• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Mewtwo's tail is WAAAAAY better than Lucario's tail though, even if Lucario's tail isn't bad.

Also I'm not a furry, I just love tails lol.
Half the time I spend playing Mewtwo I stare at his tail. It's movements are... quite hypnotic.

His bair is my favourite move followed by his dtilt. His tail is such a defining feature.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Half the time I spend playing Mewtwo I stare at his tail. It's movements are... quite hypnotic.

His bair is my favourite move followed by his dtilt. His tail is such a defining feature.
I like the way you think, his tail really is such a defining feature and my favorite part about him. And I too stare at his tail a lot when I use him, at least, I stare at his tail when it's not a serious match of course!

Also, Merry Christmas to all Mewtwo mains! And everyone else as well.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I got a whole bunch of amiibo for Christmas, and one of them is Mewtwo!
Yaaaaay!

I'm calling him Fluffykins. I was originally planning to make it Fluffykins Jr, but there wasn't enough character spaces. :(

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I like the way you think, his tail really is such a defining feature and my favorite part about him. And I too stare at his tail a lot when I use him, at least, I stare at his tail when it's not a serious match of course!

Also, Merry Christmas to all Mewtwo mains! And everyone else as well.
I'm not a furry but I can't help but love his tail as well. It's so cool. And long. It's hard not to stare. >.>

I don't just love Mewtwo for his tail though. His backstory and personality won me over years ago. He'll always be my favourite Pokemon.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a furry but I can't help but love his tail as well. It's so cool. And long. It's hard not to stare. >.>

I don't just love Mewtwo for his tail though. His backstory and personality won me over years ago. He'll always be my favourite Pokemon.
I mean it's not JUST his tail that I love, I like everything else about him too, but his tail is BY FAR and above my favorite thing about him.

Browny

Smash Hater
Only 53% of your posts on this forum mention the word 'tail'.

You gotta step it up :sonic:

Last edited:

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Only 53% of your posts on this forum mention the word 'tail'.

You gotta step it up :sonic:
**** man, I at least TRY to not be entirely about tails you know? I am a person underneath my tail love...

oh who am I kidding, I am all about those big tails, Charizard and Mewtwo best tails in the game

tail tail tail tail tail tail tail tail tail tail tail tail tail tail tail tail tail tail tail

does that help fill in the void of tail-less posts?

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Merry Christmas tai-err Mewtwo lovers! (and tail lovers). As for amiibo...I got 2 for Christmas boosting my total to :4dedede::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4kirby::4lucina::4marth::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4gaw::4rob::4robinm: 13! And I needed the heads to help count (not home atm). Meanwhile my sister now has 26! And my cousin only has 3 =P

And now I stand alone as the only furry I know of in this thread~ my name alone kinda gives it away.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Merry Christmas tai-err Mewtwo lovers! (and tail lovers). As for amiibo...I got 2 for Christmas boosting my total to :4dedede::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4kirby::4lucina::4marth::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4gaw::4rob::4robinm: 13! And I needed the heads to help count (not home atm). Meanwhile my sister now has 26! And my cousin only has 3 =P

And now I stand alone as the only furry I know of in this thread~ my name alone kinda gives it away.
I don't have any amiibos, though I do kinda want a mewtwo amiibo, the tail on that thing is really really good from what I've seen...though that's a dumb reason to want an Amiibo so I haven't gotten it yet lol.

I did get a steam card and a $100 prepaid mastercard which I'm going to use on a new GPU once I get enough for it though.

Furret24

Smash Master
This tail talk here is...uh...

In other news, I now have 13 amiibo. Here's a lovely picture of them.
DSC_0805.JPG

:4gaw:,:4jigglypuff:,:4kirby:,:4pacman:,:4pikachu:,:4drmario:,:4yoshi:,:4olimar:,:4duckhunt:,:4rob:, Chibi-Robo, Green Yarn Yoshi, and Blue Yarn Yoshi.

I don't know why I love getting these amiibo so much. :|

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
yeah tail talk is my fault, sorry, can't help it that I'm so interested in other peoples opinions on tails...

People don't seem to mind though, I won't push for the topic again once it's dropped though because that would be really annoying.

All these amiibo collections make me want to collect them, but then I realize the money that would be and change my mind.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't know how many amiibo I have. Lemme do a head count....
:4charizard::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4mewtwo::4mario::4lucina::4link::4kirby::4myfriends::4pacman::4pikachu::4pit::4robinm::4samus::4sheik::4sonic:
17. Dang. And considering how the FE ones were imported...I'm not going to think about how much all of these cost.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
All these amiibo collections make me want to collect them, but then I realize the money that would be and change my mind.
When amiibo first came out, I calculated that if you bought all of them, you'd be spending about $700.

"I'll just get my mains: DK, Ike, and Mewtwo." So I pre-ordered Donkey Kong at Gamestop. He looked great!

Then, about 2 weeks later, people started talking about how all the Wii Fit, Marth, and Villager were gone, and wouldn't be restocked. Panic started to set in... "What if I want them all, someday?"

"I'll just get the original 12 characters, as well. Link and Mario look so nice."

"Peach looks amazing. Gotta get her."

"Whoa, Pit and Little Mac look amazing... what if I just get the main characters..."

Once I had bought Zelda and Diddy Kong, I knew I'd be buying them all. And I did. I have them all.

Paid $20 for Wii Fit, from Hong Kong.

Paid $24 for Meta Knight, Robin, Lucina, Wario, Charizard, and Pac-Man, from Japan

Paid $35 for Little Mac and drove 100 miles to get him off a scalper.

Paid $40 for Marth, and about $50 for Villager, from Germany.

But damn, do they look pretty together.

ALSO MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Then, about 2 weeks later, people started talking about how all the Wii Fit, Marth, and Villager were gone, and wouldn't be restocked. Panic started to set in... "What if I want them all, someday?
That was just a big mess. It was just a rumor that they wouldn't be restocked anyway, but everyone still seemed to believe it. I think it was Target or something who said that they had no confirmation if they'd be restocked or not, and then everyone just lost their minds after that.

I'm pretty sure that a guy at Nintendo even said soon afterwards that they would be restocked as they saw fit, but no one listened.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I tried finding a Mac/Falcon amiibo for my brother for Christmas...none. So I just got him protein.

The most common amiibo is Luigi easily where I am.

Lots of Ganondorf and Zss in stock too...

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Merry Christmas, everybody! So, we're talking about amiibo? I actually don't have that many. I've only got 3: Samus, Zelda, and Fox. I had Kirby, but my dog chewed him up while I was out one day. I didn't get any amiibo this Christmas, but I did get The Screwtape Letters and a good pair of shoes, so that's nice. I also got Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and FAST Racing NEO, both of which are great! I know Ultra Smash has gotten a lot of hate for being lacking in content, but, personally, I've had quite a bit of fun with it. I won't lie, it is empty-feeling, but the gameplay is rock-solid. So far, my favorite character is Dry Bowser. Not only am I a fan of him in the mainstream Mario games, but I love the way he feels in Ultra Smash. Dry Bowser's a Defensive character, but he definitely has a Power edge, so, in addition to feeling like I have total control of my side of the court, I also feel like I have some degree of control over the opponent's side, too. It's a really good feeling. In doubles, I usually pair Dry Bowser with my second-favorite character, Waluigi. I guess I just have a thing for Defensive characters!

FAST Racing NEO is genius. It's very fast-paced, and the visual direction is awesome. I love the way some of the tracks look, especially Daitoshi Station. My favorite aspect, however, has got be the "color phases," because they add a sense of strategy to the game, in my opinion. They helped me stay focused on the track, which is pretty impressive in a game where all you want to do is look at the buildings and trees zooming past you. And, FRN really brings the difficulty, but it never feels cheep. There're no color phases placed right around corners, and no nearly invisible hazards that kill you in one hit. Everything is properly telegraphed, and you can easily see most of the color phases and hazards coming, but, nevertheless, FAST Racing NEO maintains a high difficulty-level. I love it!

Anyhow, I'm starting to ramble on. I tend to write out whole reviews whenever I start talking about games I enjoy. My apologies. Did you guys get any games, or anything you enjoyed, really, for Christmas, or whatever else you may celebrate?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
^I got Yoshi's Wooly World. It's not something I was super hyped for or anything, but me and my sister are really having a lot of fun playing it together. It's actually pretty easy to get in each other's way during co-op. I think we've actually killed each other more times then anything they game has thrown at us so far.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Merry Christmas, everyone!

^I got Yoshi's Wooly World. It's not something I was super hyped for or anything, but me and my sister are really having a lot of fun playing it together. It's actually pretty easy to get in each other's way during co-op. I think we've actually killed each other more times then anything they game has thrown at us so far.
I got Woolly World too along with Mario Kart 8 and an eShop card which I spent mostly on the Mario Kart DLC. I've got enough to get Cloud though. Haven't been able to play either of them because it's been a rather busy day but I really can't wait to try them out.

However, my biggest gift this year is my new desktop PC. The specs on it seem to be what I've been looking for (I do 3D art and some PC gaming. Plus I may finally be able to run games I get on Steam!) so I'm a happy camper right now.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any Amiibo but I plan on getting Mewtwo myself soon.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Which Mewtwo amiibo? Either the Smash version, or the UNRELEASED Pokken Tournament amiibo CARD? Guess :p
It looks nice against my Doik Lonk and R.E.B amiibo
Bah... I misread your post and mentally slurred "MOOTOO" and "AMUUBO" together into "AMOOTUUBO," which I translated as just "amiibo." >_< My bad.
So, what're you gonna name it?

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I named my Mewtwo amiibo "Psyshock." I debated over the name for like a good 20 minutes, but I couldn't come up with anything better.

It's level 48 right now.

Last edited:

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Okay now I really want a Mewtwo amiibo, from pictures I've seen it's tail is really well made. Can Mewtwo amiibo owners confirm this about his tail?

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Nice and long tail thats all wavy in shape and a bit more smoother to the touch imo
Pics or it didn't happen :p

How's the base? Where it connects to the body...that's one of the most important parts to me. Man that sounds nice though, once I have expendable funds I'll try to pick one up!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Okay now I really want a Mewtwo amiibo, from pictures I've seen it's tail is really well made. Can Mewtwo amiibo owners confirm this about his tail?
It's well made.

In other news, I've wonder traded a whole box of Snivy and now going through a box of Froakie. They mostly have hidden abilities. I've mostly gotten Roselia in return. I hope at least some of them are kids who just got their first Pokemon game for Christmas...

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I named my Mewtwo amiibo "Psyshock." I debated over the name for like a good 20 minutes, but I couldn't come up with anything better.
I think I've posted this in the Mewtwo Social before, but you probably weren't (back) here when I did it, so I'll repost my idea. When I get my Mewtwo amiibo, I'm going to name it "Resin." I like Ambertwo a lot, and amber is fossilized tree resin, so it's kinda like a reference to Ambertwo. I'll probably stick Resin with the orange palette swap, since real resin is orange, too.
If I EVER use it, it's getting called Mootoo, I name the amiibo after their original names, only bastardized
I should've guessed. Funnily enough, I was just about to edit that question out of my post. After I saw "R.E.B." and "Doik Lonk," I realized your naming scheme, and, after revisiting your initial post, I had my "OH..." moment:p.

D

Deleted member

Have you guys heard of Abadango apparently planning to use Mewtwo at GENESIS 3?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Yo let's go! I'm hyped now! Mewtwo's gonna be unveiled. People are going to be in shock at how Mewtwo is now. Abadango already had a lot of Mewtwo experience, and he's an amazing player. I hope he does really well at Genesis 3!

Go Abadango!

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
It connects right behind his right foot, at the start of the tail
hmm, I'd love it if someone took some pics of the amiibo's tail, but no one has to just a nice thing.

When it comes to what I got for Christmas, I got a $50 steam card from my brother and a $100 pre-paid master card from my parents which I'm going to save for a new GPU. SO far with the steam card I got Axiom Verge (Which is fantastic), Grim Fandago, Talos Principal and some other cheap games, still have $18 left so any Recommendations would be awesome (Be warned I own a lot) and someone gifted me Final Fantasy 7! So now I can use Cloud without being a fraud that never played his game!

Also **** yes Abadango! Definitely tuning into that, and not to just look at his tail I swear...okay maybe a bit.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
hmm, I'd love it if someone took some pics of the amiibo's tail, but no one has to just a nice thing.

When it comes to what I got for Christmas, I got a $50 steam card from my brother and a $100 pre-paid master card from my parents which I'm going to save for a new GPU. SO far with the steam card I got Axiom Verge (Which is fantastic), Grim Fandago, Talos Principal and some other cheap games, still have $18 left so any Recommendations would be awesome (Be warned I own a lot) and someone gifted me Final Fantasy 7! So now I can use Cloud without being a fraud that never played his game!

Also **** yes Abadango! Definitely tuning into that, and not to just look at his tail I swear...okay maybe a bit.
be warned, Steam was hacked a while ago
Freedom Planet, Rogue Legacy, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Metal Gear Rising

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
be warned, Steam was hacked a while ago
Freedom Planet, Rogue Legacy, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Metal Gear Rising
I heard, I haven't had any issues yet so hopefully it stays that way

I have Freedom Planet, Shantae I might consider, Shovel Knight I had my eye on, I have MGR, and Rogue Legacy looks interesting, and for 85% off I might get it, we'll see.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Really? That's awesome! Maybe he'll show everyone what a real top-tier looks like! ...Well, not really. Mewtwo's obviously not a top-tier character, but I feel like he's more viable than the general populace seems to think, especially with his 1.1.3 buffs. If nothing else, it'll be good publicity for Mewtwo. I wish more people would pick him up, though I perfectly understand why any given top-level competitive player wouldn't.
In other news, I've wonder traded a whole box of Snivy and now going through a box of Froakie. They mostly have hidden abilities. I've mostly gotten Roselia in return. I hope at least some of them are kids who just got their first Pokemon game for Christmas...
That's actually really nice. If I had gotten a starter Pokémon with its hidden ability via trading when I started my first Pokémon game, I would've been really excited. Thanks for doing that for all those kids. :)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Hold on, this is tricky. I have the pictures on my 3DS. I'll upload them and post 'em here.

The Mewtwo amiibo is made out of this awesome plastic. It can bend slightly, but it's firm, but it's soft to the touch. It's the only Smash amiibo made entirely out of this stuff. It feels so nice in your hands.

D

Deleted member

I'm excited at what Abadango is gonna do with Mewtwo. I also plan to stick around these boards more. Mewtwo's a really fun and interesting character, and I really wanna do my best to help develop his meta. We will make people fear the world's strongest Pokémon.

Top Bottom