• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
In the beginning you were but we didn't get too many matches in after that so you might've been more consistent after you warmed up.

:phone:
Uh, yeah. I was exponentially better after I played Roman. Honestly, I was the most comfortable playing against Roman because of his aggressive play style, and I definitely feel like I played at my highest level against him in singles.
@Wretched You're definitely better than I thought you'd be. Sheik is the only character I really play. Sometimes I'll mess with Falco or Marth and think I'll secondary one of them sometime but right now I focus a lot of my extra time on Sheik. Which is why I suck so bad with anyone but Sheik.
Nah, you were good with everyone you used. Even Pichu.
Honestly, though, your Sheik was the only time I had to think about everything I did. Every other match was in robot mode, yet when I thought about what I was doing against your Sheik, you still managed to pull a 2~ stock win with Sheik most of the time.

Ziv, here is that thread about the documentary.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309978

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Oh, guys, more about last night...
There might have been an illusion as to how good I am, but then again, skill is an illusion, and winning is all that matters.
Anyways, the only reason I could actually get stocks off of you guys is because you haven't played a Falcon and you don't change up your roll patterns.
Zilv was actually good about changing his roll patterns, which means it was hard for me to predict because it was pretty random. Terrance, being a defensive player, ALWAYS on the first Dthrow rolls backwards. After the second one, he rolls back again. Next, he rolls towards me, unless we're at the edge. Usually when I'd get to the fourth Dthrow, he would have mixed it up a little bit, but the fact that your first 3 rolls are always the same definitely worked to my advantage.
Zantetsu is aggressive to no end, so he'd get up in place if we were in the middle of the stage, and roll towards me if we were somewhat close to the edge. He would never roll away, which worked to my advantage a lot of the time.

And, I don't know how you guys will take this, but we REALLY need to step up our game. I will attend everything that I physically can, but you guys should know...
Almost EVERYONE in SoVa would stomp all of us. They all 4 stocked me every match. With that being said, we definitely need to play more so that isn't the case and so we can put ourselves on the competitive map.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I main fox, can use ganon, the other top tiers (besides jiggs), and falcon if i'm having a good day lol

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
FAAALCON.
Yeah, I use Captain Falcon. He is the only character that I will ever play. (and sometimes peach in teams).
Also, HOW DO YOU HARDLY PLAY AND HAVE 8,000+ POSTS?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
been here since 2006, and i was active from 2008-2009 in brawl. (don't worry, i know how to play melee :laugh: ) but i kinda stopped playing often in 2010/2011 and now it's just pathways if i go lol.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I can teach you how to be technical, if you want. Honestly, my knowledge of tech skill surpasses my ability to use it, but I am a good teacher.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
eh it's a patience/discipline thing. i never cared for it even when i was an active melee player. i think my playstyle makes up for it. ask ziv he knows.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Like I said, my defense needs a lot of work. I do agree that my tech chasing paterns need work, and now that you're here and you noticed the mistakes, I can work on improving that.
It's very awesome that you're so willing to improve yourself and our crew. We need people like that. Like I said in the last post, don't scrub out and not play every weekend. We really need more players.

Also, funny fact. Michael may think your looks resemble Strong Bad, even though I don't, you remind me of him with your focus on game knowledge and getting "into" the game. We need someone like that. Now.. Go learn frame data, sort through the bull****, and teach me the important stuff, lol.

Massive

Smash Champion
fox's fsmash blows. useless when you have his d/u smashes.
The fsmash hitbox goes forward and down far enough that it is useful for ledge-guarding characters that don't sweet spot the edge.

dmac uses it pretty extensively to punish slight timing mismatches on jiggs/marth/falcon recoveries.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I prefer to fsmash or angle ftilt with fox. dsmash is always disappointing.

in reality though, i'd rather jump out offstage and shinespike.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
If you like to trade hits and time a shorter hit window, sure.
i think you're missing that you can dsmash and hit sweetspots, or you can fsmash and hope they **** up. if you're telling me that fsmash is better for edgeguarding than dsmash, you know nothing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's not better, but less difficult to time. so some people do it when they don't really care whether or not they succeed & don't feel like timing it.

Wretched: you're going to get destroyed by me, real talk.

Terry

Smash Ace
Seriously, guys. And just to let you know, I destroyed the writing portion of my college placement test. So fuuuuuuu

:phone:

Top Bottom