• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
new leak
no shulk
no king k rool
no mewtwo
no palutena
no red
no little mac
no ridley
no chrom
pac man confimed
:troll:
Actually would be fine with this. It would change the way Smashboards predicts characters.
But yeah, Palutena, Mewtwo, and Little Mac should be removed in that list.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Since my leak went 404 I'll leave it here:

I am a worker for Nintendo and am helping with the development of the new Super Smash Bros. games for Nintendo Wii U and 3DS. I came to give you guys a few bits of information on some of the characters that we have been working on:

Veterans:
There were no cuts, not even Snake. Roy will not be returning but Mewtwo will be a rep for Pokemon and the Trainer has been changed to coincide with the announcement of the remakes of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Versions, the trainer has a model for both female and male, just like Wii Fit Trainer. The trainer has Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.

Newcomers:
It was really interesting when we first heard the list of newcomers, because a few characters who many expected to be playable did not make the cut. Examples are Little Mac, Ridley, and Dixie Kong.

Aside from the newcomers you have seen, here are the remaining ones:
-Chrom
-Takumaru
-Shulk
-Professor Layton
-King K Rool
-Palutena
-Captain Rainbow
-Wonder Red

Oh, one last thing that I will tell you. The Cave of Origin, from Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby versions is a stage, with Kyogre and Groudon as stage hazards, another reference to the announcement of the remade games.

That's all I have for you now.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618

I am a worker for Nintendo and am helping with the development of the new Super Smash Bros. games for Nintendo Wii U and 3DS. I came to give you guys a few bits of information on some of the characters that we have been working on:

Veterans:
There were no cuts, not even Snake. Roy will not be returning but Mewtwo will be a rep for Pokemon and the Trainer has been changed to coincide with the announcement of the remakes of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Versions, the trainer has a model for both female and male, just like Wii Fit Trainer. The trainer has Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.

Newcomers:
It was really interesting when we first heard the list of newcomers, because a few characters who many expected to be playable did not make the cut. Examples are Little Mac, Ridley, and Dixie Kong.

-Chrom
-Takumaru
-Shulk
-Professor Layton
-King K Rool
-Palutena
-Captain Rainbow
-Wonder Red

Oh, one last thing that I will tell you. The Cave of Origin, from Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby versions is a stage, with Kyogre and Groudon as stage hazards, another reference to the announcement of the remade games.

No Ridley?

Senor-Chang.gif

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice

Veterans:

Newcomers:

-Chrom
-Takumaru
-Shulk
-Professor Layton
-King K Rool
-Palutena
-Captain Rainbow
-Wonder Red

Professor Layton a character?
389-Impossibru.jpg

:troll:

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098

Veterans:

Newcomers:

-Chrom
-Takumaru
-Shulk
-Professor Layton
-King K Rool
-Palutena
-Captain Rainbow
-Wonder Red

Professor Layton?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But wheres the fun in that? :sadsheep:
I'm not here to debate it.

Veterans:

Newcomers:

-Chrom
-Takumaru
-Shulk
-Professor Layton
-King K Rool
-Palutena
-Captain Rainbow
-Wonder Red

Even if nothing can be contradicted atm, the new Pokemon Trainer, Captain Rainbow, Wonder Red, and the exclusion of Little Mac are going to make this a pretty hard sell imo.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Layton is not obscure in any way even if he's not as well known as icons like Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.

I wouldn't necessarily call Layton obscure, but I guess that's just my opinion... :T
Honestly I have a hard time imagining a likely situation in which we get Layton but not a Namco character.

So I got modded for it on Gamefaqs. Don't know why. I posted it saying I wanted to discuss a leak I found on 4chan. It was considered trolling.
They probably saw you declare you made it. You shouldn't have told us.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Layton is not obscure in any way even if he's not as well known as icons like Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.

Honestly I have a hard time imagining a situation in which we get Layton but not a Namco character.

They probably saw you declare you made it.
I'm only "The Light Music Club" on this site and Kitty Corp so I dont think so.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly I have a hard time imagining a likely situation in which we get Layton but not a Namco character.
Yeah I realize that and I'm not expecting him to make it in at all. Especially not over a Namco character. All I'm saying is that I don't really find the series to be that obscure, especially since it's still a pretty popular series today, particularly with the Japanese and Europeans. However, the series might fall a little into obscurity sometime after the Ace Attorney Crossover though. Assuming the creator is fully certain that he doesn't want to continue it anymore.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Are there any rumors as to why we have'nt seen a single pic of the Nintendog's stage since the day it was revealed?
It means the Labrador Retriever is playable.
Not too sure to be honest, maybe they are making the giant Nintendog a working stage hazard.

Yeah I realize that and I'm not expecting him to make it in at all. Especially not over a Namco character. All I'm saying is that I don't really find the series to be that obscure, especially since it's still a pretty popular series today. However, the series might fall a little into obscurity after the Ace Attorney Crossover though. Assuming the creator is fully certain that he doesn't want to continue it anymore.
It's in fact Layton's last chance to be in the game, because I heard the Layton series will continue without the character Layton appearing in Layton 7.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm only "The Light Music Club" on this site and Kitty Corp so I dont think so.
Doesn't GameFAQs delete most rumor threads anyway?

In any case, you shouldn't have linked to a rumor stating you made it with your intentions to post it elsewhere and expect others wouldn't take notice, whether or not they actually did. It'd be smarter to just post the rumor a few places before admitting you created it. They'd still see you admitting it's a fake leak even if the names are different.

Yeah I realize that and I'm not expecting him to make it in at all. Especially not over a Namco character. All I'm saying is that I don't really find the series to be that obscure, especially since it's still a pretty popular series today. However, the series might fall a little into obscurity after the Ace Attorney Crossover though. Assuming the creator is fully certain that he doesn't want to continue it anymore.
Yeah, I stand by what I said but I'm not exactly sure why I quoted you there. :laugh:Embarrass

I agree with him not being obscure though, like I said above.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's in fact Layton's last chance to be in the game, because I heard the Layton series will continue without the character Layton appearing in Layton 7.
Well it really depends I guess, Hino has stated at some point that he wasn't fully ready yet to end the series with Azran Legacy and that he is interested in developing another trilogy, however, the gameplay won't be as how we traditionally know it. From what I remember at least. Wether that game is that Layton 7 game I'm not sure. I hope it isn't....

So with that I guess there could also be the next Smash games if the creator is serious about giving the series one last go and if he intends to keep Layton (which I hope he does), although I still wouldn't put too much hope on him for Smash as much as I hate to admit it.... :/
Yeah, I stand by what I said but I'm not exactly sure why I quoted you there. :laugh:Embarrass

I agree with him not being obscure though, like I said above.
Oh I see. Alrighty then. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Professor Layton? Ehhh, I wouldnt be to sure on him, but he would be kinda cool. Still, there are other people that would be better suited to Smash rather than Layton.

@ N3ON N3ON Best sig ever

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I
No idea what is meant by skip game, and Monolith only seems to be on developement of X at this point.
I considered the gameboy game and march of the minis as part of the mario vs donkey kong franchise, so in my eyes it isn't really that old. and i believe it said "niche series and forgotten ips", so they were probably being referred to separately.
Skip is the developer behind the Chibi Robo series and Captain Rainbow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Ltd.

So I got modded for it on Gamefaqs. Don't know why. I posted it saying I wanted to discuss a leak I found on 4chan. It was considered trolling.
GameFAQs mods are pretty dumb and mod all leaks, even if they're true. You'd think they would have learned their lesson after ChaosZero, but nope. Still as idiotic as ever...

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
GameFAQs mods are pretty dumb and mod all leaks, even if they're true. You'd think they would have learned their lesson after ChaosZero, but nope. Still as idiotic as ever...
Maybe they aren't aware the ChaosZero leak or they are just new mods taking over the SSB4 section without knowledge of any leak, doing their job.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If a site's policy is to delete "leak" threads, and it's abundantly clear that leak threads get deleted, it's the leaker's fault for posting them thinking they'd remain up.

For every one ChaosZero there must be hundreds of bogus leaks posted there, so I don't blame them for having a harsh policy on "leaks".

If someone has an actual real leak, and their priority is to get it out, I'm sure they can post it if not somewhere it won't get deleted, then in multiple locations.

@ SuperMii3D SuperMii3D
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom