• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
All but her vB.
I don't think we've seen Nayru's Love either (correct me if I'm wrong there), but if the other two are back it's still probably around in her moveset.

Really though, what makes me doubt that it's an AT is the amount of work that seems to have gone into it. It looks like Phantom Zelda whereas if it was an AT a generic Phantom would've been preferable, the model's more detailed then the typical AT (it actually has fingers, unlike Skull Kid) and it looks like they updated it to look more like TP style then "Celda" style, better matching Zelda herself. If they went through the trouble of doing all that, I'd think that the Phantom is related to the character by some extent.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
GaeozHero is this guys name. Im calling it fake just because of that. Chaoszero... really?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The Phantom has to have some relevance to Zelda. It wouldn't be on her character page if it didn't, right?
It's a zelda related assist trophy and Sakurai didn't want to waste a day showing us it, because it's generic and not really noteworthy. (My thoughts)
I just think he has too many things wrong for me to believe him. If the Smash or the Mario 3D World information was not wrong (or was not present) I would be a little more interested in this leak, but because of said mistakes I am very confident the leak is fake.

I have no info on Metroid 3DS but there has been no nod towards it as of yet and its been 10 months. It does say "you won't see it for a while", I guess that isn't really wrong, it should go under the yet to be proven but doubtful.

I believe Retro studios did start some new project recently (in the past 6 months or so, I have no proof though, just speculation) so a new Metroid from them wouldn't be out of the question, but it would be after this leak was made.

The Pianta thing I will also try and look up in Mario 3D World. I don't quite remember him in the game, but I do remember saying that line to my girlfriend talking about a Pianta and quite honestly, the only 3 games we've played together in the past 6 months were Sonic: Lost World, Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3 (well that and Zelda: OoT, Dr. Mario, Original Donkey Kong and some other really old classic titltes that I am sure do not have a Pianta anywhere in the game). So unless there's a Pianta in Pikmin or Sonic then there must be one in 3D World or else I dreamt the whole thing.
I enterpreted the 3d world/smash info more as either the leaker or the narrator ad libbing in some info to try and spice up the article (because to be honest it is rather boring), or someone just getting the wrong info or hearing info wrong.

Also, if Bayonetta makes it into smash i will be hella pissed. there is no way i can imagine her being a good edition to a nintendo fighter.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Why can't it be Lip. She's female (I hope) and would probably have a moveset involving Panel de Pon blocks (easily mistaken with any other puzzle blocks i.e. Tetronimoes).
He doesn't know her name, but knows Lip's Stick is retuning? Don't those contradict each other? And wouldn't Lip's Stick being an item basically deconfirm Lip, as her abilities are limited, and that's kind of her thing?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Some people desperately want Bayonetta (for reasons I cannot fathom).
Bayonetta (the character) basically represents everything that is wrong with mainstream media nowadays; extreme sexualization. Seriously, her clothes come off when she fights. I think that is one of the arguments against her, she doesn't fit into Smash very well.

Bayonetta (the game) is really fun to play, though.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
He doesn't know her name, but knows Lip's Stick is retuning? Don't those contradict each other? And wouldn't Lip's Stick being an item basically deconfirm Lip, as her abilities are limited, and that's kind of her thing?
Pokeballs are an item and Pokemon trainer is a character. But who knows if theres more than one Lip's stick. The name implies theres only one.

andimidna

Smash Master
Wait, why all the Bayonetta hate? I'd love her addition and I think she'd be fun to play as, I can't see a possibility of her being similar to any other addition. I support mostly females for SSB, but she's one of my top choices. Her clothes coming off when she fights just wouldn't be implemented, and she'd have her hairstyle from Bayonetta 2. I don't think she's that likely, but I still support her.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Regarding the phantom, Sakurai may have shown it because he is playing with changing up Zelda's move set but hasn't finalized it, so he hasn't clarified what the phantom is yet. Meaning that if he decides to keep Zelda the same he will announce it as an assist trophy but if he does not, he will announce Impa as the inheritor of Sheik's moves.

(Highly tangential) Evidence, Sakurai drawing attention to Zelda's JoJo-ness, and that he has not clarified what the phantom is yet.

(edit) He may also decide to add it in a way that does not necessitate replacing Sheik, like using it for charged smash attacks.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
Found this CSS, I give it a fake/10

I still think it's funny that people think that sakurai will make impa as a replacement scrappy
Isn't that Mewtwo pic just his model from Melee? And thats the same Yoshi from the last fake.

Also Rockman... when everyone else has their English names... good job.

andimidna

Smash Master

I still think it's funny that people think that sakurai will make impa as a replacement scrappy

I think it looks pretty good. But it will be debunked so easily, when artwork is released that doesn't match.

EDIT: If this is supposed to be a final character select screen, we might as well just disregard it. Too many cuts and just... too little. That's 1 more than Brawl and it adds 7 newcomers and Mewtwo? So it cut 7? Wolf, Lucas, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, ROB, Ice Climbers, and Snake? I don't think we'll have a single cut, so each one is unlikely in my eyes. Let's multiply what I think the probability of each removal is, to get the likelihood of the roster. 17% x 15% x 0.1% x 5% x 12% x 0.2% x 6% = 0.000000001836%. But that's just my view on large cuts. These newcomers seem fine, I don't have anything against the choices, only the lack of choices. And I don't think Bayonetta will make it if Snake doesn't return, or if Pacman isn't added first, as I see him as the next 3rd party newcomer, and her the 2nd. And does it really make sense for DK, Starfox, FE, and Kid Icarus to have the same amount of reps, 2?

Last edited:

Awfully selective about which characters use their Japanese names. "Mr." Game & Watch, Jigglypuff, etc. Besides, the unannounced characters are using existing art. But kudos to the artist for the attractive overall design!

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure piantas aren't in this game. If they were i would've made sure to jump on him, and i have no memory of pianta stomping. (I'm starting up 3d world soon to double check)

In my opinion, this will be false if there is no metroid 3ds or Retro studios "huge title" at e3. "innocent until proven guilty" blahblahblah.

The article states "But that source did not only reveal us some details about SEGA games (quite some time before they were officially revealed, so the legitimacy of the source was proven), but also some info on the upcoming Nintendo lineup". The author of the article has no strikes on his record from what i've seen, so i'll go ahead and believe the statement was true.

I believe people are a bit too hasty judging leaks and rumors online, people seem to just dismiss things left and right and that will eventually not end well. For example, most of brawl's roster and stages were leaked before release, but most people dismissed it. (I think it was because of this guy :rob:) And people dismissed the x/y leak, even though it ended up correct.

No idea what is meant by skip game, and Monolith only seems to be on developement of X at this point.
I considered the gameboy game and march of the minis as part of the mario vs donkey kong franchise, so in my eyes it isn't really that old. and i believe it said "niche series and forgotten ips", so they were probably being referred to separately.

I also don't know about the Metroid 3ds thing being proven wrong. If you were to link info on that, then i'll certainly change my mind about this leak.
Actually Muster, if you look at the last Direct where Rosalina was announced I believe Iwata did present ChibiRobo as a old/forgotten/retro franchise or something. I know because I think me and a couple of other people on GAF got pissed when he said that and revealed the game to be chibi-robo so in my eyes he nailed that prediction as well.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
k guys my enlgish isn't that good but Sakruai gave me this leak

Ridley is playable but you are stuck in the background
King K. Rool and Dixie dou
Vaati fused with Geno to make an all new character Vaato
Muddy Mole is playable but only on the Wii U gamepad also you can't see anything
Kamek is playable his final smash is making a giant Baby Luigi
Mewtwo doesn't make it in but we get Mew
Zelda no longer turns into Shiek
Impa is playable and can transform into Shiek
Little Mac was going to be playable but some one stole his bike
I thought I lost it at Impa transforming into Sheik, but then Little Mac's bike. :laugh:

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Going to the GaeozHero leak, having the master ball be for legendary Pokemon could be a nice change, it would let you know what "tier" of pokemon you are getting and might also make it possible to disable one type of Pokeball or the other. What is glaringly obvious about this "leak" though is that it is similar to the ChaosZero leak in more than just name, this one also goes the indirect reaveal rout and vaugly touches on characters stages and items (making it a thorough imitation). Still we nice to have another one with a hard time limit.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Lucario's reveal kind of debunks of few of the leaks you have yet to move to the debunked section
As far as I can see, of the leaks I currently have in the Live section of the OP, Lucario's reveal debunks none of them. Obviously the one claiming he starts as Riolu isn't going to come to fruition, but technically that claim hasn't been disproven yet.

If I missed something though, feel free to tell me.

Wow that's bad.

Regardless of the clearly already existing character art... Koopa, Murabito, Rockman, Rosetta... and Jigglypuff? Did the leaker even do any research?

Why waste a weirdly good Jigglypuff picture with a generic Captain Falcon picture, the Mewtwo from Project M, the Falco from Melee, and the Diddy from Tropical Freeze?

It almost makes me think it's real and those are place holders.

EDIT: Sorry for the quote Capn', it saved a quote I didn't post from hours ago. I've done that twice now.:facepalm:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Just went through the direct, Iwata calls it a past franchise (chibi-robo) and pretends like its a highly favorite one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom