• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I would really like to go, but I wasn't aware of it until about a week ago. I need a lot more notice so that I can ask off work.

:phone:

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
C-C-C-COMBO VIDEO
Batimoncan

Since there's so much epicness getting recorded but hardly any of it's being used, should I make mini monthly combo videos after each tournament? Or like top 10 or something? I'll mess around with stuff and see what works

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
Sure, but I aint talking over it. Anyone wanna step up? Ziviy McCommentator?

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
I'll do it.

EDIT: Looking at the E52 Brawl roster, it looks like some of my old Smash buddies will be attending, as well as some of the Missouri folks I know. Which is kinda awesome, even though they play an inferior Smash.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Hey guys just wanted to drop by and let u know whats going on with me. Ever since my kidney was taken out, I have just had zero energy, so the free time I usually use to get on SmashBoards, I end up taking really long naps. I don't know if I will be attending Mizzou again for the fall semester or not, but I will try to make it up there as much as I possibly can to smash with the guys like old times.

I mainly wanted to let you guys know how sorry I am I couldn't make it to your last smashfest (including Sinister since I was his ride). I had every intention of going, but I got really sick the night before and was throwing up between like 2 and 3 AM. There would have just been no way I would have been able to drive 9 hours that day.

Ziv - I got your texts that one day, but I was sleeping and by the time I woke up I had already missed your text by 3 hours, so I didn't want to be a jack*** and text back so much later lol.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'm sure I speak for everyone here in Springfield when I say that I understand you couldn't have made it. I wouldn't have felt like driving at all after that, let alone to another city several hours away. I do hope you guys make it to the upcoming tournament, or at least some in the coming months.

:phone:

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
Your commentary would be hilarious Robbie.

Hey are you ever gonna upload my matches from the last Pathways?? Melee, of course.
All the Brawl matches are up and so from now on it's 100% Godzilla matches. There's 17 files, so it will take a while

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Hey guys just wanted to drop by and let u know whats going on with me. Ever since my kidney was taken out, I have just had zero energy, so the free time I usually use to get on SmashBoards, I end up taking really long naps. I don't know if I will be attending Mizzou again for the fall semester or not, but I will try to make it up there as much as I possibly can to smash with the guys like old times.

I mainly wanted to let you guys know how sorry I am I couldn't make it to your last smashfest (including Sinister since I was his ride). I had every intention of going, but I got really sick the night before and was throwing up between like 2 and 3 AM. There would have just been no way I would have been able to drive 9 hours that day.

Ziv - I got your texts that one day, but I was sleeping and by the time I woke up I had already missed your text by 3 hours, so I didn't want to be a jack*** and text back so much later lol.
Dude, no reason to be sorry at all. I'd prefer you to rest rather than force yourself to drive just for smash.

Health > Smash > Life.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Hook me up with some Arby Melts!!!

We should get a smashfest going this weekend for the people not going to E52.

Terral, Robbie, Blue, Trash, and me. What do you say guys?

EDIT: Roman, love the new front page stuff. Cool to see results on there.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Love the tournament results thing on the OP. Hope you're ready to update the E52 listing with my name right at the top. Aww yeah.

Jace08

Smash Lord
hey dudes

so about what time do you guys think you'll be arriving at my place friday? Just wondering so I can plan it around family stuff I have for that day

Zantetsu

Smash Master
hey dudes

so about what time do you guys think you'll be arriving at my place friday? Just wondering so I can plan it around family stuff I have for that day
I'm sorry for what I'm about to say, but I will be unsure on if we are going to Event:52 or not until Friday. Jake had orientation for his job on Tuesday, forgot his social security card, so he has to go to orientation on Thursday instead and we won't know if he works this weekend until Thursday or Friday.

We can arrive whenever is best for you. Our primary concern is leaving stupid early on Saturday and not having much energy on the ride home like the Columbia trip so we were just wanting a place to stay Friday for energy purposes (and friendlies are an epic bonus to that as well)

I still have your number and as soon as Jake finds out his hours, he'll be txting me on if we're going or not. After I get that txt, I'll be sure to txt you asap.

If us being unsure on our attendance is an issue and you can no longer house us, I completely understand. I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
So we won't be certain of our attendance until tomorrow? Keep me up to date on planning and stuff, that way I can be ready either way.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Dude check out these amazing shirts.
http://shop.cafepress.com/ssbm
http://www.vgshirts.com/?SectionCode=03 Roman you should get the Starfox Coffee one.
Yes. Yesyesyes.

My girlfriend is actually quite a talented artist, I may have her draw me some designs to put up on my old Cafepress account. Any ideas? lol

So we won't be certain of our attendance until tomorrow? Keep me up to date on planning and stuff, that way I can be ready either way.
I'll be sure to let you know asap as well, Nathan.

nah no reason to apologize that's completely fine man. Hope you guys can make it!
Okay, thanks for understanding. I hope we can too, I've been looking forward to it a lot, lol.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
So, I just noticed that the picture on the main page says "someone artistic make us a better banner" or something to that effect. I'll gladly hop on that once I finish up school. I just need to know how big to make it. Same as the current banner, or bigger/smaller? Also, do you want the text to still say "springfield mo general discussion thread"? Or do I get creative control over the entire thing?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
So, I just noticed that the picture on the main page says "someone artistic make us a better banner" or something to that effect. I'll gladly hop on that once I finish up school. I just need to know how big to make it. Same as the current banner, or bigger/smaller? Also, do you want the text to still say "springfield mo general discussion thread"? Or do I get creative control over the entire thing?
Sweet. I think it should say something like "Springfield Smash" or something along those lines. It's the banner for the Springfield crew, not the topic itself.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Linkz, feel free to do whatever you want for a banner. Anything is better than my 5 minute Photoshop banner, lol. Just try to make sure it's relevant and it says something like "Springfield Smash" or anything along those lines. Also, avoid a brawl focus, and no Zelda >:D.. But seriously, do whatever :p

Off topic but me, Drew, Nathan, and Jake are currently on our way to KC for Event 52. Wish us luck :)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
You guys better ace that. I expect to see top eight all Springfield players in singles bracket, even though we're only going to have four over there. You will all be in top eight twice because you're that badass.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
So I found out that I can stream through my ustream app on my iPhone so if anyone is bored during the time of E:52, I'll stream some of the action if you request it :)

Phone is 14175540425. Just txt. I kinda wanna try this out lol.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
So I found out that I can stream through my ustream app on my iPhone so if anyone is bored during the time of E:52, I'll stream some of the action if you request it :)

Phone is 14175540425. Just txt. I kinda wanna try this out lol.
I'll text you tonight then I'd love to watch some streaming action.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Results are up in the OP. I'm not quite proud of how I did, to be honest. I know I could have placed higher, but my bracket match ups didn't go so well. I first fought a Jigs who beat me because her grab -> up throw was too fast for me to react to, so I got punished with a rest too many times. When I got into losers, I had a player who I played lots of friendlies with the night before. He won around 80% of the matches that night, so I had to play my best. I beat his Falco in our first match, who destroyed me the night before every time. After I beat his Falco, he pulled out Fox and made me realized how trash my edge game is.

I did play Arc in some friendlies and did quite well. I got him down to 1 stock in a couple of the matches and almost won one of them. He placed 2nd so that lifted my spirits a bit. Overall, this tournament had a lot of talent and I got a lot of great advice on improving my game. It's also good to see that KC has a really nice Melee scene. It's much better than I expected.

Midwest is too good.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
Psh, I bet you're just being modest. The crowd was cheering ZAN-TE-TSU ZAN-TE-TSU the whole time. The only reason you lost was because the the members of the foreign chamber of commerce poisoned your tea before the last match.

You were cheated, but you fought and lost with honor! Too bad you had to die, tough. At least you had the chance to establish the Jingwu School.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
I feel a lot better about my game after this tournament. I understand a lot of what was keeping me from being better than I was, and once I started implementing it, I saw a major shift in my play. Jace really helped me out a lot with the Falcon match-up, although I still have some work to do on it. It also felt good to come back and 2-1 someone who 2-0'd me in pools. So, yeah, I'm gonna keep working on eliminating the still-glaring but easier-to-accept weaknesses in my game. Next tourney, I'm going straight for the top.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
You'd better make it to the next tournament to show us what you've got, then.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
So I'm in the process of porting Ryu's Tatsunoko vs Capcom model into Brawl. My main focus is his moveset and playstyle for Project M but he'll probably be playable in vBrawl as well. If I have any decent progress done, I'll show you guys at the next tournament :)

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
I feel a lot better about my game after this tournament. I understand a lot of what was keeping me from being better than I was, and once I started implementing it, I saw a major shift in my play. Jace really helped me out a lot with the Falcon match-up, although I still have some work to do on it. It also felt good to come back and 2-1 someone who 2-0'd me in pools. So, yeah, I'm gonna keep working on eliminating the still-glaring but easier-to-accept weaknesses in my game. Next tourney, I'm going straight for the top.
just don't give up. i know our pools matches didn't exactly go your way, but don't pull a sinister and give up. all you guys have a lot of potential and have way more techskill than i do so you guys will blow past como soon.

Top Bottom