• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtleknight is obnoxious obv :012:. - Marth+

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
shall be past from
* passed

You actually couldn't do this modification with just pacs, anyway. It uses a dgrav value that is less than 1 with a proportionally higher fgrav, so it actually ends up giving more ugrav than dgrav. The result is a marth that peaks faster than he used to, but stays in the air longer if you don't ff.
That sounds like what we've been looking for.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Viet messed up on that set, actually. He ended up giving marth a net reduction in dgrav, which was not the intention. He still has a lot more ugrav than dgrav in that gct, which should give you an idea of how it feels.

I'm gonna spend some time in the next couple days trying to perfect these marth physics. Melee marth had an unusually amazing combination of effortless shdf along with fast shffls. Characters in melee have more ugrav than dgrav universally, which is the only way this is possible. However, trying to find a balance where this also works in brawl+ is surprisingly difficult.

But yeah... sorry to disappoint you neko, but marth is not yet at melee elegance. We're trying, though!

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone actually manually b-stick dancing blade for some horizontal boost when recovering? I've never seen that done. =o

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
you can do aerials and smashes without the C-stick, you just have to practice to be able to do retreating aerials.
Let me rephrase that:

I'd rather not give up my precision aerials and smashes, thanks.

@Maestro:

"Manual" B-sticking? There is no such thing. The very definition of b-sticking is... using... a... b-stick... I think you mean using the momentum glitch with b-reversals. Big difference, man. lol

At any rate, that only works when you already have momentum afaik, and all it does is switch its direction.

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
Also it can be B-sticked for a slight horizontal boost. If done correctly, the first hit's red coloring will look jagged. Manually B-stick to the direction of choice to get this little boost. If you use DBN1 (Dancing Blade Neutral 1; referring to the same thing here) after a second jump, you get an extra vertical boost. As Marth, you should appreciate these little boosts every chance you get.
I was kinda referring to this part of the opening post of this thread. Sorry if I was confusing anyone by just randomly throwing this out there lol.

Manually b-sticking is hard to explain, you sort of tap away from the direction you have momentum in and do a special, then b-reverse that special back in the direction you have momentum in...

I imagine that for b-sticked dancing blade to actually give horizontal boost for recovery, you'd have to be really fast at manually b-sticking. x_x

Still haven't tested it though. >_>

VietGeek

Smash Hero
so as long as you're not hit by a projectile like wolf/falco's lasers, you have enough momentum (just natural standard momentum) for b-sticking to actually take you somewhere.

also you can b-stick manually forward, it's just that the inputs usually take you backwards...

btw b-sticking to get out of the ******** fd lip is always hope-inducing

obv

<_<

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
SHDF is easy with the GSH1 build >.> that or I'm just being placebo *****.

OH **** I just got epic trolled didn't I

VietGeek

Smash Hero
using the power of butterfree i revive this thread to rise once more

to sing the song of moons

to speak of the days of old

to break the cuffs on resentment

to dash in the waves of glory

to blow the winds of change that will forever shape the society man has called

altea

VietGeek

Smash Hero
♪ Mulberry Tree Theme Song ♪

the whimsical rantings of the mulberry tree

one would think that it would be able to see

but alas it cannot and only conjures me

for i am the great mulberry tree

no one other than me can obv be

the great and powerful mulberry tree

and now the waves of the moon fantasize me

chains of the cuff will be broken free

for the enfolding mantle will see~

the great mulberry tree

OB-VI-OUS-LY! :012:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
shff fair is so good we could just give gsh2 marth roy physics and he would seize top tier like throne usurper zant w/o scene skip whilst the pirates do a triple backflip into roman canceled DPs on a loli ninja that spews fire while babbling nonsense about her village's secret technique to make fried sushi medium rare

Veril

Frame Savant
for those who think fair isn't absolute ****... lol

KK here's some stuff for you kids, updated from before:

jump startup: 4 frames •••• SHFF airtime: 27 frames •••• SH airtime: 40 frames •••• FH airtime: 58 frames

Fair
Hits: 4-8
min frame for fair to hit: 4
reasonable frame for tipper fair to hit: 5
Aerial IASA: 39
landing lag: 7

Can be SHFF autocanceled or land-canceled (optimal). Fair is absolutely insane when landed well. If there are platforms... O.o Its also possible to SH fair and double jump or up-b. SH sjr fair ;p

fair effective shield advantage (accounting for SHLD)
landed tipper fair: 8 - #frames excess airtime - 7: max adv of 1
landed non-tipper fair: 10 - #frames excess airtime - 7: max adv of 3

optimal landed non-tip fair effective advantage@0 on hit:~21 (AFW: 17)
optimal ledge-canceled fair adv@0 on hit: 27 (AFW: 27)
*AFW: aerial followup window

frame perfect SHFF fair frame map: cause I am that sad. You can input fair earlier as long as you land asap after the hit. This is just the ideal. Practice yo' tech skill, Martha+s.

Frame 0: input jump for SH
Frame 24: input FF
Frame 26/27: input fair for tipper/non-tipper
frame 31: hit!
Frame 32: land
frame 38: input... something
Frame 39+: no mo' lag... profit

combos into: almost anything. Self-combos. Hawt.

:jigglypuff:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
good sh*t, added with a weird explanation...err feel free to see if i said anything incorrect veril (morning johns) :012:

oh and ya, the fact it's almost always optimal to SHFF it now means ROY JOINTH TEH DAIRANTOU SMASH BROTHERS X OBV

THATS RIGHT NEKO

YOU HAVE TO

PLAY ROY NOW

ふふふふふふふふふふふふふふ~

Top Bottom