• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It feels like most "leaks" follow the pattern of:

- List popular newcomers
- List one popular newcomer choice as an Assist Trophy
- List at least one unexpected character.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
The Mewtwo revealed on his birthday thing is kind of interesting. I'd get a good chuckle if he was revealed on the 6th.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
In light of all the idiots right now, can I ask that all the Smashboard members stop trolling the gamefaq people? At least till the attention seekers stop? I mean, those that are making up their own 'leaks'.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Because they aren't leaks, they are just people trying to bait suckers using made up guesses based on their prospective.
Clearly most if not all the leaks are fake. I just call them that collectively for the sake of ease. Plus I'm tired of using quotation marks.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Mewtwo revealed on February 6th would actually be OK. I'd mentioned before the whole "what if" possibility that maybe Lucario was revealed to set up another Pokemon character reveal/Mega Evolution reveal. Mewtwo fits that bill perfectly. Plus it would settle alot of drama... lest of course Mewtwo has a female voice in this one, then we'll just have more drama in it's place since that subject has already caused drama amongst people that are uninformed that the Mewtwo in the latest movie is a new one, not the same one.

I'd be down for it. Do I believe that sound guy leak? Not in the slightest. But that scenario would be cool

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Mainly hoping for this just to make people shut up about Lucario.

But, it's most likely going to be Lucario's nose.
Luigi stretching lucario's nose while breathing down Marth's neck and barely on the edge of the screen is going to be something green that will look like foliage but will later be confirmed to be Palutena's hair. Only to be confirmed in 2018 when Palutena is confirmed playable in Smash 5 but taken out of Smash 4.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The Mewtwo revealed on his birthday thing is kind of interesting. I'd get a good chuckle if he was revealed on the 6th.

not that bad of a theory and rumor

I guess mewtwo could get revealed on his birthday.(but I am without a doubt not going to hype or even think about it)

Staarih

Smash Master
It would be sort of cool if we DID get Mewtwo soon (like in the next Direct), right after Lucario, to prove that the two can actually coexist. However, I can't see that happening.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I very much doubt we'll get Mewtwo so close to Lucario (and without a good reason to reveal one of Sakurai's hidden aces). It'd be nice though, if only so the fake roster images can stop discrediting themselves with existing Mewtwo pics. :rolleyes:

This is my leak, I really want to post it to gamefaqs:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/229974770
Well you shouldn't have told us first, it's not like they don't visit here.

Alright, I'll get them to you later today
Sounds good.

kylexv

Smash Master

Hello, all fans. I'm aware that some false "leaks" have been making their rounds across the Web, with one notable one being legitimate, and I just wanted to reveal some things. I've recently retired after coming into a fair amount of money, so I have no risk of losing anything by doing this (or so I hope!) and just wished to give you Super Smash fans some inside scoops. Sadly, I worked in the sound department, so I'm not entirely sure about everything, and was unable to get pictures. All information I give here was what was given to me on lunchbreaks from my colleagues. With that out of the way, let's get onto the show! That being said, I made a new account as to not be able to be traced back. Hope this isn't an issue.

- Since I worked in the sound department, I can confirm that everyone will NOT have their own victory theme, at least at the time of writing. Somewhere down the road, perhaps, if time allows, but the first job dealing with victory themes just told us to create one for each series, like before. Meta Knight's variant was kept at the start, though.

- Because of this, I can confirm that the veterans who are the sole character in their series are coming back. These ones in particular: Yoshi, Wario, Ice Climber, Mr. Game and Watch, Robot, Captain Falcon and Solid Snake. Yes, Snake is returning. I know some fans were worried about him, but fear not!

- In addition, our job description entailed having a victory theme prepared for Punch-Out!!, Nazo no Murasame Jo and Chibi-Robo. I think we can assume that a character is getting in from these games. These are the only other new series that we needed to compose for that haven't been revealed yet.

- As a fan of Fire Emblem, a friend of mine has informed me that in addition to Marth coming back, Ike will return and Chrom will be added. The current plan is to have Ike become an unlockable, due to him being less in the public eye. He shall either be revealed to coincide with Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, or held off until the game's release (whichever comes first...even Sakurai's not sure when SMTxFE is being released). Chrom is unique from the two, and will be revealed mid-April, to coincide with Fire Emblem's anniversary. He utilizes both a sword and spear, making him a tactical character. There are currently no plans for Roy.
- At one point, I helped record a sound effect for an above-screen KO for Ridley. I believe this confirms that he's a playable character.

- The Palutena leak from a while back is correct, as I helped record her lines. Some of the development team was notably upset that it happened, but the situation with that leaker has been taken care of, to my knowledge.

- One of my friends that works in PR informed me that King K. Rool is planned to be released at E3 2014, fighting Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong on the Gangplank Galleon. He is the heaviest character.

- Falco and Wolf are both returning, and Falco is getting a rework, if the new sound effects we recorded are anything to go by. They seem to imply and Arwing Final Smash, as well as a hawk-like screech. Not sure what that screech is used for, though.

- When recording the lines for the announcer, I can confirm that Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets and Board the Platforms will be making a comeback. The announcer is the same for both versions.

- At the time, no cuts are planned, but if deadlines aren't met, Lucas is the first to go, according to Sakurai's priority list. That being said, if Lucas is revealed, a no-cut scenario is rather likely.

- Some of the staff were joking around and saying that Mewtwo should be revealed, since his birthday is on 6 February 2014. This sort of implies he'll be making it back, though I wouldn't bank on that particular date

- Waluigi returns as an Assist Trophy, as we needed to convert his sound pack. Andross does as well. That sound effect is rather hard to miss.
- Diddy is the next reveal, though many have guessed that.
(continued)
- We recorded a few lines for Lucina. Whether she is an Assist Trophy or part of Chrom's Final Smash is unknown.

- We actually brought in my neighbor's dog to record the sound effect for the Nintendog.

- Drake Redcrest's theme, Champion Battle (XY), and Bumpy March were the last songs I helped work on.

- Shulk is an Assist Trophy, to my disappointment. I asked a friend of mine (the same one who gave me the Fire Emblem information). However, there is a good amount of Xenoblade songs, as well as a stage on the Wii U.

That's all I have. I'm sure you're questioning this thing's validity, but let me assure you. After Diddy Kong, Mr. Game and Watch will be the next veteran revealed. As well, we will get a newcomer toward the end of February. More than likely, it will be Palutena, in order to quiet the leak a bit more.

So, Diddy Kong, newcomer (probably Palutena), and Game & Watch need to be revealed in that order for that to be legit, pretty much.

Sound department, at least that's an original backstory. But a lot of this sounds similar to the Translator Leak (him having money, Chrom being an April reveal, K. Rool being the heaviest character), and he mentions Sakurai's Priority List, so this still needs to be met with heavy skepticism.
3 character reveals in one month seems kind of fishy to me. If this were real though (And we will find out soon), I wouldn't mind this roster.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The guy said that Mewtwo being revealed in February was a co-worker joke, not what would actually happen. And that Game & Watch reveal was pegged for March, not February.

Damn it, these leaks are dream-like, and yet their makers go and do stupid crap like specifying exactly where they work and when they got laid off.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
3 character reveals in one month seems kind of fishy to me. If this were real though (And we will find out soon), I wouldn't mind this roster.
I just noticed this, but he or she doesn't specifically state that G&W will be revealed this month, only that he's the next veteran after Diddy.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
This sound guy retired so he claims... so... am I to understand that some old dude retired from sound making and has now taken to the Internet to tell us what he knows? It's... a bit silly to say the least.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This sound guy retired so he claims... so... am I to understand that some old dude retired from sound making and has now taken to the Internet to tell us what he knows? It's... a bit silly to say the least.
Not necessarily that he was old. Apparently the guy "fell into some money," and had an early retirement. Or, at least, that's what I'm getting from it...

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996

Hello, all fans. I'm aware that some false "leaks" have been making their rounds across the Web, with one notable one being legitimate, and I just wanted to reveal some things. I've recently retired after coming into a fair amount of money, so I have no risk of losing anything by doing this (or so I hope!) and just wished to give you Super Smash fans some inside scoops. Sadly, I worked in the sound department, so I'm not entirely sure about everything, and was unable to get pictures. All information I give here was what was given to me on lunchbreaks from my colleagues. With that out of the way, let's get onto the show! That being said, I made a new account as to not be able to be traced back. Hope this isn't an issue.

- Since I worked in the sound department, I can confirm that everyone will NOT have their own victory theme, at least at the time of writing. Somewhere down the road, perhaps, if time allows, but the first job dealing with victory themes just told us to create one for each series, like before. Meta Knight's variant was kept at the start, though.

- Because of this, I can confirm that the veterans who are the sole character in their series are coming back. These ones in particular: Yoshi, Wario, Ice Climber, Mr. Game and Watch, Robot, Captain Falcon and Solid Snake. Yes, Snake is returning. I know some fans were worried about him, but fear not!

- In addition, our job description entailed having a victory theme prepared for Punch-Out!!, Nazo no Murasame Jo and Chibi-Robo. I think we can assume that a character is getting in from these games. These are the only other new series that we needed to compose for that haven't been revealed yet.

- As a fan of Fire Emblem, a friend of mine has informed me that in addition to Marth coming back, Ike will return and Chrom will be added. The current plan is to have Ike become an unlockable, due to him being less in the public eye. He shall either be revealed to coincide with Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, or held off until the game's release (whichever comes first...even Sakurai's not sure when SMTxFE is being released). Chrom is unique from the two, and will be revealed mid-April, to coincide with Fire Emblem's anniversary. He utilizes both a sword and spear, making him a tactical character. There are currently no plans for Roy.
- At one point, I helped record a sound effect for an above-screen KO for Ridley. I believe this confirms that he's a playable character.

- The Palutena leak from a while back is correct, as I helped record her lines. Some of the development team was notably upset that it happened, but the situation with that leaker has been taken care of, to my knowledge.

- One of my friends that works in PR informed me that King K. Rool is planned to be released at E3 2014, fighting Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong on the Gangplank Galleon. He is the heaviest character.

- Falco and Wolf are both returning, and Falco is getting a rework, if the new sound effects we recorded are anything to go by. They seem to imply and Arwing Final Smash, as well as a hawk-like screech. Not sure what that screech is used for, though.

- When recording the lines for the announcer, I can confirm that Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets and Board the Platforms will be making a comeback. The announcer is the same for both versions.

- At the time, no cuts are planned, but if deadlines aren't met, Lucas is the first to go, according to Sakurai's priority list. That being said, if Lucas is revealed, a no-cut scenario is rather likely.

- Some of the staff were joking around and saying that Mewtwo should be revealed, since his birthday is on 6 February 2014. This sort of implies he'll be making it back, though I wouldn't bank on that particular date

- Waluigi returns as an Assist Trophy, as we needed to convert his sound pack. Andross does as well. That sound effect is rather hard to miss.
(continued)
- We recorded a few lines for Lucina. Whether she is an Assist Trophy or part of Chrom's Final Smash is unknown.

- We actually brought in my neighbor's dog to record the sound effect for the Nintendog.

- Drake Redcrest's theme, Champion Battle (XY), and Bumpy March were the last songs I helped work on.

- Shulk is an Assist Trophy, to my disappointment. I asked a friend of mine (the same one who gave me the Fire Emblem information). However, there is a good amount of Xenoblade songs, as well as a stage on the Wii U.

That's all I have. I'm sure you're questioning this thing's validity, but let me assure you. After Diddy Kong, Mr. Game and Watch will be the next veteran revealed. As well, we will get a newcomer toward the end of February. More than likely, it will be Palutena, in order to quiet the leak a bit more.

So, Diddy Kong, newcomer (probably Palutena), and Game & Watch need to be revealed in that order for that to be legit, pretty much.

Sound department, at least that's an original backstory. But a lot of this sounds similar to the Translator Leak (him having money, Chrom being an April reveal, K. Rool being the heaviest character), and he mentions Sakurai's Priority List, so this still needs to be met with heavy skepticism.
Wouldn't really mind this leak, except for Shulk being an Assist Trophy.. :s

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
But then the roster will have safe newcomers if those exact three are removed. :troll:
Ahhh the catch. But the Pokemon trainer is awesome. He's the best part of that leak. Sakurai will add Jimmy T. or Mona. watch and learn... watch and learn... I think those are the most likely least requested characters. Someone fanfic those characters!!
EDIT: I mean leak those characters. Whats the difference lately?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

(continued)

"After Diddy Kong, Mr. Game and Watch will be the next veteran revealed."
...Don't disappoint me leaker!

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I like the leak. Just ya' know, not expecting anything out of it.

Also, my brother just sent me this hilarious thing he found, and I have to post this somewhere so here. I recommend reading it only if you have played Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and know about Obama and Romney.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Decided that I'm just going to disregard all text leaks I see and just be happy when we get something good. Only one to nudge me so far really is that Palutena one still. After all, the real juicy text leaks didn't start appearing until just months away from release for Brawl, right?

kylexv

Smash Master
Summary of sound team leak (Main Points):

*Newcomers (Not yet revealed): Little Mac, Takumara, Chibi-robo, Chrom, Palutena, King K. Rool, and Ridley.
*No cuts
*Mewtwo will return.
*Total Characters: 47 (51 including transformations)
*Only one Victory theme per series (Meta Knight still has his own.)
*King K. Rool and the Gangplank Galleon stage are set to be revealed at E3
*Board the Platforms is coming back from Smash 64
*The announcer is the same fro both versions
*Waluigi and Shulk are AT's
*Diddy Kong will be revealed next, with Mr. Game and Watch being the next veteran to be revealed.
*We will get a newcomer reveal at the end of February.

Roster Pic:
Leaked Roster.png

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Summary of sound team leak (Main Points):

*Newcomers (Not yet revealed): Little Mac, Takumara, Chibi-robo, Chrom, Palutena, King K. Rool.
*No cuts
*Mewtwo will return.
*Total Characters: 46 (50 including transformations)
*Only one Victory theme per series (Meta Knight still has his own.)
*King K. Rool and the Gangplank Galleon stage are set to be revealed at E3
*Board the Platforms is coming back from Smash 64
*The announcer is the same fro both versions
*Waluigi and Shulk are AT's
*Diddy Kong will be revealed next, with Mr. Game and Watch being the next veteran to be revealed.
*We will get a newcomer reveal at the end of February.
It also implied playable Ridley by saying he had a Star KO recorded.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Remember. Every leak that says Ridley is playable is officially legit. I mean, no faker could make a leak THAT big, right?

~TeamRidley~

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well as fakes go at least it's believable for both the backstory and the reason why no-pics. I think it's the one to watch in any case.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
[COLLAPSE="Sound Guy Leak is Killable By:"]
--Characters (other than maybe Meta Knight...unclear) getting unique victory themes
--Exclusion of Yoshi, Wario, Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, R.O.B., Captain Falcon, or Snake
--Addition of a newcomer from any of the above veterans' series
--Exclusion of a character from Punch Out!!, Nazo no Murasame Jo or Chibi-Robo (Little Mac, Takamaru, and Chibi-Robo, most likely)
--Exclusion of Ike or Chrom
--Inclusion of Roy
--Chrom not being revealed in mid-April around Fire Emblem's anniversary
--Exclusion of Ridley, Palutena, or K. Rool
--K. Rool not being revealed at E3 2014
--Exclusion of Falco or Wolf
--Falco not getting reworked (possibly with an Arwing Final Smash...unclear)
--Exclusion of Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets, or Board the Platforms
--Different announcers between Wii U and 3DS
--Exclusion of Mewtwo
--Inclusion of Waluigi or Andross as anything other than Assist Trophies
--Diddy not being the next revealed character
--Exclusion of a talking Lucina
--Exclusion of Drake Redcrest's theme, Champion Battle (XY), or Bumpy March as BGMs
--Inclusion of Shulk as anything other than an Assist Trophy
--Exclusion of Xenoblade stage on the Wii U
--A newcomer not being revealed in February ("most likely" Palutena)
--Game & Watch not being the next veteran revealed after Diddy[/COLLAPSE]

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098
new leak
no shulk
no king k rool
no mewtwo
no palutena
no red
no little mac