• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A French guy made this:

It's obviously a fake. I thought I'd let you guys know in case it does get viral.
You can see Mario's hand in the screen (and then Mario himself in the screen in the screen). It's not really that well done, but boy people would've fallen for it earlier. :rolleyes:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Seriously, I want Jigglypuff to be more legit than Mewtwo at this point. It makes too much sense to reveal her now that we already have Luigi. If Sakurai actually acknowledges her Fairy retyping and gives her some new Fairy moves than I'll be freaking happy.

Too bad that Miiverse shot is forged, but we'll see tomorrow. I checked the Dojo after I saw the picture and we get nothing. Some inconsistencies are that the post is translated into English while the Yeah button is French and Jigglypuff's eyes have a slumpy render. I dunno about the typo on 'balloon', since I've seen some respected game designers have their staff translate some broken Engrish posts on social media. Keyword: translate.

You can see Mario's hand in the screen (and then Mario himself in the screen in the screen). It's not really that well done, but boy people would've fallen for it earlier. :rolleyes:
I can't find Mario anywhere. Can you point it out please?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It looked pretty convincing, but the polygons on the mouth and the slightly bad texturing on the ears convinces me it's from Brawl.
Now I can already imagine Jigglypuff in full polygon.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I noticed the pixelation/anti-aliasing around Jigglypuff's mouth. I thought her ears were flopping with her movement, though. Never once noticed that in Brawl (maybe because it's not there.)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
There is also the shadow underneath Jigglypuff. Yeah, this pic has pretty much been debunked to death today. (Not that the fact Teneban stating that it was fake didn't already do so)

Groose

Smash Champion
My eyes aren't what they used to be. I didn't notice Mario's hand.

What I did notice was the shadow. Always the hardest part to fake... and this guy didn't even try.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Not to mention that Jigglypuff is still using its Brawl palette (remember, Smash 4 is more targeting primary colors). Chances are the real Jigglypuff will be a MUCH bolder pink this time around.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Next time I stumble upon a fake I'll put a big old "THIS IS FAKE" red opaque watermark all over it before posting it here because people can't read xD

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
A bit late, but I found these online...

Definitely this model was used for the picture...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
A French guy made this:

It's obviously a fake. I thought I'd let you guys know in case it does get viral.
Saw that on the Jigglypuff thread earlier and it made me jump, thought it was real for a just a few seconds.

It actually looks real at first glance, but it doesn't take long to deduce that it is fake.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They left PAINT on :joyful:
Gotta say, while the thing is obviously fake, I'm incredibly impressed if this was made in Paint. Poor souls.

Edit: Nvm, was probably used to blank out the address. Which is what gives it away imo, if it was a leak, why blank out the address?

Smur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4141-3292-3562
Have any rumors besides the WFT, Villager, Megaman and Pacman/Little Mac/Mii "guess" been confirmed? I feel like this thread is a lost cause :p

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
why would anyone fake a picture that is supposedly on the official site?? like if that pic of ness was real than it would be on the site but its not

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Have any rumors besides the WFT, Villager, Megaman and Pacman/Little Mac "guess" been confirmed? I feel like this thread is a lost cause :p
It'll serve its purpose once we get closer to release.

D

Deleted member

Something a friend of mine (BluePikmin11) found on reddit. Possible leak, or total fake?
It's fake. How in the world would they get access to a page like this? Not only that, but the background color is the same as on Mega Man's page. But, I'll admit that they did a pretty good job at creating the page.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
What's the point of faking a picture of Ness? He's pretty much confirmed to be in the game anyway. Even if this specific picture is fake, Ness is still going to be in the game. It's just not as interesting as Mewtwo fakes or whatnot.

FabulousDancer

Smash Rookie
It's fake. How in the world would they get access to a page like this? Not only that, but the background color is the same as on Mega Man's page. But, I'll admit that they did a pretty good job at creating the page.
2013-10-20_1346.png

Oddly enough, the background color is slightly different.
The story behind it was that a NoA translator had a non-active page for work purposes and decided to leak it. But why Ness out of everyone? It just doesn't make sense from a timeframe standpoint.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 3427

Oddly enough, the background color is slightly different.
The story behind it was that a NoA translator had a non-active page for work purposes and decided to leak it. But why Ness out of everyone? It just doesn't make sense from a timeframe standpoint.
Oh. Well, the shades of blue look very similar...
That seems rather strange and kinda fishy if you ask me. And I agree that it seems rather odd that Ness would be leaked and not a character like Mewtwo or Little Mac for example.
Has there ever been leaks like this during Pre-Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom