• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
i meant for pathways. any other day besides the 24th i'll be busy or studying :( and my roommate is kinda awkward lol

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'm going to go ahead and request a date change, hopefully it'll work out.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
September Pathways is now scheduled for the 24th.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Lol Ziv. I only WISH it was this weekend.

Edit: actually no, I don't wish it was this weekend cuz I'd miss out on it. I gots work.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Why do Foxes always grab after wave shining? They could easily do 2-3 more shines and sheik would still be in UAIR range after an Uthrow.
Also, you guys can get at me about whatever you want. 417-207-4952

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Why do Foxes always grab after wave shining? They could easily do 2-3 more shines and sheik would still be in UAIR range after an Uthrow.
I find it that those 2-3 more shines aren't as confirmed as a grab, with most characters like Marth and Shiek. I like to be more rewarded rather then take a risk.

Also, you guys can get at me about whatever you want. 417-207-2952
If Michael WANTS to pick you up, he can, but it'd be easier for me since I'm much closer. It's whatever though.

Oh yeah, and my name change went through. BHLMRO exists no more.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
DI'ing a shine well enough to avoid getting grabbed isn't even a factor, which is why the only thing you have to worry about when taking risks like that is that you have to know that you're capable of doing it and that you are willing to get punished and accept it if you do it wrong.

Is that a cell number with texting?

:phone:
Yep, so get at me.

Terry

Smash Ace
@Michael ~ I didn't reply because I was sleeping. I don't mind starting a little earlier than everyone else. Nathan said he'd try to make it a couple days ago. I'll pay for your lunch since you paid for my breakfast on the way back from BTEH2.

Guys, how should I DI Fox shines? Roman usually shines me once then grabs but Michael usually gets 2-3 before grabbing or smashing. Am I not DI'ing correctly?

Also, anyone have any good tips to know about spacing? Maybe there's something I'm not understanding or don't know. I'll be trying to work more on spacing tomorrow.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302678
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfBuAo_Bfvw

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the only DI that matters when you're Marth's weight or higher and you're still grounded is Smash DI. you have between 4 & 6 depending on how stale the shine is to do this SDI.
basically, get into the situation a lot and try different timings for the SDI. against a very good Fox players are able to react & do less walking forward before the next shine, but mixing up away SDI & SDI in makes it harder for sure.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Terry: Hmm I might pick you up a little earlier then. Oh and a good spacing tip is to focus on your opponents character instead of your own.

Wretched: What was supposed to be a 4?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Smashfest was good this weekend.

Wretched you're better than I expected, which is a definite plus. I think itll just take a few smashfests until you get at the top of your game. Not playing real people can really effect you. I hope you stick around. It would be disappointing if you were just another player who rarely plays (I'm talking to you guys, Terral and Nathan >:( )

Terrance, your gameplay is ridiculously accurate and it keeps getting better and better each time I play you. If I mess up even once, you know how to punish me by racking up a lot of damage, which is excellent practice. You really keep me on the edge, keep it up.

Michael, find a way to avoid shine spikes. It's like, the only reason I win against you. Once you get that down, you'll be back to 2-3 stocking me.

As for myself, I really need defense practice. Like Jace told me, I think I'm pretty spot on when it comes to offense, but when I'm the one getting hit, I have a lot of problems finding out what I should do in the situations. Any suggestions, anyone?

GG's

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeeeee
That was pretty fast considering you drove off like 5 seconds ago.
I am better than I expected too.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Hmm Roman we need new vids so I can post 'em in the Marth boards to be critiqued. You played so good and won more vs me than I did vs you today. To play more defensively just try to slow it down a pace when you're being pressured, especially by Falco.

Terrence, you're so close to being better than me. Don't shield grab when I space or am behind you. Work on your DI. Those two things will help you get a lot better.

Wretched, good games dude. Our crew really needs an active consistent fourth man so I hope you're him. You have a ton of potential I can tell. My advice for you this time is on your l canceling. I notice you miss a lot because I think you're focusing too much on timing it. It shouldn't really be a timing thing though. Instead just watch and do it upon landing.

Kendra, keep at it! Smash needs more girls. You're smart enough to be good at this game and I hope you keep playing.

Terry

Smash Ace
Smashfest was good this weekend.

Wretched you're better than I expected, which is a definite plus. I think itll just take a few smashfests until you get at the top of your game. Not playing real people can really effect you. I hope you stick around. It would be disappointing if you were just another player who rarely plays (I'm talking to you guys, Terral and Nathan >:( )

Terrance, your gameplay is ridiculously accurate and it keeps getting better and better each time I play you. If I mess up even once, you know how to punish me by racking up a lot of damage, which is excellent practice. You really keep me on the edge, keep it up.

Michael, find a way to avoid shine spikes. It's like, the only reason I win against you. Once you get that down, you'll be back to 2-3 stocking me.

As for myself, I really need defense practice. Like Jace told me, I think I'm pretty spot on when it comes to offense, but when I'm the one getting hit, I have a lot of problems finding out what I should do in the situations. Any suggestions, anyone?

GG's
@Zantetsu Kinda wish I got more games in with your Fox. I just didn't feel like I was playing nearly as well against you as I was against Michael. I did feel I was doing better at edge-guarding then previously. Also, when I put pressure on you, I noticed you couldn't escape it a couple times. But I could usually only find openings after you had taken a stock from me. One thing I noticed was you hopping and lasering me while I was pretty close to you which gave me easy openings to dash attack or grab.

@Wretched You're definitely better than I thought you'd be. Sheik is the only character I really play. Sometimes I'll mess with Falco or Marth and think I'll secondary one of them sometime but right now I focus a lot of my extra time on Sheik. Which is why I suck so bad with anyone but Sheik.

I'm glad I can beat Michael every once in a while. I really feel like I've improved. I was able to capitalize a lot more than usual with my combos. I feel like my spacing is getting better at least against Marth. Even though I forgot about Michaels tip telling me to focus on the opponent more my spacing seems a little better just because I was focusing on that.

I'm tired so some of this may or may not make sense. I'ma go to sleep. -_-

Top Bottom