• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Do you think Paper Mario is a legitimate possibility as a player, because that could be absolutely amazing!
Hello and welcome to the Smashboards!

This isn't the thread for discussing characters though, this one is for discussing rumors and leaks. You can find the Roster Prediction Discussion thread in the SSB4 Character sub-forum.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Why is it that every leaker always has a really poor quality camera. You'd think that they would invest in a good camera to get good pictures and whatnot.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Be awesome if it were Ike. When I first heard about the new one coming out I was indifferent to who would make it in, but after some project M maining Ike, I'm actually hoping he'll be in the newest one.

Poppo

Smash Rookie
Hello and welcome to the Smashboards!

This isn't the thread for discussing characters though, this one is for discussing rumors and leaks. You can find the Roster Prediction Discussion thread in the SSB4 Character sub-forum.
Thanks, and sincerest apologies!

Hoots

Can Be Combative
A wild 3DS Leak appeared!

EDIT: This image is very blurry...
Where exactly did you find this? I just looked at the miiverse for all the photos of 3DS Battlefield, and there's nothing that resembles this angle with blue skies...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I also noticed that the stage looked different, but I forgot to mention it when Ike was brought up.

The trees look considerably different in that "leak" than they do in this official pic.

EDIT: Didn't notice ---'s post at first.

Well then, case closed.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I also noticed that the stage looked different, but I forgot to mention it when Ike was brought up.

The trees look considerably different in that "leak" than they do in this official pic.

EDIT: Didn't notice ---'s post at first.

Well then, case closed.
Yerp.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
As much as leaks are bs until proven otherwise, that most recent one sounds safe enough to either be a really conservative guess or some legit information. The Kirby and DK levels make sense, as well as the Reveal dates for Dedede and Diddy. Funky has been around enough recently to make sense as an Assist (though most people probably expect Cranky) and the Orange Grenade sounds like a a plausible item idea. Especially if you consider that Snake (if anyone) is probably the most likely to be cut. The team replacing some of his moves with items (Grenades = Orange Grenades, Slow-*** Rocket = Submarine Gun) certainly sounds like a clever thing to do and would be right up Sakurai's alley. Or at least one would think so. We'll just have to wait and see.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Dedede and Diddy reveals mentioned in the leak are easily guessable dates though. To me it seems like just an attempt at getting others to start believing the leak and for a decent amount of time, assuming the two previously mentioned characters are indeed revealed on the dates the leaker said they would be.

The leak seems to be playing it a little too safe for me, but regardless, I agree that we will just have to wait and see.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Dedede is confirmed, we need to put it under the "watch" list.

If something more surprising is confirmed than we can start arguing about this like the E3 leak.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
That's fair enough. Rumour or not, I have believes that Dedede is First Kirby character to be revealed next.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
A wild 3DS Leak appeared!

EDIT: This image is very blurry...
where is this leak from?

This one actually interests me because although blurryness points towards fake, something THIS blurry with indistinguishable stuff in it also kind of points towards REAL since if you were to FAKE a screenshot you'd probably spend the time to make it LOOK like something.

I have no clue what that could be, though it does remind me of an old rumor about getting some dinosaur character from a new yoshi game? i dont remember if that leak was proven false or not just saying this looks kinds like donkey kong in front of some weird pink dinosaur? no clue what the red things are either though so just throwing that thought out there.

anyway again i always look at motive for leaked info and the motive behind making a screenshot like this doesn't add up, not saying it's real but I see no reason for anyone to fake this.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well next week we are going to see the result of the one with some stage and 2 character reveals

Dedede on the 10th of January and diddy kong for DKCTF

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, "Animal Crossing Guy", Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Miis were to be shown at E3 2013.
Did he specify E3 2013? Otherwise it could have been in general all the E3 reveals: Maybe half of them at E3 2013 and the other half at E3 2014. Wouldn't seem that impossible to reveal a 3rd party newcomer + Little Mac(who's expected anyways) and Miis at E3 2014.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I went ahead and did outline for the so called "Leak" for the heck of it

analysis.png

*The possible missile should actually be stated as possible missile visual flair*

First off I would assess the red the streaks as the visual fare associated with Samus firing a missile (particularly a super missile). When zoomed upon it is made quite clear that Samus is in her side B animation. I believe the blast explosion may also be tied with this fact (as perhaps an addition visual que).

DK appears to be in a hurt animation but from what I'm not certain. It would make sense that he would be getting attacked by Mario as he is facing away from the fire being shot towards his direction but I can't be certain of what exactly Mario is actually doing. I tried to outline it the best I could but I honestly can't say I'm certain.

Finally assuming this is a real shot (which I have reason not to believe) that is most certainly Ike. Between the beige pants and the distinct color difference of the background to what resembles his sword, I have no doubt this is Ike. Heck even his hair is distinct in its cut and the belt matches Ike's design. Anyways If it is him it looks like he is preforming one of his taunts. This doesn't make much sense assuming I am correct about Samus firing a missile, considering the animation stance timeframe associated with it.

Anyways I would mark this most likely as fake as a few things are off. The trees for example don't correspond in the image. there should be three puffs of bush on the right side and the leaves of the left tree shouldn't be so close to the elevated platform. Also a stone wall is missing from the background. Still who knows, maybe Battlefield is a bit more dymaic then we thought *shrugs*

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
My Unit must be one of the worst names for a character ever. I'm also against the inclusion of Awakening's avatar in the game.

Kon

Smash Journeyman

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Copying its content over because the dumbarse GameFAQs mods delete all "leaks."

Pardon if the English I use is not the best.

Before I go on and discuss what I know, I am not Sakurai. I am not claiming to have worked on the game, though I have seen some production sketches and even heard about the game progress over dinner with a few of my friends who work on the game. If you do not wish to be spoiled or disappointed, I suggest to stop reading. Now here is what I know for sure.

New Items:

Barrel Cannon from Melee and Donkey Kong

Tiki's Tear, which increases damage given by 1.1X and damage taken .9X. From Fire Emblem Kakusei

Baby Yoshi that blocks projectiles, can wander off stage and can be KO'd. From New Super Mario Brothers U

New Stages Include

Lor Starcutter, which is a peaceful stage that can tilt due to Landia and Magalor Fighting over the Master Crown. This stage is on the Wii U.

Pokemon World Tournament, in which certain Pokemon like Garchomp and Tyranitar will battle. They become a stage hazard when Mega Evolution is in play though! This stage is on the 3DS.

A Chimera Factory stage from Mother 3, in which different chimeras roam, waiting for snack! This stage is on the 3DS

An 8 bit version of Ice Climber, in which players can destroy platforms and use enemies to KO opponents, This stage is on both Wii U and 3DS

Prison Island from Xenoblade, in which Metal Face appears in the background, and is fought in adventure mode. The music is to die for on this stage. This Stage is on the Wii U

No Melee Stage is returning unless you count Battlefield and Final Destination.

New Assist Trophies

Sallya, who uses Dark Magic to damage the opponent and heal her summoner. From Fire Emblem Kakusei

Tails, who can save a summoner from being knocked off only once, but can be KO'd himself.

Magnus from Kid Icarus, who uses his sword to do two strikes, but can be dodged easily.

Character Details

My Unit from Fire Emblem Kakusei is a newcomer. My Unit uses a unique stance change moveset, in order to diversify the Fire Emblem newcomers. There are costumes for both a male and female My Unit. The final smash involves Grima, though Grima is also an adventure mode boss.

Shulk, who uses the Monodo to strengthen his own attributes in battle, and is about as fast as link normally. He is the most recent character to be added into Smash Bros.

Ridley, who Sakurai added in order to please Western Fans. He is the largest character in the game, a bit taller than Bowser. He focuses on aerial combat, and has a hover much like Peach's, His final smash is Meta Ridley

The Pokemon Lineup is Mewtwo, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, and Pokemon Trainer, who reprises his pokemon.

Discussion on Snakes return are vague. The possibility of replacing Solid Snake with Naked Snake is there...

There are no other Mario characters besides Rosalina added, though Dr Mario is a Mario Skin...

The only cut characters are Pichu, Young Link, and Roy. Snake is possible at this point, if only to be replaced by his father, who would be called Snake.

Keep in mind that this is all i know, and this is a throwaway account.

I think it's false because Snake's return should in no way be vague this late in development, given his third party nature, though maybe that's just the guy's alleged poor English coming into play. It's at least worth noting that both this and the PackedMeGloves leak from a few days back had Lorr Starcutter as a new stage (this leak loosely matches the description of the previous one of it being a variation on Corneria; it's peaceful, just tilting somewhat).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Here's what I don't get:

...Baby Yoshi that blocks projectiles, can wander off stage and can be KO'd. From New Super Mario Brothers U...
Sounds kinds like an assist trophy, don't you think.
...Tails, who can save a summoner from being knocked off only once, but can be KO'd himself....
How? does he just follow you? Doesn't sound like a useful Assist to me...
...Ridley, who Sakurai added in order to please Western Fans. He is the largest character in the game, a bit taller than Bowser. He focuses on aerial combat, and has a hover much like Peach's, His final smash is Meta Ridley...
Wasn't Meta Ridley just Ridley with cybernetic enhancements, not a transformation?
...Discussion on Snakes return are vague. The possibility of replacing Solid Snake with Naked Snake is there...
And they'll replace the more iconic Snake, why?
...Snake is possible at this point, if only to be replaced by his father, who would be called Snake.
Wait, what?

Though with all that said, I'm okay with this leak.
But there are some strange similarities between this and the last one.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Another thing; unless Ridley had his Super Metroid design, rather than the expected Other M one, he'd need a new Other M Meta Ridley design. Either that, or he'd change from Other M Ridley to regular Meta Ridley, which would be bizarre. This smells fishy to me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, pretty standard rumor. Sounds believable. No real glaring contradictions or anything. I doubt it's real... but it's ok. At least he didn't give an expiry date this would be proved fake by. :rolleyes:

The thing that gets me though is he refers to Avatar, Tharja, and Awakening by their Japanese names, and Bowser, Jigglypuff, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Metal Face, and Magolor by their English names.

Nothing huge... but an odd inconsistency.

Oh, and how would this guy see production sketches if he wasn't involved in development? His friends? No doubt they have to sign non-disclosure agreements, I doubt they'd risk getting fired or penalized some other way over production sketches.

LF2K

Floor Diver
The two leaks both mentioned Lor Starcutter in different ways, interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom