• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, OH - Nope's Monthly "It's a Piece of Cake" Smashfests (Jan. 31st)

wakka444

Smash Ace
History was made tonight as I beat Paradigm for the first time ever and this is a big day for me ^^ yaaay me
ps:digm play more melee and learn up+B

soap

Smash Hero
Easiest two bucks ive ever made!
Jk was good games digm :)

Also, Sam had a lot of fun this time and is hoping next time that you guys strike up a convo with her. :]

Edit: RipN, sucks u had to play me first round but you other guys in the field need some BETTER olimar to play against ( sorry lou xD ) so remind holtz to call me cause im only like 5 min out.
i didnt get 2 play u in melee, i came late

RipN

Smash Apprentice
RipN, sucks u had to play me first round but you other guys in the field need some BETTER olimar to play against ( sorry lou xD ) so remind holtz to call me cause im only like 5 min out.
Well I didn't actually play you first round, but indeed... we need some more oli around here. I need to find an alt to him... Falco wasn't doing too bad despite the fact I haven't played him in... 1-2 months or so.

I'm going to do a recap of the night here soon, so keep a look out for it. Great playing with everybody again!

RipN

Smash Apprentice
Recap

Crew Battle??

Well the day started off interesting. The Dayton Crew threw out a bunch of trash talk on the threads before. It wasn't backed up when the time came to. Springfield ran Dayton out of the house and out of the town. Videos will be posted soon of the rampage when they're done capturing. The MVP of the Crew Battle was... bum bum ba bum!! CapEm! Who took about 8 stocks from Dayton :confused: before finally getting knocked out. Springfield went through only a few of the people before Dayton was done for. At the end of the battle, Fizz put in a good effort, but came up short (that's what she said). All in all, it was great fun.

Singles

The singles tourney featured 23 contestants. There were some really close match-ups, upsets, and the good ol' "face-palm" shockers! One of the biggest upsets was right off of the bat when Nope, the "hometown favorite" was put into the LB the very first round. The new tourney attendee, Skribble, placed second in his first tourney after sending CapEm to the LB in the championship match to force another round with him, but only to lose to him in the rematch. The biggest shocker was... Yeah... Ganondorf, who was played by Fonz. Who placed 5th in the singles tournament. After going undefeated against a Diddy, Pit, and a Peach, he was put down by the ever so loved, OP, Metaknight. Once in the LB, sweet revenge was on the horizon from a not so happy Snake :( who put him out of the Tourney.

Congratulations To The Following

1st - Capem
2nd - Skribble
3rd - Nano
4th - Nope

Doubles

After the long and exhausting singles tournament, it was time for doubles. While singles had 23 contestants, doubles only had 7 teams (14 contestants). Team "Jungle Book", Featuring Cake and Champ, took the championship after defeating Team DI, featuring Nope and Lou. To be honest, I wasn't paying attention to doubles. So the highlights were (insert highlights here)!!! WOOT!

Congratulations To The Following

1st - Team Jungle Book
2nd - Team DI

Well it was a great time. This was the last free tournaments that we're going to be hosting. Next tournament that we're hosting will be money tournaments. Looking at the calendar, it may be possible to have two money tournaments before we host our Midwest Circuit championship in downtown Springfield, Bushnell Center. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218220

Stay in touch with the boards to see the next date for a Smash Fest!

(Insert Catchy Phrase Here)!!!!!!:laugh:

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
nano really owes me for his placing :D just saying :D

anyway, soap, coming late, by like 5 hours, is not coming late. its being really lazy and not showing up till you felt like it :D

anyway. as sam already knows, the next one is for money, so expect me to stay the whole time to take some money from you guys.....with of course the exception of holtz....i will find a counter!

fonzi21

Smash Ace
good games all. Was a ton of fun. Thanks for everyone that showed up please continue to come to our smashfests!

Great games everyone hope to see you next month!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Good games guys.

To add to your recap RipN:

Yeah, Capem was insane tonight. I just want to point out I got two stocks off him in crews though before going down (Good thing that was the first time we played though, because he ***** me every other time.).

Also, I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that Scribble and I took 3rd in doubles with team HONGRY/DREAMLAND (AKA Kirby and MK/Wario).

Yeah, okay, enough shameless promotion... I didn't do nearly well enough to warrant that.

Great games guys, and it was a lot of fun.

Oh, and Cake/Fonz rocked the doubles ban games.

soap

Smash Hero
anyway, soap, coming late, by like 5 hours, is not coming late. its being really lazy and not showing up till you felt like it :D
i clearly wasnt being lazy. i stated in the thread i had prior obligations till 5. then my car was iced in and i had to convince my friend to drive.

glad i came though, gg's. Reside those IC's are an inspiration. U should wavedash utilt more its too good.

QUIVO

Smash Master
i went to ohayocon and hung out with jons and vidjo a bit. We were supposed to play, but things didn't turn out so hott

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Dayton was done for. At the end of the battle, Fizz put in a good effort, but came up short (that's what she said). All in all, it was great fun.
You guys had like 16 stock left when I started! Nothing short of a miracle could have changed the way things turned from there. Taking 6 stocks is usually enough to help....

Anyways, props to Fonz for takin out Blowshi and Nope in low tier crews. Next time, I won't let Sonic get that Pawnch off on my Squirtle. It's too embarassing:laugh:

Nope

Smash Lord
Good games guys.
Also, I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that Scribble and I took 3rd in doubles with team HONGRY/DREAMLAND (AKA Kirby and MK/Wario).
you guys got 4th slip n slide fot 3rd (Capem and Fonz) 2nd was DI (Lou and I) 1st was jungle book (Champ and Cake)

RipN

Smash Apprentice
Crew Battle!!

Springfield Vs Dayton

Round 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utng4xKN35A
Round 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWiYfzl34jQ
Round 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vrPi29cKV8
Round 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JEh79Hkuo8
Round 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnxBnMVf3bI
Round 6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqwuvEOZyvM
Round 7 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDe8yp1BOJg
Round 8 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpZOPUTEtas
Round 9 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6tLAnU6ktw
Round 10 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldkowMJgIBY
Round 11 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZzEN5mW6qc
Round 12 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lonFKwPqVl4
Round 13 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JEQRq3uCdg

If you haven't read the Recap section I posted earlier, then basically. Dayton lost. Short and sweet... Watch and see how bad they lost.

I'm also in the progress of making a highlights video of the Crew Battle. Will be done shortly.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Ugh... My Yoshi choked so many times against MK in that crew battle...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey, the first match of the crew battles is mislabeled. It's actually supposed to be Fromundaman vs Capem.

Yeah Nicalobe, you and Scribble both played pretty badly that match... Your Yoshi was an inspiration though. I look forward to trying that Yoshi ditto again next month.

Also, Cake... *waves another dollar bill and another Mario buckertins in the air* I challenge you to a rematch next month. (And I call mulligans in advance if we random Diddy vs ICs.)

wakka444

Smash Ace
Hiiiiiiiiiii paradigm =D
Not yet it helps for ppl to throw out good dates for them so holtz/ripn and them can plan accordingly especially with the first tourney this time around

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I had to miss this one...

Can't wait until next months though ^_^

Nope

Smash Lord
Ok so Feb is a tough month... 7-8th is too soon and its Clash of the Titans anyway. The following weekend is valentines day so I can't request off work this day and the money is too good to miss. the 21st is OUGAs tourney and I will be going to that then. The 28th is a possible date for wings and brew to happen so I don't want to steal that from AZ. In March the 7th is the first Midwest East Circuit event so thats a no. The earliest I could see this happening is the 2nd weekend in march. It will also be a 5$ brawl singles and doubles tourney this time, so it will start earlier in the day.

Also no one forget! April 11th Springfield is hosting a Midwest Circuit event!!!! so plan to be there an official thread will go up as soon as all the rules are set up.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
lol Wakka after this Melee upset I'm not going to allow a Brawl repeat. I'ma be so far up in your head that I will be way up there.

Someone call me if they will be driving through (or from?) Dayton on the way to any of the events Nope mentioned. I'm itching to get my ZSS some more experience.

wakka444

Smash Ace
im working on a surprise for brawl^^
and ima go ahead and keep winning in melee against you if thats cool=)
you can chill in my head its like i use it anyways=P

And holtz thats awesome really getting springfield in the smash scene!!

lou4222

Smash Lord
Ok so Feb is a tough month... 7-8th is too soon and its Clash of the Titans anyway. The following weekend is valentines day so I can't request off work this day and the money is too good to miss. the 21st is OUGAs tourney and I will be going to that then. The 28th is a possible date for wings and brew to happen so I don't want to steal that from AZ. In March the 7th is the first Midwest East Circuit event so thats a no. The earliest I could see this happening is the 2nd weekend in march. It will also be a 5$ brawl singles and doubles tourney this time, so it will start earlier in the day.

Also no one forget! April 11th Springfield is hosting a Midwest Circuit event!!!! so plan to be there an official thread will go up as soon as all the rules are set up.
I cant envision AZ getting all that ironed out by the 28th. If he doesnt get it going can we say that it will be 28th so we have something for sure?

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
I cant envision AZ getting all that ironed out by the 28th. If he doesnt get it going can we say that it will be 28th so we have something for sure?
agreed, plus, if this one is for money, there is no way im leaving early because i will be taking atleast 2nd....until i find out how to stop holtz anyway

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
agreed, plus, if this one is for money, there is no way im leaving early because i will be taking atleast 2nd....until i find out how to stop holtz anyway
The way to stop holtz is to have him play me in the first round haha...but don't forget about the rest of the crew when claiming that 2nd place crown, i think champ, fonz, lou and cakes might have something to say about that ;)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey guys, by the way, I forgot to mention that I accidentally took a controller that isn't mine. I thought it was due to markings on the L button, but after a closer look it isn't.

This controller is grey and has black marks on the L and R buttons, and a black mark on the plastic under the C stick, as well as scratches seemingly randomly on the controller and finally quite a few parts where the grey color has faded out.

This also leads me to ask, did anyone take my controller?
It's a grey controller in decent condition with a mark on the L button. The L button also is harder to push in if you hit it from the very back of it, and the Z button occasionally clicks.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
The way to stop holtz is to have him play me in the first round haha...but don't forget about the rest of the crew when claiming that 2nd place crown, i think champ, fonz, lou and cakes might have something to say about that ;)
They all play good but the only one i havent beaten is holtz. So im not too afraid till i start practicing with them more. I would have been with them last night but i have to give blood today

Nope

Smash Lord
trdip warfie beat you last time you played in the crew battles. Hes also tons better now =p come over tonight and find out about 2nd place!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, you could also put him against Scribble in losers too :laugh:

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
trdip warfie beat you last time you played in the crew battles. Hes also tons better now =p come over tonight and find out about 2nd place!
please, call me brewer or sin.
warfie is tough, but i do have away around those naners. also, putting me first into crews after i had been playing melee was not a good idea for the second field crew xD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey, who played the PT who ***** my Mario in low tier crews? That PT was nasty!

Top Bottom