• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Here is the pic that shows that one screenshot that's being talked about, and how it compares to the Palutena leak.

D

Deleted member

Here is the pic that shows that one screenshot that's being talked about, and how it compares to the Palutena leak.
Oh yeah, I remember that now. Thanks for showing it.

And it definitely does help the leaks legitimacy.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
And I still call speculation on the bolded. Let's say this guy's information is legit. Where did he get it? He says from someone he knows, right? If this is just from 'someone he knows', I'd say it's very likely that this means Melee cuts. Need I remind you the interview where Sakurai said that he didn't have time to bring everyone back "From Smash"? That was not about just Brawl, that was Smash as a whole, and if Sakurai used the term "Smash" in such a way, then there's no way to prove this guy didn't as well. Just because 'most people' use 'Smash' to refer to the latest game in the franchise, does not mean everyone does.

You can't prove me right, but you can't prove me wrong either.
I already covered this. Cut characters and characters who aren't returning are two different things. So yes Sakurai was probably referring to the series as a whole but it's a moot point. The leaker said 4 characters were cut, not "4 characters from Smash won't be returning".

Shroob

Sup?
I already covered this. Cut characters and characters who aren't returning are two different things. So yes Sakurai was probably referring to the series as a whole but it's a moot point. The leaker said 4 characters were cut, not "4 characters from Smash won't be returning".
And honestly, I just agree to disagree, because for all we know, he could have just chosen his words poorly. Not only that, but I honestly believe the rumor to be fake to begin with, seeing as how RosalinaX has said nothing more about said mention.

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
I love me Hawlucha cause es un lucha libre (y)....but Idk. Pokemon is huge and all but I feel we got it right with the pokemon reps. Just bring back the Twomew and we are fine with pokemon. But flying press pokeball Hawlucha would be fun to see :3

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
And honestly, I just agree to disagree, because for all we know, he could have just chosen his words poorly. Not only that, but I honestly believe the rumor to be fake to begin with, seeing as how RosalinaX has said nothing more about said mention.
There have been leaks before where only small tidbits were given, you don't need a large amount of information for something to be real, just that the information given was right.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
There have been leaks before where only small tidbits were given, you don't need a large amount of information for something to be real, just that the information given was right.
And information like this is information we can discuss until we run out of air, but we cannot prove it to be real or not until the game comes out. I choose to err on the side of caution.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
And information like this is information we can discuss until we run out of air, but we cannot prove it to be real or not until the game comes out. I choose to err on the side of caution.
I'm not saying you shouldn't, in fact every rumor should be treated with some caution, I'm saying that particular reason doesn't really work. Leaks comes in different sizes and not all of them like to spill all the juicy details, this one just giving a piece of it doesn't mean it's anymore fake then the others.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i get the feeling there is going to be a leak with captain rainbow in it now because of the pic of the day

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Come to think of it...

Wasn't there a leak that said Captain Rainbow was in?

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
A lot of Captain Rainbow characters should be in Smash. I'm surprised about the fact that leaks do not tend to feature him. I would say that leaks that feature C. Rainbow from now on are most likely fake. But C. Rainbow has a chance to be in so no one really knows..

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
This is a requested character in Japan, so he may be in the ga-- *cries*
and yes, there was a leak with his inclusion.
can you post the captian rainbow leak id like to see if it holds any validity with what we know

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Yeah, I really hope people aren't seeing today's update and think to themselves "Oh boy, Captain Rainbow is a lock now!". That series...um, game, is 10x way less significant than even Golden Sun, Starfy, and Xenoblade, none of which have received a playable character in Smash.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Yeah, I wouldn't buy any new leaks that suddenly claim Captain Rainbow as a newcomer, but this could lend some credulity to characters in his game who were already appearing in leaks - namely Lip and Takamaru. And I'm personally biased towards any leak that includes Takamaru, so bring on the Takamaru leaks, you filthy leakers! ...Or on second thought, maybe don't, as it will just make it all the more crushing if he doesn't actually make it in... argh, now I'm conflicted D8

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Captain Rainbow seems a little... Farfetched for playable. He only appeared in one game (Japan-only, by the way). I can certainly say he might be playable or an Assist Trophy, but the idea seems a bit off.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Is this the leak with captain rainbow you guys are referencing? Cause it says little mac is not included in smash 4
I am a worker for Nintendo and am helping with the development of the new Super Smash Bros. games for Nintendo Wii U and 3DS. I came to give you guys a few bits of information on some of the characters that we have been working on:

Veterans:
There were no cuts, not even Snake. Roy will not be returning but Mewtwo will be a rep for Pokemon and the Trainer has been changed to coincide with the announcement of the remakes of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Versions, the trainer has a model for both female and male, just like Wii Fit Trainer. The trainer has Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.

Newcomers:
It was really interesting when we first heard the list of newcomers, because a few characters who many expected to be playable did not make the cut. Examples are Little Mac, Ridley, and Dixie Kong.

Aside from the newcomers you have seen, here are the remaining ones:
-Chrom
-Takumaru
-Shulk
-Professor Layton
-King K Rool
-Palutena
-Captain Rainbow
-Wonder Red

Oh, one last thing that I will tell you. The Cave of Origin, from Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby versions is a stage, with Kyogre and Groudon as stage hazards, another reference to the announcement of the remade games.

That's all I have for you now.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
This a really damn interesting leak:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68740447/776842125

The mix-clone part is strange. XD
Someone in Gamefaqs translated a Japanese "leak."

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this, but I'd very easily call this fake for a reason not listed thus far, an that's their rationale as to why they can't get Pokemon Trainer working. API interactive layers? That phrase doesn't really make much sense and I very much can't imagine API translating directly into Japanese anyways. The API is how you interact with a system; it's a reference on how to make calls and communicate. They come in a variety of forms. They claimed to not know English well, in which case I would ask how they knew the term API was a thing to begin with. The phrase API interactive layers feels very fake to me, more so than the already dubious roster choices.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Come to think of it...

Wasn't there a leak that said Captain Rainbow was in?
And here arise the bandwagon leaks. Because they will just like flies to make relevant ones.
I'm going to just say that they will very likely include him as playable in many leaks, or an AT. Just be watchful of these, folks!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well for rumors incredibly captain rainbow just got hinted due to the Potd

(Just like that kirby picture hinted the mario galaxy stage)

Its defiantly more likely for assist trophy if hinted but all of the rumors would be dead if captain rainbow is playable

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Was that leak posted today? Because it says aside from teh newcomers you have seen, which means Mac isn't included. :p
It was posted a while ago, I used the search tool :/ ;oh and it seems that you didnt notice that he said this "It was really interesting when we first heard the list of newcomers, because a few characters who many expected to be playable did not make the cut. Examples are Little Mac, Ridley, and Dixie Kong."

Hoots

Can Be Combative
And here arise the bandwagon leaks. Because they will just like flies to make relevant ones.
I'm going to just say that they will very likely include him as playable in many leaks, or an AT. Just be watchful of these, folks!
Exactly. It baffles me that these people really think that they're going to be taken seriously when all of the leaks borrow from each other and incorporate the same characters. Chrom and Lucina as a duo in one leak? A ton of new leaks suddenly have Chrom and Lucina. Prince Sable in one leak? Suddenly Prince Sable is in a ton of leaks. Same goes for Tom Nook now and others.

When you're building your fake roster just from other fake rosters, it's painfully obvious that you're full of ****. I just don't get it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A trophy from the Captain Rainbow series doesn't prove anyone from Captain Rainbow is confirmed. Both Melee & Brawl had tons of trophies from franchises without a playable representative and I expect Smash Wii U/3DS to do the same.

If the trophy proves anything, we're not getting fat Little Mac as playable.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
A trophy from the Captain Rainbow series doesn't prove anyone from Captain Rainbow is confirmed. Both Melee & Brawl had tons of trophies from franchises without a playable representative and I expect Smash Wii U/3DS to do the same.

If the trophy proves anything, we're not getting fat Little Mac as playable.
Alternate costume!!!

LF2K

Floor Diver
Perhaps Big Mac replaces Little Mac as an AT? It's the same person, after all. I could see Big Mac boxing and sumo wrestling. :laugh:

And how would Waddle Dee be a mix of Kirby and Mac? That doesn't add up.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not so much a rumour but Nintnedo has confirmed they'll be showing at Gamescom in August. I wonder what they'll show, it'll be bigger than their last one.

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Not so much a rumour but Nintnedo has confirmed they'll be showing at Gamescom in August. I wonder what they'll show, it'll be bigger than their last one.
I just expect demos, there was any reveletions on past gamescoms?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Interesting. Well that certainly adds something to the discussion. That definitely looks the same.

All I think we need is clarification of assist trophies. Will they be outlined? If they aren't, then this just might be legitimate. I don't have too much technical knowledge, but I quite honestly do not see anything wrong with the pictures of Palutena.

Members have run filters over the pictures, and there were no disturbances found, the clipping and lines are consistent with what we've seen. Mario is updated like he has been, Palutena is a unique model with no origin otherwise...that lines up pretty consistent with my leak busting criteria. As in, I don't see much of anything to call this fake.

If somebody could explain technical issues with it or whatever has been previously brought up, that would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom