• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
We already had got the memo. Please refrain from the one liners, they clutter the page.

I am starting to think this E. Gaad link is real.
You're getting really irritating. Stop harassing the staff.

As far as the leak the BluePikmin11 posted, I would be completely okay with that roster, but it seems REALLY unlikely. As far as Toad being a "mix clone" of Mario and Pichu, of all characters, I'm assuming they mean Pichu's standard attacks. I recall him using a lot of headbutts and stuff, so this would make sense. I haven't played Melee in years, so I don't really remember how Pichu played.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, yeah, I bet your rumor is so great.
My Gamefaqs account name is BluePikmin11. :p
And I didn't make that leak at all.

As far as the leak the BluePikmin11 posted, I would be completely okay with that roster, but it seems REALLY unlikely. As far as Toad being a "mix clone" of Mario and Pichu, of all characters, I'm assuming they mean Pichu's standard attacks. I recall him using a lot of headbutts and stuff, so this would make sense. I haven't played Melee in years, so I don't really remember how Pichu played.
Pichu is basically Pikachu with the ability to hurt himself.

Last edited:

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499

Pichu was a clone of Pikachu.

Edit: DARN YOU BLUE

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't know if this one has been posted here, but a Smash 4 blog I follow on tumblr posts leaks they see every Sunday for people to discuss (as in, the blog doesn't make the leaks, merely reposts them).

First post. Seems legit.

Under another username. Managed to get some info from a recent build. Saw some of it firsthand, not all of it. All comes from promotional videos made for the game; also saw a little bit of the opening movie. This was all for the Wii U version.

**Professor Layton and Your Mii are definitely 100% characters. Saw clips of trailers for both.

**Saw footage of Louie from Pikmin. Looked playable. Uses Rock and Flying Pikmin.

**Palutena, Dixie Kong, and Cranky Kong were part of the opening movie. Don’t know what that means; could be like Ridley and Wolf in the Melee opening.

**Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Wario return. Saw in opening movie. Thought I saw Falco too, but it might have been Sonic.

**Pokemon Trainer is Female now. No word on a Male Trainer. Didn’t see firsthand.

**There’s a stage based off of Kirby Epic Yarn (saw this one) and a stage based off of Egg Island from Yoshi’s New Island for 3DS (didn’t see this one.)

**The Hammer is back and re-designed. Saw this.

Asked if I could get pictures and was denied. Everything else I saw was stuff already confirmed. Don’t know anything else besides these.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, just figured that out. Apologies. I suppose the leaks shown on that blog are late, so I won't post them.

Lecruix

Smash Rookie

You are allowing yourself to be irritated. the staff is no more important than you or I, don't put them on a pedastal.

As for the NES Ridley leak, complete bogus. Sakurai wouldn't make Mario's rep count 7 and Other M Ridley is the optimal choice for Ridley representation.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You are allowing yourself to be irritated. the staff is no more important than you or I, don't put them on a pedastal.

As for the NES Ridley leak, complete bogus. Sakurai wouldn't make Mario's rep count 7 and Other M Ridley is the optimal choice for Ridley representation.
I think people who uphold the law of this forum and keep it from devolving into nothing more than a glorified Miiverse are more important than normal members. That's like saying the president of the US isn't any more important than a freshman in high school.

Anyway, as for the leak you mentioned, I dunno. The NES Ridley is complete bull****, I will give you that, but Mario is a really popular franchise, so I wouldn't count it out because of that.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't aware that gave you the permission to act like an asshat towards them, or anyone for that matter.

And I sincerely doubt this new leak. Why use the NES Ridley design over the more recognizable or recent ones?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lecruix

Smash Rookie
I think people who uphold the law of this forum and keep it from devolving into nothing more than a glorified Miiverse are more important than normal members. That's like saying the president of the US isn't any more important than a freshman in high school.

Anyway, as for the leak you mentioned, I dunno. The NES Ridley is complete bull****, I will give you that, but Mario is a really popular franchise, so I wouldn't count it out because of that.
This page is a Miiverse incarnate despite the mod's policing. Also, Mario is Nintendo's flagship franchise but I can't see them getting a whopping 7 reps, not yet at least. I also don't see why Waddle Dee would be a rep, King Dedede's side be is a Waddle Dee throw. Bandanna Dee maybe, Waddle Dee no.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hawlucha, Waddle Dee, Prince Sable, Toad and Paper Mario are all commonly requested characters by people on Smashboards and GameFAQ. I can't see all five of them getting in SSB4. Don't hate on me, but I've played every game in the Kirby series and cannot for the life of me understand why Bandana Dee is so popular. Hawlucha isn't a mascot Pokemon like Lucario was, who got his own movie. Toad is basically disconfirmed.

Paper Mario would be awesome though.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ignoring NES Ridley for a sec.

We have yet another leak with Hawlucha and Monita.
Do they just have some large fanbase or something?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That new rumor is amazing, so much want like toad, monita, layton, waddle dee, etc . Also PM could easily be a separate franchise in smash. I hope this is real, it's so unique and screams something sakurai would do.

D

Deleted member

Ignoring NES Ridley for a sec.

We have yet another leak with Hawlucha and Monita.
Do they just have some large fanbase or something?
Hawlucha from what I've seen is one of the more popular Pokemon from Gen VI. No idea about Monita though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know this is TECHNICALLY not the right thread to mention this, but seeing as it's been brought up now, and because I just want to put a quick word in:

Toad is not going to be a playable character. And I honestly don't get why so many people want him. He's a generic NPC, not a singular character. Yes, we've had playable Toads, but we've also had playable Shy Guys. And while Toad was playable in 3D World and the NSMB games, it's clearly just a case of "we needed a 4th character with a similar size and hitbox to Mario and Luigi" (Rayman's recent games do the EXACT same thing with Teensies). Heck, in 3D World's case, Toad's inclusion was completely unnecessary, since they could have made Rosalina playable from the get go if they wanted to. They announced her before the game was out, so making her unlockable was pretty redundant, as the surprise was ruined (even if you didn't watch the clip in the Direct, news websites and forums and what not did nothing to hide the fact she was in the game). The only thing justifying her unlockable status is the fact that she is objectively the best character in the game, even despite her slow speed.

I don't hate Toad or anything (in fact, SuperMariosChannel on Youtube has given me a hilarious headcanon for Blue Toad with their videos), but Toad's recognisable status has nothing to do with his actual character (he has none, especially since it's a SPECIES more than a character). We only know who Toad is because there are tons of them walking around in the Mario games. We can recognise Rosalina because she actually DID stuff (and because, for once, we had a character in the Mario platformers with backstory and who's personality wasn't just one dimensional "happy go lucky"). Toad, however, hasn't really DONE anything significant.

There's also the fact that it's been confirmed that Peach still pulls Toad out of...SOMEWHERE as her side B.

However, I'd love to see Captain Toad as an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hawlucha from what I've seen is one of the more popular Pokemon from Gen VI. No idea about Monita though.
I guess.
It's just weird seeing them appear in leaks all of the sudden.

Though, I really hate the fact that they say Pokemon Trainer is cut.
He shouldn't be that hard to implement.
And before one says "Multiple characters." Mind you, not only have we seen Rosalina, it's simply a file change.
They swap one character out for another, there's no excuse.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Monita is sometimes requested but she would be a unique character moveset wise, she would be eve to go with walle(R.O.B.)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hawlucha, Waddle Dee, Prince Sable, Toad and Paper Mario are all commonly requested characters by people on Smashboards and GameFAQ. I can't see all five of them getting in SSB4. Don't hate on me, but I've played every game in the Kirby series and cannot for the life of me understand why Bandana Dee is so popular.
Because he adds something new to the game, he is now a very important character for the Kirby franchise and is cute, everybody loves cute things.
And also, this would be awesome in Smash:

And about the leak...I think it's fake XD

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I think one of the reasons we're seeing Hawlucha pop up more often now is because that first guy brought him up within his info that he got from his friend that wasn't supposed to get that info, claiming that Hawlucha was kinda sorta picked to go along with some upcoming Pokemon fighting game that him and his friend knew nothing about (Pokken Fighters?), then the Tin Star leak happened which happened to contain that same Cafe 3DS stage that first guy brought up, and with those two cropping up, now all kinds of leaks mention Hawlucha... like that BKupa mod fella said, I think there may be people merely reading up Smashboards to get ideas then posting them around the net.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm pretty sure Bandanna Dee's high request rate is ironic, because, you know, he's "THE HARDEST BOSS IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY" and all.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think one of the reasons we're seeing Hawlucha pop up more often now is because that first guy brought him up within his info that he got from his friend that wasn't supposed to get that info, claiming that Hawlucha was kinda sorta picked to go along with some upcoming Pokemon fighting game that him and his friend knew nothing about (Pokken Fighters?), then the Tin Star leak happened which happened to contain that same Cafe 3DS stage that first guy brought up, and with those two cropping up, now all kinds of leaks mention Hawlucha... like that BKupa mod fella said, I think there may be people merely reading up Smashboards to get ideas then posting them around the net.
Or, some of them may be by the same user...

Though, it would explain many of the fan favorites appearing in leaks...

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hawlucha maybe become the new Lucario Sakurai chooses. Hawlucha isn't that farfetched.
Except Gamefreak have to choose too. Lucario was popular before he was put in Brawl - Brawl didn't make him popular. He has his own movie by this stage.

I agree though, Hawlucha is an awesome Pokemon that would fit well in this game. He just seems too random. Lucario was a recognisable Pokemon to non-Pokemon fans.

Last edited:

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
Because he adds something new to the game, he is now a very important character for the Kirby franchise and is cute, everybody loves cute things.
And also, this would be awesome in Smash:

And about the leak...I think it's fake XD
I don't think being playable once and having a few other small roles really makes him very important.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hawlucha maybe become the new Lucario Sakurai chooses. Hawlucha isn't that farfetched.
I see what you did there. Anyway this new leak is being dubbed the helix leak by me as lord helix is the only one who could have delivered this amazeness!

Dairz

Smash Ace
He's a generic NPC, not a singular character.
Non-singular characters aren't allowed? Aw man, looks like Yoshi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff and R.O.B. aren't gonna make the cut.

There's also the fact that it's been confirmed that Peach still pulls Toad out of...SOMEWHERE as her side B.
Couldn't Toad be a "disguise" similar to the Punch-Out arena? I know its extremely unlikely, but its not impossible. Frankly, I don't think Toad's making the cut, I just had a problem with those reasons you gave.

On topic: If Pokemon was to get a 5th rep, I'm pretty sure it would be Mewtwo and not Hawlucha.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Except Gamefreak have to choose too. Lucario was popular before he was put in Brawl - Brawl didn't make him popular. He has his own movie by this stage.
And maybe that's what we need to look at.
In the past three games, all the Pokemon reps have been major icons one way or another (even Jiggs).
Is Hawlucha even big enough for Gamefreak to consider?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I know this is TECHNICALLY not the right thread to mention this
No, not technically. This isn't the thread for that period.

If you believe there is a strong reason a character makes a leak less credible, that's fine. But this is not the thread to go into detail on why you personally don't think the character will or should not be playable. There is bound to be people who agree and disagree with you, but in the end, that doesn't make your reasoning any more/less likely to align with Sakurai's (or anyone making the game). As has been stated numerous times:

TAKE ALL CHARACTER DISCUSSION TO THE APPROPRIATE FORUM.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
In the past three games, all the Pokemon reps have been major icons one way or another (even Jiggs).
That's why I generally don't buy leaks that have him in it. If memory serves, Sakurai was finalizing the roster in 2012, which was before X/Y came out. Unlike Lucario or Mewtwo, Hawlucha was not promoted over other Pokemon in the slightest, only gaining popularity amongst fans after X/Y had come out. Arbitrarily adding him to Smash Bros. makes no sense.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

If he really is a big part of this Pokemon fighting game that's supposedly in the works (Pokken Fighters I'm guessing) like the first leak mentioned, then yeah... that'd be the reason for Gamefreak to consider Hawlucha right there.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's why I generally don't buy leaks that have him in it. If memory serves, Sakurai was finalizing the roster in 2012, which was before X/Y came out. Unlike Lucario or Mewtwo, Hawlucha was not promoted over other Pokemon in the slightest, only gaining popularity amongst fans after X/Y had come out. Arbitrarily adding him to Smash Bros. makes no sense.
One, Where was that?

And two, even if the roster was already picked, that doesn't mean anything.
There's still challenges like time constraints or budgets. Or characters being dropped last minute like Sonic.

If he really is a big part of this Pokemon fighting game that's supposedly in the works (Pokken Fighters I'm guessing) like the first leak mentioned, then yeah... that'd be the reason for Gamefreak to consider Hawlucha right there.
Though, this is implying he actually has a role.
We'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom