• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Terry

Smash Ace
XD

I has dedication so why not better? :<

Also, I'm mostly free tomorrow so I could smash for a little if anyone is available. I have to run a small errand. I have no car but I could maybe borrow my roommates or get a ride from him. Or I could walk, bike, run, something.

Neat! What you guys think of this? ~ http://www.genesisdbr.com/blog/?p=46

Also, any more tips on spacing is much appreciated!

:phone:

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Wow reading Mew2king's posts in that blog gave me a new hope for my current melee state. I've been toying around with the idea of retiring from melee for the longest time due to not being able to play anyone close to me. So glad I read that. Thanks for posting that.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
loll I can't play anyone either Bert.
or couldn't until I came to college

Massive

Smash Champion
I can beat the vast majority of people I encounter with kirby, lol.

I'm still of the opinion he's THE WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME, however.

Hearing M2K's advice is a lot like listening to a savant explain how to multiply. They obviously know what they're doing, but when they describe it they explain it as numbers being crunchy or juicy, and that those numbers will wavedash into a pie that is the answer.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I like how Massive pops his head in here every once in a while. GMH.

In other news, I've made Smashboards work at school so I can actively post, not only in the afternoons, but in the day as well :D

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I like how Massive pops his head in here every once in a while. GMH.

In other news, I've made Smashboards work at school so I can actively post, not only in the afternoons, but in the day as well :D
Lolz, you have an iPhone 4, you dont need to make it work at school. When all else fails, you can just use Smashboards mobile.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Lolz, you have an iPhone 4, you dont need to make it work at school. When all else fails, you can just use Smashboards mobile.
I don't think you quite understand how slow AT&T is in Seymour. It's even worse in the school building. Besides, I don't want to just check up on my subscribed threads, I'd like to browse around more and learn more facts to the game. Most of my current skill is technical skill rather then knowledge about the games mechanics. I feel that if I studied Fox as a character more, and understood what to do in certain matchups and situations, my skill would increase rapidly.

And what better time then in school to do that? :3

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
God help us as Roman learns more about the game. He's already beating me more than 50%. Time might finally have come where Ziv takes the Springfield no.2 spot. YAY!! :)

Also, new Fire Emblem game coming out on 3DS. I'm gettin one for xmas.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
easiest way to learn what to do in different situations is try new **** in them.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Also, new Fire Emblem game coming out on 3DS. I'm gettin one for xmas.[/size]
Yeah, me too. Soooo many good titles. Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you that I started playing through Fire Emblem for the first time since I was a kid because I just beat A Link to the Past yesterday (Sooo good).

Funny thing about me starting Fire Emblem is that when I was a kid and played it, I must have skipped through the tutorials because I never knew about the weapon triangle system and I never knew about different land areas effecting your gameplay. Now that I understand the basic mechanics, I find the game way more enjoyable then I did before and I look forward to playing through as many as I possibly can. What's even funnier is that I beat the first Fire Emblem on GBA without even knowing any of this XD

easiest way to learn what to do in different situations is try new **** in them.
I slightly agree with this. I'd rather find out hit confirms through font rather than through the game itself.

Vts

Smash Champion
God help us as Roman learns more about the game. He's already beating me more than 50%. Time might finally have come where Ziv takes the Springfield no.2 spot. YAY!! :)

Also, new Fire Emblem game coming out on 3DS. I'm gettin one for xmas.

Can't let you get that spot!

Also where am I on the power rankings/elo

Who's coming to ark 4, and needs place to stay?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
When/where is ark 4? We don't have any travel tournaments planned at the moment, so it never hurts to have 1 in line. We'll hijack Terral's car if we have to.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
So.. what's that thing tomorrow or whatever? You know? The whatever thing? With the Smashing?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I can ride on the Axels if necessary. Just don't brake too fast or I'll scrape some part of my body with the ground.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I took the **** out of 4 of those kid's moneys.
Lemme tell you guys the story...
I go after school and the videogame club is FULL of kids. Like 30. They're playing CoD and L4D and all of that business, and then there was a little corner where the elite kids were playing smash. The kirby guy says "We'll save the best for last." Only four of them were there though. So the first guy picks Zelda and I'm like "OH ****, SHEIK. I MIGHT LOSE A STOCK"
We start, random stage, Peaches castle. But hey. At least items weren't on. Those r 4 noobs.
I start Dash Dancing on one side of the castle and I see that he is still Zelda. I say "Are you going to change?"
They all start laughing and then they start calling Sheik a bad character. So, he starts dins firing from a platform over and over. None of them Hit me, I just run and gut under it. I do a SHFFL Uair and then a knee. He is only half way off of the stage but I grab the ledge. He Up Bs straight up and dies because he can't grab the ledge. Then the funniest thing happens. The kirby guy starts yelling "WHAT A ****ING HACKER. STOP MODDING KID."
And at this point I have set down my controller and I'm on the floor laughing. Pretty much ROFLing. The rest of the stocks go pretty fast. The next guy plays Roy and during the match, gives me a lecture on how Roy is better than marth because fire makes him do more damage, and I proceed to JV 5 him considering Falcon Vs. Roy is dumb. He would just walk up to me and Fsmash so I'd sheild grab him and Dthrow him like 8 times in a row. He always landed on the ground and then used get up attack so that was easy. I then played a guy who played Pikachu and I 4 stocked him. Then I played the kirby guy. As soon as the match started he turned into a rock and he was like "HOW ARE YOU GOING TO HIT ME NOW, NOOB?" I proceeded to 4 stock him too.

So, 3 four stocks, 1 JV 5, and they're now convinced that I'm a "modder" and that I modded the console that they brought in. I have 20 bucks now though.

Massive

Smash Champion
I used to do this in Rolla quite a bit.

I'd usually just sit down and say "Pick my character",
Then proceeding to 4 stock them with whoever they picked.

Good times, so much money from overconfident kids.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Awesome smashfest today guys. Standings from bracket:
1. Zivilyn Bane
2. Terry - Good games dude. You had me on Dreamland. Marth tippers are gay.
3. Zantetsu - I feel like you would have won if you didn't go Sheik against me. Good games though.
4. Terral - Did we not play AGAIN?? That blows. Good job on fourth.
5. Wretched - You're going to have to get over your Marth issues. And quit dodging me lol. I promise you'll get better by playing me more.
5. DrewBear - Good games. You Marth is slick. I got your number now so I'll be trying to get you more involved again.
7. Tempest - I was pretty excited when you called me. Definitely worth the drive to have you there.
7. EFG - Good games dude. You're getting better. Please keep at it!! You'll be good but.only if you keep playing.
9. Kendra - Get a smashboards account and post actively. Word gets out that we have a girl smasher and our community will get bigger. Even if you do belong to Roman lol.

Chris, wish you could've been there today. That would've been ten for just a smashfest which is epic.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
Did I beat everyone at the Smashfest? I don't know if I did because I wasn't there to see. Am I the best player now? I sure hope I am.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I feel better playing against Marth than I do Shiek. I hate fighting against Shiek.

Top Bottom