• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Well I think financially A.R.K. might not be in the works for me either now =/

I really really want to make it to the Columbia tournament on the 16th though, so I'm already saving for that. All we need now is a driver/car. Whoever the driver is, every player riding will chip in for gas. We should be able to get 5 people on the trip so it shouldn't cost too much. I'm thinking $50 per person would be enough for gasoline, entry fees, venue fees, and food. Who all is wanting to go? Link to tourney can be found here.

Oh and I need to know who is available to smash this weekend. So far I have Roman and I. Terral is not available this Saturday. We might smash without him, or we might smash Friday or Sunday. Please post up with the best day and time for you for this weekend. Also any ideas on a good place to play. We can probably play at my house, but elsewhere is preferred.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ok guys, smashfest THIS Saturday, March 26th 2011. It will be at Blue (Grants) house. We will need 2 more copies of melee. Bring your controllers. It's starting in the afternoon, I'll update with the exact time when he PMs me back on AiB. PM me if you want to go and didn't get my text earlier about his address and phone number.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Do I need to bring a Cube as well?
It wouldn't hurt. Imma get Roman to bring Project: M too for the people who haven't tried it.

EDIT: Atma, would love to but we just had to cancel plans to A.R.K. III because of our drivers car having issues, and a general lack of money. Our crew is planning on making it to the Columbia tournament on the 16th though.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
So, just to keep everyone in the loop of stuff:

My friend Andrew Waddell recently started to rent a house and he has Andrew Henniger living with him. For the past week or 2, every weekday night has been filled with me, Drewbear, Sam, Jake, and both Andrew's smashing for at least an hour or 2, which doesn't seem like much but it adds up if you're doing it 5 days a week. It looks like the small town I live in might even have a little melee crew itself.

Anyway, since I've been having car issues, I can't make it up to Springfield as often as I'd like but Andrew has welcomed you guys to come down to Seymour for some smashfests. It's a 30-45 minute drive but if 3 or 4 people from Springfield came down, gas wouldn't be expensive at all. Hell, even if someone was willing to drive, I'd even pitch in gas to have some smashers come down. Maybe we can work out some date soon?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I would definitely be willing to make the drive once a week, or once every other week, if ppl would go with me and split the cost of gas. Although I wouldn't do it if it's just for two hours of smashing. Four or more would be preferred. As soon as I start at T-Mobile (April 19th) I'll have the money to get my truck licensed and insured also. It technically seats four ppl...has a small cab with two jumper seats that skinny people like Terral, Drew, Grant, or Roman could sit in. So if Nathan rides with me he gets front seat lol.

But aside from that, you're coming to Grants on Saturday right Roman/Drew?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Oh, if you guys come down, we'll be sure to put at least 4 or more hours of smashing in. Also, Andrew's living room is quite big and empty, so there's plenty of room for TV's and people to move around comfortably. They're also getting 20mbs internet on Monday so we'll be able to record sets and even stream if we wanted to.

But yes, I'm for sure coming, along with Drew. Andrew is a "possibility" because he works at 3. Not sure when we're meeting up.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Oh, if you guys come down, we'll be sure to put at least 4 or more hours of smashing in. Also, Andrew's living room is quite big and empty, so there's plenty of room for TV's and people to move around comfortably. They're also getting 20mbs internet on Monday so we'll be able to record sets and even stream if we wanted to.

But yes, I'm for sure coming, along with Drew. Andrew is a "possibility" because he works at 3. Not sure when we're meeting up.
Wow that sounds good. I wouldn't really wanna do a stream though but maybe get some more vids recorded. Blue is supposed to message me today and lemme know for sure what time we're meeting tomorrow.

I'm getting so close to 1,000 posts!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Yeah, i didn't plan on streaming either but the chance is always there if we ever wanted to

Make your 1000th epic, you must

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
I would totally be game to do that, ride down to Seymour, I mean. Also, looking forward to tomorrow. Keep me in the know on when stuff is going down so I can try and make it.

I'll bring my Cube, as well.

Also, yes, dibs on the fat-guy-accomodating seat.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Great smashfest everyone! Had a lot of fun. Roman you are a ton of fun to play. We need to do more seriouslies though because they're a better way to improve your game than playing so casually. Drew you are always way fun to play also. I feel that if you focused on less characters you could improve even quicker (not that you aren't improving quickly anyways). I like your fox and it was giving me a lot of trouble.

Grant, thank you very much for hosting and for inviting us into your home. It was a lot of fun. I'm posting this in hopes you get on your smashboards account and start posting in here with us.

Remember guys, the more ppl post in this topic, the more active our community seems, and the more likely players will travel from afar to play us. We had a little taste of that from Arkansas and Columbia....but there are 5 or 6 more skilled smash communities within driving distance from us, and none of them will ever come here if they don't think our community is active enough.

Everyone is doing a great job improving! I wish Terral and Nathan could've played with us today. Hope to see you guys next time :)

Massive

Smash Champion
You still get to sleep, it's just after you smash and coincidentally after dawn.
Believe me, I know! I've done it almost every Saturday night for the last year or so.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Do you guys go to the tournies in St Louis? This thread is predominately melee right?
Yes, predominately melee. And while we haven't yet been to a tournament in Saint Louis, we do plan to. Although we can't make the one on the 2nd because we're all broke. We are most certainly going to the Columbia tournament on the 16th though.

Why do you ask?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
So my school rearranged their blocking system and they blocked a ton of sites I usually go to, but strangely enough, they unblocked Smashboards. Win?

Also, a bit more on topic, I plan on rearranging the OP a bit. Seems a little bit.. empty. Probably going to include locations where we usually meet, character mains for each person, etc.

What do you guys think should be included?

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
This weekend? Could work. Not sure what I've got going on.

Also, mains seem like a good idea. Locations as well.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
been practicing jc grabs, double fairs...any smash going on this weekend michael?
Probably so. Looks like we're going to do a melee smashfest at Next Level Games, in Springfield, MO on Glenstone. Sunday, noon to 5pm.

Does anybody have a table that will hold two small TVs...and/or some folding chairs they can bring?

EDIT: Btw Terral, I know you get off work at 6pm. However Next Level closes at 5pm on Sundays. I will almost certainly be down to smash more afterwards if you just wanna text me when you get off work.

Top Bottom