• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My reaction to that rumour

Man, JonTron is such a great reaction source.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Do you think that sakurai would cut out his main? Ganondorf is the best

Well to be honest, if he were going to be as crappy as his brawl-version then I wouldn't mind cutting him.

BUT FOR THE SAKE OF MAKING SENSE, NEVER MIND

But really, I wouldn't mind if that were the outcome

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Guys, new leak from GameFAQS popped up last night. It's deleted now, but having foreseen that, I copied it over for when Smashboards came back up. This guy's name is "SmashBrosLeak."

Specifically made this account to avoid any trouble.
I'm on these boards and Smash Boards under a different acct. name.
Found out a few things and I'm willing to share. I trust my source, but I haven't seen anything first hand:

-Roster is around 40 characters
-Mewtwo is back
-Dixie Kong, Mii, Jumpman are all in
-ROB, Lucario are back
-Snake is not back
-Bowser Jr. is an Assist Trophy
-There's a stage based on Tetris
-The Cannon Box from Super Mario 3D World is an item

This is everything I know, don't bother to ask me about more information.

Later in the thread, a guy under a different username (Fishy12, if I remember correctly) answered a guy's question about certain characters. I imagine this guy was just a separate troll, though the leaker may have neglected to switch back from his regular account before answering.

-Ganondorf is NOT back. Ridley and King K Rool are both adventure mode bosses.

Needless to say, I think it's a crock of s***, but it's worth catalogging for completion's sake nevertheless. This is not the first time someone has brought up the simultaneous inclusion of Mewtwo/Dixie/Mii, Ridley/K. Rool being bosses, and the roster being 40 characters.
Let me see.

For a leak to be accepted on da internetz, it must contain:

- A believable and easy to predict information (40 characters) CHECK
- The return or inclusion of a very requested character (Mewtwo) CHECK
- The inclusion of a completely unpredictable character (Jumpman) CHECK
- The inclusion of a much predicted character (Dixie, Mii) CHECK
- The predictable cut of a character (Snake) CHECK
- The unpredictable cut of a character (Ganondorf) CHECK
- A few disappointing but possible scenarios (K. Rool, Ridley, Jr.) CHECK
- A few random details "because I happened to see just a match of it by chance" (Tetris stage, Cannon Box) CHECK

Hence, this leak is very well crafted, but lacks of originality. To be believable a leak should try to avoid to check all the boxes.
8.5/10

D

Deleted member

"OMG GANONDORF CUT? CAN'T BE TRUE!"

....what if in response to the all the clone complaints, he brings in classic pig Ganon instead?

Not that I believe the rumor, but saying Ganondorf's removal (if that WAS part of the initial rumor and not someone's own addition to it) discredits it doesn't make sense.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I actually would be fine with cutting Ganondorf if it means replacing him with Ganon. Canonically, they are the same person anyway.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I don't care too much about anything in the 'leak' (other than Ganondorf, if that's included ;_; ), except for "a stage based on Tetris"

Holy wow this needs to happen.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I still want The Dorf over Piggy Ganon. I like the LoZ games with Piggy Ganon the best, but Dorf is already established into Smash Bros, and he already feels like a very great character, despite his flaws in Brawl. Never liked the idea of cutting a character just to get another variation of him/her in, only exception would be Young Link to Toon Link.

memememe

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't mind seeing Ganon. Wouldn't be surprised, either.
Also, Fishy12 is probably a different person trying to get a piece of the attention. Not on SmashBoards.
Not that it gives this new leak any credibility.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
The whole Jumpman and cut of Ganondorf is what makes it seems fake for me...Mario is Jumpan after all ._.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The first part was plausible actually. 'Cept Jumpman.
The second part is what got me. No Ganondorf? Ridley and K. Rool as bosses? :rotfl:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The second part is what got me. No Ganondorf? Ridley and K. Rool as bosses? :rotfl:
Well, to be honest the most likely scenario for Ridley outside of being a playable character is reprising his role as a boss again, so that's not unbelievable. All the fake leakers saying K. Rool is a boss obviously just say so because Ridley, a fan favorite reptile villain, ended up being a boss in Brawl, it's a really lame attempt at trying to make part of the rumor negative (thus "believable"), but they're missing that K. Rool is just very unfit of the boss role in Smash Bros.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well, to be honest the most likely scenario for Ridley outside of being a playable character is reprising his role as a boss again, so that's not unbelievable. All the fake leakers saying K. Rool is a boss obviously just say so because Ridley, a fan favorite reptile villain, ended up being a boss in Brawl, it's a really lame attempt at trying to make part of the rumor negative (thus "believable"), but they're missing that K. Rool is just very unfit of the boss role in Smash Bros.
K. Rool is unfit, but I feel like if Ridley isn't playable he will be a stage hazard.
Not a boss, although that is also very possible. Assist trophy may be plausible also.

D

Deleted member

K. Rool is unfit as a boss?

I get that the better/more acceptable route for ol' eye tic is as a playable character, but he's just as "fit" to be a boss as Ridley is.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
K. Rool is unfit as a boss?

I get that the better/more acceptable route for ol' eye tic is as a playable character, but he's just as "fit" to be a boss as Ridley is.
But Ridley is a dragon. Dragon anatomy dictates that he should be a boss.
K. Rool is a crocodile. Crocodiles come in all shapes and sizes. :troll:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

....what if in response to the all the clone complaints, he brings in classic pig Ganon instead?

Not that I believe the rumor, but saying Ganondorf's removal (if that WAS part of the initial rumor and not someone's own addition to it) discredits it doesn't make sense.
I..... actually wouldn't mind that....

Uh oh what did I say, here comes the angry mob and their pitchforks heading my way....

Hoots

Can Be Combative
If that leak is indeed true, then we can chalk Smash 4 up as a failure. Having 3 Zelda reps, two of which being Links, would be an absolute travesty. Not to mention an increase of 5 to Brawl's roster is an embarrassment.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If that leak is indeed true, then we can chalk Smash 4 up as a failure. Having 3 Zelda reps, two of which being Links, would be an absolute travesty. Not to mention an increase of 5 to Brawl's roster is an embarrassment.
Too bad people will defend a 40 character roster to no end and claim everyone got their hopes up too high for wanting anything more...

Hell, even Ganondorf getting cut would be cheered by some depraved corners of the Internet.

This would make me...sooooooo happy.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Too bad people will defend a 40 character roster to no end and claim everyone got their hopes up too high for wanting anything more...
Sadly, yes, even though that is a pathetic roster number.

Hell, even Ganondorf getting cut would be cheered by some depraved corners of the Internet.
What would be their excuse?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hmm.. this is interesting news, but I would rather have them delay the game for more characters. (Unless they have been developing all the characters simontaneously)
If were seriously having only 40 characters, I don't see Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda going up 5 characters.
Maybe with all the extra help, it gets out sooner?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
We have 3 new characters. Brings 35 up to 38.

(If the only rumor with some evidence of being accurate is to be believed, we have 6 new characters bringing 35 up to 41)

Sakurai said mix things about cuts. That cuts are probably necessary due to time constraints and that he is trying hard not to cut any character (from what i recall).

So, 40 seems very hard to imagine. I can see mid 40's to possibly 50 characters.

D

Deleted member

I see no situation in which we don't get at least forty-five characters (transformation included), so I don't see us getting just forty slots when all is said and done. Early fifties (transformation included) is more likely.

As for the release announcement, I doubt we're going to see the game in Spring, 2014. I would expect a delay to at least Q3 2014 when all is said and done.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

A 40 characters roster, even if deeply disappointing, wouldn't absolutely mean a bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom