• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm expecting Q22 myself...........:awesome:
Same here for a couple of reasons:

1. Melee was made in 13 months, Brawl in about 24 (most of it being the SSE), and SSB4's currently sitting at 22.

2. The Wii U is in serious need of some more megatons. Mario Kart 8 is coming in April and, unless Nintendo is hiding something, nothing else has been announced that will move consoles and there's no way they can wait much longer after next E3 to put something out.

3. Sakurai has mentioned that he only shows off games "when they're ready" and he's confident with their development progress. About 5 days from now, SSB4 was revealed half a year ago. That being said, the game is probably at least 3/4ths done at this point.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord

1. Melee was made in 13 months, Brawl in about 24 (most of it being the SSE), and SSB4's currently sitting at 22.
I know that they're developing for both versions, I know that that's partially why the development cycle is currently as long as it is (and if it's coming up in Spring, then it's still going to surpass Brawl's development time by at least 1-4 months), but part of me wonders what they could be adding that's taking so long, considering that there isn't an SSE equivalent this time, which as you said, was part of the reason Brawl took so long. Sakurai said he's not considering DLC until after the game is finished, so maybe they really are going all-out and working to get as much packed in as possible? I mean, we already know like with the Pill item that they've imported probably everything and then worked on updating it, but that also means that they've gotten all the music, stickers, and trophies (the latter of which may be the only thing needing updating, and even then probably not much considering) from Brawl, and the past stages probably won't need all that much of a facelift.

Haha, I'm not sure if I know where I'm going with this or if I'm making the most of sense, but unlike Brawl, they have a great framework laid out with the stuff they could be importing, plus the benefit of no SSE-like thing taking up a lot of the dev time, minus the fact that they're developing two games at once, so just how much are we going to get at launch considering all the above and how long the game's been in development, and especially the if it does come out near the end of the year (either intentionally or through a delay), and all that may be included in that timeframe? I have a feeling that we're gonna be getting so much more than we may be expecting out of these two games.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah I'm not so sure on this Reggie Mii thing.

Why wouldn't they show a character like Little Mac at VGX? They've already shown hopefully *the* two oddball characters, and right now what they need is HYPE HYPE HYPE.

I don't see the hardcore fanbase getting too hype over Mii's. I see them saying "Oh, ok, that's cool" and that's it. Or worse. (That's not to say people can't be hyped by them.)

That, and that image is suspect, and the very idea seems completely made up. These days, long descriptions nearly always DETRACT from legitimacy.

Ugh. I hope this isn't true...

Mii can be a playable character, but not right now. Not when we really need extra mega hype.

D

Deleted member

2. The Wii U is in serious need of some more megatons. Mario Kart 8 is coming in April and, unless Nintendo is hiding something, nothing else has been announced that will move consoles and there's no way they can wait much longer after next E3 to put something out.
Nintendo botched the Wii U in so many ways that it damaged the console beyond repair. There's almost no third-party support outside of indies coming in 2014 (even the N64 fared better in this regard), Nintendo has not prepared themselves for the difficulties of HD development (which explains why their first and second-party offering are lacking in comparison to previous consoles), the hardware is only slightly better than the PS3/360 specs-wise and the online is very poor in comparison to the PlayStation Network. For all of these reasons, the Wii U will go down to be Nintendo's worst console and be known as a huge failure sales-wise.

Nintendo had their chance to prove the value of the Wii U and they failed miserably. Now we have people lining up in droves for the PlayStation 4 and (ugh) Xbox One, which will result in the Wii U fading away from the public. Instead of trying to keep a failure of a console afloat, Nintendo needs to work aggressively to get a console out by holiday, 2016 so that they can get a year or two lead ahead of Sony and Microsoft again and this time, do it right. At best, Smash will provide a temporary boost in sales, but by the time it does release, it will be too late.

I still say Smash 4 will release in Q4 2014. Nintendo will need something significant to sell for Christmas anyway plus I'd rather not take the risk of the game being rushed and the quality suffering.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I mean, it's possible, but.. I don't know. I just don't think a character reveal (that isn't a third party) is REALLY worth making a mention about beforehand. I mean.. not everything is Smash related. It could be any game.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I mean, it's possible, but.. I don't know. I just don't think a character reveal (that isn't a third party) is REALLY worth making a mention about beforehand. I mean.. not everything is Smash related. It could be any game.
A reveal trailer like Wii Fit's for example would be pretty useless, but a composite trailer showing maybe some new stages / characters would rock.
I mean, we got a total of like 30 seconds of footage for this game since JUNE...

mimgrim

Smash Hero

3. Sakurai has mentioned that he only shows off games "when they're ready" and he's confident with their development progress. About 5 days from now, SSB4 was revealed half a year ago. That being said, the game is probably at least 3/4ths done at this point.

It went right over your head. First I said Q22, which doesn't even exist to my knowledge, and I put :awesome: at the end of the sentence indicating it wasn't a typo. :C

SonicMario

Smash Master
Nintendo botched the Wii U in so many ways that it damaged the console beyond repair. There's almost no third-party support outside of indies coming in 2014 (even the N64 fared better in this regard), Nintendo has not prepared themselves for the difficulties of HD development (which explains why their first and second-party offering are lacking in comparison to previous consoles), the hardware is only slightly better than the PS3/360 specs-wise and the online is very poor in comparison to the PlayStation Network. For all of these reasons, the Wii U will go down to be Nintendo's worst console and be known as a huge failure sales-wise.

Nintendo had their chance to prove the value of the Wii U and they failed miserably. Now we have people lining up in droves for the PlayStation 4 and (ugh) Xbox One, which will result in the Wii U fading away from the public. Instead of trying to keep a failure of a console afloat, Nintendo needs to work aggressively to get a console out by holiday, 2016 so that they can get a year or two lead ahead of Sony and Microsoft again and this time, do it right. At best, Smash will provide a temporary boost in sales, but by the time it does release, it will be too late.

I still say Smash 4 will release in Q4 2014. Nintendo will need something significant to sell for Christmas anyway plus I'd rather not take the risk of the game being rushed and the quality suffering.
I don't know, I kinda feel the Wii U does have something that neither the Xbox One or PS4 have that has some degree of advantage: Backwards compatibility. If more people realized that the Wii U does everything the Wii can and more. I think there will be a steady supply ready especially as Mario Kart 8 and SSB4 swing by

The ability to play the games from the previous generation is a huge plus (And transfer data and memory from the previous console). And somehow Microsoft and Sony were stupid enough to not do that.

That alone should make sure it's not the WORST Nintendo console ever. Certainly not to the levels of the Virtual Boy.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't know, I kinda feel the Wii U does have something that neither the Xbox One or PS4 have that has some degree of advantage: Backwards compatibility. If more people realized that the Wii U does everything the Wii can and more. I think there will be a steady supply ready especially as Mario Kart 8 and SSB4 swing by

The ability to play the games from the previous generation is a huge plus (And transfer data and memory from the previous console). And somehow Microsoft and Sony were stupid enough to not do that.

That alone should make sure it's not the WORST Nintendo console ever. Certainly not to the levels of the Virtual Boy.
I honestly think that the backwards compatibility is one of the more overt detriments. It gives people the mentality that they do not necessarily need to upgrade their Wii as they already have one. It is a nice feature, but it does little to emphasize the apparent differences. That is just my take on it. I do agree though, it is an advantage to the aware consumer. I doubt the casual audience finds the feature imperative though.

D

Deleted member

That clearly did not make a significant difference in sales. Backward-compatibility is nice, but I already have a Wii for my Wii games and I don't intend on selling it.

And by worst console, I am referring to home consoles. That still said a lot about the Wii U considering that every previous Nintendo console have been at least good and had many great games.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Great, the site is one the blink again.

25 hours remain, let's see who's right.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Let's hope December passes without any of this guy's "leaks" coming true. Every false SSB4 leaker thus far has dated their leaks in the hopes of getting lucky and fallen short, so for Little Mac's sake, I'm hoping this guy meets the same fate.
Well, I've finally read the leak. I find "Customizable move sets totally implausible, but stranger things have happened (have they?) I'm going to agree with the idea that customizable move sets is a terrible omen for the roster if possible, got the amount of work it would take.

And the odds are just so stacked AGAINST Little Mac's exclusion. (The stage, the stage!!) However, I could be wrong and have been before. I'm just going to pray to whoever'll listen that this just isn't the case.

If Mac and K. Rool are BOTH excluded, and customizable Mii's ARE included, I'll have no reason to buy the game. Not even MM can salvage that. Just gotta keep up hope.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Well, we can burn the newest leaks about Miis, though the Reggie Mii petition is apparently official and recognized by him.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Damn it, Golden just clarified that the Miis at VGX leak was separate from the Reddit leak. So, no, it's not entirely dead yet. But at least the "REGGIE 4 SMASH, HIS BODY IS READY" s*** can now die down for a while, maybe.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Damn it, Golden just clarified that the Miis at VGX leak was separate from the Reddit leak. So, no, it's not entirely dead yet. But at least the "REGGIE 4 SMASH, HIS BODY IS READY" s*** can now die down for a while, maybe.
Regardless, I still think that rumor is a bunch of bull.

NEVER bet on any rumor from 4chan or Reddit, that's pure asinine.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

The problem is he said if they want him, to sign the petition. It'll cause more of an uproar now, so they can get him in quick.

I imagine Sakurai's first impression when he sees the full petition is going to be "Oh, the fanboys want Reggie? MY rules, internet, my rules!" and continue on with developing the game.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The characters are already in the game, and Reggie is no Sonic. Also, the casuals-who-think-they're-edgy-by-requesting-Reggie wouldn't be watching VGX anyway, I don't think.

D

Deleted member

One recent 4chan rumor killed, now we wait for the other one to die as well come the next Nintendo Direct.

Though I have no doubt in my mind it's 100% hogwash. It contradicts the Little Pac-Miis "leak" by saying Little Mac is an Assist again.

D

Deleted member

The characters are already in the game, and Reggie is no Sonic. Also, the casuals-who-think-they're-edgy-by-requesting-Reggie wouldn't be watching VGX anyway, I don't think.
I think that the caliber of the people who want Reggie for Smash are just trolls; who legitimately wants to actually see him? I bet Sakurai knows that he will get backlash from including Reggie in the game. His inclusion wouldn't be like Sonic's; Sonic's inclusion was legitimately wanted by people and was highly praised. We, or anyone else for that matter, will not be praising Sakurai or the development team for including him.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only reason they're treating the petition as "official" and something that actually might impact the game is so when Miis get confirmed and the Reggie Mii is shown Nintendo can do that whole "we listen to fans" song and dance they tack on to things that were obviously going to happen anyway, with or without some noise on the internet.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, at least that didn't happen. Now I've just gotta hope the next Nintendo Direct goes off without incident.

Why exactly is Reggie so 'interesting' to people?
I'd guess because people think its funny. Which is a terrible reason. Honestly if Reggie himself was playable character, the series would be doomed. Who would take the game seriously then?

D

Deleted member

Honestly if Reggie himself was playable character, the series would be doomed. Who would take the game seriously then?
It's hard to take this statement seriously when people have said the SAME DAMN THING when Wii Fit Trainer was revealed and when R.O.B. was shown to be in Brawl.

Granted, they make more sense than Reggie, but still; one bloody character is not going to make the entire franchise collapse on itself.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mean, that's true, but Reggie is a bit different than two characters which actually represent something concrete in video games.

And since his entire character would just revolve around his body being ready, it just feels like a joke and a waste. Even Pichu had something concrete behind him.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Reggie could get in Smash as a Mii avatar and not as a normal human character with normal body proportions.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Reggie could get in Smash as a Mii avatar and not as a normal human character with normal body proportions.

That's fine. If "Regii" becomes the name for the Mii character, I'd be down with it. I just don't want human Reggie in the game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sakurai isn't going to alienate all of Japan by making Reggie the default for the Mii (that's going to be the user Mii anyway), or relegating the Mii entirely to Reggie. And we're not going to get two separate Miis, even if one is Reggie. At most he'll just be one of the pre-programmed alternate options for Mii.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Wait.. People actually THOUGHT Reggie as himself? Pshh... I automatically assumed it was going to be the Mii Version! I always thought if Miis were available, you'd only use preset Miis for online and have the option of any of your Miis when local.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom