• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, OH - Nope's Monthly "It's a Piece of Cake" Smashfests (Jan. 31st)

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
I know it was my favorite part but half of my very small crew have girlfriends and since then have either been always inaccessible or always anti-brawl, meaning we only have two for Brawl crews and three for Melee and Smash64 crews.

I'm thinking it'd just be easiest to make a "no-girlfriend" requirement but then I'd feel corrupt as though I'm abusing my power as the leader of SODA whenever a perdy lady enters the room and my eyes stray.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Doubles be my favorite, I want 'em if we can get 'em. My doubles team needs way more experience.

Dayton may have to mix-and-match crews if we're going to stand up to the 'field at Brawl, honestly. I know if not then SODA alone is going to just get rolled again, and I don't know who else you guys have other than scribbz and fromundaman. If you do have others I'm unfamiliar with and want to run it yourselves feel free to crush the 'field for us, but I think our best shot is to combine forces.

I'm thinking Scribbz, Fro, Para && Nano would be our best shot. I need to play more with Fizz, I don't have a good feel for where he is at right now.

Hmm, it'd be simpler this way: I'm to stubborn to join another crew but I'm considering dropping our Melee/Go requirement and inviting Fro Scribs && Fizz into SODA. It sucks having to get a ringer every crew battle.
We want Daytons best shot at Brawl crews. We have six. So any 6 from Dayton will do.:chuckle:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Or you could just make it a temp crew... I dunno, we have 4 counting the G&W player if he shows up, and 5 if you aren't including Fizz in yours, but I don't really feel our skill levels are equal, though I don't really know if that matters much for crews anyway.

Edit: You know neither me nor Scribble fit in these anti-GF laws :laugh:

Paradigm

Smash Ace
No Fizz isn't officially in our crew (yet?). No obligation to join I just figured I'd throw it out there. Probably easiest ya'll don't 'cuz I'ma be all go-strats up in this smashfest. Avalanch Joseki ftw.

We could just combine as a temp Dayton crew, or have SODA's two Brawlers ring for your crew.

We'll have to see if LKP want to do Brawl crews and see how many they have.

Or maybe we just do a regional crews, Dayton v Springfield. It think that'd be most epic.

If we're not doing Dayton v Springfield Melee crews I'd like to do SODA vs LKP. LKP have been doing way to much Melee-trash-talking for SODA to let that slide by. SODA will need to grab someone to ring (Fizz?).

wakka444

Smash Ace
LKP's brawlers are paranormalsin and silhouette but we can participate in anything really, ive been brushing up on my 64^^

LKP accepts any challenges from dayton for melee as long as its paradigm vs paranormalsin for all the marbles!!

Paradigm

Smash Ace
If I had more time to get my groov back I'd totally do a para-match where the loser can't use "para" in the name anymore and sin would have to make a new account when I beat him. For nizzle though I'ma have to settle with a $2MM and maybe clean house in some Melee teams or Melee Crews.

soap

Smash Hero
No Fizz isn't officially in our crew (yet?). No obligation to join I just figured I'd throw it out there. Probably easiest ya'll don't 'cuz I'ma be all go-strats up in this smashfest. Avalanch Joseki ftw.

We could just combine as a temp Dayton crew, or have SODA's two Brawlers ring for your crew.

We'll have to see if LKP want to do Brawl crews and see how many they have.

Or maybe we just do a regional crews, Dayton v Springfield. It think that'd be most epic.

If we're not doing Dayton v Springfield Melee crews I'd like to do SODA vs LKP. LKP have been doing way to much Melee-trash-talking for SODA to let that slide by. SODA will need to grab someone to ring (Fizz?).
ill play for dayton:)

i can play brawl 2

i go marth

and swing my sword:)

Nope

Smash Lord
no pools for singles, I don't want every minute of the smashfest to be scheduled. so doubles and singles tourneys for fun and then crews if we have time. there will be friendlies running a lot as well. It's a smashfest after all.

lets also work out some epic crew battles this time

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
Man I can't wait, last time was too fun. Yes, I am confirmed, barring some freak catastrophe occurs. :bigthumbu I'm bringing Bowser back, and who knows, maybe someone special. :psycho:

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I know it was my favorite part but half of my very small crew have girlfriends and since then have either been always inaccessible or always anti-brawl, meaning we only have two for Brawl crews and three for Melee and Smash64 crews.

I'm thinking it'd just be easiest to make a "no-girlfriend" requirement but then I'd feel corrupt as though I'm abusing my power as the leader of SODA whenever a perdy lady enters the room and my eyes stray.
but im engaged

also we may have yet another couple of people who will be there, im bringing three besides myself and we may have another car follow with others

also is it possible to be a little early? It would be easier if i could leave before my *** parents woke up (like 1pm)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
but im engaged

also we may have yet another couple of people who will be there, im bringing three besides myself and we may have another car follow with others

also is it possible to be a little early? It would be easier if i could leave before my *** parents woke up (like 1pm)
You mean leave Dayton by 1 PM, right?

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I am coming for sure now.

I can bring a Wii (and I sware I won't forget hookups). It has Homebrew if anyone wants to play around with Manonchu or Melee physics.

Maybe I can work on my Marth this smashfest and have him ready for the tourney in Feb.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I keep hearing all this crew talk about Dayton and Springfield. Where's the Cincy love?:crying:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
sorry guys, but I think I'm gonna be going to the Michigan tourney instead.

Because there is competition there that I have faced before, and I have a score to settle.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Sheesh I didn't know Dayton was bringing so many people.

Man I'm torn I don't know if I'd rather have like 4 or 5 crews all battling it out (like last time just now only Brawl), or if I want to do a regional royal of greatness aka THE FIEND v DAYTON: THIS TIME IT'S FOR ALL THE MARBLES. I doubt there'll be time for both if we also have the usual singles and doubles and friendlies and MM-between-the-para's and what not.

After some thought, a ~10man v ~10man huge city crew battle of greatness would be most epic. That gets my vote.

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
Sheesh I didn't know Dayton was bringing so many people.

Man I'm torn I don't know if I'd rather have like 4 or 5 crews all battling it out (like last time just now only Brawl), or if I want to do a regional royal of greatness aka THE FIEND v DAYTON: THIS TIME IT'S FOR ALL THE MARBLES. I doubt there'll be time for both if we also have the usual singles and doubles and friendlies and MM-between-the-para's and what not.

After some thought, a ~10man v ~10man huge city crew battle of greatness would be most epic. That gets my vote.
i like the idea of a big *** crew battle lol

lou4222

Smash Lord
I personally like playing in crews with the people you play with normally. Springfield vs Dayton would be fun but Id vote for LKP vs our crew and then vs the other Dayton crews. Speakig of which we really need to come up with a name that isnt zombiechoos or whatever the hell warfie proposed haha.

Nope

Smash Lord
10 man does seem pretty epic for some springfield pride we can do it I think! we will talk about it saturday

Nope

Smash Lord
Zombichu! and you already have one plus we have something in the works already

Also Please bring setups!!!! we want to have as many going as possible for the people here so don't forget them

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
10 man does seem pretty epic for some springfield pride we can do it I think! we will talk about it saturday
im sure holtz and i could hold our own pretty well :D

and paradigm, you couldnt beat me in melee even if you have been practicing for the whole week. we all know i beat you all the time in melee and even since my falcon has gotten pretty crazy, it will be a ton of fun to combo samus.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Hey guys, you should try and grab the people from dayton ohio weeklies to go to this if they already aren't.

I'm still deciding if I want to go with my friends to OHAYOCON and spend a whole bunch of money that I BARELY have to enter a somewhat janky smash brothers tournament when last years competition was trash.

That being said I had a couple quick questions.

1) How many people are we expecting? Will OHAYOCON be affecting this weekend's attendance?

2) How late do these usually last?

3) If I do show up with a couple people would anyone want to MM me?

4) Possibility for a small tournament?

5) How many set-ups? I might be able to bring a set-up if I attend.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Fizz - I think the problem is no crew from Ohio that isn't based in/around a city that starts with a "C" can really stand up to SODA in Melee and they're all scared. Zombichu and LKP and whatever the other Dayton crew is called are all included.

Tosser - Dayton's going no worries. Heck I think Dayton is going to be like half the people there. Don't go to Ohayocon because it's icky and this is less icky.

1) I think it's going to be about 20 people, maybe a bit more

2) Last two lasted quite late into the AM's. My crew were all half asleep by the end of 'em.

3) I may be up for a Melee MM :D I already have one scheduled.

4) For whatever reason there's been objections to pay-to-enter tournaments, but there will be friendly ones. I think there's plans for future pay-for tournaments at these things.

5) Bring a setup. Attend.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'm thinking of making a hybrid event out of it and kind of not. I feel bad because all my friends are going to ohayocon which is right next door to you guys and I feel like I'm saying, "hey guys I don't wanna go to your party" then go immediately to their neighbor's party...

Anyhoo, I've narrowed it down to two plans now.

1) Grab King Yoshi, BYAA!, and Beegs and head down to Springfield and play lots of brawl.

2) Wake up real early Saturday and head down to Columbus, pay 30$ to enter the con, GRAB AS MANY FREEBIES AS I CAN. Hang out with friends and laugh it up till the brawl tournament at 3 P.M. Win the brawl tournament then head over to Springfield and play lots of brawl.

There are obvious flaws in plan 2 mainly the waking up early and paying 30$ parts...

I guess It'll depend on what King Yoshi and Beegs say as well. King Yoshi should probably be down for it but beegs will probably have to work.

soap

Smash Hero
First, Melee is demoted to 2 tvs in the basement
Then possibly 1 tv
Now, Melee is out of crews with the removal of the trigame battletorium
*SIGH*
Maybe we can go trigame against LKP or something? Melee should matter at least a little bit!!!!!!

EDIT: http://static.filefront.com/ffv6/video/fullpage.php?v=922526&autorun=true
How far has melee fallen?:crying:
A. That video is ridiculously long and boring as well as biased towards west coast i hear. I am not sure as i havent watched past 5 minutes.

B. I will bring a melee setup + TV but if i have to sit in a cold basement im going home early :ohwell:

Top Bottom