• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I think Project M should swap out Meta Knight for Pichu.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I'm gonna start doing TAS videos guys! Wootwoot. I may need quite a bit of help from SB on frames and whatnot. What chars do you guys want to see done??

:phone:

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Maybe Peach...hmm. I may need to consult Armada...

Zant, I have NOTHING else to do at home lol...living far away from CoMO, Rolla, and StL is really driving me nuts. I mean I could make a lulz combo video on CPU's, but who would want to watch that?

Massive

Smash Champion
Puff.
Puff doesn't see enough TAS.
Neither does Marf.
I considered doing a TAS match or two with puff.
My idea was that the entire match would be me editing jiggs' character state and location in memory causing him to appear inside of other people, rest, then taunt as he moonwalks away.

About an hour into the planning stages I realized that such a thing would give people nightmares, so I didn't do it.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Btw anyone with knowledge of TAS's, please feel free to shoot that info my way. I've watched quite a few how-to's, just would be helpful to hear it from other ppl. Do I have to have a pretty beast computer?

Massive

Smash Champion
Btw anyone with knowledge of TAS's, please feel free to shoot that info my way. I've watched quite a few how-to's, just would be helpful to hear it from other ppl. Do I have to have a pretty beast computer?
You need to be able to run dolphin, but the game is going to run frame by frame, so processing power is not as important as you would think.

I don't know why you'd want to TAS anything though, it's more a function of how much free time you have vs. any real ability or talent. Sort of like playing an MMO.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Sooo...you're saying a combo video done purely on CPU's would be more entertaining? Or am I missing the point completely? Lol...

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
A combo video done where you control everything would be more entertaining.
That could help you show off DI abuse and things like that.
Actually...
Http://www.youtube.com/user/wakssbm
This guy is amazing at Tas'ing, and he is my boo. He made that "Advanced How to Play" video a while back.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Wretchd, if you happen to know wak, you should convince him into making an "Advanced How to Play" video that's updated, and in HD. I can't seem to find the original downloadable files anymore and those videos were so good for introducing newcommers. If only we had them again :\

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I sent him a message about it. That is honestly the best idea I've heard in a long time. That would skyrocket the melee community.
Are we doing anything this weekend? I'm down to play any time in the week. I have a set up here and anybody is welcome to come play whenever.

EDIT: He doesn't think it will do anything.
Why don't we make this, guys? It will be an amazing addition to our community and our reputation.
Think about it, "Springfield Presents: SSBM Advanced How to play"
Whatshisface is learning TASing, so I'm sure he's got that covered, Zilv has a recording device, and we all have knowledge that could help us make this. Plus, we could do a miniseries called "Advanced How to Play: Character" and do character specific stuff.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Wait, I don't really have a recording device. Just a cell phone.

But I like this idea.

Oh and if you didn't know, our official crew name is Super Springfield Bros.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Well, we need someone with an HD PVR or a dazzle, if we want to get this started.
Unless you guys aren't up for it >:[

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Ugvts has an epic recording setup. His is the one that we usually use to upload to the PathwaysSmash channel. I'm sure we could get together sometime and work on this.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Don't worry about it, we'll figure things out.
Like I asked before... Are we doing anything this weekend? We can do a rough draft of what we need to cover. I can make an outline and we can get started on a script.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Ugvts is here in Springfield again, has been since school started (going back to Jeff City every now and then). Also, I can make it if we do something this Saturday, since I asked off originally for the tournament which was moved (assuming I can get homework done in time).

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Definitely smashing on Saturday. Roman, do what you can to get Drew and Sam there. We can make this a big one with me, Roman, Terry, Terral, Wretch, Drew, Sam, maybe Nathan, Kendra, and possibly Robbie? That would make it bigger than last.months pathways lol.

Terral, get that homework done dude!!! I wanna smash with you for AT LEAST five.hours.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
Psh, I've been sneezing all day and had no idea why. You guys want some vidjos? I GOT YER VIDJOS RIIIGHT HERE! *Shoves fingers up nose and jumps in a circle, laughing like a chipmunk*

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Psh, I've been sneezing all day and had no idea why. You guys want some vidjos? I GOT YER VIDJOS RIIIGHT HERE! *Shoves fingers up nose and jumps in a circle, laughing like a chipmunk*
Lol wtf Robbie that was random, even for you.
Although I can actually picture you doing that.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
http://ds.ign.com/articles/119/1194414p1.html

I'm bringing this to the smashfest this weekend. One player will have to use a PS2 controller, but it'll be alright. It's not that bad with only two buttons.

I main Link. Tonight/tomorrow I'll work on unlocking more stages/characters. Just got it and was messing with the movesets and gameplay. It's pretty addictive.

Here's a vid of some real ppl playing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oea1bLwU1qI

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
WRETCHED PRESENTS
A moment in life where I died a little inside​

Wretched walked down the halls, as he did every day. Certainty shrowded his face. He knew where he was going, like every day. He was comfortable this way, but comfort shouldn't have been a way of life. Every face walked past him as he walked past every door of the school. The people were faceless, the walls, empty, the doors, dim. He walked his normal route to english class, but, for some reason, he stopped. His head had been towards the ground the entire time. He raised his head. He felt a feeling inside... A feeling that was not right. He looked to his right. It was just a blank wall. He looked to his left.
A poster, one with a red of nightmares, could be seen to the right of a door. Wretched scanned it and shrugged it off, until he saw his girlfriend on the poster. Peach. That cheating b****. What a w****. He was used to it. She was always in another castle right after she visited his. But... What really struck Wretched was the fact that another familiar face loomed on the poster. The bane of his existence. Marth. And the reason for his existence. Captain Falcon. Ambivalence consumed him. What was this?
Wretched, recognizing these faces, ran to the poster immediately. There were many pictures. Some of Master Chief, some others generic video game characters... This was a poster for video game club, but why did it have melee characters on it? Wretched needed answers, so he lifted his head up from its usual level and stared at the wall above the poster. He tore it off without a single expression. He looked at the poster... Room 230. He looked straight up. The door said 230.
Wretched walked into the room with a courage he had never felt before. The teacher looked familiar.
"Who are you?" Asked Wretched.
"I am the person you have been looking for. Are you interested in the videogame club?"
"Do you guys play Smash Brothers?"
"HEY!" Shouted a voice from behind Wretched. Wretched turned around. A group of five underclassmen stood at the entrance of the door. The one in the center, the only one who dared to speak, was short and stubby. He had small hands and arms but his body was very round. "Do you play Super Smash Bros? Only the most elite players can be in this club. It is member only"
They knew this face meant "Yes, I do play Smash Bros."
"Melee?" Asked Wretched.
"Of course, Brawl is terrible," They responded. Wretched felt an odd happiness that hadn't consumed him for about six months.
"Who do you use?" inquired Wretched, who knew only satisfaction could come from inside of him.
One of the other underclassmen jutted out from the crowd of them and crossed his arms. He was tall, and his face was stricken with a sickening anger. "WHO DO YOU THINK OUR BEST PLAYER USES? TOP TIERS ONLY YOU FRICKEN NOOB,"
"Marth? Fox? Falco?" Wretched could only ask. A huge roar of laughter came from the crowd.
"I ALREADY KNOW YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET IN YOU FRICKIN NOOB. ELITES ONLY."
"Falcon?" Wretched had no idea who else he could ask. They certainly couldn't be good enough to have a top tier Jiggs player, yet another roar of laughter came from the crowd.
The stumpy underclassman stepped forward again. Or was he an underclassmen? He could have been 25, for all Wretched knew. He was looking back at the crowd and still snickering. He finally stopped and the crowd stopped with him. "I use Kirby, noob. Kirby is top tier. Don't you even know that rolling with him is the most effective tactic in the game?"

Wretched had died a bit inside. He knew that these players could never be. He knew that this coming friday, he would have to attend the club and take all of their moneys, but that didn't give him satisfaction. The damage had already been done. Wretched knew he couldn't tell them of their foolishness, so instead he claimed "Of course." Wretched then asked when and where he could try out for the crew of the 3L173z. He wished, silently, that in a few moments they would be like "Just kidding," but that moment never came. Wretched has not slept since, because the part of him that died is what drove him to live life, and now he could only drift through it, mindlessly, for he had been scarred.

But real talk, after that beautiful story, I should tell you guys that I'm going to MM them all tomorrow and I'm not going to join the club. I'm going to take their moneys and never talk to them again.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I can bring an adapter so maybe we can have 2 gcn controllers for it?

Edit: Jesus ****ing Christ, Wretched. Not even going to read that.

*starts to read*

Now, after I read that: YOU ****ING MOTHER ****ER! YOU DON'T TROLL POTENTIAL SMASHERS, YOU INVITE THEM TO OUR WEEKEND SMASHFESTS TO GET BETTER!

...after you take their money of course :troll:

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I can bring an adapter so maybe we can have 2 gcn controllers for it?

Edit: Jesus ****ing Christ, Wretched. Not even going to read that.

*starts to read*
Awesome bring the adapter. I'll bring laptop, connector, and maybe have everything unlocked before then. Plus I'm gonna practice up!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool wretched's storytelling da bess

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Ohwhythankyouguys.
Zantetsu, they're TOO casual and they live in too much of a world of their own for me to want to be around them.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Dedication is the key to getting better at smash. If you want to get good, you WILL get good. Smash isn't like a lot of sports where you have to be a specific race, height, weight, body type, etc. etc.. Smash is a video game where anyone has the ability to get better. They obviously love the game, maybe as much as we do. After you show them what's up, I believe that they will want to get as good as you and they'll really work for it, if we can guide them in the right direction. If no one is there to guide them, they're just wasted potential, and I've waited too long for a smash community to form in Springfield and I would not like to waste anyone, even if they are "pros" in their own world.

On top of all that, if we get them to come to pathways, that's more money for the prize pot, which is already too small in my opinion.

Now, I'm off to go play Melee, with people who aren't quite at a competitive level yet, BECAUSE I BELIEVE!!!

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
No, I told them after we said a few words about the game that they weren't allowed to quit if I beat them with my Low tier character, Falcon, and that I'd put 25 bucks total onto any of the matches (Which I don't have).

Top Bottom