• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
A trophy from the Captain Rainbow series doesn't prove anyone from Captain Rainbow is confirmed. Both Melee & Brawl had tons of trophies from franchises without a playable representative and I expect Smash Wii U/3DS to do the same.

If the trophy proves anything, we're not getting fat Little Mac as playable.
IIRC, the only series in Brawl to get more than just the protagonists as a trophy was Animal Crossing. And we all know its status in SSB4.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Guys...

Trust me I'm super secretly Sakurai and...

This is real leak.

The rest of the newcomers are...

Ridley
K. Rool
Captain Rainbow
Takamaru
Lip
Devil
Tracy

Enjoy!

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Guys...

Trust me I'm super secretly Sakurai and...

This is real leak.

The rest of the newcomers are...

Ridley
K. Rool
Captain Rainbow
Takamaru
Lip
Devil
Tracy

Enjoy!
The real Sakurai wouldn't have a sig of characters who have no chance of getting in. :rolleyes: Cough Pacman and Eggman and Tails cough!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The real Sakurai wouldn't have a sig of characters who have no chance of getting in. :rolleyes: Cough Pacman and Eggman and Tails cough!
Cough don't be a **** Cough.

I shall remember this post when Pac Man's reveal trailer is released. :troll:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Interesting. Well that certainly adds something to the discussion. That definitely looks the same.

All I think we need is clarification of assist trophies. Will they be outlined? If they aren't, then this just might be legitimate. I don't have too much technical knowledge, but I quite honestly do not see anything wrong with the pictures of Palutena.

Members have run filters over the pictures, and there were no disturbances found, the clipping and lines are consistent with what we've seen. Mario is updated like he has been, Palutena is a unique model with no origin otherwise...that lines up pretty consistent with my leak busting criteria. As in, I don't see much of anything to call this fake.

If somebody could explain technical issues with it or whatever has been previously brought up, that would be appreciated.
I think the grannies from last week might answer the outline question. While they aren't ATs they are still stage hazards, which have a similar function to ATs. The fact that they don't have outlines might mean the same for ATs.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think the grannies from last week might answer the outline question. While they aren't ATs they are still stage hazards, which have a similar function to ATs. The fact that they don't have outlines might mean the same for ATs.
I already think that AT's won't have the outline because those have already been stated to have been only for the fighters I'm pretty sure, or at least it was insinuated that that was the case.

If stage hazards don't have the outline, why would AT's?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I already think that AT's won't have the outline because those have already been stated to have been only for the fighters I'm pretty sure, or at least it was insinuated that that was the case.

If stage hazards don't have the outline, why would AT's?
Simple answer to your question, Old Man Jones. They wouldn't. If outlines are there to distinguish characters from the background, why would things that aren't characters have them? Don't say that ATs should have outlines, because they can hurt you. Stage hazards can hurt you too, but they don't have outlines.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Simple answer to your question, Old Man Jones. They wouldn't. If outlines are there to distinguish characters from the background, why would things that aren't characters have them? Don't say that ATs should have outlines, because they can hurt you. Stage hazards can hurt you too, but they don't have outlines.
Here's how I see it.

In the game, your focus isn't on the stage hazards, or assists. It's the character.
The outlines are there to help distinguish the character from everything else. Or, "To make them easier to see."
It would get a little cumbersome on the eyes having multiple entities using outlines at the same time.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Exactly. Alfonzo and the grannies are in the same level of playables in where they appear on the stages. They aren't suddenly different from Assist Trophies. I feel like people who argue that are simply in denial.

Staarih

Smash Master
About the outlines: aren't you able to adjust the thickness of the outlines yourself? I think Sakurai mentioned it at some point. In that case giving outlines to AT's or anything else than the fighters would be very weird, especially if you choose to use the thickest outlines for the fighters, and suddenly an AT pops up with those outlines too, it just feels like it would mess things up on the small screen. Not to forget how the AT's would always have to adjust to the outlines you've set on. I don't think AT's or stage hazards or anything other than the fighters themselves have outlines on the 3DS version.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Yes, there's that too. Which is probably more likely. Lady Palutena has just as many haters as she does followers.
When Lady Palutena joins the battle, Viridi takes over Pit's power of flight.
Viridi: "Leave it to me!"

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
About the outlines: aren't you able to adjust the thickness of the outlines yourself? I think Sakurai mentioned it at some point. In that case giving outlines to AT's or anything else than the fighters would be very weird, especially if you choose to use the thickest outlines for the fighters, and suddenly an AT pops up with those outlines too, it just feels like it would mess things up on the small screen. Not to forget how the AT's would always have to adjust to the outlines you've set on. I don't think AT's or stage hazards or anything other than the fighters themselves have outlines on the 3DS version.
Maybe you can set the outline for individual characters? Like, for example, set Pikachu to maximum and Mario to a minimum? The maximum line thickness could be different For each character as well. Point is, the only thing we know about it is characters have it to Stand out, and you can set the thickness.

I don't really know about the Palutena leak, but for me all signs point to true at this point, and changing my mind only requires one feature.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If Palutena is confirmed, who would control Pit's wings? Palutena, granting Pit the ability for him to return to the stage and kick her?
Yeah, Viridi. Makes sense not.
Viridi gave Pit the Power of Flight when Palutena was evil. The same situation could easily happen here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But virdi is also a stage hazard. Also that captain rainbow rumor is not the one you are looking for!(wait wrong movie) A user admitted to making that and even told us when they would post it. There was one other rumor with him though I am pretty sure.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
But virdi is also a stage hazard.
Exactly why she could be the one giving Pit the power of flight. She has no role in the game besides appearing in the background. She's not even the stage hazard. Her Reset Bombs are.

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
I didn't play the game and don't know much about the story, but thanks for telling me.
I think Viridi would work, then. EXCEPT in the following case: Palutena and Pit fighting on the 3DS Kid Icarus stage.
Viridi was throwing Reset Bombs, so she wouldn't want to help Pit to do not die. It's strange to think the opposite.
ORRR I'm just missing another thing about the story.

Maybe while Viridi is controlling Pit's flight, Alfonzo takes charge on throwing the Bombs. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!".

I really want to read that Captain Rainbow rumor again. :(

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If Palutena is confirmed, who would control Pit's wings? Palutena, granting Pit the ability for him to return to the stage and kick her?
Yeah, Viridi. Makes sense not.
"If Toon Link drives the train then who drives it when you play as Toon Link?" Basically this is the same argument you're using. We all know that Alfonzo is going to be the one to give Pit the power of flight... You're argument does not invalidate the Palutena leak. It's going to take a lot more than logic and reasoning to keep a character from being playable in Smash Bros. Kirby, Dedede, Metaknight, and Olimar are under a foot tall. Samus is 6 feet tall. They are all playable despite logically not making any sense by their height.
:happysheep: :smash:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I didn't play the game and don't know much about the story, but thanks for telling me.
I think Viridi would work, then. EXCEPT in the following case: Palutena and Pit fighting on the 3DS Kid Icarus stage.
Viridi was throwing Reset Bombs, so she wouldn't want to help Pit to do not die. It's strange to think the opposite.
ORRR I'm just missing another thing about the story.
Nah, you're right. When both Pit and Lady Palutena are fighting on the 3DS KI stage, it wouldn't make sense for Viridi to give Pit the power of flight. After all, at the point in the story that stage takes place, Viridi wasn't too big a fan of Pit. *shrugs* I dunno, though. Smash never stays close to canon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Exactly why she could be the one giving Pit the power of flight. She has no role in the game besides appearing in the background. She's not even the stage hazard. Her Reset Bombs are.
True although she seems to wreck the background. Although your idea could see work, plus it does make sense, I have played the story for it, and it was probably one of my favorite game stories of all time.

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
Smash Bros. doesn't make any sense, we know.
That's why I found odd that Sakurai inserted Alfonzo when Toon Link is on the spirit train.
It's not the Sakurai we all know.
Olimar and Pikmin ate a lot of Super Mushrooms to fight on Smash. Same for Kirby. That's all I can think about.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
True although she seems to wreck the background. Although your idea could see work, plus it does make sense, I have played the story for it, and it was probably one of my favorite game stories of all time.
Hm? When was she shown wrecking the background? As far as I know, the wreckage in the background of the KI 3DS stage (and by extension, the chapter in Uprising that stage is based on) is because the humans are at war with each other.
Smash Bros. doesn't make any sense, we know.
That's why I found odd that Sakurai inserted Alfonzo when Toon Link is on the spirit train.
It's not the Sakurai we all know.
Olimar and Pikmin ate a lot of Super Mushrooms to fight on Smash. Same for Kirby. That's all I can think about.
Well, you know, it is Sakurai we're talking about here. You can't exactly predict him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hm? When was she shown wrecking the background? As far as I know, the wreckage in the background of the KI 3DS stage (and by extension, the chapter in Uprising that stage is based on) is because the humans are at war with each other.

Well, you know, it is Sakurai we're talking about here. You can't exactly predict him.
It's the picture in my avatar. She seems to be attacking the battlefield. She may be trying to fight the humans her self, it's hard to tell though as we haven't seen her in anything other then my picture and sakurai's caption had nothing to do with her.

Edit I just changed my avatar, I loved this picture so much and needed to make this my avatar right away, hope you saw what I meant beforehand though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, that leak... that's a no from me. Just doesn't sound plausible at all. First of all, 54 characters sounds like too many. I think I'm figuring there will be between 45-50. Just personal opinion though. Past Smash games have never really over-delivered on character count.

As for the remaining characters, it just doesn't make sense. Toad? He's already with Peach. Monita? What? NES Ridley? That's like Bad Box Art MegaMan, and I don't think Sakurai would purposefully make a character look awful just for the sake of it. We've seen what he did with MegaMan. He wants his characters to look good.
HOW DARE YOU CALL NES RIDLEY AWFUL LOOKING!

Though I do think the leak is fake for Monita and saying NES Ridley.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

Though I do think the leak is fake for Monita and saying NES Ridley.
I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING. I DIDN'T KNOW RIDLEY COULD BE CUTE HOLY KEERAP.

And another bit of proof to this is Rosalina. She has an outline on the 3DS, but Luma doesn't. He's basically a character, but he's not the character you're controlling, so to speak. Even as important as he is to Rosalina, he doesn't get an outline, so I highly doubt ATs will as well.

D

Deleted member

Good to be back to my old GAF avatar.

So I guess the only worthwhile leak is that one with Monita :/

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I've been wrong this whole time!
NESRIDLEYFORSSB4!!

Monita would be fun as hell to play as, I think that was the most interesting part of the leak for me. :p
I think the question is more why?

I know Sakurai loves his oddball choices but, this feels like crossing the line.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well you can easily make her moveset based on amusement parks, like maybe a roller coaster recovery, a carousel shield, a possible viking ship, or maybe even a water slide, it's not that hard to make a moveset. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think we're better off simply getting a Nintendo Land stage with Monita either a stage hazard or background character than having Monita playable.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Or better yet, having no references to that game whatsoever. :p

I mean, Nintendo Land is already a tribute to Nintendo, so Smash referencing it would be like an Inception-style Nintendo reference.

I mean, I understand that Sakurai will more than likely surprise us with the odd/obscure character, but Monita? Tin Star?

The fake leakers are just getting desperate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom