• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
The more we talk about Tin Star, the more I want him in now...

A robot cowboy would be quite the addition.

I guess we'll call it the Tin Star rumor?
If we take notice of it, we'll definitely to see a flood of leeks with Tin Star on them. I don't think we should give it the light of day.

I'm pretty sure no one wants to see hype of some metallic version of Earthworm Jim that looks like it came from a Saturday morning cartoon.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Unless someone ships Sakurai an NES or western Wii he's not putting Mike Jones in. He has to have some way to play the games to get their source material.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I shudder to imagine the source not having access to source material being an actual limitation. In other words, Nintendo should have access to all things Nintendo..

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Unless someone ships Sakurai an NES or western Wii he's not putting Mike Jones in. He has to have some way to play the games to get their source material.
Not that I am claiming that any of those characters has any chance of being included...

But you do realize you are talking about one of the main developers at the actual Nintendo headquarters.

You do realize he probably has development kits and consoles which play basically anything he desires. Probably has all the software just installed on it (like an emulator). I mean if a person can get a Japanese version just by paying the shipping (and product) what makes you think the company that makes it can't actually obtain one, let alone already have dozens just lying around.

Lecruix

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Based on my calculations, this is the final roster. Kamek is more of a wishlist type character though.

Attachments

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
Based on my calculations, this is the final roster. Kamek is more of a wishlist type character though.
You know that's more appropriate in the roster discussion thread or the social thread right? :ohwell:

This thread is mostly for discussing rumors and leaks. Unless there's a leak you based this off of.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Seems to be damn hard to discuss actual leaks in a LEAK and RUMOR thread. Sigh.

Oh well. Now, that Tin Star thingy, what conclusion did we come to? I've gotten confused by what people say here. He's inclusion pretty much puts that leak to rest, right?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tin Star doesn't even show up in Brawl's Chronicle.

Both Startropics games did.

I don't think Nintendo owns all the rights.

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
Tin Star doesn't even show up in Brawl's Chronicle.

Both Startropics games did.

I don't think Nintendo owns all the rights.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Not only that, but the appeal of the WTF characters so far has been that they held any kind of significance or "sense" to their appearance. A lot of people played Game and Watch, a lot of people knew about R.O.B. (besides he appeared in Mario Kart before Smash) and Wii Fit is actually a relevant saga currently, the obscurity of WFT comes from the fact that pretty much no one expected the character itself to be playable, not from not knowing her. And because we knew her and Sakurai completely trolled us with a funny and clever idea it did work.

Now, let's see about Tin Star:
-It is an old character.
-Exclusive to North America (the only time we got region-exclusive characters they were Japan exclusives)
-It was never really popular, so a very few people will even remember about it.
-There seems to be some kind of copyright issues or something with it.

So, what would anyone get with having him in the roster? Almost nothing, because no one would be WTFd in a good sense, it does not have any kind of nostalgia value, it is not representative and it is not even known in some regions. Besides, there are better choices if Sakurai wanted an obscure, retro and north american exclusive character, such as Mike Jones, as discussed earlier (StarTropics also came out here in Europe though)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's something new. There's gonna be extended maintenance on Nintendo networks come the 13th so that may be a sign that a new Nintendo Direct is coming.

Could just be maintenance for maintenance's sake.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I hope it is about a Direct. I mean, around that time, the Year of Luigi ends, and the rumored Year of Yoshi will start (and it seems kinda likely. Yoshi's New Island, Yarn Yoshi, Yarn Yoshi stuff in Mario Golf, Yoshi's reveal for Smash, etc). I certanly hope a Direct is coming.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I hope it is about a Direct. I mean, around that time, the Year of Luigi ends, and the rumored Year of Yoshi will start (and it seems kinda likely. Yoshi's New Island, Yarn Yoshi, Yarn Yoshi stuff in Mario Golf, Yoshi's reveal for Smash, etc). I certanly hope a Direct is coming.
Sorry, Sega already announced the Year of Sonic. Too slow this time ;D

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Here's something new. There's gonna be extended maintenance on Nintendo networks come the 13th so that may be a sign that a new Nintendo Direct is coming.

I think this might be just for the removal of the Year of Luigi Miiverse group.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

Why? In the past a maintenance meant a Direct was coming? I really don't know, never noticed that.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Sorry, Sega already announced the Year of Sonic. Too slow this time ;D
Don't worry. The Year of Sonic is so fast, it will end in no time. :p

@ Vintage Creep Vintage Creep
There's mostly/usually a maintenance right Before a Direct, yes. And that maintenance is on the same day Directs tends to be on. ^^

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Getting obvious veterans in directs makes me angry. Use those to hype something else. So if we are getting a direct I hope we get another Little Mac style ''upset".

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Getting obvious veterans in directs makes me angry. Use those to hype something else. So if we are getting a direct I hope we get another Little Mac style ''upset".
It's not going to be a big Direct like the last. If it's going to happen, I mean.
It will be 90% on Yoshi's New Island, announcement of the Year Of Yoshi, some news about Yarn Yoshi (if it was not cancelled) etc.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Not that I am claiming that any of those characters has any chance of being included...

But you do realize you are talking about one of the main developers at the actual Nintendo headquarters.

You do realize he probably has development kits and consoles which play basically anything he desires. Probably has all the software just installed on it (like an emulator). I mean if a person can get a Japanese version just by paying the shipping (and product) what makes you think the company that makes it can't actually obtain one, let alone already have dozens just lying around.
Would be a good retort if it weren't for the fact that he didn't even have any art or sprite files to make stickers out of.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Vintage Creep Vintage Creep
Welcome. ^^
And what you say may be right, it may be a slightly smaller Direct, focusing on New Island, Yarn Yoshi (really doubt it would be cancelled. Can't wait to see how it looks now, over a year after we last saw it), Year of Yoshi (if it happens), Yoshi's Smash appearance, and lastly, news About Mario Kart (hey, Yoshi's in it, right? It fits!)

That maintanence may be about a new Miiverse Year of Yoshi place~

Staarih

Smash Master
A smaller Direct could reveal Snake, if he returns. But if we get one next week, it'll probably be all Yoshi though.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Are there any major rumors about this, btw? Like, if Yoshi is revealed with Baby Mario on his back, any rumors looking more legit right now?

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman
Well just cuz there's a dry spell doesn't mean you have to post in this thread...just reminding...

because we watch...
This is an Internet forum and you mods treat it like we're in middle school, chill out.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well, why WOULD you post here if what this thread is about isn't happening right now? When there's a leak/rumor, you're suppose to post. Everything else can go in the Social/Miiverse/etc threads, no? I don't blame the Mods for wanting the Rumor thread to be about Rumors.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
We will probably get 2 characters every month until release. This months most likely are Yoshi and Wario. The starting roster is going to be about 30 or so. That leaves around six more. Get ready for easy guesses that try to claim being a "leak"

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I just had a look through the thread for the MK8 RosalinaX leaker. Seems really legit.

http://www.mariokartwii.com/f105/inside-drift-133682-11.html

From the above link to page 13, he makes 8 posts. None of the information seems forced, and it's too non-specific for me to suspect it would be fabricated. The only Smash information is that the roster is 48 characters, and there are 4 cuts.

If it's true, we're getting another 8-10 newcomers depending on how the leaker views Pokemon Trainer, and whether or not he gets cut (i.e., if he views Pokemon Trainer as one character, and he is cut, we get the most newcomers).

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just had a look through the thread for the MK8 RosalinaX leaker. Seems really legit.

From the above link to page 13, he makes 8 posts. None of the information seems forced, and it's too non-specific for me to suspect it would be fabricated. The only Smash information is that the roster is 48 characters, and there are 4 cuts.

If it's true, we're getting another 8-10 newcomers depending on how the leaker views Pokemon Trainer, and whether or not he gets cut (i.e., if he views Pokemon Trainer as one character, and he is cut, we get the most newcomers).
So the rumor is 48 characters and 4 cuts

I got snake lucas ike and wolf as those cuts

(No complaining about me not saying R.O.B too much evidence protects him from being kicked except time contrast)

domriver

Smash Lord
These leaks are driving me bonkers. I need to stop coming here. Most of them don't have the characters I want. :( I'll just wait for confirmation from Sakurai instead :D ajjaj

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

Well the poster said that there will be four cuts of Smash, it can mean Toon Link, Roy, Dr. Mario and Pichu if he or she is telling Smash as a whole.
.n_n.

memememe

Smash Apprentice
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1zz1j1/spoilers_saw_some_footage/

First post. Seems legit.

Under another username. Managed to get some info from a recent build. Saw some of it firsthand, not all of it. All comes from promotional videos made for the game; also saw a little bit of the opening movie. This was all for the Wii U version.

**Professor Layton and Your Mii are definitely 100% characters. Saw clips of trailers for both.

**Saw footage of Louie from Pikmin. Looked playable. Uses Rock and Flying Pikmin.

**Palutena, Dixie Kong, and Cranky Kong were part of the opening movie. Don't know what that means; could be like Ridley and Wolf in the Melee opening.

**Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Wario return. Saw in opening movie. Thought I saw Falco too, but it might have been Sonic.

**Pokemon Trainer is Female now. No word on a Male Trainer. Didn't see firsthand.

**There's a stage based off of Kirby Epic Yarn (saw this one) and a stage based off of Egg Island from Yoshi's New Island for 3DS (didn't see this one.)

**The Hammer is back and re-designed. Saw this.

Asked if I could get pictures and was denied. Everything else I saw was stuff already confirmed. Don't know anything else besides these.
Louie, Layton, Cranky Kong, Female Trainer all sound like Sakurai curveballs to me. Still....

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1zz1j1/spoilers_saw_some_footage/

Louie, Layton, Cranky Kong, Female Trainer all sound like Sakurai curveballs to me. Still....
Sounds fishy. If he did see all that then asked for pictures why didn't they make him sign a non disclosure? If you're gonna leak why do it in half measures?

Any new rumors (besides the one above me)?
Well with Nintendo network maintenance on the 13th people suspect a new Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why are there so many people claiming they have seen the game and leaking information? Are they really that starved for attention?

D

Deleted member

I don't understand leaks with Louie.
It doesn't make sense to me
1. Why would it be Louie and not Alph, Brittany or Charlie?
2. Why have another Pikmin character if their just going to be a carbon copy of Oli?
3. If Sakurai wanted to add another Pikmin character, I think he would try to give them a unique moveset, so giving them rock and flying pikmin makes sense...but is that all they would use? Oli uses red, blue, yellow, white and purple Pikmin as it is. Why share the same move set with the same Pikmin as someone else? Especially nowadays, when everyone whines and hates on clones, and Sakurai knows it.

I just can't wrap my head around there being another Pikmin character.

Last edited by a moderator:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
lol He saw Falco, but it might have been Sonic. Yep, they look just alike.

Not even giving that leak another thought. The Tinstar leak was fun, but I think that retro reps are likely to have some significance to Nintendo history. Tin Star...doesn't have any. Even Nester is more likely than him, imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom