• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, OH - Nope's Monthly "It's a Piece of Cake" Smashfests (Jan. 31st)

soap

Smash Hero
ill do some 1$ money matches in melee

sheik/marth/falco/samus/pikachu

that is my iron man team as well. Iron man 2$

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Holtz, you need to either text me or call me when you guys plan on playing. ill be glad to stop by and give you guys some olimar training. aswella s take some snake beatings. but im prepared :D

Edit: i meant randomly playing during the week, not the smashfest <(^.^<)

Nope

Smash Lord
we will probably play sometime this week I will give you a call if you aren't busy. Also I'm looking forward to this! everyone needs to bring setups so we can have enough. It seems like it's going to be a full house

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Count me in as 90% sure. I told a few people I'd go to Ohayocon, but money's tight and I don't actually like any anime but old school Toonami lol

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Yea, I'll definately be there for the smashfest. Y'all just better start preparing for a low tier invasion.
Low tier invasion? Nick have you forgotten who lives here? Blowshi doesn't stand a chance against Ganon.

Florida Road trip reborn!! =P

Aye, didn't fonz say in the grand finals that the losers have to buy beer?

so yea...

: )
ya ya, I will buy you guys some beer with the prize money Capem and I got from beating Nope and Lou's *** in some doubles!

lou4222

Smash Lord
Team DI will be out for blood. I had nightmares last night. They involved buckets, metanoobs, and squandering. We must avenge ourselves NOPE!!!!!!!!!! Once my midterms are over on Monday and Wed im going to play hardcore. I have to develop some new GW tricks. If I lose in tourney to capem one more time I just might retire. I will be bringing the A game.

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
Team DI will be out for blood. I had nightmares last night. They involved buckets, metanoobs, and squandering. We must avenge ourselves NOPE!!!!!!!!!! Once my midterms are over on Monday and Wed im going to play hardcore. I have to develop some new GW tricks. If I lose in tourney to capem one more time I just might retire. I will be bringing the A game.
the only way you will be put out by me at the smashfest is if you can get past nope in the losers bracket, cause I'm NOT losing :bee:

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Hey Para, are you gonna bust out your new character for this? I still have a lot of work to do in that matchup, but I WILL be ready to go on Saturday (unless I have to verse Scribb's mk).

Oh ya, Nope, I wanna play a few games against you because Lucario vs Snake can be the most epic matchup (see Azen vs Chillin).

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Hey Para, are you gonna bust out your new character for this?
My Brawl Sammy has definitely gotten better so I wanna give her a few rounds but (if/)when she fails I'll bust out senor character nuevo. The new character needs a lotta work.

Honestly at the moment I'm trying to get my Melee groove back. Too much Brawl and not enough Melee and I get way out of touch with my timing. Not meaning to john though I'll be back in shape for showtime. Just wish there was a Melee community in Dayton |:

Nope - My bad about this but I won't be able to make it to this one. >_>

I'm going to do the infamous "Work Johns" on this one. I do plan to be around though. Please keep having these!

soap

Smash Hero
My Brawl Sammy has definitely gotten better so I wanna give her a few rounds but (if/)when she fails I'll bust out senor character nuevo. The new character needs a lotta work.

Honestly at the moment I'm trying to get my Melee groove back. Too much Brawl and not enough Melee and I get way out of touch with my timing. Not meaning to john though I'll be back in shape for showtime. Just wish there was a Melee community in Dayton |:
no "i cant upb" johns when my falco is brutally ****** that ***

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Now this is all going to be fun and whatnot, seeing everyone again and playing some amazing smash. But let's not forget the real reason I'm coming up.
Chipotle!

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
No Chipotle in ****town a.k.a Portsmouth. Probably a good thing though because I would become very poor if there was one around.

Nope

Smash Lord
Now this is all going to be fun and whatnot, seeing everyone again and playing some amazing smash. But let's not forget the real reason I'm coming up.
Chipotle!
Nick you act like I didn't already know the friday night plan? pssssh

and para I'm ready for diddy!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Is that low tier Brawl I hear?! *checks the list* Yup, all my secondaries are good!

Hey Nope, mind giving me some Snake tips while I'm down there. Found I love grenades enough that I might pick him up as a secondary, (that and *someone* wants more Snake practice...) even though he's going to break the 'low tier secondary' theme I seem to have developed...

wakka444

Smash Ace
hmmm looks like i let it slip im awful at brawl XD
but seriously sins good dont underestimate bc he beats me=P

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
and para I'm ready for diddy!
You don't have to worry about Para's weak Diddy. If he gets the new secondary into good enough shape, it'll be a bit more trouble for you than his Diddy Kong....who I'm not sure he even plays anymore (if so, you might want to reconsider:laugh:)

lou4222

Smash Lord
So are we going to do crews at the end of this? I think that would be epic. Maybe we could skip doubles since that was a disaster last time. I dont know but singles with pools and then a crew battle sounds great. Pools would give people a better chance to play matchups with everyone that actually mean something. And of course friendlies before and after we are done with everything.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So are we going to do crews at the end of this? I think that would be epic. Maybe we could skip doubles since that was a disaster last time. I dont know but singles with pools and then a crew battle sounds great. Pools would give people a better chance to play matchups with everyone that actually mean something. And of course friendlies before and after we are done with everything.
Crews would be pretty awesome. Dayton might even have to split into multiple crews too.
It would be fun to play some doubles too though, but I guess it depends on what there's time for. Personally, if I had to choose, Singles and crews would take priority.

lou4222

Smash Lord
We have 10 plus hours...... we should be able to do a little bit of everything. I just want to play as many matchups as possible. Crews are always epic though.

RipN

Smash Apprentice
As long as everybody is playing their matchup for both singles and doubles. We should be able to get through all of them in time to do the epic crew battles. Last time, everybody got caught up in melee and friendlies and it took forever to get people to play their matches. As for the pools, that takes an extremely long time to get set up and to run. If there's going to be as many people as holtz says there is, then the pools might not be possible if we want to run all three events.

I'm not exactly positive, but depending on the number of complete stations we have, we may just have the melee ran on one wii, if that. It's still being talked about. I know people love it, but as of right now. In my opinion, it's not where the money's at. You won't get better at brawl (money tourneys) by playing melee. My opinion. Just like you don't see people playing H2 over H3. H3 is where the money is... and who doesn't love money?! :D

lou4222

Smash Lord
As long as everybody is playing their matchup for both singles and doubles. We should be able to get through all of them in time to do the epic crew battles. Last time, everybody got caught up in melee and friendlies and it took forever to get people to play their matches. As for the pools, that takes an extremely long time to get set up and to run. If there's going to be as many people as holtz says there is, then the pools might not be possible if we want to run all three events.
We have quite a long time. Since there will be so many new faces I think pools would be good to make sure you get some quality matches against new people. As long as we start doubles in the middle of the singles it speeds things up. But ultimately its up to Nope. We just need to be focused this time on doing stuff and not getting off task. I think since we are all aware this time things will run smoother.

RipN

Smash Apprentice
But the thing is with pool play, even with the Dr. Goose estimated "20" people here, it would take anywhere between 1.5-2 hours to do pool play. Which severely kills time in order to do more things. New faces=friendlies. If you play them in the tourney, then it'll be great practice to go up against a new play style that you may not be familiar with and learn to adapt.

As in doing the doubles in the middle of the singles... I mean... I know you'll be put out already... But not enough people to even start a decent doubles tourney... <3's ::smiley face::

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Crews would be pretty awesome. Dayton might even have to split into multiple crews too.
It would be fun to play some doubles too though, but I guess it depends on what there's time for. Personally, if I had to choose, Singles and crews would take priority.
Doubles be my favorite, I want 'em if we can get 'em. My doubles team needs way more experience.

Dayton may have to mix-and-match crews if we're going to stand up to the 'field at Brawl, honestly. I know if not then SODA alone is going to just get rolled again, and I don't know who else you guys have other than scribbz and fromundaman. If you do have others I'm unfamiliar with and want to run it yourselves feel free to crush the 'field for us, but I think our best shot is to combine forces.

I'm thinking Scribbz, Fro, Para && Nano would be our best shot. I need to play more with Fizz, I don't have a good feel for where he is at right now.

Hmm, it'd be simpler this way: I'm to stubborn to join another crew but I'm considering dropping our Melee/Go requirement and inviting Fro Scribs && Fizz into SODA. It sucks having to get a ringer every crew battle.

Top Bottom