• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You guys must be lying to me.
But you Sinister I'm hugging the first Muscley black guy I see.
I don't believe them though.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
omfg this thread had me rofling its awesome how everyone chipped in.

but yea, he's not THAT big of a black guy, but he's rather large

and muscley

Zantetsu

Smash Master
You're only lying to yourself :)

By the way, with all the free time I have in school, and since I'm teaching 2 new people the art of competitive smash, I've decided to write out VERY BASIC lessons and tweak them depending on how my students react. After tweaking, I'll most likely post the tutorials on Smashboards in hope to encourage many new players into playing the game. My main focus in the tutorials are to simplify the teaching process so that newcommers can really understand the advance techniques and why you would do them. Something I noticed Wak's video guide was lacking.

Once I get a capture card, I may just convert it to a video and use community matches for examples so everyone best polish up their skillz.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm excited to see this Fox of yours. Michael tells me you're close to my skill level, but less technical. It's going to be fun playing Fox dittos with 2 different foxes :)

By the way, what color Fox do you play? This is for the front page. Also, is there any other characters you use in tournament? If so, what are they and what color? Limit to 3 max please.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well...I tend to use original for everyone besides pink falcon. Not too picky with melee colors.

And I hope Michael didn't overhype me, I just use my imagination with combos, maybe like 5% tech skill :laugh:

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'm gonna be messing with fox a bit next time I play.
As long as you're using Fox against me in bracket instead of Sheik.

Also, I didn't realize you (Zant) had colored the characters. I don't use green Pikachu. In fact, I feel offended that you have accused me of such a thing. I exclusively use vanilla Pikachu. I also don't consider Falcon my secondary anymore, I kind of just pick alts at random.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Terral, I could have sworn that you used Green Pikachu in the beginning. I'll fix it once I get home. Using TOR at school and it's too slow :(

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I don't feel like the KC crew travels enough :/ its been a long time since I've seen Phatgamer and Massive. Jace, dmac, and Arc (when he was around :( ) traveled the most.

I'm probably totally and utterly wrong about this assumption lol...

Massive, dmac, and Jace lurk around in here every now and then, so they should be able to tell us soon. But yea, I agree, Stl and KC are pretty amazing. I'm not gonna lie though, I really like the competition in Missouri, and I'd go as far to say that Missouri could compete with Illinois and definitely give them a run for their money.

We should make a list of the top players in MO. Like a top 20 list.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
So I thought I'd ask again: anyone think they could volunteer to pick someone up and take them to the venue at around 5 or so?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I would Terral but my truck will be full.

I wouldn't mind doing a top 10 or 15 Missouri list, and I wouldn't mind being a panelist, however I don't want to head up the idea. I already have too much going on. The major problem with the idea though is that we hardly ever see STL or most of KC. Not to mention most of KC is actually in Kansas. And also several KC players that are still good and better than somebody like me (example Z, or Phat) don't really play competitively. I doubt they'd mind being left off the list though. I'm sure Z couldn't care less.

I'd be down with making a list though. We should have at least one panelist from each of the four MO regions though. And beforehand we'd have to decide criteria like if Kansas residents could be included, or how active the player has to be. The first thing we'd need to do is find a project leader.

:phone:

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Put me in coach! I love crew battles! They never happen in NJ brawl (didn't really play melee much there; too far).

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I don't think Kansas should be included, even if they are really close. The point of a MO ranking is that it's the rankings for MISSOURI, not Kansas. Either way, I'm not sure how we would do the list with all the inactive members. I vote not to include them if they aren't active, but then that just makes the results all scrambled. Why do people who are better then us not play? It's just stupid :(

Also, does anyone have a laptop that happens to be 32bit? If anyone does, we can combine the laptop and my capture card so we can have a recording set up at pathways. All I need is a 32 bit computer. I'm not asking to have it or anything, but if anyone could bring one and let me install the software (it's not too big at all) then we can start getting videos recorded again.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Santa I agree.

And I have a 32 bit laptop that could be used, but I highly doubt it could support the capturing. Its only got a 1.6Ghz processor and like....2GB of RAM I think. But we can try it.

Rofl, my tablet autocorrected "Zant" to Santa hahahaha I'm leaving it.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
You don't understand how lightweight the capture card is. That would be perfect for it.
I ran it off my old desktop that had 512 mb of ram and a 1ghz processor xD

>Bert<

Smash Ace
You don't understand how lightweight the capture card is. That would be perfect for it.
I ran it off my old desktop that had 512 mb of ram and a 1ghz processor xD
Alright, then I will for seriously bring it with me this weekend, but I'm going to require you drop my venue fee =P.

Just be sure you have an external hard drive or something. That laptop only has 24GBs of space almost all of which is used up lol.

I like how my tablet is more powerful than your old laptop lol...

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm not TO, plus when do we have venue fees anyway? (Sorry if that was sarcasm, it's hard to detect on the internet >_>)

Also, I have a tera HDD, so I'm perfectly set :)

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Lolz, yea it was sarcasm. But it sounds like all systems are a go. We will have liftoff on Saturday.

You should edit the thread title to "currently discussing MO power rankings"

Zantetsu

Smash Master
If I were to add that to the title, it would only be a matter of time until we change the subject once again. The community will have to prove that they can stay on subject. (which I'm not innocent when it comes to changing topics, but still)

Top Bottom