• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Pikmin in my opinion doesn't need two representatives. All you really gottta do is update Olimars Pikmin List to include rock and flying, and then maybe give him some alt costumes/colors to represent the other captains.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sounds full of it to be honest, he says he saw footage but can't give accurate details to what he saw, just allude to them (and some of which he's not sure of, like Falco and Sonic). If he really saw it, he has nothing more to lose in being more descriptive as he's already going to have Nintendo on him for leaking this.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't understand leaks with Louie.
It doesn't make sense to me
1. Why would it be Louie and not Alph, Brittany or Charlie?
2. Why have another Pikmin character if their just going to be a carbon copy of Oli?
3. If Sakurai wanted to add another Pikmin character, I think he would try to give them a unique moveset, so giving them rock and flying pikmin makes sense...but is that all they would use? Oli uses red, blue, yellow, white and purple Pikmin as it is. Why share the same move set with the same Pikmin as someone else? Especially nowadays, when everyone whines and hates on clones, and Sakurai knows it.

I just can't wrap my head around there being another Pikmin character.
A Pikmin character wouldn't be a copy of Olimar if he/she has access to Pikmin types that Olimar doesn't... giving the second Pikmin character a different playstyle. Olimar would have the purple and white Pikmin while Louie would have the flying and rock Pikmin.

If Sakurai knew that everyone whines and hates on clones, why the hell did he keep Toon Link a clone still?

Louie was also in Pikmin 3... and he is playable too... so he has relevancy and recency too. Also, why should Alph get in but not Brittany or Charlie? Why should Brittany get in but not Alph and Charlie? Why should Charlie get in but not Alph and Brittany? They are all equally important. I feel it is probably for the best to keep things simply by adding Louie, the second playable character in the Pikmin series, to get in as the second Pikmin character.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
A Pikmin character wouldn't be a copy of Olimar if he/she has access to Pikmin types that Olimar doesn't... giving the second Pikmin character a different playstyle. Olimar would have the purple and white Pikmin while Louie would have the flying and rock Pikmin.

If Sakurai knew that everyone whines and hates on clones, why the hell did he keep Toon Link a clone still?

Louie was also in Pikmin 3... and he is playable too... so he has relevancy and recency too. Also, why should Alph get in but not Brittany or Charlie? Why should Brittany get in but not Alph and Charlie? Why should Charlie get in but not Alph and Brittany? They are all equally important. I feel it is probably for the best to keep things simply by adding Louie, the second playable character in the Pikmin series, to get in as the second Pikmin character.
Alph should get in because he better represents the Pikmin series better, and was the main marketing icon for the game, not Louie. :p
I used to support Louie, but when I finally played Pikmin 3, it was pretty clear that Alph deserves to be in, despite Louie's importance and recurrance. Just saying. I still think that the leak is fake still.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
This is an Internet forum and you mods treat it like we're in middle school, chill out.
??
you joined agreeing to the rules this site has and if you don't follow them you get imaginary internet points to keep you from acting dumb again. you are misunderstanding a lot if you think mods are out to get people, they just keep the site from devolving into stupidness and like maintaining a certain degree of good discussion. this thread is for rumors/leaks and I totally understand getting off topic but posting things that can't be understood to be in the realm of rumors or leaks is not what this thread is for. If you don't agree with that I really don't know what to tell you.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ugh... leaks about Sheriff and Tin Star... a pixelated cowboy and a robot cowboy... I would rather they include Dillon over them since he is international and is a lot more interesting than them.

Also, not enough leaks about Duck Hunt Dog... :glare:

slambros

Smash Ace
I notices people were talking about Pikmin and wanted to say that if it gets a new rep, the new rep should use rock & flying pikmin as well as the red, blue, and yellow ones. Olimar will more than likely be kept the same.

I'm on team Louie.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Well the poster said that there will be four cuts of Smash, it can mean Toon Link, Roy, Dr. Mario and Pichu if he or she is telling Smash as a whole.
.n_n.
Toon Link has already been revealed though.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
There are just some series, that, regardless of their popularity/size/sales/whatever, are just better off with one single character when it comes to Smash.

Needless to say, Pikmin is one of those series.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
So here's the Tin Star rumor:

-Newcomers-
+Tin Star
+Takamaru
+Chrom
+Ridley
+Tom Nook
+Ghirahim
+Prince Sable
+Palutena
+Pac-Man

-Stages-
+Cafe stage from Pokemon (3DS only)
+Gangplank Galleon
+Moving carriage stage from Tin Star
+Super Mario 3D World stage with Plessie as a stage hazard.

It's actually a pretty solid roster surprisingly... Other than the validity of Tin Star.

EDIT: He also said the next newcomer to be revealed is Chrom if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1zz1j1/spoilers_saw_some_footage/

Louie, Layton, Cranky Kong, Female Trainer all sound like Sakurai curveballs to me. Still....
Is it REALLY that important that every part of his "leak" needs to include that he saw it over and over? And why would the hammer be redesigned if it's based off the arcade Donkey Kong (Home Run Bat, Ray Gun, Bumper, and Capsule all originated from nothing)? I also don't reason to change the Pokémon Trainer's gender for no real reason. Like others said, why Louie if Nintendo would more likely promote a Pikmin 3 character? I also wonder if he actually knows that Professor Layton is a 3rd-party character?

Painfully fake.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
If a wild west character were to get in Smash it would probably be Dillon and even he is a bit unlikely
Id agree to that.

Well the poster said that there will be four cuts of Smash, it can mean Toon Link, Roy, Dr. Mario and Pichu if he or she is telling Smash as a whole.
.n_n.
nah. This doesn't make sense. Characters who are cut can only be cut if they appeared in the last iteration. Characters who don't return and characters who are cut are not the same thing. Characters who don't return could refer to characters like Dr. Mario or even Snake. But cut characters can only refer to those from Brawl. It's important to pay attention to the word "cut" more so than the word "Smash". Yes colloquially we use Smash to mean the entire series. But often we say Smash as a pronoun, referring to whatever Smash Brothers game is at the center of discussion. It's just easier and it's slang. In this case it's Smash 4. (e.g. "I am so hyped for Smash [brothers 4]!" or "I've been playing Smash [brothers 4] all week. Waiting in line for 3 hours was worth it!")

So knowing that Smash could mean both the series or a specific game we have to look elsewhere within the post to make our conclusion. As I said before the use of the word cut implies that these are characters who were not in Smash Bros Melee. It wouldn't make sense to say Pichu is cut when referring to Smash Bros 4. He's already cut. He was cut after melee. He can't be cut again.

More than likely he wasn't referring to characters from melee, but characters from brawl.

edit: whoa had to edit a bunch of junk. Don't eat pizza while posting.

Alph should get in because he better represents the Pikmin series better, and was the main marketing icon for the game, not Louie. :p
I used to support Louie, but when I finally played Pikmin 3, it was pretty clear that Alph deserves to be in, despite Louie's importance and recurrance. Just saying. I still think that the leak is fake still.
Maybe, but you know Olimar=Mario and Louie=Luigi right?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Maybe, but you know Olimar=Mario and Louie=Luigi right?
Pikmin 3 made me forgot about that relation, I still want Alph more. :p

-Newcomers-
+Tin Star
+Takamaru
+Chrom
+Ridley
+Tom Nook
+Ghirahim
+Prince Sable
+Palutena
+Pac-Man

-Stages-
+Gangplank Galleon

It's actually a pretty solid roster surprisingly... Other than the validity of Tin Star.

EDIT: He also said the next newcomer to be revealed is Chrom if I remember correctly.
We'll see then, but the reveal won't help the Tin Star rumor enough.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Pikmin 3 made me forgot about that relation, I still want Alph more. :p
I'd like to see Alph more than Louie but I could see Sakurai putting the latter in. If it were up to me the pikmin 3 characters would be alt costumes.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

-Newcomers-
+Tin Star
+Takamaru
+Chrom
+Ridley
+Tom Nook
+Ghirahim
+Prince Sable
+Palutena
+Pac-Man

-Stages-
+Gangplank Galleon

Ignoring tin star the fact that Ridley and Tom nook are on this list makes it look pretty fake to me. I very much doubt animal crossing will be getting 2 reps and as much as I know people are really hoping for Ridley the post Sakurai made of the other m stage gives me a strong feeling he is a Stage Hazard/Boss

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Ignoring tin star the fact that Ridley and Tom nook are on this list makes it look pretty fake to me. I very much doubt animal crossing will be getting 2 reps and as much as I know people are really hoping for Ridley the post Sakurai made of the other m stage gives me a strong feeling he is a Stage Hazard/Boss
I don't want to seem too delusional but:

Palutena is a statue and as far as we know part of Pit's Final Smash
Link is a conductor
Alfonso is in the game.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

-Newcomers-
+Tin Star
+Takamaru
+Chrom
+Ridley
+Tom Nook
+Ghirahim
+Prince Sable
+Palutena
+Pac-Man

-Stages-
+Gangplank Galleon

When did he say Chrom would be revealed next? I don't remember that part.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'm staying on track despite what it looks like. Exactly how likely is a second Pikmin character using the Rock/Flying Type? How different could that be? THat's my biggest question with any rumors that have Louie/Alph/P3 captain. I have a list of questions and tend to see if the rumors answer these logically.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
The background in Pyrosphere is static (Means nothing changes so, I wouldn't expect Ridley to be a stage hazard there at least, maybe a different stage). Also, he said no story mode like SSE so I guess we'll see soon enough.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 That was in response to the next newcomer though, not the next reveal in general.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Alph could be different, but his specials could be the same, his normal attacks however could be different like Wolf. His chances are pretty much the same as every other plausible semi-clone.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm staying on track despite what it looks like. Exactly how likely is a second Pikmin character using the Rock/Flying Type? How different could that be? THat's my biggest question with any rumors that have Louie/Alph/P3 captain. I have a list of questions and tend to see if the rumors answer these logically.
I don't really get these statements. :/ Take all 5 Pikmin characters. I could easily give everyone a VERY different moveset. They would be similar in that they use Pikmin for attacks, and throws them. But that's it.

Not sure what I Think about Another Pikmin rep, though. If Sakurai includes Clones this time again, I expect Alph or Brittany (more females!). So, Rumors including them doesn't surprise me.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't trust Reddit and its "leaks" after what happened there last time. The guy claimed we'd see a Mii reveal in December, and that the actual next two reveals, Rosalina and Little Mac, would be Assist Trophies. Pfft.

That being said, Louie could certainly be the next Pikmin character in line if Sakurai's whole "uniqueness" schtick ends up being a farce. He is the Luigi to Olimar's Mario, after all.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Nah, I think Pikmin is good enough with one rep.
If a second shows up, it's going to be Louie, though. Choosing one from the three protagonists of Pikmin 3 would be weird, like saying that one of them is more important than the others.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Nah, I think Pikmin is good enough with one rep.
If a second shows up, it's going to be Louie, though. Choosing one from the three protagonists of Pikmin 3 would be weird, like saying that one of them is more important than the others.
Well, Alph is technically the main character of Pikmin 3. But IF a Pikmin rep clone would be like a last-minute addition (like past clones), I could see Brittany, since she would be more different, being female.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
The only reason I ask is because of the lack of info on Olimar. We know only about his Throw and the Neutral is likely Pluck again. I've really become suspicious when Sakurai holds off on showing what should be obvious info due to Gateway Galaxy adn a couple of other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom