• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I've also noticed that the EarthBound symbol doesn't look very detailed like it is in the games.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If anyone wants to fool me with a fake, don't disguise it as a "page" from a very common website that I can reach in a few clicks with absolutely zero problems, especially an official website that only higher-ups can edit.

FabulousDancer

Smash Rookie
If anyone wants to fool me with a fake, don't disguise it as a "page" from a very common website that I can reach in a few clicks with absolutely zero problems, especially an official website that only higher-ups can edit.
That's not what he was claiming, but still...not a bright idea.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
That Ness model is great, though. It got me pretty hyped to see what Ness will actually look like in this game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yah its most likely fake but boy does Ness look awesome. I hope once he is officially revealed that he will look something like that or better.

Can't wait to see Ness, my Smash 64 main (and Melee and Brawl secondary) again. :)

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
If I was a couple years younger, I probably would've been fooled.

I still think that model is pretty sweet, but I don't get why they chose Ness to make a fake leak out of. :p I think pretty much everybody is expecting him to return.

Croco

Smash Lord
The emblem looks inverted. This looks legit. Very hard to fake something like this unless the person went out of their way to make a high res model and pose him perfectly. He is in his peace sign pose from Earthbound/Mother 2 is also a great touch. I'm going to go with it being real. If it isn't.. I am very impressed.

They left PAINT on :joyful:

Maybe they left it on so they can hide the url as shown in the picture.

I honestly can't tell if it's fake or not. Hell a lot of people thought the Brawl disk was fake, turned out it wasn't. A lot of people thought the first fully playable Brawl demonstration was fake when they selected Link for classic mode and showed no gameplay; it wasn't. People thought ROB being in Brawl was fake, and surprise-surprise, it wasn't. I've seen this **** way too many times just to turn a blind eye to it.

Croco

Smash Lord
Also to answer your question, yes there were. Some were even leaked on accident by Nintendo themselves. The whole disk was leaked about a month before it came out anywhere.
Ness, lucario, and jiggilypuff were leaked by the dojos screen shot of the sticker book.
I recall people freaking out before the leak that ness wasn't going to make it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ness, lucario, and jiggilypuff were leaked by the dojos screen shot of the sticker book.
I recall people freaking out before the leak that ness wasn't going to make it.
Actually, it was a small promotional video that accidentally leaked Ness, Lucario and Jigglypuff, and it was taken down in a very short amount of time once it went up, but not before Brawl Central and other places got to snatch it first.

The Ness freakout came from a mistranslation on the english version of the update that showcased Lucas' moves, saying "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar." This send people into panic of course, but I think it was found out that the Japanese text stated something else.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think Bluepikmin is well aware that it's fake, just if that link he posted is the original source. Guess it was an edited page of Sonic.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
lol that Paint icon. :rotfl:
Its a very convincing fake, now if Ness looked like that in the game...

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
If this leak were to be real, the only thing that would confuse me is how this person got the leak.

Sakurai decided to be smart and only add new character pages when they're revealed so if you tried to get onto Ness's page via /characters/ness, you wouldn't find anything. It would be quite the mystery o:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
http://i.imgur.com/yf1HXBg.png

This is from the source code of the link linked above. The site isn't set up in the usual manner for one thing, with having the character's render as a seperate png image, but the obvious Imgur upload just gives it away. Plus, it has exactly the same background as the Sonic site. Good fake, but it isn't real.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
http://i.imgur.com/yf1HXBg.png

This is from the source code of the link linked above. The site isn't set up in the usual manner for one thing, with having the character's render as a seperate png image, but the obvious Imgur upload just gives it away. Plus, it has exactly the same background as the Sonic site. Good fake, but it isn't real.

Looking at it, there sure is some rough edges on your photo, now that it's up close...

I'm personally going to wait. It seems very convincing (coming from the guy who believed and then "deconfirmed" the Mewtwo leak) but it doesn't seem right. Of course, the story's more believable than most (no more Namco cousins, yay), yet the Paint and the link to the Sonic site isn't too convincing.

Shroob

Sup?
Am I the only one who doesn't think it looks as much like a model as it does a picture made in Photoshop? I've seen plenty of images like this from the speculation days of Brawl.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
DANG.. That Ness!

It's probably fake *sob* but it looks great!

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Well here's something for the ol rumor board I suppose I don't know how much credit you can give newegg or anything but they've got the release date listed for May 16 2014.

Here's the article I came across talking about it http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/21/smash-bros-release-date-for-wii-u-and-3ds-could-be-may-16-2014/

Now I'll take it with a grain of salt myself as I don't think a computer parts store is a reliable source. But oh to dream lol.

And here's the actual page on Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190363

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Well here's something for the ol rumor board I suppose I don't know how much credit you can give newegg or anything but they've got the release date listed for May 16 2014.

Here's the article I came across talking about it http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/21/smash-bros-release-date-for-wii-u-and-3ds-could-be-may-16-2014/

Now I'll take it with a grain of salt myself as I don't think a computer parts store is a reliable source. But oh to dream lol.

And here's the actual page on Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190363

Mynintendonews is a bit late.

MikeHancho, posted about neweggs release date back in Jul 10, 2013. i hope its true.

D

Deleted member

Don't trust any source about a release date other than Nintendo themselves. The May 16 release date seems a bit ridiculous in my opinion and it could result in things we don't want... like a cruddy Wi-Fi mode and character cuts. Besides, that's not enough time to give the characters balance like they are aiming for.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Don't trust any source about a release date other than Nintendo themselves. The May 16 release date seems a bit ridiculous in my opinion and it could result in things we don't want... like a cruddy Wi-Fi mode and character cuts. Besides, that's not enough time to give the characters balance like they are aiming for.

Yeah like I said I'm not putting any weight in this at all. I just figured I would toss it up for kicks.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I hope the Earthbound kids look that appealing to the eye, assuming both make it back (Crossing my fingers).

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
It looks great, but he got sloppy with the shadow. It looks painted as opposed to an ambient occlusion render.

Ascended

Smash Ace
Looks fantastic and I love that it's got him doing the peace sign and holding the bat (since those were very common in EarthBound.) For those saying that the emblem is different, that doesn't mean anything as the Super Mario, Metroid, and Pokemon emblems have all been changed from Melee to Brawl.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Regarding the release date rumour. Neweggs support claims that (I'm paraphrasing): "all dates and product info comes directly from publishers. So what we see on their site is real".
This is atleast what they said when somone asked them about the Luigi Mansion WiiU they had listed (since no Luigi Mansion WiiU-title has been anounced by Nintendo). They still didn't take the product down from their site and claimed that all info comes directly from publishers (NoA in this case). A few days later best buy added the same Luigis Mansion WiiU game to their site.

Now, I still think both this and Luigi Mansion WiiU is baloney and a misstake from someone at Newegg. Just putting another log into the conspiracy fire.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well Nintendo is supposedly going to make a Direct around Halloween for, among other things, that Pokémon game which is going to be revealed around that date. It's the perfect occasion to reveal Luigi's Mansion for WiiU, if such thing exists.
If it happens, I may take Newegg's rumor a little bit more seriously, I mean aside the dreaming thing.

Alzi

Smash Master
Regarding the Ness pic I am calling a fake, just look at the shadow below him it seems off and not as consistent as what the shadows look like on other characters on the page. Pretty cool Ness model though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well Nintendo is supposedly going to make a Direct around Halloween for, among other things, that Pokémon game which is going to be revealed around that date. It's the perfect occasion to reveal Luigi's Mansion for WiiU, if such thing exists.
If it happens, I may take Newegg's rumor a little bit more seriously, I mean aside the dreaming thing.
But wouldn't that be awesome? If it happens or not however, fans will speculate until the end of Nintendo. (Whenever that is..)

Anyway, you mention a Direct sometime latter this month. Were is your score, you've got me exited now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom