• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Eh, I haven't seen too many people that absolute despise the idea of Palutena in Smash as the same level as certain other characters out there. Seen more 'meh' then actual hatred but this simply from my minimal observation of the matter.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I haven't seen too many people that absolute despise the idea of Palutena in Smash as the same level as certain other characters out there. Seen more 'meh' then actual hatred but this simply from my minimal observation of the matter.
That's pretty much me.
I don't mind her, just don't prefer her.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
That's pretty much me.
I don't mind her, just don't prefer her.
Nothing wrong with that at all and it's an important distinction. Supporters of any character should be careful to not misrepresent someone who isn't interested with a character who is hating on the character. It's a thin line that gets crossed a bit way too often.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
How come she has a hatedom?
How come other characters have hatedom? It's obviously because people are naturally selfish and want their characters in the game and not others to be given a chance...

I feel like Waddle Dee fans might be the worst though just cause of the aggressiveness.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
How come other characters have hatedom? It's obviously because people are naturally selfish and want their characters in the game and not others to be given a chance...
Not really, most characters aren't even in direct competition with each other.

There's a certain character I don't want anywhere near Smash (who happens to be a somewhat popular, yet unlikely choice) and it has nothing to do with me selfishly wanting someone else instead of him. I just don't want him there because I hate the ****** and don't want him anywhere near playable.

In contrast, I don't give a damn about Miis, and I wouldn't be happy to see them, but it wouldn't bother me much.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Uhh, guys...

Just gonna say that we're veering off-topic again about supporters in a thread about leaks.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
The thing people seem to really hold against Palutena is KI having only three games. If it weren't for that, I don't think anyone would mind as much.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
When Lady Palutena joins the battle, Viridi takes over Pit's power of flight.
Viridi: "Leave it to me!"
Then who's gonna go on the Reset Bomb Forest stage? Alfonso?

Alfonso: "Leave it to me! Ehem… *bad Viridi impression* Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off with-*voice cracks*-OUT you!"

*Alfonso goes on a rampage, shooting laser eyes and rolling around in buildings on his back like a puppy*

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

I feel like Waddle Dee fans might be the worst though just cause of the aggressiveness.
Give me your lunch money.

I think one thing that would could prove or disprove the leak is another close up of Mario's side.

Noticeably, the Mario in the 'leak' seemingly differs from the Mario from the Developer Direct last year. For example, his hands appear to be smaller and his cap is much more smoother in the 'leaked' images.

But of course, things can change in development, so Mario's model could of been touched up a bit, but if there are still somethings like his hat not being rather smooth in the Palutena images, I think that could be used to call it fake.
The Palutena leak is real!

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
How come other characters have hatedom? It's obviously because people are naturally selfish and want their characters in the game and not others to be given a chance..
I think this best describes it. People get super upset at the idea that a character they don't like may potentially get in over the character they want the most.

While I want Pac-Man in the game the most, I don't get mad about any other character potentially getting in. What DOES get me riled up though is people who automatically go "that leak is fake because (insert favorite character here) isn't in the roster." *coughridleycough* :troll:

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
The thing people seem to really hold against Palutena is KI having only three games. If it weren't for that, I don't think anyone would mind as much.
But Mother has only had 3 games, and the protagonist is different every time...

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Guys we are going off topic again, can we talk about a leak? One question what did happen to the leaker that was posting here and told us that Diddy will not be revealed in the Nintendo Direct of february and leak something else that I don't remember?
.n_n.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
But Mother has only had 3 games, and the protagonist is different every time...
It's arguable that the bolded part is what justifies Lucas more so than Palutena. Ness is the protag of Earthbound, Lucas is the protag of Mother 3, while admittedly, Pit is the protag of all three KI games. Lucas is sort of needed as far as representation goes to show off there's more to the Mother series than just Earthbound, which would be the only Mother game being represented on the roster had it not been for Lucas.

I always felt Star Fox was a better comparison in a way, for as much as I like Wolf and Falco and don't expect them to go, the series probably shouldn't have three characters if KI can't have two, because technically speaking, SF only barely manages to be bigger than KI, with only five games compared to KI's three. In comparison, the only other series with three characters on the Brawl roster is Kirby, which has 20+ games.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As for monita her unique is probably what would make her playable in smash bros if this rumor is true. Her move set would most likely take one mechanic from each mini game as her move set especially since she was in most of them. Her final smash obviously would be the park pops up and opens and miis stampede the stage to get in it. So I would welcome her with open arms if this rumor were true.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
My Gamefaqs account name is BluePikmin11. :p
And I didn't make that leak at all.

:pichumelee: is basically :pikachu2: with the ability to kill himself.
Dang it...:pichumelee: Darn, darn, darn, darny-darn it...You're a liar! You not a smash Special :pichumelee:Look, um... I watch a lot of cop shows on TV... isn't there supposed to be a-... Isn't there supposed to be a good cop? :falco:Oh yes, but we're not done yet. Hi, buddy! Would you like to be in Smash 4 :pichumelee: Yeah. :falco:Too bad.

(quotes by WB)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dang it...:pichumelee: Darn, darn, darn, darny-darn it...You're a liar! You not a smash Special :pichumelee:Look, um... I watch a lot of cop shows on TV... isn't there supposed to be a-... Isn't there supposed to be a good cop? :falco:Oh yes, but we're not done yet. Hi, buddy! Would you like to be in Smash 4 :pichumelee: Yeah. :falco:Too bad.

(quotes by WB)
I see what you did there, well played.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Nintendo land really don't need a rep, the game felt so incomplete to me and glad it was free with my launch wii u and did not have to pay 60 for it

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Let's go continue talking about the Monita/54 leak.

I think it was deconfirmed due to the baseball bat's shading I think.
Yep, it has. It's just a fan work.

The art style clashes a little bit with the rest of the official art works, even though it has a lot of similarities.

Ah, OK then.

Ness is probably going to join anyway so it isn't a major lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom