• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Found this spoiler

Mario/Yoshi/Wario:
  • Waluigi returns as an assist trophy
DK:
  • Diddy Kong will be confirmed with DKCR:TF
  • Dixie and Diddy will be played as a tag team
  • No King K. Rool
Zelda:
  • Gannon is still playable
  • Tingle returns as an assist trophy
  • Midna is a new assist trophy
Pokemon:
  • Mewtwo will return
  • Pokemon Trainer will be cut
  • Jigglypuff will return
Kirby:
  • Meta Knight will return
  • Magolor is a new assist trophy
  • New Epic Yarn stage
Metroid:
  • Ridley is a stage hazard
Star Fox:
  • Falco will return
  • Wolf will be cut
  • Andross is an assist trophy
Kid Icarus:
  • Palutena will be a newcomer
  • Madusa is an assist trophy
Fire Emblem
  • Ike is cut
  • Chrom is a newcomer
Other:
  • Little Mac is a newcomer
  • Glass Joe is a new assist trophy
  • Chibi Robo is an assist trophy
  • Isaac is an assist trophy
  • Ness will return
  • Lucas is cut
  • Mr. Saturn will not return
  • Captain Falcon will return
NO LINK let me geuss this is yours

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I was surprised to see people discuss this old tssznews story in here. People can believe if they want, but if you're not aware...TSSZ News is a joke inside the Sonic fan community. They have repeatedly "reported" rumors that were infamously bad. I mean, that's fine if you're just writing something people are saying. But they claimed that these reports came from leakers TO them, which damages their credibility.

They created the Sonic DImensions rumor, where you played as a bunch of re-colored sonics. They said Sonic Generations was getting DLC(even confirming the stages...never happened). They had a rumor of characters making the roster for Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed that was infamously wrong(characters like Vectorman were mentioned).

Other bad rumors are around too, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

They're okay as a news collection site for Sonic fans, but their original reporting and rumors are not trustworthy.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
How to make a 101% accuratez rumor (pre-Lucario reveal):

-Cut characters because Sakurai totally said Brawl characters would be cut and totally didn't mean Smash Bros a whole
-Include no AT or Pokeballs
-Pretend you know a guy even though we know its you
-Add characters everyone and their mother wants like Ridley, Chrom, K.Rool, Mewtwo, Takamaru, ect
-Add Ridley
-Add Ridley
-Add Ridley

How to make a 101% accuratez rumor (post-Lucario reveal):

-Include more veterans or say they all come back
-Keep pretending you know a guy mentioning how you got this from an inside source
-Include other information about the game besides it's characters
-Talk about cut material
-Add Ike
-Dont forget to add Ike
-Crud, Lucario came back, so that means Ike actually might come back. Let's include him on our leak.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Lucario's reveal seems to have killed quite a few of the live leaks.
I think most importantly, the Translator Leak, which claimed Diddy would be the next veteran reveal after Dedede.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Would really love some real-looking Picture leaks right now. The Days without Pics of The Day are so slow somehow~

There really needs to be a Nintendo Direct soon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Guys, someone posted this.
Hi,
I'm Japanese so please forgive me if I make mistakes.

I managed to get opportunity to play Smash Bros. for 3DS thanks to a cousin working as a developer at Namco.

Photos are forbiden but I managed to take photo from my own 3DS.

I'm not allowed to show this image so please delete my account in days coming. I don't want to get my IP adress tracked down

This is Magna from Palutena no kagami (Kid Icarus) VS Bowser,

I also checked his IP address, just to be sure, and it is apparently from Yokohama, Japan. That said, IP addresses can be manipulated using specialized software, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well here's a comparison picture of the three for Magnus in terms of overall design.

I recall Bowser making a similar movement to that in a similar general area of the Battlefield stage from the developer direct so I guess we can check that. Does Magnus make a similar pose to that in Uprising though? Perhaps the AR card? The colours also look a little iffy but that might just be the screens lightning perhaps? :/

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That looks exactly like when we see Bowser do that exact move on that exact Place, but with Magnus pasted in. :/ May be coincidence, but I don't Believe it.

And that looks like Magnus' kick attack from Uprising.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Guys, someone posted this.

I also checked his IP address, just to be sure, and it is apparently from Yokohama, Japan. That said, IP addresses can be manipulated using specialized software, so take it with a grain of salt.
Something tells me it's fake. Magnus's model looks identical to the Uprising model. I also notice something wrong with the pixels around Magnus.

The IP address could either because the account was logged on a Japanese computer or someone outside of Japan used a proxy to change the IP address.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well here's a comparison pic with 3DS Bowser if anyone wants to see.

I tried to get it as accurately to the image as I could so there.

I'm leaning to this being fake as I see a bit too many similarities between the two. Not to mention that the Magnus one has Bowser lacking his shadow under him and there are a few cut bits in the exact same places but ah well, I'll let the leak busters handle this. :p

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Was going to say it looks to be at a different angle... but actually it seems the top platform was edited to stretch out longer to near the edge? I doubt the platforms in Battlefield move.

Look at the size and exact same angle of bowser's body in both of those pictures and the remaining distance for the top platform to meet with the end of the stage.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

I'm leaning to this being fake as I see a bit too many similarities between the two. Not to mention that the Magnus one has Bowser lacking his shadow under him and there are a few cut bits in the exact same places but ah well, I'll let the leak busters handle this. :p
Hmm. I'm trying to find a picture of Magnus in a pose like that.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
How is he doing a forward smash and taking a picture at the same time? Or if he's Magnus then how is he recovering and taking a picture? And why can't we see Magnus' face if that's who he's trying to show? But maybe he isn't playing as Magnus. But that just brings it back to the first question.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I think it's actually kinda funny/convenient. We get that Palutena leak that's been the talk of the town, NOW we get another Kid Icarus leak. For some reason, I can't shake the fact that this new leak is fake because I think it's just somebody trying to play off the wave of the Palutena leak.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice

That's waayyy too similar to be legit surely? Bowser's right leg in the direct shot has it dipping into the stage, but towards his foot it doesn't because there's nothing there. The leg is exactly the same in the other version despite the fact that surely the whole bottom portion of his leg would sink into the platform......right?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I was surprised to see people discuss this old tssznews story in here. People can believe if they want, but if you're not aware...TSSZ News is a joke inside the Sonic fan community. They have repeatedly "reported" rumors that were infamously bad. I mean, that's fine if you're just writing something people are saying. But they claimed that these reports came from leakers TO them, which damages their credibility.

They created the Sonic DImensions rumor, where you played as a bunch of re-colored sonics. They said Sonic Generations was getting DLC(even confirming the stages...never happened). They had a rumor of characters making the roster for Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed that was infamously wrong(characters like Vectorman were mentioned).

Other bad rumors are around too, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

They're okay as a news collection site for Sonic fans, but their original reporting and rumors are not trustworthy.
Not to defend this rumor, but most of this post is hyperbole. Your last paragraph is the most accurate view of the Sonic fan view of the site. Its an okay site, but to get hits it reports everything, rumors that are accurate and not accurate. Sometimes the site does get inside news. Heck there is a category on the site for rumors only so people aren't dumb enough to take it as full news.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In the "leak", Bowser doesn't have a shadow, whereas in the Direct, he has.

Coincidentally, Bowser's shadow in the Direct happens to be in the exact same place as Magnus's in the "leak"...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, pretty obvious fake I'd say. Though I wouldn't mind Magnus playable (would prefer Medusa Before him, though).

But it's still fun to see! I like leaks/fakes/etc. Any more new ones?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Surprised with all this Nintendo Direct anticipation that there haven't been any people trying to fake inside knowledge of the next Direct. It's like, those fakers in January were about it.

Speaking of, IF there is a Direct WITH Smash Bros info, what would ya'll expect most?
1. A New Pokemon Character to showcase Mega Evolution/star opposite Lucario (Blaziken, Mewtwo)
2. Info on single player mode
3. Confirmation of the Palutena leak
4. "Release Date Trailer" aka alot of info/characters shown at once leading up to a release date announcement
5. Just to troll us all in true Sakurai fashion, he decides to announce something random like Captain Rainbow or Dillon instead of Diddy or Palutena or anything else we might have expected

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well, I'm sure the next Direct will show a Newcomer (expects Palutena, want Ridley!), but since it's now in the year of it's release, I hope we'll get a whole bunch of info, be that big or minor, like that Developer Direct. And/or maybe a whole battle like with MegaMan vs Mario, only with Rosalina vs Palutena, to show off the new ones.

Or Ridley. Just in case I forgot to mention him.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Well here's a comparison picture of the three for Magnus in terms of overall design.

I recall Bowser making a similar movement to that in a similar general area of the Battlefield stage from the developer direct so I guess we can check that. Does Magnus make a similar pose to that in Uprising though? Perhaps the AR card? The colours also look a little iffy but that might just be the screens lightning perhaps? :/
His face is so blurry.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, looks like we cracked the case in no time flat with that one. Magnus could end up as an assist trophy though.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
i hope people know that the location of a shadow doesn't matter, it's that we have no picture that has that angle of view in battlefield 3DS (that i've seen). show me a pic with an identical angle and i'll ultimately dismiss this leak. i'm not letting the color affect my judgement since i know how bad of quality pictures of screens can be, based on past phone experience

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
i hope people know that the location of a shadow doesn't matter, it's that we have no picture that has that angle of view in battlefield 3DS (that i've seen). show me a pic with an identical angle and i'll ultimately dismiss this leak. i'm not letting the color affect my judgement since i know how bad of quality pictures of screens can be, based on past phone experience
If it was a difference of angle bowser would also be at a different one, yet he's exactly the same in both the "leak" and the direct screencap.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You don't need a similar picture. There's an entire video that disproves this. (It's a screen cap of the Developer Direct)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom