• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai isn't going to alienate all of Japan by making Reggie the default for the Mii (that's going to be the user Mii anyway), or relegating the Mii entirely to Reggie. And we're not going to get two separate Miis, even if one is Reggie. At most he'll just be one of the pre-programmed alternate options for Mii.
You are right.... the default Mii should be Sakurai... and other pre-programmed alternate Mii faces are Miyamoto, Iwata, and Reggie. :awesome:

Mii Sakurai should have Sakurai's real life pet cat as a Nintencat for his neutral special move where Mii Sakurai throws Nintencats at people's faces. :troll:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1qs3py/a_little_birdie_told_me/

You know, this one still has a chance to be true. Whats making me think its true is that we havent gotten any smash direct or any newcomer reveals for about half a year; it would be the appropiate time to give us a nintendo direct since E3 is after 6 months.
Meh.

Anyway we're not getting a Smash Direct this early, we'll have one a week or two before release probably and sure the game will appear in big ass Directs around January for example. I don't really believe in this leak though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1qs3py/a_little_birdie_told_me/

You know, this one still has a chance to be true. Whats making me think its true is that we havent gotten any smash direct or any newcomer reveals for about half a year; it would be the appropiate time to give us a nintendo direct since E3 is after 6 months.
Many people have guessed on a newcomer reveal either December or January. We'll see if that amounts to anything.

The rumor sounds like something everyone could come up with.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If you insist on being a **** about it, the point is that someone who actually cares enough about the subject will point out the holes and invest their time in a long-winded argument instead of me.
I'm not pulling some "take my word for it" bull****, so leave the strawman at the door.
Boo hoo, Smashchu was mean to mean.

You made a post about how my argument was full of holes but never bother to actually point anything out. Your comment just exist to be degrading with no actual content. Who who is the real asshole here.[/quote]
There is support for every character so what is the point of your argument.

You do realize my point was not the quantity of the support, which I never claimed was high, merely the fact that it existed, which it obviously does, as you've now admitted yourself.
The problem with discussing anything with NE0N is that the argument is immediately lost in the first reply back. How do you expect to have a coheirent debate when you take a single sentense and turn it into a multipost reply. It's clear you don't understand how to aregue let alone write. There is a sense of flow that is lost which makes any argument with you a pointless task.

You post tell me this argument was not for a point but for semantics. Every character is going to be discussed and have some request. I don't think there is anyone with 0 so your point is correct, but it serves no purpose. Yet the points you bring up are of quality so already the meaning and context are lost. You claim argument with me loses brain cells yet your the one who doesn't understand flow and consistency.

I'll make sly remarks to some of the stuff but there is no point in trying to make a well thought response to someone who turned 3 paragraphs into 15 quotes and who thinks posting silly images makes them intelligent or clever.

That said, if you extrapolate his 1:4 ratio (which due to his wide recognition among consumers will remain fairly constant) to the lifetime sales of Smash 4... let's say roughly 12 mil, logically it wouldn't be too much assume one fourth of those consumers would enjoy seeing Pac-Man, which, at roughly three million, is an audience that will only be reached by Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda (maybe DK) characters at this point, or other iconic third-parties. Do you think 3 million people would be influenced by the inclusion of Shulk, or Isaac, or Palutena, or Chrom? I doubt it. In the tiny sample size of a certain demographic that the poll represents, he's... of lukewarm popularity, and yeah, he's likely not going to get any more popular, but other characters will certainly get less popular with a larger sample size and a wider array of demographics, whom Sakurai values more than he does us.
Math isn't your strong suit either. If Pac-Man has has fewer votes that a lot of other characters, wouldn't that mean more than 3 million people would care about Pac-Man

This is assuming the only possible way a third-party can be included is by topping the popularity charts (though even when Mega Man did it wasn't good enough for you). There have been extenuating circumstances in the past that lead to the inclusion of third-parties who otherwise wouldn't be at the top of the polls either, and while the creator of Pac-Man might not be bffs with Sakurai, Namco's involvement isn't something that can go ignored as far as roster potential is concerned.
So because Snake was added at a friends request that means Pac-Man can be added for a completely unrelated reason. That doesn't even make logical sense. Your saying that "Because the exception makes the rules, anything is possible." Nice catch all huh?

He's no Tales character, but indeed they do.
Again, semantics. From what Groose has brought back and Chrono's original research, they never consider him a likely candidate. The assumption he'll get in is solely a western one.

Yeah, when people idealize the roster, they obviously want original movesets above cloned ones, but once included, at least with Brawl, they're pretty fully and positively embraced. If the majority of people shared your mentality that lack of original moveset equaled boring character, they wouldn't all have relatively equal play time, at least according to Sakurai. We certainly wouldn't have gotten Falco and Ganondorf over Mewtwo in Brawl. I guess in regards to Smash some clones were even more popular than characters with original movesets, huh?

Not that this applies to Pac-Man, as he wouldn't be a clone, but even if he was, he'd still have his popularity, which means somebody must find him interesting, even if you don't.
I love how your points never have a clear logical flow. They jump from A to Q.'

People still complain about Ganondorf and Mewtwo was planned to be added (you can blame Sonic, a unique character), for that. S

I agree, if you're going to add Pac-Man, you better make him original. So, in that vein, please tell me, which characters' bite, or eating ability in general carries them across the stage? Because Pac-Man's can. Which character brings out an item, then charges that item and throws it with power relative to how long the item was held, like Pac-Man could with Pac-Dots? How about a recovery move where you would create a chain of Pac-dots, be able to freely control the direction the chain traveled (like the coin snakes in SMW as a very loose comparison), and then have Pac-Man follow that trajectory? Which character's recovery functions like that? As for the Butt Bounce... you say two characters already do this. Perhaps you think slamming and bouncing are the same, but considering one keeps you grounded and the other sends you back into the air, with the potential to chain another bounce or make a quick follow-up attack, I'd say even if similar in initial execution, they're hardly the same. With logic like this we'd only have one sword-user.

And what about his Electro-Shock ability? Sure, other characters could be capable of doing something pretty similar, but none of them actually do, not even Pikachu. Or his radial shockwaves, not something any other character does last time I checked. The truth is Pac-Man has more to work with than several characters already on the roster who, even with limited or no previous potential, wound up with original movesets.
OH NO GUYS ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT NOW BECAUSE HIS BITE MOVES HIM ACROSS THE STAGE, SO INSTEAD OF A CLONE OF WARIO'S BITE WE NOW HAVE META-KNIGHTS TRIPLE DASH. SEE, HE'S ORIGINAL.

Moves like the crash bomb, the buster, Nakita (spelling?), the C4, the homing attack and spin dash and so on are unique moves with unique functions. Not a moves to make a character seem different.

Well if eating is already done by four characters, unless all four were added in 64 (which isn't the case) then it seems new characters can still be added with existing abilities. If Jigglypuff already had a chargeable roll, aren't Sonic's chargeable rolls something the Nintendo characters already do, and wouldn't his inclusion, or at least the implementation of not just one chargeable rolling attack, but two, be redundant, and therefore, not worthy of inclusion? By your logic it is. By Sakurai's it's not. Because, surprise surprise, like I said previously, there are different ways of implementing an ability. If Kirby's inhale and Yoshi's tongue can be labeled under the same umbrella and used to justify the exclusion of all other attacks that involve consumption, by that mentality we shouldn't get any more characters that use swords. Or magic. Or pretty much every kind of elemental power or attack.
1)Jigglypuff is the only character who rolls.
2)Sonic can also jump during his
3)Sonic has other unique abilities like the homing attack and his speed
4)Sonic has other reasons to add him as well.

One, please tell me where I said being unique doesn't matter for inclusion, and two, (not that it will apply to Pac-Man), considering all the clones and semi-clones that have been added over the years, it's clearly not a rule as rigid to Sakurai as it is to you.
And really, not an original moveset makes characters automatically not interesting? By your logic no one should want to play as clones or semi-clones then. People would dread having to play as them, right? Or at least they'd flock to the original, yeah? Wonder why it doesn't work out that way... maybe because characters don't have to be completely original to still find an audience that is interested by them.

So... you're saying Pac-Man's capabilities are too limited to be original at this point, he's mostly known for only one thing that can't really be fleshed out, and to back this up you posted a quote proving how Sakurai took a character thought by some as known only for one thing, was able to look past that to find depth and flesh out a whole moveset and playstyle, and even took material from different series in the composition of the moveset when he couldn't find what he was looking for?
Sonic has source material. How did you not get that?

You are still against Pac-Man, right? ;)
Do people even take you seriously?

It's not like Sakurai is limited to drawing potential from solely one arcade game. That'd be like relegating Donkey Kong to throwing barrels. Pac-Man has done stuff since then that can be drawn from, believe it or not.
This point has been brought up before. People don't recognize with the Pac-Man outside of the arcade game. This is also why his newest game bombed.

So do you actually mean to imply Sonic was added primarily for his playstyle and moveset and the fact that he was Sonic, the most popular request in Smash history, was secondary? None of the third-parties to date have gotten in due to their "unique abilities", they got in due to who they are, and then the moveset was created afterwards. The character by and large is the first step in most cases, except in rare cases like Captain Falcon, who was chosen due to being similar to the prototype. Obviously the character can't move past the initial phases of planning if they don't present any feasible way of implementation, but if "unique abilities" were the top priority, we'd be seeing characters like Zoroark, Muddy Mole, and Balloon Fighter at the top of the likelihood lists, and characters like Chrom would be nowhere to be seen. We wouldn't have gotten Ike when there were choices like Hector and Ephraim present. We wouldn't have gotten five clones instead of Dedede. If unique abilities were of the utmost importance, more than the characters themselves, the official polls would've asked for attributes and abilities you want to see, not characters.
No, your inferring. Consider my argument was Pac-Man wont be added because he isn't popular and doesn't have unique abilities. Again, this is why we don't break a 3 paragraph argument into 15 quotes.

Seems like this reply would be better suited to someone who actually said Pac-Man's chances were undebatably high.
You mean how Pac-Man has roughly 600 votes in a poll with less than 2400 votes total? So one in four people want him? So over 500 people want him? Yeah, that must mean no one wants him, yes? And the ratio isn't going to decrease if you make it more public. Sure, maybe his ratio wouldn't grow tremendously, but one in every four people who recognizes him probably would like to see him in Smash, while many many people probably wouldn't even recognize the majority of the other characters on the poll, which would cause their numbers to falter a bit, making Pac-Man look, overall, better. I'm not saying he'll ever be top of the charts, but to actually argue that no one wants to see him is a bit foolish.

Forget logic and reason indeed. Though I do wonder how you justify to yourself those times you wind up being wrong, considering you seem to think and act like you're unquestionably right all the time. :ohwell:
Unlike most people, and unlike yourself, I put my ass on the line. Everyone was wrong about the roster. Difference was I took a stab at it. And again, because I was wrong once doesn't mean I'll be wrong again (that's another fallacy). My arguments are what they are. The points as they stand.

You can reply to me if you want (the Pac-Man thread would be the place to do it though), but I have no intention of furthering this debate, I've done this enough times to know there's very little progress to be made. My original point is pretty much established anyway, I've proved his potential, which you are free to still ignore, you've acknowledged his popularity, for whatever it's worth, and I can only hope the distinction between opinion and fact is evident. If not you can always go check the poll to see 600 people who presumably think Pac-Man is interesting. By the way, I'm not one of them.
You didn't prove anything. Most of your points lacked logical flow and relied on half ask sly remarks and logical fallacies. You just proven you can't debate.

If you attempt to argument with me again, come up with sound reasonable point. Don't waste my time again.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
lol, ok SmashChu, have fun wearing your paper crown and spouting off criticisms about others which I guess you expect people to take seriously... even though you seem to be the only one who has them. :rolleyes:
Don't waste my time again.
If you were so concerned about your precious time, you shouldn't have voluntarily responded after I said I had no intentions of continuing the conversation. No one made you reply.

As long as my points keep getting ignored, brushed off, or chalked up to "semantics", I'll just wait to see if Pac-Man gets included, so if he does your opinion on whether his inclusion is viable can change like it has for Sonic and Mega Man. But if you really want me to reply to something in particular, shoot. I just hope my inferior debating skills don't let me down too badly. ;)

In any case I'm pretty sure I got my message across to the people who can still understand posts even if they're long and have been split up.

Now let's all try to get back on topic.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
The problem with discussing anything with NE0N is that the argument is immediately lost in the first reply back. How do you expect to have a coheirent debate when you take a single sentense and turn it into a multipost reply. It's clear you don't understand how to aregue let alone write. There is a sense of flow that is lost which makes any argument with you a pointless task.
Well, it was nice knowing you, SmashChu. (Well, not really.) Have fun getting banned. :troll:

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Do you not see the irony?

*N3ON
*coherent
*sentence
*argue

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys, new leak from GameFAQS popped up last night. It's deleted now, but having foreseen that, I copied it over for when Smashboards came back up. This guy's name is "SmashBrosLeak."

Specifically made this account to avoid any trouble.
I'm on these boards and Smash Boards under a different acct. name.
Found out a few things and I'm willing to share. I trust my source, but I haven't seen anything first hand:

-Roster is around 40 characters
-Mewtwo is back
-Dixie Kong, Mii, Jumpman are all in
-ROB, Lucario are back
-Snake is not back
-Bowser Jr. is an Assist Trophy
-There's a stage based on Tetris
-The Cannon Box from Super Mario 3D World is an item

This is everything I know, don't bother to ask me about more information.

Later in the thread, a guy under a different username (Fishy12, if I remember correctly) answered a guy's question about certain characters. I imagine this guy was just a separate troll, though the leaker may have neglected to switch back from his regular account before answering.

-Ganondorf is NOT back. Ridley and King K Rool are both adventure mode bosses.

Needless to say, I think it's a crock of s***, but it's worth catalogging for completion's sake nevertheless. This is not the first time someone has brought up the simultaneous inclusion of Mewtwo/Dixie/Mii, Ridley/K. Rool being bosses, and the roster being 40 characters.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That leak doesn't seem to bother with my fav. characters, but why Jumpman? :crazy:
He doesn't seem worth a spot.
Hmm.. and Ganondorf is cut? Does it mean that even the least of semi-clones will be removed?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Keeping Toon Link but cutting Ganondorf seems insane and incredibly unlikely. Also...Jumpman? Nah.

EDIT: And keep in mind I main Toon Link.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Guys, you do realize Jumpman is already confirmed right? That totally means the rumor is legit, Serebii confirmed my father works for Nihon Falcom.

D

Deleted member

-Roster is around 40 characters
-Mewtwo is back
-Dixie Kong, Mii, Jumpman are all in
-ROB, Lucario are back
-Snake is not back
-Bowser Jr. is an Assist Trophy
-There's a stage based on Tetris
-The Cannon Box from Super Mario 3D World is an item
-Ganondorf is NOT back. Ridley and King K Rool are both adventure mode bosses.
-That can realistically happen.
-I bet Mewtwo will return.
-Dixie Kong? Believable. Mii? Nah. Jumpman?! Why on earth put in an old version of Mario on the roster? I guess we should also put in 8-Bit Luigi since he's everywhere now.
-Alright.
-I could definitely see Snake getting cut.
-Bowser Jr. as an Assist Trophy can (sadly) happen.
-I doubt that will actually happen. It would be creative, but wouldn't Nintendo need the rights to Tetris?
-That would be interesting, but that would most likely not happen. Sakurai would have to get in touch with the SM3DW development team and implement it. I bet it will be like in Brawl where we will get Galaxy stuff in this game and SM3DW stuff in the next game.
-LOL Seems legit. Let's cut Ganondorf, the King of Evil and one of Nintendo's most popular and critically acclaimed villains, and make King K. Rool a boss despite his fan demand.

Overall, I don't believe this leak. It's rather stupid and unbelievable if you ask me. I can see some things happening, but seeing Ganondorf get cut his extremely unlikely.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
See, I could picture Jumpman as another godawful shock character, and even a (semi-)clone in the vein of Doc if it weren't for Mario already having Jumpman's color scheme as a palette swap.

Also...Skull Kid being demanded by fans on anything resembling K. Rool's level...

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Despite the fan demand, Sakurai is going to decide which role fits the best for each Nintendo character. Not saying that K. Rool shouldn't be playable though.
Sure, because that clearly happened with Ridley last time. But the point is that K. Rool is much, much more highly requested than Skull Kid. Maybe Skull Kid will be in Smash 5 or something.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
All Jumpman really has going for him is the element of surprise like G&W and ROB, which is probably why the "leaker" chose him. If anything 8-bit DK is more iconic and popular (and could be substantially different than... normal DK, though that's not going to happen either).

And as for the Ganondorf being cut part, I guess since that might not be from the same person it probably shouldn't be used to judge the validity of the rest of the "leak", which, excluding Jumpman, isn't that ridiculous or unrealistic. But yeah, it's probably fake, if only because like 99% of Smash "leaks" are.

Shame we won't know about its validity until we learn the status of Snake and/or Bowser Jr, which might take a while. Or I guess Mii, Dixie, Lucario, or ROB could get deconfirmed, but tbh I doubt any of them will be. At least not soon.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
While I personally support Pac-Man, I wouldn't be butthurt if he isn't playable... I would only be disappointed that I didn't get to witness Smashchu's nervous breakdown had Pac-Man been confirmed to be playable. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Jumpman?

Jumpman.

Sad as it may be, "Jumpman" and Mario co-existing doesn't seem that strange.
Thankfully, that "rumor" is a load of bullocks. It's clear that it was made by a user here in an attempt to seem like a legit leaker, especially the fact they admitted they were someone on SmashBoards.
Question is....who?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No ganondorf? That rumor is ****ed up yo
See, I dunno if that was the same guy under a different username or not; it was just posted in response to someone else asking about the roster. As far as I know, it could be any old GameFAQs schmuck, and probably is, I just stuck it on there for completion's sake. Curmudgeon can decide what to add to the OP from there.

D

Deleted member

Jumpman's Final Smash would probably sicing his pet gorilla on everyone.

The only way Jumpman would be cool is if he was in his flat, 8-bit, hammer wielding glory. The problem with that is there is another flat hammer wielding version of Mario that most people want more.

Though if they went with the Jumpman from Donkey Kong Jr. and included his more villainous side Jumpman would be kind of interesting. Especially if he brought his Snapjaws along with him

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Now see, I would main Jumpman in a heartbeat if he was playable (though I am a bit biased). He would make a terrific rep for the pre-Super Mario Bros. games. Not just the DK trilogy, but Wrecking Crew as well. Heck, you could throw in RadarScope if you wanted.

Of course, I don't think we'll get Jumpman over another retro or obscure rep. Plus Stanley the Bugman would have a better chance.

D

Deleted member

B-but Jumpman is Mario's evil animal abusing counterpart....

....come to think of it, Mario still abuses animals....that *******.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hey guys, I don't visit this thread that often, so I think it's about time I change tha-

(reads SmashChu's post. Then sees the obviously fake, though cancer inducing "leak" from GameFAQs)

......maybe I should keep my visits to this thread rare ones after all.....

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Boo hoo, Smashchu was mean to mean.

You made a post about how my argument was full of holes but never bother to actually point anything out. Your comment just exist to be degrading with no actual content. Who who is the real ******* here.
There is support for every character so what is the point of your argument.

You post tell me this argument was not for a point but for semantics. Every character is going to be discussed and have some request. I don't think there is anyone with 0 so your point is correct, but it serves no purpose. Yet the points you bring up are of quality so already the meaning and context are lost. You claim argument with me loses brain cells yet your the one who doesn't understand flow and consistency.

I'll make sly remarks to some of the stuff but there is no point in trying to make a well thought response to someone who turned 3 paragraphs into 15 quotes and who thinks posting silly images makes them intelligent or clever.

Math isn't your strong suit either. If Pac-Man has has fewer votes that a lot of other characters, wouldn't that mean more than 3 million people would care about Pac-Man

So because Snake was added at a friends request that means Pac-Man can be added for a completely unrelated reason. That doesn't even make logical sense. Your saying that "Because the exception makes the rules, anything is possible." Nice catch all huh?

Again, semantics. From what Groose has brought back and Chrono's original research, they never consider him a likely candidate. The assumption he'll get in is solely a western one.

I love how your points never have a clear logical flow. They jump from A to Q.'

People still complain about Ganondorf and Mewtwo was planned to be added (you can blame Sonic, a unique character), for that. S

OH NO GUYS ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT NOW BECAUSE HIS BITE MOVES HIM ACROSS THE STAGE, SO INSTEAD OF A CLONE OF WARIO'S BITE WE NOW HAVE META-KNIGHTS TRIPLE DASH. SEE, HE'S ORIGINAL.

Moves like the crash bomb, the buster, Nakita (spelling?), the C4, the homing attack and spin dash and so on are unique moves with unique functions. Not a moves to make a character seem different.

1)Jigglypuff is the only character who rolls.
2)Sonic can also jump during his
3)Sonic has other unique abilities like the homing attack and his speed
4)Sonic has other reasons to add him as well.

And really, not an original moveset makes characters automatically not interesting? By your logic no one should want to play as clones or semi-clones then. People would dread having to play as them, right? Or at least they'd flock to the original, yeah? Wonder why it doesn't work out that way... maybe because characters don't have to be completely original to still find an audience that is interested by them.

Sonic has source material. How did you not get that?

Do people even take you seriously?

This point has been brought up before. People don't recognize with the Pac-Man outside of the arcade game. This is also why his newest game bombed.

No, your inferring. Consider my argument was Pac-Man wont be added because he isn't popular and doesn't have unique abilities. Again, this is why we don't break a 3 paragraph argument into 15 quotes.

You mean how Pac-Man has roughly 600 votes in a poll with less than 2400 votes total? So one in four people want him? So over 500 people want him? Yeah, that must mean no one wants him, yes? And the ratio isn't going to decrease if you make it more public. Sure, maybe his ratio wouldn't grow tremendously, but one in every four people who recognizes him probably would like to see him in Smash, while many many people probably wouldn't even recognize the majority of the other characters on the poll, which would cause their numbers to falter a bit, making Pac-Man look, overall, better. I'm not saying he'll ever be top of the charts, but to actually argue that no one wants to see him is a bit foolish.

Unlike most people, and unlike yourself, I put my *** on the line. Everyone was wrong about the roster. Difference was I took a stab at it. And again, because I was wrong once doesn't mean I'll be wrong again (that's another fallacy). My arguments are what they are. The points as they stand.

You didn't prove anything. Most of your points lacked logical flow and relied on half ask sly remarks and logical fallacies. You just proven you can't debate.

If you attempt to argument with me again, come up with sound reasonable point. Don't waste my time again.[/quote]
there a diffrence in taking a stab at the roster then claiming your opinion is 100 percent fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom