• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

....he's got a major role in Triple Deluxe while Meta Knight has no known role.

D

Deleted member

A wild leak appeared !

EDIT : Old news, mah bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
That new leak is painfully safe. Why would he not mention a single newcomer if he has "inside info"? It's because they're way too hard to predict, especially after Rosalina's reveal.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Looks like you got your wish.

From GameFAQs - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68237872
"I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I know some information about Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Super Smash Bros for 3DS. I'm not a prophet. I'm not a troll. And I will ignore everyone who calls me one. I'm just a real big fan of the series who has some insider info to share. Now that that's out of the way, I will tell you some tidbits.

King Dedede will be revealed on January 10. The day before Kirby Triple Deluxe is released in Japan.

Diddy Kong will be revealed on February 13th. The day of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze's release in Japan.

There is a DKCR3D stage in the 3DS version. This was seen in the 1st trailer. It's a scrolling stage that constantly scrolls to the right. However, sometimes goes in diagonal directions. It's a real interesting stage and so far, it's the only one in Smash history to act like it! The music is to die for as well. It even has a couple of tracks from the Donkey Kong Land games!

The Wii U will have a generic DKCR stage that takes no physical cues from Tropical Freeze. However, there is talk on getting music from that game. We already have music from all main DKC games that have been released so far on this stage though. We even have a couple of tracks from DK64 It is a standard stage with no stage hazards. Rambi makes a background cameo though. As do a couple of Tikis. Graphically, it's looks stunning. I'm sure it's gonna be a favorite.

Orange Grenades are a new explosive item. They bounce on the ground when thrown and explode after a certain amount of time! There is a Funky Kong AT as well. He's still in the debugging process though, so he may be changed up a bit.

Dr. Mario is in the game somehow. I won't give out specifics just yet, but it's a lot of fun! I really enjoy the decision.

The Lorr Starcutter is a stage on the Wii U version. It works kind of like Coneria. It's layout and functionality is much different but the basic concept is the same. The background is stunning though. You fly through several locations from Return to Dreamland. You even fly to Another Dimension! Lots of Kirby Air Ride and Kirby's Return to Dreamland music plays on it.

While I'm talking about music, the number of songs is significantly higher than Brawl's. However, most of the songs are direct ports of songs from games instead of new remixes. This is very noticeable when looking at Mario Galaxy and Dr. Wily's Castle. Don't worry though. There are a LOT of songs on Mario Galaxy and Dr. Wily's Castle.

Well, there ya have it. That should tide you over. And to answer future questions.

Yes. Yes, I do know more.

But I don't plan on sharing it. Not now at least. Hope you have fun anticipating this stuff! :D"
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
This may just be the shortest leaker-imposed deadline between a leak and the alleged reveal of a character to date?
Guess we'll have to wait and see on the 10th of January to see if this is true.

D

Deleted member

That new leak is painfully safe. Why would he not mention a single newcomer if he has "inside info"? It's because they're way too hard to predict, especially after Rosalina's reveal.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was hinting at Dr. Mario being a playable character in the rumor. That's what I'm thinking.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I wouldn't be surprised if he was hinting at Dr. Mario being a playable character in the rumor. That's what I'm thinking.
The vibe I got that it it was something that wasn't payable status. That would be too obvious. Like a stage with Doctor Mario in the top right hand corner reacting to the fight. Sakurai's always loved the Doctor Mario music and he's always had to just shove it into an unrelated retro stage. I could see him finally adding a stage for it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The vibe I got that it it was something that wasn't payable status. That would be too obvious. Like a stage with Doctor Mario in the top right hand corner reacting to the fight. Sakurai's always loved the Doctor Mario music and he's always had to just shove it into an unrelated retro stage. I could see him finally adding a stage for it.
I have hope...

Groose

Smash Champion
This would be awesome. Just awesome. Not getting my hopes up for it over a leak though--the only leak I've ever remotely believed about this game is the NeoGAF one.

Groose

Smash Champion
Rosalina is not irrelevant. One possible explanation people advanced for the leak's failed predictions was that the leaker had seen characters in development and assumed they would be revealed at E3. Rosalina, the next character in the pipeline to be revealed and therefore likely the next most polished release by the time of E3, was not on the leaker's list.

Rosalina does not discredit the leak, but she does call into serious question one of the frequently offered explanations for why the leaker erred on half his predictions.

Heh. Gotcha.

If the leaker had indeed seen the newcomers that were in development, he would not have predicted Rosalina as a possible candidate for E3. Because, you see, there was a certain issue at the time...

If you'll remember, the 3DS limitations were causing the team some amount of strife back then. Complex characters like the Ice Climbers--and our darling Fraeulein Rosalina--were giving the programmers some problems. Because of this, Rosalina was not anywhere near ready to show...

and therefore was not mentioned by the leaker. She was definitely not "polished" enough at the time, so the leaker didn't mention her!

Your move, sir.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't think Sakurai is the type of guy to intentionally hide stuff in trailers. I think it's just some random background garbage.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...If you'll remember, the 3DS limitations were causing the team some amount of strife back then. Complex characters like the Ice Climbers--and our darling Fraeulein Rosalina--were giving the programmers some problems.

...Because of this, Rosalina was not anywhere near ready to show...
and therefore was not mentioned by the leaker. She was definitely not "polished" enough at the time, so the leaker didn't mention her!

Who's to say she did? Looking at her moveset, the Lumas act a bit more like Pikmin. Though they have separate AI, it's not along the same line as Nana. Instead they just contribute to some attacks, kinda like Olimar and Pikmin. Or...

*Insert gif with some guy slamming a desk here*

The first non-E3 character revealed!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Probably just a rock or something. Definitely not Bowser Jr., the quality is terrible compared to Rosalina and the coloration is far too dark to be Bowser Jr. or any character for that matter.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Fine, time to let the cat is out of the bag; I am Sakurai.

Speaking of cats, everyone loves cats. The internet is proof of this. Therefore Sakurai must love cats too. My avatar is of a cat, thus proof I am Sakurai!

Now that I've revealed my credentials time to drop some info that Nintendo has deemed "too stupid" to share. They're all like "I'm sure you'll come to your senses and get rid of this crap before the game releases so don't tell anyone about it." But I am. There is exactly one more new character. And it is tag team Pichu and Ganondorf. They're like Ice Climbers except you can switch back and forth as to which one you control. Take Pichu for when you want to fail, and Ganondorf for when you want to fail harder, because he has been nerfed even more. :troll:

Ganondorf is as slow as he was in Brawl. And I don't mean relative to the gamespeed. If it took him 2 seconds to do something in Brawl it will take him that long to do the same thing in Smash 4. For all you people out there who are all like "skill matters more then tiers" this one is for you, because screw you. The character is called "The Bottom Tier Dwellers" and they will make you cry. There is even a move where they hop into the background and Ganondorf falcon punches Pichu into oblivion. Oh, did I mention that unlike IC if either dies you loose a stock? :troll: It's far too useful as a stall tactic if you can sense that your opponent is about to commit suicide, so I'm still working on it.

I really hope Nintendo stops trying to get this incredible content cut, just like they cut Toad in Brawl. I even had the playable toad start flaming if Peach pulled out hers so you could tell which was which. Flaming, because he becomes a flaming homosexual upon seeing himself. I mean who wouldn't go gay for Toad? Toad is one sexy beast after all.

If none of this comes true its not cuz I lied or anything. It's because Nintendo cut it at the last minute.

Last edited:

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
Has there been a "leak" so far that hasn't been either complete BS or just a happy coincidence? I don't think soooo.

Also nice avatar and username Mr. Mumbles, Dan Vs. is one of my my favourite cartoons ever, lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Has there been a "leak" so far that hasn't been either complete BS or just a happy coincidence? I don't think soooo.

Also nice avatar and username Mr. Mumbles, Dan Vs. is one of my my favourite cartoons ever, lol
The E3 rumor seems to be more than just a guess.

One does not guess Wii Fit Trainer, my good lad.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm not sure what to say to that. It could probably be faked just as easily as the pac-man one though.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Mario
Donkey Kong
Samus

Ike?

This is a very interesting pic. It's gotta be fake but....

I can't seem to find any real flaws with it. Too blurry to tell.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm near-certain it's Marth. The position shows that the cape is red, but that's also the color of Marth's cape on the inside. Plus, the position (and blurriness) prevents any of Ike's more distinguishing features from being seen, like his sword.

EDIT: Well, then there's the color of the pants. I didn't notice that at first... Hmm, gonna have to look more into this..

Looking closer into it, there appears to be a small speck of blue near the red cape, I'm thinking that the blue is the back of Marth's cape. The white pants make it hard to tell though.

Still, it would be more convincing to me if we could see more of Ike's hair and his sword.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Personally, It looks like Marth to me.
The yellowed sword and reddish cape, not to mention the similarity to Ike's side taunt, would indicate it to be Ike.

... I like how we're getting to the point where in order to make leaks more convincing, people have to make the images extremely terrible. :p

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
The yellowed sword and reddish cape, not to mention the similarity to Ike's side taunt, would indicate it to be Ike.

... I like how we're getting to the point where in order to make leaks more convincing, people have to make the images extremely terrible. :p
You got good point there. I am just in denial even though the picture is fake. :p

Poppo

Smash Rookie
Do you think Paper Mario is a legitimate possibility as a player, because that could be absolutely amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom