• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
YOU! Nah, just kidding. You are seriously the hardest person for me to fight, Sinister. But I'll find a way to do it. I just couldn't let myself focus on fighting you in pools for some reason. Too beast.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
and i'm 99.328934% sure i'll be at the smashfest this time (assuming that my ride doesn't get ****ed over again) and akuma (samus player) should also be coming. bert will as well i assume. but he doesn't live in como anymore so i don't know for sure about him.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
I'm sorry. For real. I know I let you down, but I couldn't help it. It's all in the past now though. No need to worry about it.
no i'm not mad or anything. it's just that last time i was like "yeah i'm definitely coming" and i didn't. so this time i'm putting 99.xxxxxx% sure because you never know what could happen.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ok for anybody traveling to this, I'm sure Zantetsu and everybody else will be on time; however I won't be there until 6pm. So hang tight, I'll be there asap! :)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Yeah, I'll be sure to be there whenever you guys get there. Just shoot me a text when you're 30 mins away or some ****. I'll have to get one of your numbers.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Would it work out better if we tried to start the event earlier than 3, or is that early enough?

:phone:

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'll see if I can arrange it so that we can get in the venue earlier than 3, but I haven't been able to talk to Ugvts just yet. Would 1 or so be better?

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
I'll see if I can arrange it so that we can get in the venue earlier than 3, but I haven't been able to talk to Ugvts just yet. Would 1 or so be better?
yes 1 is perfect. basically the earlier the better. but 1 is early enough

573-268-9900. this is me.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
You guys better bring your Down-Smash proof attire, because I'ma be getting my fill. If it even LOOKS like your Crouch-Cancelling, I'ma be all up in there.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
If only Peach could be comboed. Crouch cancelling down smash might actually find a way to pay off if that were the case.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
You guys better bring your Down-Smash proof attire, because I'ma be getting my fill. If it even LOOKS like your Crouch-Cancelling, I'ma be all up in there.
Down-smash anti-pants. Are they pants that block down-smashes or a down-smash that destroys pants?

Tonight at 10, on NBC news

Massive

Smash Champion
Imma go puff and CC Rest you.
It's not as easy as it looks!
It's easier to nair > utilt > rest at low %s.
Peach above 50% is notoriously hard to rest because she flies so far away from everything.

Terral said:
If only Peach could be comboed. Crouch cancelling down smash might actually find a way to pay off if that were the case.
Play Sheik.
Dthrow > ftilt > uair > GAME SET

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It's not as easy as it looks!
It's easier to nair > utilt > rest at low %s.
Peach above 50% is notoriously hard to rest because she flies so far away from everything.

Play Sheik.
Dthrow > ftilt > uair > GAME SET
Hey, it's you, the guy that destroyed my fox.. **** you.

But seriously, KC should come to Springfield so I can get my jigs practice in. I didn't realize how bad I was at Jigs until I actually faced my first good one, lol.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
KC coming to one of our tournaments would be awesome.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I finally graduated yesterday and just got back from an all night party about 2 hours ago. I don't plan on sleeping, so I'll probably get started on that new banner today. I may post a small sample of it in the works later on. Stay tuned for my update.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I always find that I am most brilliant when desperately sleep-deprived. However, things don't always turn out ideal when I try to actually accomplish something.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Art is supposed to be creative. My eyes are refusing to focus on the canvas, so it'll be very abstract. Lol.

EDIT:
Alright, so my first attempt ended up being TOO abstract and with too much funk. This is how it ended up:

I'm scrapping this and starting over. Making the right background will take me a while, fyi, as I'm a perfectionist.
Btw, how's that for size?

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Well I threw this together. I'm not totally satisfied with it, but if anyone wants to rip it apart and do something else with the assets I can provide them, as well as the .xcf GIMP file with named layers so that it shouldn't be too confusing.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
Na, I got your title card thingy right here:

Contest over, all others need not apply

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I liked Super Springfield Bros. too. So I made this.

100% GIMP for editing, background is GIMP + Apophysis.. might consider making a new background for it, not sure I totally like the colors.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I liked Super Springfield Bros. too. So I made this.

100% GIMP for editing, background is GIMP + Apophysis.. might consider making a new background for it, not sure I totally like the colors.
This is awesome. Anyone want to help make Columbia a banner? lol

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Super Springfield Bros logo:
Minor background edit:

And logo only, transparent background: (I'm aware that the left and right text borders are a little cropped, I didn't think it mattered much)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I just assumed that Coolumbia BrothaSmash was too epic to be commented on, but I will agree. I almost died when I saw that.

Jace08

Smash Lord
lol I'm lovin these banners

so I just realized that I'm gonna be in town the same day as this tourney! My sister lives in springfield and her graduation ceremony is this saturday. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find time to sneak off for a little or whatever, but I'm gonna reeeally try to because hanging with you guys is too fun :)

I'll let you know what happens

Top Bottom