• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Personally, I'm not sure and I've never played it (too rare and expensive right now), so he is certainly not one of my top picks. I just wanted to point out that your reason was flawed, as it assumed that US sales are the only thing that matter regarding a character's likelihood. Sales in general is a much better argument.
Do consider I was talking about him being Top 2, not simply having a possibility of being in Smash.

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
Rumor: Cirno will be in the game because SHE'S THE STRONGEST! So strong that Sakurai had to put her in the game, and intentionally made her the most broken character in the game. Even more broken than Meta Knight, Melee Fox, 64 Pikachu, and the top 4 of MvC2 all combined.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
To answer your first question it did sell well enough that now is very rare to find a copy, at least in America (counting the whole continent).

How recognizable is the character? Well that one is hard to tell, I think it stands with Geno, Dillon, Isaac in that regard, here in America our Elite Four are Palutena, King K. Rool, Ridley and Little Mac, in Japan is another story he has a big following their Elite Four are Palutena, King K. Rool, Mega Man and Shulk.

.n_n.
Interesting, where did you hear that those are the big 4 Japan wants? I always wondered which characters in Japan are the most wanted.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Do consider I was talking about him being Top 2, not simply having a possibility of being in Smash.
But still, why would it matter if it didn't sell well in the US? People don't care about sales when it comes to which character they want in Smash. Furthermore, the Smash fans in Europe and Japan wouldn't care that it didn't sell as much in another country. Anyone who bought the game and loves the character would probably want to see him in Smash, regardless of which country they originated from.

And in any case, Nintendo is really hyping up X, which is created by the same studio as Xenoblade Chronicles. So they must view that game as successful enough to warrant X deserving special attention so early on.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Interesting, where did you hear that those are the big 4 Japan wants? I always wondered which characters in Japan are the most wanted.
Ugh... great question I need to remember where did I saw that information, I don´t know if was posted by Venus of the Desert Bloom or one of the other users that are or were in Japan where they watched various polls from there and post the results, I didn't find the exact source of it, it has been lost but I found this link where it says in general what the Japanese think of each series, still it has not been updated in a long time so I don't know if it has change the point of view of them with the recent announcements and information.

.n_n.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How recognizable is the character? Well that one is hard to tell, I think it stands with Geno, Dillon, Isaac in that regard, here in America our Elite Four are Palutena, King K. Rool, Ridley and Little Mac, in Japan is another story he has a big following their Elite Four are Palutena, King K. Rool, Mega Man and Shulk.
If we're counting Mega Man then he was also leading over here in the West, he was simply the most wanted newcomer worldwide.

It's true though that Shulk is a good deal more popular over in Japan than in the West, at least as far as I have heard. In fact, if I'm not mistaken Xenoblade is simply a lot more popular over in Japan than around these parts.

D

Deleted member

It's true though that Shulk is a good deal more popular over in Japan than in the West, at least as far as I have heard. In fact, if I'm not mistaken Xenoblade is simply a lot more popular over in Japan than around these parts.
I think that Xenoblade is more popular there since more people have played it. It got a full retail release in Japan; it was only released in GameStops in the US. I think that Shulk would be more wanted by people in the US if it got a full retail release.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
But still, why would it matter if it didn't sell well in the US? People don't care about sales when it comes to which character they want in Smash. Furthermore, the Smash fans in Europe and Japan wouldn't care that it didn't sell as much in another country. Anyone who bought the game and loves the character would probably want to see him in Smash, regardless of which country they originated from.

And in any case, Nintendo is really hyping up X, which is created by the same studio as Xenoblade Chronicles. So they must view that game as successful enough to warrant X deserving special attention so early on.
So you think he's a Top 2 character FOR INCLUSION? We weren't talking about requests, and he's not even Top 2 there.

Nintendo wants recognizable characters in Smash, Shulk may get in but not over other many more popular characters. He's not Top 2.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So you think he's a Top 2 character FOR INCLUSION? We weren't talking about requests, and he's not even Top 2 there.

Nintendo wants recognizable characters in Smash, Shulk may get in but not over other many more popular characters. He's not Top 2.
Holy jumping to conclusions moley.

What he is saying is that just because Xenoblade hasn't had sales beyond wonderous in America doesn't mean Shulk doesn't have a chance, which you kind of made it sound like in your original post. He isn't saying Shulk is in the Top 2, he never even remotely hinted at that in the post you quoted, he is just saying that American sales isn't going to mean anything if the game is doing well in other places and the character is still getting requests in those places.

Exhibit A: Ness
Exhibit B: Lucas

iam8bit

Smash Ace
That's the thing, my original reply was about him being Top 2, go back and read my posts.

If anything, it seems Jumpman is being too defensive of Shulk, hence why I asked if he believed he is a "Top 2 character for inclusion" or not, which again, is what I was originally arguing.

If he doesn't believe he is Top 2, then we both agree and I see no reason for this arguing of popularity outside the US because that was never the subject, nor was it "Can Shulk make it in?".

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That's the thing, my original reply was about him being Top 2, go back and read my posts.

If anything, it seems Jumpman is being too defensive of Shulk, hence why I asked if he believed he is a "Top 2 character for inclusion" or not.

If he doesn't, then we agre and I see no reason for the arguing of popularity outside the US because that was never the subject, nor was it "Can Shulk make it in?".
Well, he did specifically state that he didn't think Shulk was top 2, he just thought that your reasoning was poor:
Personally, I'm not sure and I've never played it (too rare and expensive right now), so he is certainly not one of my top picks. I just wanted to point out that your reason was flawed, as it assumed that US sales are the only thing that matter regarding a character's likelihood. Sales in general is a much better argument.
So yeah, if that's what you're going by the argument ended last page.

If sales are anything to go by, Xenoblade Chronicles is actually more popular in North America.
Really? For some reason it always came off as something that was vastly more popular in Japan, like Monster Hunter. At least to me.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Really? For some reason it always came off as something that was vastly more popular in Japan, like Monster Hunter. At least to me.
Well, in Japan RPG's as a whole are less of a niche series, meaning that it's discussed a lot more. This of course has it's pros and cons. Since so many RPG's are produced in Japan (Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei, Phantasy Star, Tales, Ys, Breath of Fire, Pokemon, etc.) it means that the genre is popular, but competitive. Meaning unless you standout, there will be a lot more competition to gain a market. I wouldn't be surprised is that's one of the reasons why Golden Sun has had waning popularity and less interest as a whole.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
They need to reveal Pac-Man as a newcomer two weeks before the release of the game. The internet and media would lose their minds.
As much as you all seem to be against Pac-Man, there is absolutely no doubt that his inclusion would bring the hype level of this game to new hights

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
They need to reveal Pac-Man as a newcomer two weeks before the release of the game. The internet and media would lose their minds.
As much as you all seem to be against Pac-Man, there is absolutely no doubt that his inclusion would bring the hype level of this game to new hights
Eh, it depends on which site you are. Pac-Man cannot match the hype of Sonic or Mega Man, that's for sure though.

Smashboards tilts more towards Anti-Pac though.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Seems that way to me, as well. It'll be hilarious if Pac-Man does get confirmed to see everyone here freak out. :p

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It'd be more funny to see Snake, Ike, Lucas, Lucario and the rest of the spacies come back.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
He's an uninteresting character and hasn't been in a relevant game since 1980. There are things that make Sonic and Megaman and they have unique abilities and a deep connection with Nintendo. Pac-Man doesn't have this and his signature ability, eating, is done by 4 characters already in Smash.

How can you say he's uninteresting? I'd much rather have him than another sword wielding character. Pac-Man would be arguably one of the MOST interesting characters to be added to the roster.

1980s? Lemme point out some things.
-Ice Climbers = 1985, one game.
-Mr. Game & Watch games were RETIRED in 1991, having only been active in the 80s.

The Pac-Man Series has over 30 games to its name. Add to that three Mario Kart games. A Nintendo IP.

Also, Pac-Man is, without a doubt, the second most recognizable video game character of ALL TIME. Second only to Mario. Numerous studies, polls, and other data prove this. Data is boring to look at in number form, however. Here is a snapshot of an online article thingy. Look at the top to see who is number one to Pac's #2.

And if all you can think of for his moveset is eating, I am sad to think what little imagination you have. Fox and Falcon, among several other characters, have been made into favorites from much less. Pacman has an almost unlimited amount of moveset potential. Slingshots, Rainbow Mode from Championship DX, Butt Stomp from the Pac World Games, pellet eating for ^Bs or side Bs. Not to mention the best Final Smash opportunity in history.

Also, if Mario vs Sonic vs Megaman vs Pac-Man doesn't excite you just a little bit, I do not know what to do.

Also, Snake.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Sorry for the double post, but I had to show this some attention.

Stop treating the cheese ball like he's on par with Sonic.

He is. In terms of the hype Pikajew was talking about.

While, yes, on this site, and the forums that were listed above, Pac-Man is hated. But you guys seem to be forgetting that the people on these forums are not the only players in the world. We make up MAYBE 5% of people who buy Smash.

Pac-Man would be to this game what Sonic was to Brawl, and probably around the same hype as Megaman was. In the general casual gaming community,

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The people who say Pac-Man has no potential are wrong. The people who say no one would want to see Pac-Man are wrong. The people who say Pac-Man isn't interesting are confusing opinion for fact. That said, Pac-Man wouldn't, nor would any character, be able to bring hype anywhere close to the levels Sonic did for Brawl. Mega Man can't, Ridley can't, Mewtwo can't. No one will be able to replicate it again.

Just because people know Pac-Man doesn't mean people necessarily want Pac-Man or will lose their minds if he's included. Just because we're a minority demographic doesn't mean the more casuals are automatically opposite from us. If Pac-Man was still as hot as people claimed, the reception to his games would be a lot louder and a lot more noticeable. He's riding on coattails from thirty years ago, and yes, he would make sense as a Namco addition, and there's a decent chance he'll be added, but he's no Sonic. He's not even Mega Man.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
At this point pacman has 50/50 shot. I mean sakurai said no special treatment with namo. But it does not mean 0 namco characters will get added

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
How can you say he's uninteresting? I'd much rather have him than another sword wielding character. Pac-Man would be arguably one of the MOST interesting characters to be added to the roster.
Pac-Man's signature ability is to eat which 4 characters (Kirby, Dedede, Yoshi, and Wario) already do. He had other abilities, though they are already similar to other character's abilities and they come from games most people don't care about (Pac-Man 2, the World games, The Ghostly Adventure).

You mention that he is the most recognizable character. That is true, but the character that is is the circle, not the one people are actually asking for. In fact, the newest Pac-Man game bombed and sold only 11K worldwide.

The people who say Pac-Man has no potential are wrong. The people who say no one would want to see Pac-Man are wrong. The people who say Pac-Man isn't interesting are confusing opinion for fact.
WHOA buddy. Your making a lot of claim statements there, Better back them up. The speak to the first two 1)Go she Shortie's poll. Pac-Man is around the bottom. The only notable character he beat was Ghirahim. Second, most of his moves are done by other characters which tells me he's not interesting. Yet you claim people are confusing facts with opinions.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He is. In terms of the hype Pikajew was talking about.

While, yes, on this site, and the forums that were listed above, Pac-Man is hated. But you guys seem to be forgetting that the people on these forums are not the only players in the world. We make up MAYBE 5% of people who buy Smash.

Pac-Man would be to this game what Sonic was to Brawl, and probably around the same hype as Megaman was. In the general casual gaming community,
Problem with this statement is that little people care about the current iteration of Pac-Man. The casual market loves the yellow circle that eats different colored blobs classified as ghosts. The modern Pac-Man isn't very popular, as you can see by Smashchu's link his newest game bombed, and so has so many of his games that aren't based on the classic Pac-Man game. Taking that into consideration, stating he'd even touch Sonic in terms of hype is ridiculous. Sonic's inclusion was about so much more than just having a cool character in Smash Bros, it was about seeing Nintendo's biggest all-stars going up against their all-time biggest rival. Just the thought that Mario and Sonic got the chance to punch each other's face in outside of fan flash games and animations was thrilling, even for people like me who weren't Sonic fans.

Pac-Man wouldn't reach Mega Man levels either, because Mega Man is a fan favorite video game icon who, outside of having few crossovers, spin-offs and what not, has been marked as inactive since 2010 after his creator left Capcom and has had game after game cancelled since. Mega Man might in fact have been saved by his inclusion into Smash Bros, because now Capcom knows they'll be able to profit off him a lot more, and he was saved because his fans care for him. Truth of the matter is that not many people care about Pac-Man as he is today, people care about his one legendary game, something he has been living off of for 30 years now. Even then there are very little hardcore Pac-Man fans, so most casual people's reaction would still just be something along the lines of "cool" unlike with Sonic and Mega Man where people have gone nuts because they have dedicated fanbases.

With Sonic and Mega Man there were more to their inclusion than seeing a cool iconic character in Smash Bros, with Pac-Man there isn't anything beyond just that, so he wouldn't have massive hype surrounding him.

Do I think he will be in? Yes, but I don't see the public being anywhere near as hyped as you say they'll be. Sure the casual crowd would still be excited, but most certainly not as much as with Sonic or Mega Man. Pac-Man wouldn't really break new ground in that territory.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff too similar to Villager?
K. Rool not bringing anything new?
Duck Hunt Dog playable?
Lol, I guess I know two leaks that aren't true.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Problem with this statement is that little people care about the current iteration of Pac-Man. The casual market loves the yellow circle that eats different colored blobs classified as ghosts. The modern Pac-Man isn't very popular, as you can see by Smashchu's link his newest game bombed, and so has so many of his games that aren't based on the classic Pac-Man game. Taking that into consideration, stating he'd even touch Sonic in terms of hype is ridiculous. Sonic's inclusion was about so much more than just having a cool character in Smash Bros, it was about seeing Nintendo's biggest all-stars going up against their all-time biggest rival. Just the thought that Mario and Sonic got the chance to punch each other's face in outside of fan flash games and animations was thrilling, even for people like me who weren't Sonic fans.

Pac-Man wouldn't reach Mega Man levels either, because Mega Man is a fan favorite video game icon who, outside of having few crossovers, spin-offs and what not, has been marked as inactive since 2010 after his creator left Capcom and has had game after game cancelled since. Mega Man might in fact have been saved by his inclusion into Smash Bros, because now Capcom knows they'll be able to profit off him a lot more, and he was saved because his fans care for him. Truth of the matter is that not many people care about Pac-Man as he is today, people care about his one legendary game, something he has been living off of for 30 years now. Even then there are very little hardcore Pac-Man fans, so most casual people's reaction would still just be something along the lines of "cool" unlike with Sonic and Mega Man where people have gone nuts because they have dedicated fanbases.

With Sonic and Mega Man there were more to their inclusion than seeing a cool iconic character in Smash Bros, with Pac-Man there isn't anything beyond just that, so he wouldn't have massive hype surrounding him.

Do I think he will be in? Yes, but I don't see the public being anywhere near as hyped as you say they'll be. Sure the casual crowd would still be excited, but most certainly not as much as with Sonic or Mega Man. Pac-Man wouldn't really break new ground in that territory.
You pretty much summed up why Sonic and Megaman got in where Pac-Man wont. Sakurai is VERY slective when it comes to third parties (saying this in the Developer Direct) and he wont add characters "just because." It should be noted that Megaman during Brawl was more popular than Pac-Man now. Many people, myself included, expected Megaman, but it didn't happen. It is unlikely Pac-Man will happen. When a character is more expected than wanted, it doesn't work out for them.

D

Deleted member

Considering you were arguing that Sonic wouldn't come back, not sure if I should take what you say in regards to Pac-Man seriously.

As for Habanero's statement on why would anyone want Pac-Man, I honestly say the same thing about Mega Man. Never saw the appeal of him, and even in Smash, I still don't.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Considering you were arguing that Sonic wouldn't come back, not sure if I should take what you say in regards to Pac-Man seriously.

As for Habanero's statement on why would anyone want Pac-Man, I honestly say the same thing about Mega Man. Never saw the appeal of him, and even in Smash, I still don't.
Who said the argument is irrelevant. It's what the argument is that's important.

D

Deleted member

Even then, the argument has holes in it. I'd point them out myself, but I'm not really interested in defending a character I care little about by discussing another character I care little about.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
WHOA buddy. Your making a lot of claim statements there, Better back them up. The speak to the first two 1)Go she Shortie's poll. Pac-Man is around the bottom. The only notable character he beat was Ghirahim. Second, most of his moves are done by other characters which tells me he's not interesting. Yet you claim people are confusing facts with opinions.
You mean how Pac-Man has roughly 600 votes in a poll with less than 2400 votes total? So one in four people want him? So over 500 people want him? Yeah, that must mean no one wants him, yes? And the ratio isn't going to decrease if you make it more public. Sure, maybe his ratio wouldn't grow tremendously, but one in every four people who recognizes him probably would like to see him in Smash, while many many people probably wouldn't even recognize the majority of the other characters on the poll, which would cause their numbers to falter a bit, making Pac-Man look, overall, better. I'm not saying he'll ever be top of the charts, but to actually argue that no one wants to see him is a bit foolish.

And really, not an original moveset makes characters automatically not interesting? By your logic no one should want to play as clones or semi-clones then. People would dread having to play as them, right? Or at least they'd flock to the original, yeah? Wonder why it doesn't work out that way... maybe because characters don't have to be completely original to still find an audience that is interested by them.

That's really a moot point though. Do you really think if Sakurai should hypothetically add Pac-Man, he's only going to take a moves from other characters to compile the moveset? Do you really think he's just going to be an amalgamation of existing moves? He's not some afterthought thrown in to pad the roster, if he's included, he'll be given a fair amount of attention and priority, like the other third-parties. And even if he does have a few attacks resembling existing attacks, do you really think Sakurai is going to have them function identically? So Wario can bite stuff, is that the only way to implement a bite? What if Pac-Man has a consecutive bite that carries him across the screen? What if he just bites the character and doesn't keep them in his mouth? That's already different. One of the main concerns over Mega Man's Mega Buster was its similarity to Samus's charge beam, and look how that worked out.

No, he hasn't built up the most credibility when stating his facts opinions about third-parties, has he?

See this SmashChu, this is what we call an opinion. It can work in many different directions. :rolleyes:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
For Mega Man, at least I can see where people where coming from. Mega Man has an established playstyle in his favor, a projectile heavy character that uses a combination of his standard abilities, Robot Master weapons, and attacks inspired by games like Mega Man: The Power Battle and Marvel vs. Capcom. Pretty straight forward, but at the same time it's still distinctive. It's kind of same reasoning with Sonic, an emphasis on speed with attacks inspired by his standard abilities (Spin Dash, Homing Attack, etc.) plus games like Sonic Battle and Sonic the Fighters.

With Pac-Man, I'm just a lot more genuinely perplexed on a direction, considering the only consistent characteristic the character has is gluttony.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Even then, the argument has holes in it. I'd point them out myself, but I'm not really interested in defending a character I care little about by discussing another character I care little about.
"Well, ummm, I mean, there are holes, but I wont point out what they are and you'll have to take my word for it"
What is the point of this post again?

You mean how Pac-Man has roughly 600 votes in a poll with less than 2400 votes total? So one in four people want him? So over 500 people want him? Yeah, that must mean no one wants him, yes? And the ratio isn't going to decrease if you make it more public. Sure, maybe his ratio wouldn't grow tremendously, but one in every four people who recognizes him probably would like to see him in Smash, while many many people probably wouldn't even recognize the majority of the other characters on the poll, which would cause their numbers to falter a bit, making Pac-Man look, overall, better. I'm not saying he'll ever be top of the charts, but to actually argue that no one wants to see him is a bit foolish.
I don't think you know how numbers work. As you pointed out, about 25% of people want him. This is very low. This means there is another 75 percent of people that don't want him (as the poll was unlimited, you can mark off whomever). Or, for every one person that likes Pac-Man, there are 3 people who don't. For a fun comparison, Obama's approval rating is higher than Pac-Man's (even after the Health Care Bill debacle).

It should be noted that in the same poll there are 15 other Nintendo characters that are beating Pac-Man. It should also be noted that both Sonic and Megaman were at the top the polls. Pac-Man can't even break the top 15. On the same token, Japan doesn't even talk about him.

And really, not an original moveset makes characters automatically not interesting? By your logic no one should want to play as clones or semi-clones then. People would dread having to play as them, right? Or at least they'd flock to the original, yeah? Wonder why it doesn't work out that way... maybe because characters don't have to be completely original to still find an audience that is interested by them.
Ummm, yeah. A lot of people complain about clones. Megaman, Sonic and Snake all bring unique moves and abilities. Which makes sense. They aren't Nintendo characters, so they should have abilities Nintendo characters can't do right? For putting in the work and effort to put them into the game, they should pay off with unique abilities. Pac-Man's abilities are all things the Nintendo characters already do and adding him is actually redundancy. Eating, his primary abilitiy, is also done by 4 characters. His Rev Roll by 2. His Butt Bounce by 2. Wario already becomes a super hero. And none of the abilities in the new Pac-Man game (that bombed) are new.

You say being unique doesn't matter, but it's one of the main criteria for characters. As an aside, here is something Sakurai said on Sonic

In the same vain, believing Sonic is just "a really fast character" would be incorrect. In studying Sonic's movement in the original Sega Genesis games, Sakurai saw that he is, in fact, a slow and heavy character when he's moving around at normal speeds. The big difference between slow and fast is what gave Sonic the appearance of super-fast speed once he got going. And since Sonic never really punched or kicked enemies in his games, Sakurai gave him a basic punch, punch, kick combo—the same basic combo used in Sega's Virtua Fighter series.
You can do this with Sonic, Snake and Megaman. But how can you do it with a character that, in the 80s, ran around a maze and since has had a huge identity crisis.

That's really a moot point though. Do you really think if Sakurai should hypothetically add Pac-Man, he's only going to take a moves from other characters to compile the moveset? Do you really think he's just going to be an amalgamation of existing moves? He's not some afterthought thrown in to pad the roster, if he's included, he'll be given a fair amount of attention and priority, like the other third-parties. And even if he does have a few attacks resembling existing attacks, do you really think Sakurai is going to have them function identically? So Wario can bite stuff, is that the only way to implement a bite? What if Pac-Man has a consecutive bite that carries him across the screen? What if he just bites the character and doesn't keep them in his mouth? That's already different. One of the main concerns over Mega Man's Mega Buster was its similarity to Samus's charge beam, and look how that worked out.
Your missing the point. Megaman has moves that are unique to him. He has his Rush Coil, his blaster, slide and all the Robot Master abilities. Snake uses a ton of weapons from his game like the claymore and the Missile. He has other explosive military style weapons and his CQC. He can even crawl and use his box. Sonic brings his blinging speed which no other character does (he outclasses Captain Falcon by quite a lot). He also has the homing attack and spin dash and abilities from Sonic the Fighter and Sonic Battle. Sakurai has taken creative liberties with Sonic and Snake (less so with Megaman). This is because they have distinct abilities and characteristics that set them apart so you can derive moves for them. Pac-Man doesn't have this. In his primary game, he is a circle who runs around and eats things and he has no distinct identity in his other games. So what are you going to do with him. The problem with the paragraph is it puts the cart before the horse. You assume he'd be in and then a moveset would be created rather than adding a character because they have unique abilities. BTW, your examples are terrible. Your suggesting to make his bite either like the Triple Rush or just make it an attack. So original

One thing people forget is that these are third party characters. Guest characters. Sakurai is not going to add them just because. This is coming from the creators mouth.

Smash Bros. can still be considered as an all-star collection of Nintendo characters. Just like with Mega Man or any other third-party character, it would have to be a very special situation.

No, he hasn't built up the most credibility when stating his facts opinions about third-parties, has he?
Forget logic and reason. Ad Hominids all day

These post are always funny. People get upset when I specifically make a post. The post that got everyone in a tizzy was a response to someone else where I was agreeing with. It's not to throw that person under the bus. Just more pointing out how people target me. Kind of funny to watch them try. Butter luck next time NEON.

D

Deleted member

SmashChu said:
"Well, ummm, I mean, there are holes, but I wont point out what they are and you'll have to take my word for it"
What is the point of this post again?
If you insist on being a **** about it, the point is that someone who actually cares enough about the subject will point out the holes and invest their time in a long-winded argument instead of me.
I'm not pulling some "take my word for it" bull****, so leave the strawman at the door.

Xenoblaze said:
]For Mega Man, at least I can see where people where coming from. Mega Man has an established playstyle in his favor, a projectile heavy character that uses a combination of his standard abilities, Robot Master weapons, and attacks inspired by games like Mega Man: The Power Battle and Marvel vs. Capcom. Pretty straight forward, but at the same time it's still distinctive. It's kind of same reasoning with Sonic, an emphasis on speed with attacks inspired by his standard abilities (Spin Dash, Homing Attack, etc.) plus games like Sonic Battle and Sonic the Fighters.

With Pac-Man, I'm just a lot more genuinely perplexed on a direction, considering the only consistent characteristic the character has is gluttony.
And none of that description of Mega Man excited me before he was in Smash, and seeing his style in Smash doesn't excite me still.
If I wanted to play as a projectile heavy character, I'd play as someone like Samus, who (not ironically) would be described in a near exact way if she wasn't in Smash already.
And considering Marvel vs. Capcom's Mega Man flat out sucked major balls, I never saw a style like that to be worth consideration.

With Sonic, I was never hyped for what Sonic would be like (and I'm actually quite disappointed with the turnout, really), but was hyped for who he was. While I understand that is probably a big reason for why people want Mega Man, I never saw Mega Man in that same light. In that sense, I find it hypocritical that people defend Mega Man and/or supported him yet lambast Pac-Man just because Mega Man had a bunch of random **** to use, but Pac-Man's random **** is "uninspired".

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I am someone that believes you dont have to be 100 percent unique to make it in this game. Pacman is an icon of the gaming universe and the smash bros games would benefit for having another founding father in there roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom