• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croco

Smash Lord
I keep leaking all over.. :troll:
Anyone know where I can put these as a separate thread? Maybe I can do some request there?

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Hey all.. I made the R.O.B. fake.. which is why I put the troll face in the post.
It took me an hour to do it.
I also need to fix the color calibration in my computer monitor because he did come out too saturated.

I simply went to http://www.models-resource.com/ to download the model of ROB..
reworked the texture with some scratches.. etc.
made some normals for bumpmapping etc. with crazy bump.. http://www.crazybump.com/
used this site to upload it.. http://p3d.in

Then I used photoshop.
I grabbed Bowsers background shot.. http://www.smashbros.com/us/images/character/koopa/main.png
Reason? It has the letters ROB.. and I am not a font expert to know which font to use.
I took screen grabs from the model from http://p3d.in just body and head angle.
Grabbed his ROB icon from here and matched the color - http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Smash_Bros._(series)

Done..

Was fun to make.. and it sorta shows it can be easily done to fake the ness one. The Ness one is good though.
LOL. Props to you, man. You had me a little fooled, not gonna lie. I'd really like to see you do these in the future.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes.. It seems I have no life.. :troll:

I also could in fact be leaking these.. but you all wouldn't know that.
Note my name is based on a certain character who knows how to steal.. :shades:
haha i kid.. i kid
*clutches to my chest, feeling my heart breaking* Why can't this be real? :sadeyes::cry:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Anyone know where I can put these as a separate thread? Maybe I can do some request there?
Gooey please.
For the Ultimate Challenge: Do Abobo, from the very first Double Dragon and Abobo's Big Adventure (every other version of him is stupid).

Here is the poster you get from beating Abobo's Big Adventure:

Attachments

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Here's a few, but only if you want to do them:

-Quote (Cave Story)
-Waluigi
-Duck Hunt Dog
-Nintendog

Hoots

Can Be Combative
And can you please put them in a different thread, since this wouldn't be the appropriate one?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I love that they feel the need to point out "The first manga/anime character". LOL. :rotfl:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not really? The Starship Mario is a background cameo on this stage, which is, one, called 'Mario Galaxy,' and two, taking place in the Gateway Galaxy from the original SMG.

Sounds to me like he just gambled on the stage being the hub world from the most recent Galaxy game and fell flat, kind of like that tool from GameFAQs who guaranteed us that the next character on the website would be from Pokemon (which made sense looking at reveal dates, but was still disproven by Luigi, Peach, Toon Link, Sonic, and Marth being shown instead).

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Wow... the 4chan "leaker"'s info is all 100% incorrect now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Could we get a mod to update the thread? It needs it.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
It was technically proven as a fake before, but here's something that may or may not be significant

Look at the collar on ness's shirt here, It isn't red like in the supposed leak.
But take a look at another supposed fake

You can see that the collar is red like in the other photo, showing that it's a different model (or they just colored it red .-.)
Once again, not sure if its significant, I'm just pointing something out

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was technically proven as a fake before, but here's something that may or may not be significant

Look at the collar on ness's shirt here, It isn't red like in the supposed leak.
But take a look at another supposed fake

You can see that the collar is red like in the other photo, showing that it's a different model (or they just colored it red .-.)
Once again, not sure if its significant, I'm just pointing something out
Interesting...

You don't suppose they were made by the same guy, would you?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Copying over a Reddit post explaining why the above picture is most likely fake.

There's various things that reveal this is a fake. I made this comparison image (excuse the misspelling of the word 'very') to show what's wrong with it, but here's a write up as well:

1. Official images show a border around the model that's equally thick around everywhere - Jigg's arm and Ness' feet have borders that are less thick than the rest of their bodies.
2. Official images show that the border changes color depending on the body part they're bordering: Mario's pants has a dark blue border while his shoes have a dark brown border.
3. The shadows on the models in this image aren't as dark as the ones on official images.
4. Ness uses his Brawl model, using his up taunt - revealing its probability as a custom texture and thus a fake).
5. Ness is lacking the big, round and chunky shadow on the ground that we've seen in every 3DS image.
6. Jigglypuff has a weird right hue on its side (our right side) that should only appear if there'd be a red light source there - which there isn't.
7. The background is constructed from various old images, most apparent being the entire right side which stems from the screenshot with Fox.
8. Texture quality is inconsistent on the floor - which comes from the fact that it's skewed in Photoshop.
9. The 'twirl' on Jigglypuff's curl should not be there - it's not present on any existing model or piece of official artwork of Jigglypuff; it's seems to be added in by the texture creator to give it some more detail, but it shouldn't be there either way.
10. The tuft of clouds on the left side is the same as the one on the right; the textures used are better in quality than that - repetition isn't as obvious.
It looks quite valid at first glance - but it's not.

Edit: I don't know what I thought when writing my first sentence, fixed it now.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Not really? The Starship Mario is a background cameo on this stage, which is, one, called 'Mario Galaxy,' and two, taking place in the Gateway Galaxy from the original SMG.

Sounds to me like he just gambled on the stage being the hub world from the most recent Galaxy game and fell flat, kind of like that tool from GameFAQs who guaranteed us that the next character on the website would be from Pokemon (which made sense looking at reveal dates, but was still disproven by Luigi, Peach, Toon Link, Sonic, and Marth being shown instead).
Ahh yes. I see what you mean. That is the problem with leakers. They are never specific.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah I find that one hard to believe.
It sounds like he took a few well-known ideas, mixed it with the Kid Icarus AR Card gimmick because of Sakurai's shared involvement, then threw in the Leaker Trope of giving himself a deadline for this info's reveal that's been constant for virtually every single bloody leaker this time around (say hi, InfiniteGTX, Hallibuton!). We'll see soon enough how realistic this ends up.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
throwaway account here! i heard some pretty big smash bros news through the grapevine..
-the game’s single player component is an adventure mode very similar to the one found in super smash bros melee
-you can create custom mii characters with different costumes, moves and taunts, and these miis can be saved to individual slots. you can trade miis between platforms and with friends, and you can upload, download and rate miis online. most of the mii parts, like new costumes and attacks, are unlockable.
-stage builder has been greatly expanded upon and has a similar online feature set to the miis
-nintendo will be producing packs of smash bros ar trading cards with original artwork, classic art, character bios, stage descriptions, item descriptions and so on. these cards can be scanned to unlock new mii parts, stage builder parts, music, trophies and other goodies.
-august 2014 is the target release date on both platforms
from what i hear, a little bit of the above is going to be shown off next month in a nintendo direct. so i suppose that’s the best proof i can give you all for now. ignore this post in the meantime if you like, but check back in a month to see how i did. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom