• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Fair enough, the OP has been updated to reflected these changes.

@GreenReaperGod
If you'd like to post or provide me with the most noteworthy of the still live leaks (the actual leaks - not what makes them killable), I can getting to adding them.

Morbi

Scavenger
At least we only got 1 character so far that I don't think should be in Smash at all. Why does Toon/Young Link still exist?

I swear to god if they get lazy and bring back Falco and Lucas. GUHHH
Toon Link is the more prominent Link, Toon Link is the more prevalent Link, Toon Link is the more relevant Link, Young Link (generally speaking) is the most iconic Link. You should actually be questioning why Adult Link is in the game still. Toon Link isn't going anywhere any time soon, people that fail to realize this, are probably the people that thought he would be cut despite Toon Link blatantly taking inspiration from Wind Waker Link, and despite the HD remastered Wind Waker... and despite the notion that the priority list for Smash 4 isn't the same as the priority list for Brawl.

Falco... yeah, no defense.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
But didn't Sakurai say as much? What few newcomers we get judges how Smash is received. I'm much more interested in the gameplay changes, and so far we've seen just a few on the engine.
He's said a few things to help us keep our hype in check, but I'm pretty sure he did that for Brawl as well. The only reason I expect less characters this time is because they are getting to the point where it's becoming unwieldy to balance, and Sakurai has said things along these lines as well. For this reason, I doubt we'll ever have a smash game that exceeds 50 characters and I doubt this one exceeds 45. Which makes me wonder just how many cuts will future games have? But that is a topic for another day.

Morbi

Scavenger

Midge

Smash Apprentice
Well time to axe this leak/rumor out.
Seems ridiculous, but so does Chibi Robo being playable. I'll give this guy the benefit of the doubt for now (mainly because it gives K.Rool one last bit of hope).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Hello, all fans. I'm aware that some false "leaks" have been making their rounds across the Web, with one notable one being legitimate, and I just wanted to reveal some things. I've recently retired after coming into a fair amount of money, so I have no risk of losing anything by doing this (or so I hope!) and just wished to give you Super Smash fans some inside scoops. Sadly, I worked in the sound department, so I'm not entirely sure about everything, and was unable to get pictures. All information I give here was what was given to me on lunchbreaks from my colleagues. With that out of the way, let's get onto the show! That being said, I made a new account as to not be able to be traced back. Hope this isn't an issue.

- Since I worked in the sound department, I can confirm that everyone will NOT have their own victory theme, at least at the time of writing. Somewhere down the road, perhaps, if time allows, but the first job dealing with victory themes just told us to create one for each series, like before. Meta Knight's variant was kept at the start, though.

- Because of this, I can confirm that the veterans who are the sole character in their series are coming back. These ones in particular: Yoshi, Wario, Ice Climber, Mr. Game and Watch, Robot, Captain Falcon and Solid Snake. Yes, Snake is returning. I know some fans were worried about him, but fear not!

- In addition, our job description entailed having a victory theme prepared for Punch-Out!!, Nazo no Murasame Jo and Chibi-Robo. I think we can assume that a character is getting in from these games. These are the only other new series that we needed to compose for that haven't been revealed yet.

- As a fan of Fire Emblem, a friend of mine has informed me that in addition to Marth coming back, Ike will return and Chrom will be added. The current plan is to have Ike become an unlockable, due to him being less in the public eye. He shall either be revealed to coincide with Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, or held off until the game's release (whichever comes first...even Sakurai's not sure when SMTxFE is being released). Chrom is unique from the two, and will be revealed mid-April, to coincide with Fire Emblem's anniversary. He utilizes both a sword and spear, making him a tactical character. There are currently no plans for Roy.
- At one point, I helped record a sound effect for an above-screen KO for Ridley. I believe this confirms that he's a playable character.

- The Palutena leak from a while back is correct, as I helped record her lines. Some of the development team was notably upset that it happened, but the situation with that leaker has been taken care of, to my knowledge.

- One of my friends that works in PR informed me that King K. Rool is planned to be released at E3 2014, fighting Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong on the Gangplank Galleon. He is the heaviest character.

- Falco and Wolf are both returning, and Falco is getting a rework, if the new sound effects we recorded are anything to go by. They seem to imply and Arwing Final Smash, as well as a hawk-like screech. Not sure what that screech is used for, though.

- When recording the lines for the announcer, I can confirm that Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets and Board the Platforms will be making a comeback. The announcer is the same for both versions.

- At the time, no cuts are planned, but if deadlines aren't met, Lucas is the first to go, according to Sakurai's priority list. That being said, if Lucas is revealed, a no-cut scenario is rather likely.

- Some of the staff were joking around and saying that Mewtwo should be revealed, since his birthday is on 6 February 2014. This sort of implies he'll be making it back, though I wouldn't bank on that particular date

- Waluigi returns as an Assist Trophy, as we needed to convert his sound pack. Andross does as well. That sound effect is rather hard to miss.
- Diddy is the next reveal, though many have guessed that.
(continued)
- We recorded a few lines for Lucina. Whether she is an Assist Trophy or part of Chrom's Final Smash is unknown.

- We actually brought in my neighbor's dog to record the sound effect for the Nintendog.

- Drake Redcrest's theme, Champion Battle (XY), and Bumpy March were the last songs I helped work on.

- Shulk is an Assist Trophy, to my disappointment. I asked a friend of mine (the same one who gave me the Fire Emblem information). However, there is a good amount of Xenoblade songs, as well as a stage on the Wii U.

That's all I have. I'm sure you're questioning this thing's validity, but let me assure you. After Diddy Kong, Mr. Game and Watch will be the next veteran revealed. As well, we will get a newcomer toward the end of February. More than likely, it will be Palutena, in order to quiet the leak a bit more.

So, Diddy Kong, newcomer (probably Palutena), and Game & Watch need to be revealed in that order for that to be legit, pretty much.

Sound department, at least that's an original backstory. But a lot of this sounds similar to the Translator Leak (him having money, Chrom being an April reveal, K. Rool being the heaviest character), and he mentions Sakurai's Priority List, so this still needs to be met with heavy skepticism.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dat dog story. :laugh:

That being said, while unlikely, I wouldn't mind this being true at all.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
He didn't mention Dixie at all, and said the newcomer would probably be Palutena so as to hush up the leak a bit more.
Yeah, I just read it. I want Dixie though... but K. Rool is just as awesome. however:

We actually brought in my neighbor's dog to record the sound effect for the Nintendog.

What were you thinking....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, Diddy Kong, newcomer (probably Palutena), and Game & Watch need to be revealed in that order for that to be legit, pretty much.

Sound department, at least that's an original backstory. But a lot of this sounds similar to the Translator Leak (him having money, Chrom being an April reveal, K. Rool being the heaviest character), and he mentions Sakurai's Priority List, so this still needs to be met with heavy skepticism.
I think the money part was more of an excuse as to why he or she doesn't work there, as opposed to "lol Sakurai let me pay him off to see stuff." But yeah, it at least sounds like the Translator Leak. Spiritual successor, perhaps?

Morbi

Scavenger
Hopefully she isn't paid dust this time and is her own slot/character.
I wouldn't mind that, I always joke with my sister that Zero-Suit Samus has the worst Final Smash in the game, not because of how horrible the actual FS is, but based on the notion that you are forced to play as Samus. :awesome:

Shroob

Sup?
This post does beg to question... When ARE we going to start seeing some of the smaller franchises? We've seen 0 F-Zero or Earthbound stuff, and very little Fire Emblem or Star Fox stuff. I can forgive Yoshi due to a maybe release in March, but still...

Midge

Smash Apprentice
Diddy to be revealed on the 13th. Game and watch revealed on February 21st to coincide with the anniversary of the Game and Watch game Helmet, and the a Direct at the end of the Month. Would that be reasonable?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Diddy to be revealed on the 13th. Game and watch revealed on February 21st to coincide with the anniversary of the Game and Watch game Helmet, and the a Direct at the end of the Month. Would that be reasonable?
Helmet seems like a really random one to have an anniversary for, but I suppose it could happen.

Fares612

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind that, I always joke with my sister that Zero-Suit Samus has the worst Final Smash in the game, not because of how horrible the actual FS is, but based on the notion that you are forced to play as Samus. :awesome:
I'm gonna start a petition on the White House website :awesome:
#JusticeForZamus

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It's interesting to see how often Shulk drifts between playable and AT in all these leaks. Most other characters that feature heavily in them tend to stay in one category or another.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
RIdley, Mewtwo, and K. Rool makes me one happy camper.:oneeye:

However shulk being an assist trophy? Snake returning ?

funny-avengers-gif-GTFO.gif

I hate snake... :evil:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
This is getting ridiculous.
* There are lots of cuts in this game because there are lots of newcomers.
* Pichu, Young Link, and Dr. Mario do not return.
* Ike, R.O.B., Ice Climbers, Jiggylpuff, Pokemon Trainer, Ness, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Snake, Shiek, Wolf, and ZS Samus are cut.
* That is 10 cuts (excluding transformations).
* Everyone else (including Roy and Mewtwo) return.
* There are 18 newcomers! (exluding transformations)
* You saw 4.
* Other fourteen: Robin, Takamaru, Prince Sable, Blaziken, Zoroark, Masked Man/Claus, Ghirahim, Bandana Dee, Pac-Man, Krystal, Meowth, Dixie Kong, Palutena, and Ridley.
*Shiek is replaced by Impa
http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1391370216/1-40

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Why are we even talking about this? I say blatantly bull leaks should stay on gamefaqs.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I like the sound of this sound department "leak" but considering how many leaks we are getting and how they are increasingly more **** I don't really believe it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's interesting to see how often Shulk drifts between playable and AT in all these leaks. Most other characters that feature heavily in them tend to stay in one category or another.
Because they aren't leaks, they are just people trying to bait suckers using made up guesses based on their prospective.

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice
I like the sound of this sound department "leak" but considering how many leaks we are getting and how they are increasingly more **** I don't really believe it.
I actually think it sounds really believable. The only thing I dont like is Chibi Robo. & I still believe Snake doesnt really fit in (imo of course)

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
We should change this threads name from Rumors and Leaks to "SmashBros Developer Fanfic Speculation"

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I actually think it sounds really believable. The only thing I dont like is Chibi Robo. & I still believe Snake doesnt really fit in (imo of course)
Chibi Robo is one of the reasons why I like it. xD (I have the same feeling about Snake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom