• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Come now. Really?

I will give the picture this, though, I really hope Mewtwo has that awesome blue Psychic effect around him like s/he did in the Genesect movie. That's something I've been hoping since the beginning. Constantly emanating this raw Psychic power from his body... It's great.
Yh it looks awsome.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy

Well guys, take a look at this badboy. I thought it was fake at first, but after careful analysis and magnifying glasses, threes more to this than meets the eye.

Little stage divots and broken walls on the back of the Battlefield match up, surprisingly. The background pieces also are eerily similar. Pikachus model is accurate and the HUD is really similar. If someone did fake this, i give them kudos, because whether they photo-shopped it or hacked brawl, it would of taken alot of work. Oh and the Battlefield in the bottom right was the closest i found in terms of time of day and angle of camera. Really similar.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Well guys, take a look at this badboy. I thought it was fake at first, but after careful analysis and magnifying glasses, threes more to this than meets the eye.

Little stage divots and broken walls on the back of the Battlefield match us, surprisingly. The backgroundpieces also are eerily similar. Pikachus model is accurate and the HUD is really similar. If someone did fake this, i give them kudos, because whether they photo-shopped it or hacked brawl, it would of taken alot of work. Oh and the Battlefield in the bottom right was the closest i found in terms of time of day and angle of camera. Really similar.
Well done with research by the way if it is real mewtwo is in final smash form because in his character box thats the classic mewtwo head

I just hope mewtwos mega form is not that poor of a design if real but probably beta development of mewtwos body if real

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Well done with research by the way if it is real mewtwo is in final smash form because in his character box thats the classic mewtwo head

I just hope mewtwos mega form is not that poor of a design if real but probably beta development of mewtwos body if real

Good point. The whole darkening of the stages foreground and background also gives way to that idea.

Alzi

Smash Master
To be honest I think the whole darkening was done in the first place to easily fake the image. Also how around the t.v is just black kinda gives it away too. Also in the mario vs megaman vid there is a certain point where you see mario at 14%. I believe this person just used a range of images he could get and mixed them up in a way to seem real. If I was doing this fake I would have used a pikachu image from one of the pic of the days rather than an image that is visible on the pikachu page. As many people would have forgotten about all the poses pikachu is seen doing in the pic of the days where as on the pikachu page it is always there.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
If this is real maybe we will expect Mewtwo for the next character reveal near the launch of Pokemon X and Y.
.n_n.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
To be honest I think the whole darkening was done in the first place to easily fake the image. Also how around the t.v is just black kinda gives it away too. Also in the mario vs megaman vid there is a certain point where you see mario at 14%. I believe this person just used a range of images he could get and mixed them up in a way to seem real. If I was doing this fake I would have used a pikachu image from one of the pic of the days rather than an image that is visible on the pikachu page. As many people would have forgotten about all the poses pikachu is seen doing in the pic of the days where as on the pikachu page it is always there.

I admit the Pikachu from the dojo does throw it off, but the image flows very nicely, no obvious edits or even a touch of evidence suggesting a cut and paste, but the resolution doesn't help that argument. I did think it was fake beforehand too, but its either edited really ****in well or fake. Fun to speculate though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If this is real maybe we will expect Mewtwo for the next character reveal near the launch of Pokemon X and Y.
.n_n.
Agreed if its not a fake picture of mewtwo using his final smash (his mega form)mits a no brainer he will be the winner of which pokemon is going to present for pokemon x and y

By the way if he is the one i will know if the picture is a fraud or not i see his head in the box if his character stance head area matches the picture its real

Ps the darken background can simply be because of mewtwo in form mode i mean i believe ROBs final smash kept the background screen dark u till his final smash ended (i think)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I say it's definitely fake. Looking at LackadaisyAlax's photo, the "4" found on Pikachu's 14% and Mega Mans 43% are completely different (in fact, the entire font is wrong) and the font on the characters' name look slightly different.

And I'm doubting Sakurai has changed the HUD this early on (and I hope not as I really like how it originally looked).

So I say fake.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
See what i found searching in the internet:

The picture of the right looks exactly as the head that is showing in the pic. Looks to be fake.

.n_n.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Time'll tell of course. I just wanted to get a good comparison picture going to see what ya'll think. I initially wanted to debunk that is was a Brawl hack but it's a fair guess to say it's fake, but it's also fair to say it's true. Pick your poison really. I'll stick to my guns and risk looking foolish.

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
I say that it is fake. The images at first look surprisingly real, but I thought of this as a little "spot the difference" game.

1. The text is different on Pikachu & Mewtwo when compared to Mario and Megaman
2. The window in the first picture has four panels. Not two like the actual game.
3. The islands in the second image aren't in the first one.

This could be real, but then again, the game isn't finished just yet and is still on development for both the 3DS and the Wii U.

D

Deleted member

It's likely fake, but the figure image and the icon image do not match.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The image with Mewtwo seems to lack the floating islands in the backround and some of the other backround areas on the left side.

The font for the damage percentage seem to be different too, and the same goes for the name fonts.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Looks a lot like that Mega Mewtwo Y model that's on Brawl Vault, it's kind of given away by the jagged up head-tail's end, which is very common for that model too. Not to mention that Pikachu looks directly ripped from one of the pictures on the Dojo. Furthermore, I don't see why any insider at Namco would take such a bad quality photo and leak it, gotta think of the situation where someone would take a picture like this too. A minor thing is that I can neither see a time counter or stocks either, but if it's taken from intern testing then it could simply be a debug mode.

It's a well made picture, but I don't believe it. Not that it affects Mewtwo if it's fake or not, he's in anyways, but I'm still not expecting to see him this friday.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
See what i found searching in the internet:

The picture of the right looks exactly as the head that is showing in the pic. Looks to be fake.

.n_n.
Yep the head on the mewtwo character box matches the one on the right very commenced that its fake now

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Ummm... I know that the image is fake, but this action figure photo and the picture used for the render shot are not nearly the same image. Just because they use similar angles does not mean that they're from the same source. Just look at them.

Steelia

Smash Champion
The font is so badly incorrect that it hurts. Were they even trying?
This was my first thought. But how long has it been since we've seen a video with gameplay % for SSB4? Months, at least? There were early pictures of Pokemon X & Y that surfaces that people screamed fake, due to the font style being different from early images. But it turns out that Game Freak changed the font style later on in development.

I'm still not a believer of these either, just pointing out font changes are totally possible this far into development. (Tried looking at Sonic's reveal video, but they don't have the character damage on.)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I can't get past the fact that Mewtwo's mugshot is a LOT wider than Luigi's. Shouldn't they be... you know... exactly the same size?

And why the transparency of the HUD? It wasn't transparent in the Mario VS Megaman fight.

Looks fake to me.

Morbi

Scavenger
The different sizes of the images mixed with the different font style in the SAME picture lead me to the conclusion that the image is fake.

Edit: How did I say anything to imply that I believe it. I blatantly disregarded the validity of the image multiple times. If you are referring to the notion that I WANT the image to be real. You would be correct. I do want Mewtwo to be in the game. Who doesn't?

Shroob

Sup?
The different sizes of the images mixed with the different font style in the SAME picture lead me to the conclusion that the image is fake.

Edit: How did I say anything to imply that I believe it. I blatantly disregarded the validity of the image multiple times. If you are referring to the notion that I WANT the image to be real. You would be correct. I do want Mewtwo to be in the game. Who doesn't?
Well, you liked my post when I looked at it and thought it was real. :laugh:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

me

Morbi

Scavenger
ill live if he is, ive just never cared for mewtwo
Yeah. I can see that, he was one of my mains in Melee, so I would be ecstatic to see him back. It is my fault. I should not have used the hasty generalization fallacy. It is good to see someone with a different opinion. I had not even considered that Mewtwo would be a passive character for some. I also like your Username. It is sick.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Despite not believing these images, I'd love for Mewtwo to look like he does in that mugshot, always liked when Mewtwo's head was big (not chibi big, but Melee big.)

However, this last image here is so desperate. Why in the name of all living things only show an image of the HUD? Oh yeah, because that's what the faker had already made. Logically, if you want to leak something, then leak it bigtime and get a picture of him fighting and everything, don't leak stuff in a half-assed way like this. Leak a lot or don't leak anything, as a leaker it isn't your job to tease, and there's no gain from it anyways, so yeah, fake.

Morbi

Scavenger
Despite not believing these images, I'd love for Mewtwo to look like he does in that mugshot, always liked when Mewtwo's head was big (not chibi big, but Melee big.)

However, this last image here is so desperate. Why in the name of all living things only show an image of the HUD? Oh yeah, because that's what the faker had already made. Logically, if you want to leak something, then leak it bigtime and get a picture of him fighting and everything, don't leak stuff in a half-***** way like this. Leak a lot or don't leak anything, as a leaker it isn't your job to tease, and there's no gain from it anyways, so yeah, fake.
I had not really thought about it that way. If you put it like that, you would have to be correct. I was already convinced it was fake. This gave me a little less of an arbitrary reason though.

Tony_

Smash Ace
The First Mewtwo image looks photoshopped as hell.

The second Mewtwo image looks off too. Mewtwo is really far out in comparison to Luigi there in the UI. Even more so than Mario and Mega Man are.

I sooooo want this to be real because I want Mewtwo to be back in Smash 4 but these look really really fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom