• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
yeah it is, how do you do?
I go by CrazyLikeAPhox over in that ****hole.
Not an extremely prolific poster, but I do have veteran status and a fair bit of karma.
Anyway, well met. I think you'll find that we tend to be a bit nicer and more intelligent here.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I don't really like GameFAQs, either. RPGrinder A few users over there really push my buttons, and I've been banned more times than I care to admit for participating in rather...heated debates. I'm much less tetchy and more kind here, I think. In any case, I enjoy SmashBoards far more than GameFAQs, and I've all but abandoned the latter. You guys are much friendlier:)!

I actually don't have a reddit account, because I'm not really interested in posting there. The only reason I ever visit is to read some of the more intriguing or humorous askreddits. It's a nice site, though.

D

Deleted member

I actually don't have a reddit account, because I'm not really interested in posting there. The only reason I ever visit is to read some of the more intriguing or humorous askreddits. It's a nice site, though
Good, you're doing yourself a huge favor. :)

Seriously, Reddit itself isn't too bad, but r/smashbros can be pretty ignorant. Good source of news though, and a lot of other subreddits are great (I like browsing through r/LifeProTips a lot myself).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I avoid GameFAQs like the plague. Sometimes a thread will pop up when I google search or something, but I definitely have no plans to become an active part of its community.
I don't really like GameFAQs, either. RPGrinder A few users over there really push my buttons, and I've been banned more times than I care to admit for participating in rather...heated debates. I'm much less tetchy and more kind here, I think. In any case, I enjoy SmashBoards far more than GameFAQs, and I've all but abandoned the latter. You guys are much friendlier:)!
Woah, I can't really imagine you getting banned. I'm trying to imagine you flaming someone and it's just not working.

Then again, the amount someone can change in posting habits over the years is pretty crazy. I used to be pretty prideful and too stubborn about my opinions, and I constantly embarrassed myself. These days, though, I'm pretty willing to listen to opposing opinions and may even change my mind if the opposing side makes a really strong point.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
I got banned on gamefaqs by talking about tails too much, I WAS pretty annoying about them, but still that's a dumb reason to be banned lol.

I like talking on reddit, I absolutely love getting any replies that ask me about anything tail related, I dunno why I just can't help it I love talking about this stupid appendage.

Anyway, I like posting on gamefaqs because it's fun pissing people off by just mentioning tails (Seriously, people get pretty mad for some reason)

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Smashboards is the only social media I frequent. Don't have a GameFAQs account although they do have good content there. Back when I didn't have the entire game memorized, I used to make use of a map on there that showed where all hidden treasure in Radiant Dawn is. As for Reddit, I have one but never use it. The site's too big and general for my liking plus I'm not very social as it is so frequenting another social site seems pointless.

Anyways, will be posting pictures soon. One for TailLover and two others just because.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I used to hang out on the Fire Emblem/Monster Hunter corners of GameFAQs. Got sick of it, though, because of assholes jerks. Either it was elitist jerks who put others down, or intolerant people who did all they could to marginalize people they disagreed with. Essentially, emotional babies and thugs.

I've been to 4chan. There are good people there, but nothing good there is allowed to last, because of the demons who inhabit every corner of the site. It is their personal goal to be as divisive, vile, and calloused as possible. Nothing good on 4chan can last long. You have to do stuff with any buddies you meet off-site.

Then there's Reddit. I currently spend a good amount of time there, but Reddit is a mega-massive site. All the worst parts of all those other sites are there too, but the only thing that keeps it bearable is that it's so big that mob mentality sometimes swings the right way. The tangential nature of the reply system also assures no one is left out of the conversation... unless you're a day late. Reddit is like Twitter, in that all that matters is what's trending/recent, if you're in a large/popular subforum. Another negative is the negative karma. On Smashboards, it's nice to see if people like what you say, but if no one likes what you say, it's not a big deal. It's just a dumb and fun dopamine dongle. On most subforums on Reddit, though, you have the down vote button. Now, if someone says something that is untrue, or that you don't like, you can just down vote it instead of refuting it. If you thought mob mentality was great for promoting good content and spamming your dopamine receptors, just wait until you see how efficient the down vote button is at marginalizing people, bullying/strong-arming people, enforcing status quo, and, if you accumulate a negative balance, restricting your ability to post at all! How's waiting 10 minutes in between posts sound? Reddit is a mixed bag.

So, yeah. Smashboards is by far the best forum out there for Smash fans. It's not too big, not too small, not too intolerant, not too ignorant, and not too involved in things it has no business being involved in. Smashboards still has a problem with elitists, babies, and thugs, but there thankfully aren't very many of them.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
You guys don't mind if I share some of the mediocre art I make occasionally do you?
DSC_0807.JPG

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
There's my sisters collection of amiibo followed by mine and then the 3 tailed ones I have even though TailLover didn't care for Falco tail =P. Hopefully they aren't too small. If they are then I'll edit this post when I get off work to make em bigger.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
There's my sisters collection of amiibo followed by mine and then the 3 tailed ones I have even though TailLover didn't care for Falco tail =P. Hopefully they aren't too small. If they are then I'll edit this post when I get off work to make em bigger.
size is fine, though the angle on Mewtwo's tail could be better, that said the pic still shows how nice Mewtwo's tail is on that amiibo so thanks!

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I lurk reddit like everyday. I find a lot of stuff there interesting. 4chan is confusing to navigate and there's a lot of trolls on GameFaqs based on what I've seen. I don't post on reddit too often and this the only thread I go to on Smashboards. =)

Merry late Christmas everyone! I went to stay at my cousin's place for a few days for Christmas so I haven't had time for games and stuff these past few days. We had a family Christmas party and I got a lot of stuff. My family is huge (my grandma has 11 kids, including my dad) so we all had a lot of fun. I made like 200 dollars off red envelopes and got lots of clothes. I gave 160 to my dad since I had no use for that much money and he can put it to better use.

I'm honestly not too big on amiibos. They seem really expensive to get into and I've never been into collecting things (except for Pokemon and Yugioh cards when I was little). I don't have a single one, but I wouldn't mind getting one or two of them in the future.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I only have 7 amiibo. Picked up Ganondorf and Captain Falcon today. Hope to have them all one day, but focusing on getting my favorites and the rare ones first.

:4link::4zelda::4mewtwo::4charizard::4drmario::4ganondorf::4falcon:

Furret24

Smash Master
I got a Chibi Robo amiibo yaaaaay
Is it bad that I wanted the amiibo more than the game when I got the Chibi-Robo Zip Lash bundle? Not to say I wasn't interested in the game, but the amiibo just looks so nice and we'll made. It's one of my favorites in my amiibo collection (so far).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey! It's been quit some time since i lurk here. But i just wanted to say that, i really like Mewtwo buff. I played alot Mewtwo before but i have to say, his buff make him even more fun to play! Sure, there is still some thing that could be fixed. (His grab for me.) But really, i really like Mewtwo in this game! So yeah, i hope you the best guys. ;)

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I only have about 5 Amiibo :4link::4greninja::4littlemac::4falcon::4mewtwo: which were the one's i wanted the most. This would probably be the first forum/ thread i ever really lurked around in as I never was into this sort of thing, until now anyway :cool:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I have 6 amiibo:
:4metaknight: and :4lucina: for my mains...and because they are amazing :3
:4mewtwo: and :4greninja: just for smash in general, and for my "secondaries"...at least atm
:rosalina: and :4mario: (free MP version from bundle) that I used to use with MP10...they don't get much use anymore.
May yet get :4cloud:, :4corrin:, and maybe 1 or 2 last one(s), but I'm not too sure just yet.

Last edited:

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
I actually have a Kirby amiibo, because I won it in a little thing at my school, so that's cool

If I were to actually buy amiibos, Charizard and Mewtwo would be the only ones I would get really, for obvious reasons.

I hope Pokken gets some amiibos, I'd love a Sceptile amiibo.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I actually have a Kirby amiibo, because I won it in a little thing at my school, so that's cool

If I were to actually buy amiibos, Charizard and Mewtwo would be the only ones I would get really, for obvious reasons.

I hope Pokken gets some amiibos, I'd love a Sceptile amiibo.
I'm so Hyped for Pokken Tournament i hope the Greninja and Mewtwo amiibo's for smash work with that game, i wouldn't mind a Blaziken amiibo either.

Browny

Smash Hater
I am utterly convinced that 1.1.3 Mewtwo is better than the following characters across an entire-cast matchup spread

:4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucas::4lucina::4marth::4palutena::4feroy::4samus::4shulk::4zelda::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

And shares a similar viability to:4megaman::4gaw::4pacman::4robinf::4tlink::4wario::4wiifit::4olimar:

He might not have the required amount of dedicated, tournament level mains to get similar results as them but I feel like his approach is now just as strong as his defense. SHAD-fair is disgustingly safe and spammable, it feels like certain characters can get walled out by it.

I've been focusing more on upsmash lately, trying to get as many kills with it as possible and just dashing towards people as they are landing and throwing it out is working pretty well. They keep trying to fade back with a fair/nair to cover their landing, but Mewtwos just too fast.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I am utterly convinced that 1.1.3 Mewtwo is better than the following characters across an entire-cast matchup spread

:4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucas::4lucina::4marth::4palutena::4feroy::4samus::4shulk::4zelda::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

And shares a similar viability to:4megaman::4gaw::4pacman::4robinf::4tlink::4wario::4wiifit::4olimar:

He might not have the required amount of dedicated, tournament level mains to get similar results as them but I feel like his approach is now just as strong as his defense. SHAD-fair is disgustingly safe and spammable, it feels like certain characters can get walled out by it.

I've been focusing more on upsmash lately, trying to get as many kills with it as possible and just dashing towards people as they are landing and throwing it out is working pretty well. They keep trying to fade back with a fair/nair to cover their landing, but Mewtwos just too fast.
>Implying Robin is more viable than Roy....

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.

Shulk and Roy are a bit questionable, but hey, better then before.

Usmash is an amazing anti air read, also, it apparently slides farther if you JC it.

U-Throw U-Throw that's why we named it Phase for Mewtwo, no more puns......please?

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
If only the Pokemon moves were as accurate to the series as Mega Man's...
Jigglypuffs Rest healing completely might be little overkill with Star KO and DownB on death

Jr is slightly better than mewtwo but Mewtwo is indeed better than many of the casts

Last edited:
Top Bottom