• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Adding an obscure character adds credibility... DUH!!!! "Who the heck is Tin Star?" I think that question will continue to be asked for as long as Sakurai is Japanese...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In Luminose City in XY, the entire city's shtick is 'Style'. The more things you do in the city gets you 'style points', like visiting a cafe, riding a taxi or going to the museum. The city is full of Cafes, but honestly they're completely pointless outside of getting 'style'. Really, the ONLY major things related to cafes are:

You meet the Kalos champion for the first time in one.

and

One is secretly a base for Team Flare.... though they don't hide it at all...

That's it.
So, basically, if they're choosing Pokemon stages based on locations that aren't giant floating platforms like they're doing with Animal Crossing on the 3DS, it's a reasonable choice. Got it.

With that particular "leak" element, it's most likely 4chan browsing this thread for ideas anyways. It's become too damn big for its own good.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
....Are we STILL discussing the Tin Star rumor? Just proves we're having a dry spell.
No, we've had worse.

I remember one we got that was so bad this thread became "Social Thread 2.0" (the one before Social Thread 2.0).
Heck, even the mods acknowledged it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Well just cuz there's a dry spell doesn't mean you have to post in this thread...just reminding...

because we watch...

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
This Tin Star leak confuses me.

Part of me is like "ohh well that's a nice obscure character to bring back."
But then the other part is like "what the ****? Tin Star?"

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
So really, I'd like to see someone take all the components of the live leaks and break then down, discussing the likeliness of it.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
This Tin Star leak confuses me.

Part of me is like "ohh well that's a nice obscure character to bring back."
But then the other part is like "what the ****? Tin Star?"
I just looked it up. Seems interesting. He's an North American only release and a retro character, so I CAN see Sakurai using him as an appeal to western gamers.

EDIT: Could someone link the post with the Tin Star leak? Thanks.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So really, I'd like to see someone take all the components of the live leaks and break then down, discussing the likeliness of it.
Hm. That would be pretty interesting, I will admit.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Eh, I'm just pointing it out...
You're always pointing it out. It gets old seeing you defend or try to "justify" it by reasoning that it's "inevitable."

If you have nothing to post about (that contributes to the thread), then don't post. Less clutter for those who are here to read/actually discuss things that pertain to leaks, and less stuff for us to moderate. It's as simple as that.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Tin Star? He's on a level of obscure that makes Mike Jones from Star Tropics look like Mario by comparison. I slightly remember Tin Star in a Nintendo Power issue a long time ago but I never knew anyone that played the game and until I looked up screenshots I couldn't remember anything about it. Tin Star was one of those things that was developed and almost immediately forgotten.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Mike Jones and Lip were the obscure character picks back in the preBrawl days. It's kind of sad that Mike Jones' popularity has all but disappeared since then. I think it just goes to prove that a vast majority of these rumors with off the wall picks are going to wind up dead wrong. Virtually no one guessed Game and Watch or ROB so, whoever it is, they'll probably be someone who only makes it onto a handful of wishlists.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
The more we talk about Tin Star, the more I want him in now...

A robot cowboy would be quite the addition.

I guess we'll call it the Tin Star rumor?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
ROB and Game and Watch is they did have some historic significances to Nintendo even if their games were nothing to write home about. Mike Jones and Lip actually at least are recognizable in the regions they were created for, which is why a leak with either of them listed wouldn't automatically make me dismiss a leak immediately compared to the situation with Tin Star.

Dan

Smash Lord
Tin Star.... WTF? But then again; makes perfect sense for a wtf character.

Never heard of it...

But the poster above me is right. That would be like putting Bubsy in the game. Makes absolutely 0 sense...

Next.

Last edited:

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
If Tin Star got in before Mike Jones, I would vomit.

Like, a lot.

I've wanted Mike Jones in Smash for a long time (huge StarTropics fan) but sort of figured it was a pipe dream and gave up on it...although if we see Sakurai starting to take retro characters from the Western audience more, it would certainly be a possibility. Moreso than Tin Star, I would hope!

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Regarding this Tin Star thing, Smash has always had its share of what-the-f**kery character choices. Smash 64 had Ness, Melee had Game & Watch, Brawl had R.O.B, and now Smash 4 has the Wii Fit Trainer.

This character choice isn't entirely out of the ball park, and Sakurai is a madman anyway, so who knows.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Regarding this Tin Star thing, Smash has always had its share of what-the-f**kery character choices. Smash 64 had Ness, Melee had Game & Watch, Brawl had R.O.B, and now Smash 4 has the Wii Fit Trainer.

This character choice isn't entirely out of the ball park, and Sakurai is a madman anyway, so who knows.
I'd actually call Smash 64's out there choice Captain Falcon.

Dan

Smash Lord

As everyone else has said, the WTF choice in 64, if any, was captain falcon, simply because they basically had to create a whole move set for him out of nothing. He hadn't left his vehicle in any of the F-Zero games. Game & Watch and ROB were pretty big parts of Nintendo's history though, and Wii Fit has been huge the past couple of years. This Tin Star is just a random, unknown character from a no-name game, that really holds 0 significance to Nintendo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom