• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlastoiseKoopa98

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlastoiseKoopa98
3DS FC
3222-5619-4495
The background in Pyrosphere is static (Means nothing changes so, I wouldn't expect Ridley to be a stage hazard there at least, maybe a different stage). Also, he said no story mode like SSE so I guess we'll see soon enough.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 That was in response to the next newcomer though, not the next reveal in general.
Even if SSE won't be a feature, we can still somewhat expect there to be some kind of "Adventure mode" and they could easily make bosses for that.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Even if SSE won't be a feature, we can still somewhat expect there to be some kind of "Adventure mode" and they could easily make bosses for that.
Right. I actually didn't like SSE as much as I liked Melee's adventure mode... Melee's adventure mode is the best Smash Bros mode that's not regular Classic mode imo.

I wish they'd add adventure mode back again with a two player option.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
The background in Pyrosphere is static (Means nothing changes so, I wouldn't expect Ridley to be a stage hazard there at least, maybe a different stage). Also, he said no story mode like SSE so I guess we'll see soon enough.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 That was in response to the next newcomer though, not the next reveal in general.
I'm going to add in to what BlastoiseKoopa said just above me. I don't believe we should take static backgrounds for granted. Just look at Smashville, the clock has been the same for every shot we've seen, unlike its Brawl counterpart, and I see no reason there would be such a downgrade and that doesn't even include the lack of background character rotation. No, Sakurai is hiding something about the stage and has kept it static for a reason. What it is, I don't know, but eventually we'll find out. This statement goes for both Pyrosphere and Smashville.

Honestly, I think none of the stages are as straightforward as they seem. with both Tortimer's Island and Smash Ring revealed, it's clear now that several stages have at least 2 configurations, or random aspects about them. Any rumors that don't take this into account...

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Nah, I think Pikmin is good enough with one rep.
If a second shows up, it's going to be Louie, though. Choosing one from the three protagonists of Pikmin 3 would be weird, like saying that one of them is more important than the others.
The 3 captains are equally important in Pikmin 3. :p
To me Alph is the 2nd Lucas of the roster, except it's not Japanese-exclusive at all.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
What the **** is a Tin Star? A rejected idea of a Custom Robo character?
Sadly, i'm surprised there haven't been more leaks with Ray from Custom Robo. He's already an assist trophy, is in japan and the west, and would be a unique aerial fighter with plenty of moveset options due to various attacks you can use.

There was a leak with him in there, but it included Bubbles from CluClu Land. How likely is it for Bubbles to be a character? Seriously speaking.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Bubbles come from leaks, anyways. :troll:

But seriously speaking, Bubbles probably doesn't have much of a chance. She's just too obscure.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sadly, i'm surprised there haven't been more leaks with Ray from Custom Robo. He's already an assist trophy, is in japan and the west, and would be a unique aerial fighter with plenty of moveset options due to various attacks you can use.

There was a leak with him in there, but it included Bubbles from CluClu Land. How likely is it for Bubbles to be a character? Seriously speaking.
Very low since such a character contantly moves and never stop.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That being said, Louie could certainly be the next Pikmin character in line if Sakurai's whole "uniqueness" schtick ends up being a farce. He is the Luigi to Olimar's Mario, after all.
I wouldn't say it would necessarily be a farce per se. He probably just has a vastly different definition of "unique" than anyone else does.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I'm staying on track despite what it looks like. Exactly how likely is a second Pikmin character using the Rock/Flying Type? How different could that be? THat's my biggest question with any rumors that have Louie/Alph/P3 captain. I have a list of questions and tend to see if the rumors answer these logically.
Probably about as different as luigi to mario, falco to fox, toon link to link, or ganondorf to c. falcon.

Shroob

Sup?
Id agree to that.

nah. This doesn't make sense. Characters who are cut can only be cut if they appeared in the last iteration. Characters who don't return and characters who are cut are not the same thing. Characters who don't return could refer to characters like Dr. Mario or even Snake. But cut characters can only refer to those from Brawl. It's important to pay attention to the word "cut" more so than the word "Smash". Yes colloquially we use Smash to mean the entire series. But often we say Smash as a pronoun, referring to whatever Smash Brothers game is at the center of discussion. It's just easier and it's slang. In this case it's Smash 4. (e.g. "I am so hyped for Smash [brothers 4]!" or "I've been playing Smash [brothers 4] all week. Waiting in line for 3 hours was worth it!")

So knowing that Smash could mean both the series or a specific game we have to look elsewhere within the post to make our conclusion. As I said before the use of the word cut implies that these are characters who were not in Smash Bros Melee. It wouldn't make sense to say Pichu is cut when referring to Smash Bros 4. He's already cut. He was cut after melee. He can't be cut again.

More than likely he wasn't referring to characters from melee, but characters from brawl.

edit: whoa had to edit a bunch of junk. Don't eat pizza while posting.

Maybe, but you know Olimar=Mario and Louie=Luigi right?
And I still call speculation on the bolded. Let's say this guy's information is legit. Where did he get it? He says from someone he knows, right? If this is just from 'someone he knows', I'd say it's very likely that this means Melee cuts. Need I remind you the interview where Sakurai said that he didn't have time to bring everyone back "From Smash"? That was not about just Brawl, that was Smash as a whole, and if Sakurai used the term "Smash" in such a way, then there's no way to prove this guy didn't as well. Just because 'most people' use 'Smash' to refer to the latest game in the franchise, does not mean everyone does.

You can't prove me right, but you can't prove me wrong either.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
And I still call speculation on the bolded. Let's say this guy's information is legit. Where did he get it? He says from someone he knows, right? If this is just from 'someone he knows', I'd say it's very likely that this means Melee cuts. Need I remind you the interview where Sakurai said that he didn't have time to bring everyone back "From Smash"? That was not about just Brawl, that was Smash as a whole, and if Sakurai used the term "Smash" in such a way, then there's no way to prove this guy didn't as well. Just because 'most people' use 'Smash' to refer to the latest game in the franchise, does not mean everyone does.

You can't prove me right, but you can't prove me wrong either.
I think it's pretty unlikely that all characters from Brawl would return, and somebody would say there have been four cuts. Seriously, who's going to say that?

"Hey man, I've seen the new Smash roster. Seems like 4 characters have been cut; Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy and Young Link."

That isn't a likely line of conversation.

We're nitpicking over the wording of this already unlikely leak. It's obviously intended to indicate four cuts from Brawl.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think it's pretty unlikely that all characters from Brawl would return, and somebody would say there have been four cuts. Seriously, who's going to say that?

"Hey man, I've seen the new Smash roster. Seems like 4 characters have been cut; Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy and Young Link."

That isn't a likely line of conversation.

We're nitpicking over the wording of this already unlikely leak. It's obviously intended to indicate four cuts from Brawl.
And I'm calling speculation. The leak was 'vague'. Painfully 'vague'. Besides a number, this leak offers nothing else.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Is there any other reason to think that Chrom is going to be revealed? Little Mac was because of his anniversary. Is there anything like that for Fire emblem in April? I guess Sakurai could just go random. But if there is a reason to think Chrom will be revealed then this one is worth looking at. If not then its just another "Mr.Prediction" "predicting"...

Shroob

Sup?
Is there any other reason to think that Chrom is going to be revealed? Little Mac was because of his anniversary. Is there anything like that for Fire emblem in April? I guess Sakurai could just go random. But if there is a reason to think Chrom will be revealed then this one is worth looking at. If not then its just another "Mr.Prediction" "predicting"...
Fire Emblem's first game came out on April 20th, 1990.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Oh cool. Maybe he knew about the anniversary and is trying read Sakurai (but thats easy. Sakurai does roll a lot). What else did this leak say? Was this the Mario Kart one again?

Gaxel

Smash Ace
So, the Tin Star leaker said that Chrom would be the next newcomer revealed...

I thought they revealed one per month and FE would most likely have a reveal in April so, if this leak is 'true', March would be a dry spell.

Shroob

Sup?
Mario Kart guy didn't say anything except an amount of characters.

@ Gaxel

We've been having 2 characters per month, so don't expect March to be a dry spell.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Mario Kart guy didn't say anything except an amount of characters.

@ Gaxel

We've been having 2 characters per month, so don't expect March to be a dry spell.
I'm talking about newcomers. Since the question directed to the OP was "Who is the next newcomer to be revealed?" (OP post Chrom later).

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Ignoring tin star the fact that Ridley and Tom nook are on this list makes it look pretty fake to me. I very much doubt animal crossing will be getting 2 reps and as much as I know people are really hoping for Ridley the post Sakurai made of the other m stage gives me a strong feeling he is a Stage Hazard/Boss

I don't know... He sees the Smash Bros invitation and stares it down.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I wish these leaks didn't go with easy guesses like the next revealed character. We all already know that stuff or we could guess it. It's kinda pointless. Even if they get it right we all already knew. Heck, some of the "easy" guesses were wrong. Remember when they said that Diddy was next. Then we got Lucario... Then we got Little Mac... Then we got Diddy lol. So there being a FE anniversary to go with Chrom doesn't mean this guys legit if he gets revealed. Especially freakin' Tin Star. Wat the hek!?!?!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Ok He :snake: hasn't been in a nintendo game for 2 years.
Fox hasn't been in a Nintendo game in 3 years. And it was a remake.
Lucas hasn't been in a Nintendo game in 6 years.
Your point?
I don't think Snake necessarily deserves his spot (don't kill me) but now that he's got it I'd be upset to see him go.

Last edited:

Lecruix

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
...Tri just said it people. Don't reply to any character/preference discussion here.
We already had got the memo. Please refrain from the one liners, they clutter the page.

I am starting to think this E. Gaad link is real.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This a really damn interesting leak:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68740447/776842125
-Unrevealed newcomers are: Hawlucha, Mii, Pac-Man, Waddle Dee, Palutena, Tom Nook, Prince Sable, NES Ridley, Toad, Paper Mario, Monita, Secret Zelda Character and Secret Xenoblade Character
That would bring the total characters to 54. O_O

-All characters from Brawl return except Pokemon Trainer, because the 3DS can't handle the "API interactive layers" or something.
-To make up for this, Hawlucha, Mewtwo, and Charizard are all playable.
-Mewtwo and Charizard use both their Mega Evolutions that appear to give you a single special attack every 3 kills. You can only use one of the Mega Evolutions, but you pick which one you want.

-Mii uses the user profile's Mii.
-Pac-Man is in his 3D form.
-When playing as Toad, Peach's Neutral Special becomes a mushroom.
-Paper Mario has a fun unique moveset.
-Ridley is playable, but in the classic NES form. Regular Ridley is a boss.
-Brawl clones are still sort of clones, but have been made more unique.

-They have "mix clones" which use moves from two other characters instead of just one.
-Waddle Dee is a mix clone of Kirby and Little Mac
-Tom Nook is a mix clone of Villager and Mii
-Toad is a mix clone of Pichu(?) and Mario
-Monita is a mix clone of Meta Knight and ROB

-There are two secret characters that Nintendo wants to be a surprise, one from Zelda and one from the Xeno series.
The mix-clone part is strange. XD
Someone in Gamefaqs translated a Japanese "leak."

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
What is with leakers adding Hawlucha to every list nowadays? Granted, I wouldn't mind if he/her is added but that is basically a ringing alarm bell for a rumor being fake for me.

That and also Toad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom