• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Terry

Smash Ace
^_____________________________________________^

@Yes! Nice to meet ya! hope you smash with us again soon! You're very good.

@Ziv Think that video is a decent example of how good I am? I may post it somewhere and ask for some advice.

@Nathan Play more you scrub!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
^_____________________________________________^

@Yes! Nice to meet ya! hope you smash with us again soon! You're very good.

@Ziv Think that video is a decent example of how good I am? I may post it somewhere and ask for some advice.

@Nathan Play more you scrub!
Yeah it's a good indicator but I don't think I'm going to upload it tonight. Soooo tired =/

Terry

Smash Ace
Ohwkay.
Anyone know who that guy that taught me how to running man is? I think his name was David. Does he get on smashboards? I want him to teach me more moves +_+

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ok guys so for BTEH2, here is the plan.

Jake has bailed on us and we don't have an alternate driver. Terral doesn't want to do it and I don't feel right pressuring him into it.

So the only other option is this.

On Friday, I'm going to pick up Terrence at around 11am. We'll come back to my house and smash for a bit. Roman gets off school that day at noon. Roman, can you get dropped off at my house? Maybe Kendra could do it? Anyways, when Roman gets to my place (should be between 1pm and 130pm) we'll embark to Lawrence. Whit is driving, I get shotgun, Roman will get the seat by the kids, and Terrence will be riding in the back of the Rav. We sleep at Jace's Friday night. Play smash Saturday. And most likely will sleep at Jace's again on Saturday night. Whit will pick us up early Sunday morning and we'll head back. I would guess we'll be back in town by 2pm on Sunday, seeing as how I have to work at 245 =/

Also, costs for the trip will be as follows:
5 - venue
10 - singles
10 - doubles (per person)
15 - food
20 - gasoline
=$60 per person

I had to bump gas up $5 since only three parties are paying for gas. So Roman and Terrence, you guys each have sixty bucks for the tourney, right?

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know how to upload a vid longer than 15 minutes to youtube? I have one that is 16 and don't want to cut it up.
It is to my understanding--from my experiences with such things--that the supposed "YouTube" you speak of will not allow for videos of a length greater than fourteen minutes and sixty seconds to be viewed on their well respected venue unless the "Uploader"--as I will refer to such a person who posts a video--is of the proper status. The title of "Director" must be bestowed upon this Uploader, and such a title requires the posting of several videos of a classy nature, which also do not hold any marking, audio or video that is of a copyrighted nature.

So my friend, it pains me to bring you the distressing news that it is unlikely your sixteen minute video will be allowed to be uploaded in its entirety in the near future.

Cordially,
Crow Magnum

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Does anyone know how to upload a vid longer than 15 minutes to youtube? I have one that is 16 and don't want to cut it up.
unless your account is enabled for it you can't. find someone whose account can. mine can.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Honestly, I want to go, but I just don't trust myself enough to think I can drive three hours to get there. I have almost no experience even driving on James River. I was about 70% on board, though, so if your current plans fall through it's still possible I can be the backup.

Also, get the video to Robbie or me and it'll get uploaded to the Pathways channel.

And the results thread will be up tomorrow morning. I should have gotten it taken care of today but I was distracted by hours upon hours of homework (about a quarter done for the week! Yes!).

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Honestly, I want to go, but I just don't trust myself enough to think I can drive three hours to get there. I have almost no experience even driving on James River. I was about 70% on board, though, so if your current plans fall through it's still possible I can be the backup.

Also, get the video to Robbie or me and it'll get uploaded to the Pathways channel.

And the results thread will be up tomorrow morning. I should have gotten it taken care of today but I was distracted by hours upon hours of homework (about a quarter done for the week! Yes!).
No worries dude. I wish you had more experience but I understand why you don't want to drive.

Also don't forget to email the church lady and see if we can do September pathways at the church. If not, lemme know asap so I can get started on finding us a different venue.

:phone:

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ziv did u root your Sensation 4G yet?

Just got Honeycomb on my tablet 2 nights ago. Woot.
I don't really have a reason to root it. As an employee I get free tethering. I'm running 2.3 which supports multitouch and pinch zoom. The phone has a 1.2ghz dual core with enough RAM to power it so any added performance is overkill. I'm not in to creating a custom Android OS.

So yeah. There's really no point for me to root it and with kids, I like knowing it's covered by my insurance just in case something happened to it.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
We have the Pathways basement for September 17th. Gonna be so hype.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
prolly cant make it then. i told ziv to make it the 24th if possible :/

Terry

Smash Ace
Yes, I have the money.

What should I be bringing to BTEH2? Setup? Tv? Probably no room for tv. Blanket, pillow, sleeping bag? Definitely bringing my Ds, harvest moon, and ipod.

Also, If anyone sees a pair of erx 300 hi tops cranberry let me know.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
So Roman and Terrence, you guys each have sixty bucks for the tourney, right?
Sorry for the late reply. I'm all good to go. I get off School at 12, I'll try and have everything ready so that I'm at your house by 1:30. 1:00 might be a little bit too strict, but I'm being serious on timing this time. No typical lateness for this.[/QUOTE]

and Terrence will be riding in the back of the Rav.
I'm confused on this part.

I have almost no experience even driving on James River.
Terral, come on now, highway 60 isn't that bad at all. No johns.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yup. No seat for Terrence. Bring pillow and blankey but pack light, as we will be cramped the way there.

Roman, we're smash players. When I say 1pm, I expect 130. But try not to be any later than that lol.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I don't really have a reason to root it. As an employee I get free tethering. I'm running 2.3 which supports multitouch and pinch zoom. The phone has a 1.2ghz dual core with enough RAM to power it so any added performance is overkill. I'm not in to creating a custom Android OS.

So yeah. There's really no point for me to root it and with kids, I like knowing it's covered by my insurance just in case something happened to it.

You got it all wrong. I don't think u fully know what rooting is. With rooting, you gain Superuser access to your phone meaning you can delete all the bloatware HTC loaded on there to begin with, if a certain program isn't working on it chances are the developer who created the custom ROM got it working smoothly. A big app that wasn't working for me until I rooted my phone and tablet was Netflix. And yes, while rooting does increase speed, a HUGE benefactor would be the increase in battery life. When you root, you yourself are not creating a new Android OS, but the developers are. I mean, you CAN make your own, but you would need to be some kind of software geek.

Edit: and I think Android has supported multitouch and pinch to zoom since like 2.0.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Bert I know exactly what rooting is. In a world full of modders and hackers, I'm simply not one of them. I don't mind not having superuser access to my phone. I can do anything I want with it without rooting it. Anything I can do with it by rooting it doesn't appeal to me much. So why would I root it?

Guess what? I haven't modded my wii either lol.

EDIT: But just to be sure. Are you suggesting the ability to remove a few preinstalled apps from my phone are worth voiding the warranty on a device that would cost me $600 to replace? (or $130 with insurance, or $5 with warranty exchange)

dmac

Smash Champion
HTC actually supports unlocking your device now(and then it 100% violates your warranty if you do it their way heh! if you do it the alternative way you can always go back to the way it came)

better battery life, a much faster system, super customization, and a non SENSE rom are the main reasons i rooted my phone (i actually use a sense rom right now, but i'm swapping back today!).

that said, 99% of people (approximately <_<) will never need to do it

Terry

Smash Ace
I hope harvest moon comes in the mail before the trip. Then I can plant vegetables and brush my sheep and get married. Can't wait! :3

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
prolly cant make it then. i told ziv to make it the 24th if possible :/
Gosh dang it. That information didn't get to me (or I forgot it? I think I'd remember that, though) and I had to arrange ASAP after August Pathways since the planned date (17th) was so soon after the last one. I'd really like to see you here, so if you can guarantee you can be here on the 24th I can see if we can change it.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Gosh dang it. That information didn't get to me (or I forgot it? I think I'd remember that, though) and I had to arrange ASAP after August Pathways since the planned date (17th) was so soon after the last one. I'd really like to see you here, so if you can guarantee you can be here on the 24th I can see if we can change it.
You didn't forget, I did. Forgot to tell you.

OR I didn't tell you cause I secretly didn't want Strong Bad to go.

But that's definitely not true cause I <3 Strongspacebad.

Top Bottom