• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That leak is fake. I'm not even going to give it the time of day.

As plausible as "mixed clones" might be, it doesn't fit with Sakurai's mentality for this game.

Also, if he's going for hyped characters, Waddle Dee, Monita...just...just not really. Nope.

Also, I love how the leak apparently knows all, except for two "secret" characters. If there's going to be a Xenoblade character, there's only one option. I don't see the point in being stupid about it.

This one's fake, folks.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Ib4 we have leaks with Harry, Mike Anderson, Mr. Stevenson, Donbe and Hikari, DeMille, Pockle, Oni and Muguru-Kun because people visit this site and read this comment, but seriously talking about the Ridley NES looking I will say fake, if we ever get Ridley it will be in his Other M form with some modifications like Samus is in the current Smash.
.n_n.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
That leak is fake. I'm not even going to give it the time of day.

As plausible as "mixed clones" might be, it doesn't fit with Sakurai's mentality for this game.

Also, if he's going for hyped characters, Waddle Dee, Monita...just...just not really. Nope.

Also, I love how the leak apparently knows all, except for two "secret" characters. If there's going to be a Xenoblade character, there's only one option. I don't see the point in being stupid about it.

This one's fake, folks.

And see, my problem when believing this particular leak here is that if those last two characters are so secret, then how would he even know what series they come from?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Yeah, that leak... that's a no from me. Just doesn't sound plausible at all. First of all, 54 characters sounds like too many. I think I'm figuring there will be between 45-50. Just personal opinion though. Past Smash games have never really over-delivered on character count.

As for the remaining characters, it just doesn't make sense. Toad? He's already with Peach. Monita? What? NES Ridley? That's like Bad Box Art MegaMan, and I don't think Sakurai would purposefully make a character look awful just for the sake of it. We've seen what he did with MegaMan. He wants his characters to look good.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
A little bit late on that, Old Man Jones.
Bah. You kids keepin things from ya grandpappy?!

Already discussed it? Back in my day, we used to respect our elders.

Back inside I go...I've got CAAANDDYYY :troll:

(
i'm not actually creepy. Honest!)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Back inside I go...I've got CAAANDDYYY :troll:

(
i'm not actually creepy. Honest!)
...I'm watching you...

But, anyways.
As for the remaining characters, it just doesn't make sense. Toad? He's already with Peach. Monita? What? NES Ridley? That's like Bad Box Art MegaMan, and I don't think Sakurai would purposefully make a character look awful just for the sake of it. We've seen what he did with MegaMan. He wants his characters to look good.
I wouldn't say he's a terrible idea.
But it's like Jumpman. Not terrible, but why?

D

Deleted member

About that most recent leak, the secret xeno character is either Reyn or Riki, as those two are the only ones that make any sense.

Shulk. No, he's stupid.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
But Old Jones, I want a Smartphone not candies :troll:.
.n_n.
You jackwagons and all yur technologies...all you want to do is play with your damn phones!

I still got one of dem briefcase phones. I mainly use it to whack some o them weirdies when they try hustlin me. I still got it

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You jackwagons and all yur technologies...all you want to do is play with your damn phones!

I still got one of dem briefcase phones. I mainly use it to whack some o them weirdies when they try hustlin me. I still got it
Darn kids and yer fancy-schmancy technology! Back in my day when we needed to talk to someone far away, we'd stick our heads out th' window an' yell! And if they couldn't hear us, we'd yell louder, not try to find better service!

Kids these days... So spoiled...

Anyway, we're getting severely off-topic. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Is there still nothing proving Palutena fake?

I myself have leak busting criteria:

1) IMPORTANT: Source Material
- search for images that contain similar features to the leak in question. This will basically prove it fake instantly

2) Disturbances
- are there any blemishes? Blurs? Anything out of the ordinary?

3) Format
- text based leaks are much harder to believe, and much harder to prove real. Images are either easily shown fake, or can be shown fake through research. If an image lasts a long time without any faults, it might be real

There are others, but these are the main three. This is why I think Palutena is legit.

Last edited:

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
middle of the dessert , on a horse with no name
NNID
Monkeymaner

- search for images that contain similar features to the leak in question. This will basically prove it wrong instantly

2) Disturbances

3) Format
- text based leaks are much harder to believe, and much harder to prove real. Images are either easily shown fake, or can be shown fake through research. If an image lasts a long time without any faults, it might be real

There are others, but these are the main three. This is why I think Palutena is legit.
I thought it was real from the get go, And here we are and nobody has proven it wrong so i have come to a sound conclusion in my mind that its real.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

- search for images that contain similar features to the leak in question. This will basically prove it fake instantly

2) Disturbances

3) Format

Nope, still nothing. Which pleases me. Picture leaks have always been easy to debunk, have they not? But this one isn't. Still stands strong and tall after who knows how long at this point.

D

Deleted member

- search for images that contain similar features to the leak in question. This will basically prove it wrong instantly

2) Disturbances

3) Format

Still nothing other than assumptions, and arguments that can't be proven or are faulty. I'm already convinced that it's real, so seeing it be debunked would come as a huge shock.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Still nothing other than assumptions, and arguments that can't be proven or are faulty. I'm already convinced that it's real, so seeing it be debunked would come as a huge shock.
Agreed. If someone came up with solid proof it was fake, I would be extremely shocked.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Good to hear. It's been what...2 months now? That's quite awhile for a leak to thrive.

The only arguments I can remember that haters had to say it was fake was the clipping issues, but clipping has already been seen in different shots, so that got thrown out the window.

There really is nothing I can think of that makes any sort of indication that it's fake.

From recent updates, we know that stage hazards and background element characters are no outlined in black on the 3DS. Have we seen Assist Trophies on the 3DS yet? Once those get confirmed, we'll be able to figure out Palutena a little bit more.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think one thing that would could prove or disprove the leak is another close up of Mario's side.

Noticeably, the Mario in the 'leak' seemingly differs from the Mario from the Developer Direct last year. For example, his hands appear to be smaller and his cap is much more smoother in the 'leaked' images.

But of course, things can change in development, so Mario's model could of been touched up a bit, but if there are still somethings like his hat not being rather smooth in the Palutena images, I think that could be used to call it fake.

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
middle of the dessert , on a horse with no name
NNID
Monkeymaner
Good to hear. It's been what...2 months now? That's quite awhile for a leak to thrive.

The only arguments I can remember that haters had to say it was fake was the clipping issues, but clipping has already been seen in different shots, so that got thrown out the window.

There really is nothing I can think of that makes any sort of indication that it's fake.

From recent updates, we know that stage hazards and background element characters are no outlined in black on the 3DS. Have we seen Assist Trophies on the 3DS yet? Once those get confirmed, we'll be able to figure out Palutena a little bit more.
We have not seen any assist trophies on the 3ds yet be im guessing they will not have outlines to distinguish them from players.

*edit* *sorry mods didn't mean to double post can you please fix it*

I think one thing that would could prove or disprove the leak is another close up of Mario's side.

Noticeably, the Mario in the 'leak' seemingly differs from the Mario from the Developer Direct last year. For example, his hands appear to be smaller and his cap is much more smoother in the 'leaked' images.

But of course, things can change in development, so Mario's model could of been touched up a bit, but if there are still somethings like his hat not being rather smooth in the Palutena images, I think that could be used to call it fake.
We have seen from the early shots and film that Mario got a retexture somewhere down the line

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

There haven't been any Assist Trophies on the 3DS yet. But there's always tomorrow! Or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day...

And yeah, clipping isn't an issue. There's so many examples of it, some of which are permanently engraved on the website.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Mario has been modified. There's no problem there. This was revealed just before the leak occurred, which may or may not matter.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Mario has been modified. There's no problem there. This was revealed just before the leak occurred, which may or may not matter.
48 hours before, to be exact. Make of that what you will.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I understand the idea that the leaker or person who allegedly created the picture could have modded the picture. But it's just...too perfect. The model is unique, the Mario model is consistent with the latest picture, the black lines are perfect, the background is lined up and unique...no imperfections.

Really, we should try arguing the other side. That might help us determine any weaknesses the picture has. But even then, I don't buy the whole "it's fake!" business.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I understand the idea that the leaker or person who allegedly created the picture could have modded the picture. But it's just...too perfect. The model is unique, the Mario model is consistent with the latest picture, the black lines are perfect, the background is lined up and unique...no imperfections.

Really, we should try arguing the other side. That might help us determine any weaknesses the picture has. But even then, I don't buy the whole "it's fake!" business.
C'est magnifique. The only way to describe this leak. With no imperfections, there's nothing to nitpick at.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

I don't know... He sees the Smash Bros invitation and stares it down.
I hadn't thought of that, though I still very much doubt it. I mean even though I have complete faith in sakurai when it comes to coming up with moves, to me it seems villager has taken up most of the ideas he could get for animal crossing attacks. And that invitation was entitled to villager not nook :p
Besides, there has never been a series introduction into smash with more than one rep (excluding fire emblem but they were clones)

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I hadn't thought of that, though I still very much doubt it. I mean even though I have complete faith in sakurai when it comes to creating coming up with move, to me it seems villager has taken up most of the ideas he could get for animal crossing attacks. And that invitation was entitled to villager not nook :p
Besides, there has never been a series introduction into smash with more than one rep (excluding fire emblem but they were clones)
Tom Nook could be a clone too though. And I doubt Sakurai would struggle with a moveset for Animal Crossing. There's a whole thread dedicated to Tom Nook here on Smashboards and they came up with a moveset. He could use bells, furniture, homes... anything really. He's been given a lot less to work with, and come up with some awesome move sets.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Tom Nook could be a clone too though. And I doubt Sakurai would struggle with a moveset for Animal Crossing. There's a whole thread dedicated to Tom Nook here on Smashboards and they came up with a moveset. He could use bells, furniture, homes... anything really. He's been given a lot less to work with, and come up with some awesome move sets.
I'll have to check that thread out sounds interesting, but the less clones the better XD

Marakatu

Smash Ace
"Pic of the day. Peach joins the battle! We've added 10 pictures of her on the website, but keep in mind that the game is still in development. Her moves may be refreshed by the time the games are released."
This is what Sakurai said the day Peach was confirmed. Just because of this, I won't discard leaks just beause they say that Toad is playable.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

2) Disturbances

3) Format

I usually use a wrench to try to stop water from dripping out by tightening the pipe or faucet. But I'm horrible at fixing leaking pipes/faucets as you might be able to tell so I usually let a plumber fix the pipes.

That being that case, I often look at popular opinion as well as other factors such as it's overly incredulous, overly reliant on a back story or "my uncle who works at...", and contains too many/not enough risks. But I'm not really good at saying whether a leak is true or not and so I rely on other more skillful to plumbers to see its truly a leak or if it's just a false alarm.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't know, the Palutena leak seems pretty shady with all of the noticeable missing design components, and I think it's mostly just "It has to be 100% real because not only has nobody been able to prove it isn't a screenshot, but literally not one person on earth would work hard for a convincing trollfest."

Which is apparently evidence. Which is fine I guess because people feel that's all they need and I'm not about to change their minds.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't know, the Palutena leak seems pretty shady with all of the noticeable missing design components, and I think it's mostly just "It has to be 100% real because not only has nobody been able to prove it isn't a screenshot, but literally not one person on earth would work hard for a convincing trollfest."

Which is apparently evidence. Which is fine I guess because people feel that's all they need and I'm not about to change their minds.
What do you mean by design components? I'm not being a smartass, I just legit don't know what you mean.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
As soon as we get a full roster leak that is actually believable I'm getting off of this thread. It's only going to be the beginning and I don't want the whole roster spoiled! (irony)

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
Deep inside we all know the Palutena leak is true. I mean, it's been with us how many? 2 months already? And yet we are unable to debunk it no matter how many times we try. Besides, it makes sense seeing how she is the most likely KI character.

btw, I thought that one screenshot released alongside Little Mac's reveal confirmed it being true

D

Deleted member

Deep inside we all know the Palutena leak is true. I mean, it's been with us how many? 2 months already? And yet we are unable to debunk it no matter how many times we try. Besides, it makes sense seeing how she is the most likely KI character.

btw, I thought that one screenshot released alongside Little Mac's reveal confirmed it being true
Wait, what screenshot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom