• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people seem doubtful, and understandably so.

I, however, have a strong, strong feeling that these are legit.

In any case, I think we will indeed be seeing an official Mewtwo reveal very soon! :mewtwomelee:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Plot Twist - Sakurai leaked his own pics and made the real dojo pics lackluster, aiming to create hype for a Pokemon reveal in a 'clever' way.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
This is a very convincing picture....but how would this get leaked? This completely came out of the blue. At least with the Pokemon X and Y leaks, we knew it was released earlier....hmm...I'm leaning more towards real, but damn!
Scenario: Since Mewtwo skipped out on Brawl, Nintendo might be, for PR purposes, treating him like a new character rather than a veteran. Since new characters get trailers, perhaps this is a part of the trailer for Mewtwo and it was shown early to a focus group before it's public showing for the release of XY. Someone snaps a few pics with their cell phone, throws them online.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Since new characters get trailers, perhaps this is a part of the trailer for Mewtwo and it was shown early to a focus group before it's public showing for the release of XY. Someone snaps a few pics with their cell phone, throws them online.
But, none of the newcomer trailers show % damage at the bottom of the screen... do they? It didn't for Sonic's, at least, and his is the most recent.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
The only hope for these pictures to be from a trailer is if Sakurai randomly decides to include them. Maybe it's just some dude from Nintendo/Namco watching Sakurai play Smash while snapping photos. Knowing this, I'm starting to steer towards these photos being a hoax. But Mewtwo should be in.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
One last thing I've noticed: The Pikachu from the "leak" has a front arm out more toward the head. The Pikachu from the dojo has it's arm out more toward the camera. That seems to be the sort of small, cosmetic change that Sakurai could have made during development. Also, it makes me think that that Pikachu is not the one from the dojo

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
But, none of the newcomer trailers show % damage at the bottom of the screen... do they? It didn't for Sonic's, at least, and his is the most recent.
Well, these wouldn't be pictures from the trailer (if he even gets one) but more so from internal testing or making the footage for a trailer if anything.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Both pictures are very elaborate, well made fakes, but both Dr. Wily's Castle and Battlefield images could be found from the press section of Nintendo's website.

The stage angles are much too pixel perfect. I would say the font discrepancies were a simple oversight on the artist's part, and Pikachu is clearly seen in the same pose with the same angle, albeit with lighting and size distortion. 9/10, minor details need work.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Exactly. The fact that the battlefield picture is exactly the same with different lighting is pretty obvious if you look at it carefully enough. The clouds and the flags are in the exact same position.

I don't know why it's even still being talked about, I thought the general consensus was that it was fake.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I thought I said the leaker is just riding the waves of exposed stuff from X/Y. That's probably the only reason it's more believable than it normally would be. People are thirsty for it being real.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So I don't have to worry about ****** Mewtwo...?
If Mega Mewtwo Y is in as a Final Smash or w/e, then you still have to worry, since it's quite a lot smaller than the regular Mewtwo, which would make him a ****** by Smash standards.

Morbi

Scavenger
I thought I said the leaker is just riding the waves of exposed stuff from X/Y. That's probably the only reason it's more believable than it normally would be. People are thirsty for it being real.
Almost every comment is in regards to it being fake. Did you even read the posts? People are not "thirsty" for it to be real.

Morbi

Scavenger
Not all and have you checked other threads?
No. This is the only leak thread that I check. I didn't even know that there were others. Regardless, nobody thinks it is real in this thread. People are still trying to break down the images in their entirety. They know it is fake, they are just trying to find something new to prove that it is fake. It seems like we are going for "beyond a reasonable doubt" as opposed to "preponderance of the evidence".

TreK

Is "that guy"
A French guy made this:

It's obviously a fake. I thought I'd let you guys know in case it does get viral.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A French guy made this:

It's obviously a fake. I thought I'd let you guys know in case it does get viral.
****. My heart just jumped. Either way, not feeling bad, looks like its eyes are melting, and its mouth is a bit jagged up too.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Considering he put a relatively boring picture up I'm expecting seductive WFT to be changed with less seductive Pokemon sometime soon anyway.

Fingers crossed for Mewtwo's return.

But he could also just show off a new Pokemon item or pokeballs...

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
That's a little paranoid, isn't it? "oh no what if sakurai somehow forgets to update the site he's been updating for the past four months????? o':" I am ********

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom