• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Some people I don't understand. People are like "What if the roster doesn't have Ridely, what if it doesn't have K. Rool?" Simple, it just won't have them. As much as these characters would be interesting, if Sakurai doesn't see it that way then so be it. It's not like it will drastically impact sales. Doesn't make the roster crap either. To be honest I'm hoping he adds more franchises. You get more bang for your buck with those entries, more stages usually, more remixed music from the newly added franchises, new franchise victory tunes etc.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The image of the "trailer" already exists (it's from DQX).

Nice try though.

@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
Thanks! They will be added to the OP, and I'll add you to the list at the top of the post. ;)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Saw this on 4Chan, thought I'd link it if it ended up being true...
While this is easily debunked (Invalid URL, that image is Dragon Quest Ten, etc.) it's nice to see a leak/rumor/fake with visual evidence. Just as long as they don't make it obvious that they half-cooked their "leak".
Still typing that "amazing leak huehuehue"

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Neon? When is this going to be updated? We've got so many happening, your post is the only way I knew which are the serious posts that haven't been debunked.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Neon? When is this going to be updated? We've got so many happening, your post is the only way I knew which are the serious posts that haven't been debunked.
Really? The OP hadn't been updated for months and now there's dependence on it? :laugh:
I guess that's good to hear though, if people weren't using it it'd just be a huge waste of time to work on.

I'll be updating the list with the leaks GreenReaperGod provided sometime tonight, but I can't tell you when the OP will actually be totally up-to-date. There's a lot of catch up to do.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Really? The OP hadn't been updated for months and now there's dependence on it? :laugh:
I guess that's good to hear though, if people weren't using it it'd just be a huge waste of time to work on.

I'll be updating the list with the leaks GreenReaperGod provided sometime tonight, but I can't tell you when the OP will actually be totally up-to-date. There's a lot of catch up to do.
That was because the original OP vanished for months and people had given up by that point. :troll:

Actually, I want to commend you for taking on this responsibility in addition to your mod duties. Take as much time as you need for updates. We'll be patient...

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
If the Slime leak is legit and he's in the game, it would make this comic more touching...

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
WEOOOOOO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Ok, so anything good that I missed? I saw the Slime and Tetris block, but anything somewhat legit?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Minor enemies shouldn't be playable, but mascots should. Pikachu got in before Pokemon Trainer after all.

inb4 "put in Jessica she's the only Dragon Quest character I know because rule 34 when I was looking up Final Fantasy"

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Minor enemies shouldn't be playable, but mascots should. Pikachu got in before Pokemon Trainer after all.

inb4 "put in Jessica she's the only Dragon Quest character I know because rule 34 when I was looking up Dragon Quest"
Fixed for you. I hope you were trolling, considering your avatar.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Look up enough Final Fantasy fanart you're bound to find crossovers with Dragon Quest.

Not that I would know from experience, of course.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
WEOOOOOO SEAHAWKS!!!!
haha, not even a big football fan, but I needed to add my location after that blowup.

As for Slime being playable, I wouldn't bet on it as hesitant as Sakurai is about third parties. Sonic and Mega Man are in purely by popularity while Snake was in Brawl because his friend begged him. At this point I expect Snake and/or Pac-Man if anyone, but we'll see.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Lucario could probably mega evolve after a certain percent just as an aesthetic change. It would be pretty cool I think.
Yea, that's actually a pretty cool idea. After he reaches say 120% he Mega Evolves for the rest of the stock (Just aesthetic, but with the Aura Mechanic he would actually be much stronger anyways).

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
At this point I'm a bit curious who the top 12 Newcomers are considered to be.
Rosalina, WFT, Megaman, Villager, Pac-Man, Mii, Chrom, Mewtwo, Palutena, another Zelda rep, Takumara (or w/e his name is), Little Mac

Other honorable mentions: Ridley (RIP in peace), Dixie Kong, Krystal.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
At this point I'm a bit curious who the top 12 Newcomers are considered to be.
Well, counting the 4 we already have + Palutena (Which makes 5) these would be the top 7 probably (based solely on popularity, ordered from most popular to least popular in my opinion).

1. Mewtwo (If you count him as a newcomer)
2. Ridley
3. King K. Rool
4. Little Mac
5. Chrom
6. Takamaru
7. Shulk
8. Dixie (If you don't count Mewtwo)

Also special mentions to Mii who is wanted by most of the casuals and Miiverse community.

At least this is what I've noticed.

Edit: Forgot Chrom

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Obviously fake because Sakurai doesn't have enough imagination or drive to do something as fun as Slime in Smash Bros.

Implying the Tetris series symbol wouldn't be a T block
Right, because he didn't give characters like Captain Falcon and ROB movesets from scratch.

Slime won't be in because Sakurai isn't ********, not because he isn't imaginative.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Sakurai would be ******** NOT to tbh, but it's cool being ******s about it on a forum is clearly the solution to everyone ******** for characters

EDIT: Just to play Devil's Advocate, it wouldn't be that hard to make a full moveset if you know the series imo, there's more than enough if you look through the series, but it's not full of bishounen reject Gundam Wing designed protagonists spilling angst over three discs for its 'story' so I can understand why people who don't know would easily doubt.

"How will it hold items?"
Mewtwo didn't
"Mewtwo has psychic powers"
So does Slime. Deal with it.

I gave up all expectations for any and all characters a long time ago and will just see what I'm given, it's the only way to be moderately satisfied

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Right, because he didn't give characters like Captain Falcon and ROB movesets from scratch.

Slime won't be in because Sakurai isn't ********, not because he isn't imaginative.
Um, try making a 16+ moveset from Slime.

C'mon, don't be ignorant, there's literally nothing that you can make to distinguish as a unique character.

I don't think Sakurai would pick Slime, but the guy you quoted is definitely not wrong.

Sakurai would be ******** NOT to tbh, but it's cool being ******s about it on a forum is clearly the solution to everyone *****ing for characters
no thanks, no slime sakurai pls and ty

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
It looks like any leak predicated on lucario changing forms based on his damage percentile is busted. (pic of the day + its commentary)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Because Lucario doesn't seem to incorporate his Mega Evolution in his regular Aura mechanic, based on today's pic, it's safe to write off the IGN one in our minds. It may not be officially disconfirmed, but unless there's some other strange way the Evolution can be in his regular non-Final Smash moveset...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom