• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I think it was, having two third parties revealed at the same E3 would take a miracle. So I think Sakurai is saving them up till E3 2014.
If Nintendo decides to attend this years E3 and have another traditional conference
I think it was, having two third parties revealed at the same E3 would take a miracle. So I think Sakurai is saving them up till E3 2014.
If Nintendo decides to attend this years E3 and have another traditional conference then i wonder how the audience would react to seeing Pacman (if the rumor does end up true) revealed in a new trailer shown for the game. I'd actually be happy to see the packster join the roster, but im curious to see if the audience there would feel the same way.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If Nintendo decides to attend this years E3 and have another traditional conference then i wonder how the audience would react to seeing Pacman (if the rumor does end up true) revealed in a new trailer shown for the game. I'd actually be happy to see the packster join the roster, but im curious to see if the audience there would feel the same way.
Judging by the way Smashboards is, a Pacman reveal would be pretty mixed. Some would be excited but most seem to think he is a little uninspiring. I can't see Pacman generating as much hype as Mega Man or Sonic. The only characters that would seem to generate that much hype are Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool or some other newcomer that is both unexpected and amazing.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Besides I'm sure the big deal at E3 2014 will be Zelda U.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Judging by the way Smashboards is, a Pacman reveal would be pretty mixed. Some would be excited but most seem to think he is a little uninspiring. I can't see Pacman generating as much hype as Mega Man or Sonic. The only characters that would seem to generate that much hype are Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool or some other newcomer that is both unexpected and amazing.
But if the rumor ends up true, the trailer could also potentially show Little Mac as a new character and that would create some good hype.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Pacman reveal wouldn't be anywhere near the same amount of hype as Megaman or Snake. Many people will be happy, but many people will be disappointed because nobody really cares about Pac-Man anymore.

Pac-Man will forever be a gaming icon, but he doesn't have a massive, dedicated following like Snake or Megaman among the kind of people who care enough to attend or watch E3.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Pacman reveal wouldn't be anywhere near the same amount of hype as Megaman or Snake. Many people will be happy, but many people will be disappointed because nobody really cares about Pac-Man anymore.

Pac-Man will forever be a gaming icon, but he doesn't have a massive, dedicated following like Snake or Megaman among the kind of people who care enough to attend or watch E3.
That's how I feel.
I would actually be a little embarrassed for both Nintendo and Pac-Man if Nintendo revealed him hoping that it would cause crazy hype.
Because in reality it will not.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
But if the rumor ends up true, the trailer could also potentially show Little Mac as a new character and that would create some good hype.
That rumor completely missed Rosalina. I'd say its credibility has fallen about as far as possible by this point.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
No not really, perhaps the other leaky half was meant for E3 2014.
That would be a complete waste of a Smash Bros announcement imo.
Mii and Pac-Man would cause tons of backlash and ridicule across the Internet.
Little Mac would be great, but ultimately buried under Mii and Pac-Man.
Why go with Mii and Pac-Man when you could go with K. Rool, Dixie, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac (I fully expect Little Mac to be revealed around E3 actually), and Mewtwo (same as LM)?
So yeah, it'd be a fatal mistake.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
No not r
eally, perhaps the other leaky half was meant for E3 2014.
A gap of an entire year is hardly a small detail, don't you think? The predictions were very specifically for E3 2013.

WFT would have been a very unlikely guess, but still a possible guess, and the excuse that the leaker just saw characters well along in development now flies completely out the window given a character he did not predict was the next announced.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It may not be a fatal miskate once you see the gameplay and what Pacster and Mii actually do.
Besides when would Sakurai be aware of the Internet when they always complain about a newcomer.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
A gap of an entire year is hardly a small detail, don't you think? The predictions were very specifically for E3 2013.

WFT would have been a very unlikely guess, but still a possible guess, and the excuse that the leaker just saw characters well along in development now flies completely out the window given a character he did not predict was the next announced.
Except Rosalina would not be an announcement for E3 2013. The rumor is that the characters would be revealed at E3, not that these are the only newcomers in the game. So Rosalina's reveal is irrelevant to the leak's credibility. Only thing that discredits it is that the other half were not revealed yet.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
anymore juicy rumours?
or has this thread become one of smashboards classic "forget what the topic is and argue about characters" topic

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Except Rosalina would not be an announcement for E3 2013. The rumor is that the characters would be revealed at E3, not that these are the only newcomers in the game. So Rosalina's reveal is irrelevant to the leak's credibility. Only thing that discredits it is that the other half were not revealed yet.
Rosalina is not irrelevant. One possible explanation people advanced for the leak's failed predictions was that the leaker had seen characters in development and assumed they would be revealed at E3. Rosalina, the next character in the pipeline to be revealed and therefore likely the next most polished release by the time of E3, was not on the leaker's list.

Rosalina does not discredit the leak, but she does call into serious question one of the frequently offered explanations for why the leaker erred on half his predictions.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
anymore juicy rumours?
or has this thread become one of smashboards classic "forget what the topic is and argue about characters" topic
There hasn't been a nice greasy rumor or leak in a while now, unfortunately. Maybe in 2014 the leakers will mysteriously learn more about the game.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Little Mac would be great, but ultimately buried under Mii and Pac-Man.-45 characters roster
Why go with Mii and Pac-Man when you could go with K. Rool, Dixie, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac (I fully expect Little Mac to be revealed around E3 actually), and Mewtwo (same as LM)?
unless sadly those other characters aren't in the game at all... also i do believe, if the leak is true, sakurai was choosing 3 characters out of 6 they had ready to go and he choose to get WFT out of the way while also showing megaman and villager (sorry to sound harsh to any WFT fans but she caused a backlash) to soften the blow. the other 3 might not be NEXT E3, or they very well could be, but i still think he was just choosing from a pool of revealable and now that they didnt get picked for the E3 reveal we could see them revealed at any point.

i dont expect a big roster here. i expect cuts as well. and so far if that leak was true (its the only leak i think probably is) we have WFT, Megaman, Villager, Little Mac, Mii, Pac-Man, and Rosalina. thats 7 newcomers.

again im only expecting a 40 or optimistically 45 character roster, counting things like sheik, zero suit samus, and the multiple pokemon as the separate character spots it'll probably be a "technically" 45 character roster or something but actually only 40 spots. That said, to get even a couple more newcomers there is going to have to be cuts, which im fine with, but might not be how sakurai goes. If sakurai doesnt make cuts then im only expecting MAYBE 2 or 3 other newcomers beyond those 7, and this is regardless of roy or mewtwo returning "counting" as a newcomer they do still count as a character spot so they still take a newcomer "place" in a small roster with little or no cuts.

not trying to be pessimistic but if you choose to believe the little-pac-mii leak keep in mind that means 7 newcomers have been revealed and if your like me expecting a realistic sized roster that might not be many more left, not that say dixie/k rool/ridley/palutena couldnt be on there but that would certainly mean cuts and thats basically the entire roster right there. so even though those characters seem "likely" at this point, believing the leak means tightening the roster so talking about them like they are guaranteed actually isn't the case at all.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Little Mac would be great, but ultimately buried under Mii and Pac-Man.
I don't even want Mii or Pac Man nor do I follow the rumor but-
Mii's are really popular with casuals/known by essentialy everyone. Pac Man is really popular among old people/retro gamers/known by essentially everyone. Little Mac is popular among gamers and highly requested by the Smash Fanbase. How is hitting 3 major demographics (one of which is in fact the Smash demographic) at the most high profile gaming event of the year a fatal mistake? Don't complain just because all 3 aren't aimed at you. Character's like Ridley and K. Rool can be announced in other places like directs since the people who want them will already be watching those but other people probably won't. From my experience news from E3 tends to shockwave itself even to people who don't normally watch gaming news so it's the perfect time to hit as many demographics as possible, which is exactly what they did last year. Wii fit-Nongamers Megaman-Gamers Villager-Casual gamers/gamers, they hit a lot of bases. Also the Wii Fit trainer ended up increasing the hype rather than diminishing it and certainly didn't ruin the Megaman announcement. Also also if there's one thing the Smash community has proven several times it's that they will gravitate to anything that has a solid play style even if they were totally opposed to that character before they got a gameplay trailer.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The only people connecting Rosalina to the E3 leak are those thinking incredibly linearly, or who are desperate for it to be false anyway so that nasty old Pac-Man can fade back into being an anachronism in denial.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Rosalina is not irrelevant. One possible explanation people advanced for the leak's failed predictions was that the leaker had seen characters in development and assumed they would be revealed at E3. Rosalina, the next character in the pipeline to be revealed and therefore likely the next most polished release by the time of E3, was not on the leaker's list.
A good point, but my thinking on the rumor, should it be true, is that the six characters were the ones being considered for being revealed at E3 2013 and that's how he knew about them. Rosalina would not have been revealed at E3, so that leaves us two possibilities.

A. He didn't know about Rosalina, as she wouldn't have been one of the characters at E3.
B. He knew about Rosalina, but as she wasn't going to be revealed at E3, it was irrelevant to the topic at hand and was excluded.

And yes, it's safe to say that there was no chance that Rosalina would have been revealed before Peach or even Luigi. So why have the info for her at E3 when she wasn't on the table. That is why her reveal means nothing for the validity of the rumor.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
So why would characters with near-complete CGI trailers have their reveals pushed back over six months and counting while another newcomer slipped in undetected by the leaker?

It just doesn't add up.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
So why would characters with near-complete CGI trailers have their reveals pushed back over six months and counting while another newcomer slipped in undetected by the leaker?

It just doesn't add up.
On the contrary, it makes perfect sense. They were obviously saved for a later date where they can be showcased and bring hype for the game. Rosalina's trailer just recently gave us a lot of hype. Maybe we'll get a newcomer in an upcoming January Direct. Or perhaps we'll see one at GDC. Nintendo has plenty of opportunity to hype the game in the coming months up to release. Why play all their cards now when some would be more useful down the road?

Oh, and for the second part of your question, I already discussed that in my post.

A. He didn't know about Rosalina, as she wouldn't have been one of the characters at E3.
B. He knew about Rosalina, but as she wasn't going to be revealed at E3, it was irrelevant to the topic at hand and was excluded.

And yes, it's safe to say that there was no chance that Rosalina would have been revealed before Peach or even Luigi. So why have the info for her at E3 when she wasn't on the table. That is why her reveal means nothing for the validity of the rumor.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

It just doesn't add up.
By this logic, each character's CGI trailer would be revealed in close proximity to its completion, and all leakers would leak the entire rosters of the games they're leaking. That most certainly doesn't add up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom