• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm not going to believe Mewtwo's inclusion until I truly see it with my eyes. These pics are extremely plausible however. If we were to get another character confirmed for Pokemon X and Y's release, it would be Mewtwo... hopefully we will see something this week.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Wow, I'm almost convinced. Let's see on Friday...

$10 says Sakurai won'y do anything :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, I'm almost convinced. Let's see on Friday...

$10 says Sakurai won'y do anything :troll:

Wanna make that transaction by Paypal or in person?

D

Deleted member

Despite not believing these images, I'd love for Mewtwo to look like he does in that mugshot, always liked when Mewtwo's head was big (not chibi big, but Melee big.)

However, this last image here is so desperate. Why in the name of all living things only show an image of the HUD? Oh yeah, because that's what the faker had already made. Logically, if you want to leak something, then leak it bigtime and get a picture of him fighting and everything, don't leak stuff in a half-***** way like this. Leak a lot or don't leak anything, as a leaker it isn't your job to tease, and there's no gain from it anyways, so yeah, fake.
...Mewtwo is in the shot.
Look to the far left.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
The font is so badly incorrect that it hurts. Were they even trying?

Same guy making fakes or is it legit? The Mewtwo size difference could merely be a camera angle -that follows suit for the whole shot. And the font is the same as the previous "leak" so it could be the same guy. I want them to be real, sorry for my childish optimism ^ ^

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy

Left image shows zoom in of Mewtwos leg.
Right shows (in order) E3 Megaman HUD with same number, leak #1 and leak #2

Speculate away. Because we love it.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Yep, either master hacker, or some guy's cousin ACTUALLY works at Namco for once :troll:

EDIT: Can I have the link to the source of the pictures?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Thats a animation of Mewtwo being hit obviously i mean mewtwo would not walk and levitate

And for the picture either someone who works for namco or nintendo taking pictures or the best fake picture maker i've ever seen well if mewtwo is the revealed pokemon we can compare the mugshot with his head on the website

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Thats a animation of Mewtwo being hit obviously i mean mewtwo would not walk and levitate

And for the picture either someone who works for namco or nintendo taking pictures or the best fake picture maker i've ever seen well if mewtwo is the revealed pokemon we can compare the mugshot with his head on the website

That is, of course, if Mewtwo is indeed revealed this week. If we get Jigglypuff, Red or Lucario, I may begin to doubt it, but not much. I'll look into this rumor or leak and see if we have an honest leak. If so, do you think Sakurai's going to find out? Will somebody get arrested like in the B/W days?

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Fake or not... thanks for all this hype , mr.ProbablyHacker

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I believe this is an actual leak. I think we'll see Mewtwo's confirmation in a few days.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I'm not buying it.

The biggest thing I see is..well...the transparent HUD....why is it transparent? It's not blocking any fighter on the stage. In Brawl, it would only be transparent if a fighter ended up behind the HUD while the camera was zoomed in.

I want Mewtwo to rejoin Smash, and I think he will be back. But...this is fake and just an attempt to hype us up for the inevitable, and if not that, disappointment.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Golden's right, upon looking closer at that Mewtwo render, that's a different image than the one on the last page.

D

Deleted member

That font difference between the E3 vid and these supposed leaked images is rather alarming.
My money's on fake. (Not real money, so don't ask)

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
It's either that Mewtwo,Red,Purin or Lucario are gonna be announced this week. I'm expecting Mewtwo since he's probably the most populair and out of all these characters he's the closest to the 6th gen,being the first pokemon known to have a mega evolution.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
If this is real, it's interesting to see how the moving platforms can act on this stage (maybe it has been shown before and I just missed it?). The last "leaked" picture shows the platform fixed in a position connected to the main platforms left edge, thus making the stage into one broad field for a while. I assumed the platforms was just gonna fly around mid air (á la animal crossing-platforms) or possibly up and down. Good to see a new take on the patern of moving platforms.

On discussed topic: My guess is worth nothing and I honestly don't care that much. I feel pretty certain mewtwo will make a comeback, regardlesss if these pics are fake or not (and I wouldnt get super dissapointed if he didnt. Sorry Morbid :cyclops:).
I will add that the pictures are damn well "made" atleast, if fake. Mostly Im just happy something pops up to get some discussion and debate going here. Most of the time it is just so little to talk about regarding smash for wiiU =(

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I'm going to throw something when they announce Jigglypuff next week.
I can see it now.. he/she'll be an exact port of their brawl self too.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
All in all, there are three websites I never trust for rumors and "leaks": 4chan, GameFAQs, and Zelda Informer. I have no knowledge of any those sites ever being correct on this kind of stuff and they're all infested with idiotic attention whores to begin with.

NeoGAF, on the other hand, you have my full attention.

But also for me, it's way too early to listen to "leaks" for a game that will be a while before release. When 2014 happens, then I'll start truly caring.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
All in all, there are three websites I never trust for rumors and "leaks": 4chan, GameFAQs, and Zelda Informer. I have no knowledge of any those sites ever being correct on this kind of stuff and they're all infested with idiotic attention *****s to begin with.

NeoGAF, on the other hand, you have my full attention.

But also for me, it's way too early to listen to "leaks" for a game that will be a while before release. When 2014 happens, then I'll start truly caring.
GameFAQs actually had a legit leaker for Brawl, can't quite remember his name, but I remember a bunch of fake accounts with the same name was made on different forums to try and mess with the community, leading to only trusting the guy from GameFAQs. 4chan and Zelda Informer has never been right before though as far as I know.

You're also right that there likely won't be any legit leaks until we cross over into 2014.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Actually with X and Y coming out it is possible pokemon info in Smash is known. it happened in brawl, serebii knew lucario/no mewtwo was happening for brawl very early tho many didn't believe it.

so it's possible that pokemon info from smash is floating around somewhere at some office because of X and Y.

These pics could be fake but they are a very good fake if they are, since mewtwo just seems likely to me anyway i wouldnt be surprised if they are real but im waiting to see... most likely we'll get a mewtwo reveal very soon if he is indeed in the game.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
I've never been so conflicted on whether to believe a leak or not.

On one hand, there is definitely evidence that he images are fake, but on the other hand, I really want to see Mewtwo return, and these could be the real deal. ~

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
It's either real or an incredibly dedicated troll. As in, "I'm going to spend hours staring at and analysing an image and will replicated it right down to the smallest detail to foll some people on the internet" levels of dedication. The only things that look off to me at all are the HUD not looking like it's at the right angle at all (which could easily be depth perception lying to me), the font not being near the same (which is obviously subject to change, but why the **** would they change it to that?) and the really ****ty Mewtwo model. Of course I'm not a master analyzer so meh

edit: in regards to the Pikachu image however; it's not the same image from his page. The shading is completely different from the one on the site.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Everytime I see a leak from a game just as secretively kept as Smash Bros, I feel like facepalming. One can't simply keep these kind of things airtight in the place where they should be? And especially from 4chan?

Anyway, looks to be fake to me- one can simply add stuff to a screenshot from an existing video...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Both are likely to be fake pictures but definatly without a doubt doesn't deconfirm mewtwo

Besides it's possible mewtwo can get a special case big tome because of x and y and for not making it in brawl (special case due to mewtwo oviously being unlockable again)

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Well

Why does this matter anyway again? Mewtwo is pretty much a shoo in so the only thing to even discuss is that model.

Which just for the record I really hope isn't real because it looks awful uuggghhhh

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Yeah, but this seems like something that could easily be changed during development. Font changes. Little cosmetic details. These things change. That Megaman picture is pretty old, by now. Also, I could totally see them switching to that new font for the percetiles. That thick "43" would be harder to read than the new font for the numbers, especially in the heat of battle.

Like this:

The new font for the "23%" for Mewtwo would be easier to read than the thicker 23% under Megaman. I could totally see Sakurai making that cosmetic change. I'm calling this a real leak, imo

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking this screen is a very good fake. Only because Sakurai's twitter didn't mention decapitating anyone as an example to future leakers.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
This is a very convincing picture....but how would this get leaked? This completely came out of the blue. At least with the Pokemon X and Y leaks, we knew it was released earlier....hmm...I'm leaning more towards real, but damn!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
To be honest I take every leak as fake by default. That's because I don't understand what could possibly push a developer to leak any random information to the public only to risk his job. I can understand a journalist or something like that which for some reason gets in touch with the game for example (probably what happened with Lucario and Serebii during Brawl development), but not someone who's working on the project. It simply doesn't make any sense. Just think: would you risk your position just for the rush of being a random guy on the internet sharing random info which shouldn't be public? I don't think so.

So, I don't believe either of those pictures. I would've if they were placed in a new stage or at least someone more complicated to photoshop than Wily's Castle or Battlefield. Surprisingly, they're the most basic stages revealed so far. Probably it was easier for the "leaker" to mess with pictures of them and put Mewtwo in it.

That said, I'm convinced Mewtwo is in the game and I'm almost sure it will be revealed this Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom