• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Roman you are such a bad@ss. Cool ideas, I'm glad you know how to do all that stuff lol so I don't have to.

This quote is awesome

Zantetsu said:
If I am wrong about what Project: B is, inform me. If you're just trolling me, well done.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Project: B was a joke referencing Project: M. I'm surprised you took it seriously.

As for the orchestra, I totally have the physical copy of that. I think it came in Nintendo Power a million years ago. But Brawl has a lot of live orchestra music in it, you could just steal some of that.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Project: B was a joke referencing Project: M. I'm surprised you took it seriously.
My exact reason for the last part of my post saying well job for trolling me lol.

As for the orchestra, I totally have the physical copy of that. I think it came in Nintendo Power a million years ago. But Brawl has a lot of live orchestra music in it, you could just steal some of that.
I have the orchestra ripped to my computer and I plan on just editing the mp3's

But yeah, if I must, I'll obtain some of the brawl orchestras. I'm going to try and find more original content after I do the melee orchestra CD music, though.

Iirc, around 2008 there was a big nintendo/gaming general orchestra concert that was produced into mp3's. If I can find stuff like that, I'll use those.

I'm leaving brawl music for last because, no offense to the brawl community, but I don't think the melee community would want anything brawl related in melee. It just gives off bad vibes and memories and since the melee community insults brawl so much and treats it like a joke, it wouldn't be right to have brawl stuff in melee. Although, I still do love the soundtrack. One thing they did do right, lol

God damn, I typed all this on my iPhone. No more long posts from mobile, it's a ***** >_>

Edit: Off topic, but whatever, I'll forget to ask if I don't now.

Terral, you told me you used to play SF4 but don't anymore. Do you, by any chance, own a fightstick? If so, since you don't play anymore, would you be interested in selling it?

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I actually own two fight sticks, for SF4 (360) and TvC (Wii). I might be interested in selling it, but I wouldn't want to take a big loss. I'd rather keep it around in case I get back into it than sell it for a lot less than I paid, and I don't know how much it is retail anymore. I have the higher-end one.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I actually own two fight sticks, for SF4 (360) and TvC (Wii). I might be interested in selling it, but I wouldn't want to take a big loss. I'd rather keep it around in case I get back into it than sell it for a lot less than I paid, and I don't know how much it is retail anymore. I have the higher-end one.
Higher end could mean a lot of things, lol. You could be talking about the general mad catz sticks which are higher end compared to hori and other brands, or you could be talking about the madcatz tournament edition stick being higher end compared to the standard edition.
Either way, just to let you know, I'm only interested in madcatz sticks for their customization. If you don't feel comfortable selling it, no stress. I'm just on a stick hunt, lol

Blue Zexion

Smash Cadet
actually i can drive i got my license like 2 weeks ago, and btw terrel were friends and friends share there fighting sticks riiiiiiight.....lol kidding i just got into sf4 so ill be looking for good sticks as soon as i get a new job

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ok guys the Springfield Crew is ready to announce the team we are sending to the Columbia tournament on the 16th of this month. The players were picked by two criterium (real word?):

1) The player has a car that they are willing to drive to the tournament in as well as transport the rest of the crew.

Smasher: Andrew Waddell. I know what you're thinking. Andrew Who?? He's the dude that doesn't really play melee much and is pretty new to it all but has a vehicle that seats five and is willing to drive us.

2) The first four players to confirm they are going.

Smasher: Zantetsu. He's the dude that got us the dude that has the car. He's also a really good smasher. If you don't know him, GTFO of the Springfield topic. He is teaming with Zivilyn Bane.

Smasher: DrewBear. He's the dude with the funky hair. If you don't like his hair, GTFO of the Springfield topic. At this point it appears as though Drew is not entering teams.

Smasher: -Tempest-. This dude works at Sonic, enough said. If you don't like Sonic, GTFO of the Springfield topic. He is rabidly and frantically searching for a doubles partner. His Peach is pretty good, team with him if you're reading this and not named Zantetsu or Zivilyn Bane.

Smasher: ZivilynBane. This dude is the dude typing this crap. If you don't like typing crap....well you get the point. He's teaming with Zantetsu, and they're gonna win teams.

If you are NOT on the list and you WANT to go, you still have some options.

You can find a way to get to Columbia. You can provide transportation to the entire crew already going plus yourself (6 ppl). You can not procrastinate and let me know you want to go sooner next time. You can let me know you want to go, and then for some reason if anybody that is currently on the list has to drop off, you can take their seat.

That's pretty much it guys. Show your support and wish our team luck next weekend.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
You guys had better win teams. Represent. I wish I could show up and rep Pikachu, but that's not a possibility.. it's almost a possibility if it was enough time from now to ask off of work, but I didn't really consider actually going until today. And since I haven't really had any time to practice (and haven't played anyone decent since the tournament), I'd probably just get destroyed.

Also, about tomorrow, I might actually be able to show up. We'll have to see how things work out and what ends up going on tomorrow, but it could happen.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Good games tonight guys. I'm too tired to do critiques right now so we'll have to save them for tomorrow. You both are getting a lot better though. Nathan, don't get discouraged. Nobody gets good at melee over night. Wait and see how good you get after the Columbia tournament.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Ok guys the Springfield Crew is ready to announce the team we are sending to the Columbia tournament on the 16th of this month. The players were picked by two criterium (real word?):

1) The player has a car that they are willing to drive to the tournament in as well as transport the rest of the crew.

Smasher: Andrew Waddell. I know what you're thinking. Andrew Who?? He's the dude that doesn't really play melee much and is pretty new to it all but has a vehicle that seats five and is willing to drive us.

2) The first four players to confirm they are going.

Smasher: Zantetsu. He's the dude that got us the dude that has the car. He's also a really good smasher. If you don't know him, GTFO of the Springfield topic. He is teaming with Zivilyn Bane.

Smasher: DrewBear. He's the dude with the funky hair. If you don't like his hair, GTFO of the Springfield topic. At this point it appears as though Drew is not entering teams.

Smasher: -Tempest-. This dude works at Sonic, enough said. If you don't like Sonic, GTFO of the Springfield topic. He is rabidly and frantically searching for a doubles partner. His Peach is pretty good, team with him if you're reading this and not named Zantetsu or Zivilyn Bane.

Smasher: ZivilynBane. This dude is the dude typing this crap. If you don't like typing crap....well you get the point. He's teaming with Zantetsu, and they're gonna win teams.

If you are NOT on the list and you WANT to go, you still have some options.

You can find a way to get to Columbia. You can provide transportation to the entire crew already going plus yourself (6 ppl). You can not procrastinate and let me know you want to go sooner next time. You can let me know you want to go, and then for some reason if anybody that is currently on the list has to drop off, you can take their seat.

That's pretty much it guys. Show your support and wish our team luck next weekend.
Haha this was awesome. I lol'd so hard. Can't wait to see all you guys there in Columbia. One week to go. I kinda have some bad news though. I'm not sure if I ever told any of you guys this, but I got a kidney transplant back in 2008, but last November it went into rejection and failed on me causing me to have to be put on dialysis. Well today I had some complications with my kidney and needless to say, I'm sitting here in a hospital bed at St Louis University Hospital. I hope like insanely crazy I'll be out of here before the tournament. If I'm not, I will **** bricks. Large amounts of rectangular fecal matter. Lol. Seriously tho, I'll be uber pissed.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Haha this was awesome. I lol'd so hard. Can't wait to see all you guys there in Columbia. One week to go. I kinda have some bad news though. I'm not sure if I ever told any of you guys this, but I got a kidney transplant back in 2008, but last November it went into rejection and failed on me causing me to have to be put on dialysis. Well today I had some complications with my kidney and needless to say, I'm sitting here in a hospital bed at St Louis University Hospital. I hope like insanely crazy I'll be out of here before the tournament. If I'm not, I will **** bricks. Large amounts of rectangular fecal matter. Lol. Seriously tho, I'll be uber pissed.
Yeah you told me about it but I didn't tell the other guys (didn't want to share too much of your personal info without permission). This sucks big time man. I think I speak for all of Springfield when I say I really hope you can make it to the tournament, but more importantly I really hope you're ok.

We will all have our fingers crossed for you.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Yeah, you told me these things during friendlies. I really hope it all goes well and you get out before the tournament. I'm really looking forward to friendlies with you.

Just pillar your way out if there and get back to Columbia o:<

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Thanks guys. I think the thing that sucks the most is not having wifi in here. THANKFULLY I JUST jailbroke my iPhone two days ago, so I'm able to turn my iPhone into a wifi router basically...soooo nice.
Latest word from the transplant surgeon, is he wants to take this kidney out. He doesn't want any more complications before this next transplant. So like I said, I don't care if I am in insane amounts of pain, as long as I'm out before Saturday, I'll be there at the tournament.
"pillar your way out of there" this was amazing Zant. lol Falco is too good.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
OH I almost forgot to ask.

Does anybody in our Springfield crew have a printer? Preferably a color one that they can use to print out some flyers for the next Pathways (and each one thereafter)? Last month I went around all the close regions online begging them to come and we got 6 new players to show up. 3 from Columbia and 3 more from Arkansas. The Columbia guys are planning on coming back next month.

So lets see if we can get some fresh meat up in there. I know Terral might be bringing some new ppl from OTCC, but we need more. If someone can print out these flyers we can post them everywhere. Schools, churches, businesses (with their permission, of course). I'm sure all the game stores in town would let us post them if we ask first.

Anyways, here's the link to the flyer this dude made.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289220

I personally don't see anything wrong with his flyers except maybe we could edit them to say both brawl and melee. Also edit the prizes section and entry fees section.

Who's up to do it? I would but I don't have a printer =/

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I could probably throw a flyer together and print some off, I believe I may have a color printer in my house. It's more trying to find time to do it.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
New layout, looking for what everyone thinks. Remember, it's under construction, but all I have left to add is our tournament section, although I do encourage suggestions :)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
In Brawl, I main Olimar and Pikachu. Ugvts mains Lucas and Pokemon Trainer.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I've changed Terral and Ugvts' mains for brawl and I changed the introduction with corrections Ziv gave me over a text. I currently have to go to school but I'll hopefully have the thread done by late afternoon.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Should we include people in the OP who aren't active on SmashBoards or AllIsBrawl? We have a bigger non-casual scene than that.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Should we include people in the OP who aren't active on SmashBoards or AllIsBrawl? We have a bigger non-casual scene than that.
I think that'd be fine but honestly I also think we should try to get them to be more active in the community and thus post on smashboards and have a voice.

Who are they? I'll hunt them down and force them to register and post here if I have to.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I wrote up a huge post listing off some local players, but then I just realized that we can just ask everyone at the next tournament. We can see who wants to be listed and put them on there. That seems much easier.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Yeah, that'd probably be the way to go on that, Terral.

Also, Drew. Ziv had an idea for a team name, but I forgot it. Talk to him and see if it works for you so we can get registered up.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
If you missed the tournament in Columbia...here is a little hint of what you missed. This is a direct quote from the car ride there...

Zivilyn Bane: "Damn, I have to take a p1ss..."

Drew Bear: "Good, I'm starving!"

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Ziv - I literally consider myself fortunate to have beat you in friendlies with my Falcon at the Springfield tournament cuz I cannot for the life of me figure out how I did it anymore. Your Marth continues to adapt to the way I play constantly. Your Marth is very good keep practicing it up.

Zant - once again, always awesome to play you. And just like Ziv, I feel fortunate to have beat u in the Springfield bracket, but you adapted to the way I play and beat me too. I can honestly say, your Fox is much better than mine. I would love nothing more than to sit down and just play an entire afternoon with you, nothing but Fox dittos lol. It would be soooo much fun lol.

Tempest - so awesome that you made it out. Please don't get discouraged in this game. Your Peach is showing lots and lots of improvement. The last match we had on Dreamland was a lot of fun. You had me stumped for a while. Keep up the Peach and keep practicing with everyone.

Drew - OMG I actually don't think I got to play you once. Dude I was not feeling good at all that day lol Darkatma could have been there and I probably wouldn't have known it haha. I do remember seeing you....just don't remember playing...

Did any of you guys get to play Leviathan??

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ziv - I literally consider myself fortunate to have beat you in friendlies with my Falcon at the Springfield tournament cuz I cannot for the life of me figure out how I did it anymore. Your Marth continues to adapt to the way I play constantly. Your Marth is very good keep practicing it up.

Zant - once again, always awesome to play you. And just like Ziv, I feel fortunate to have beat u in the Springfield bracket, but you adapted to the way I play and beat me too. I can honestly say, your Fox is much better than mine. I would love nothing more than to sit down and just play an entire afternoon with you, nothing but Fox dittos lol. It would be soooo much fun lol.

Tempest - so awesome that you made it out. Please don't get discouraged in this game. Your Peach is showing lots and lots of improvement. The last match we had on Dreamland was a lot of fun. You had me stumped for a while. Keep up the Peach and keep practicing with everyone.

Drew - OMG I actually don't think I got to play you once. Dude I was not feeling good at all that day lol Darkatma could have been there and I probably wouldn't have known it haha. I do remember seeing you....just don't remember playing...

Did any of you guys get to play Leviathan??
I got to play him in a few Marth dittos. He won more than I did. He's fun to play though :)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I wish I'd been able to go, but I have a lot going on right now. I might try to make it to a future Colimbia tournament if I get enough warning.

:phone:

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Nah, I'm not discouraged at all. That match was just so intense, I had no way of knowing how it was going to end until that last grab. I just got a bit carried away. But, yeah, that was amazing. I need to play you some more, improve my Peach even more. Although, I have to say, after that pools set, I was playing on a whole different level it felt like. Thanks for the games!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, you really level up a substantial amount when you're first starting out and you go to your first tournament granted you stay motivated.

Was fun playing you guys btw. I really need more IC's experience -_-

YBMP

Smash Rookie
the car is fine not sliping anymore the engine light is still on but im taking care of that this morning

YBMP

Smash Rookie
so car is back didnt get it fixed 412 to get it fixed found out that its my alternator so i was like hell i can do that myself and it hasnt totally **** out on me yet so ill have it fixed in the next couple of days

Top Bottom