• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Jigglypuffs Rest healing completely might be little overkill with Star KO and DownB on death
But then Jigglypuff would have a random chance of waking up only after every hit she takes, so the opponent only needs to move her to the edge and hit her out of the stage and if she doesn't wake up on that one chance it's KO....

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
But then Jigglypuff would have a random chance of waking up only after every hit she takes, so the opponent only needs to move her to the edge and hit her out of the stage and if she doesn't wake up on that one chance it's KO....
Actually it always wakes up after two turns. And don't go trying to apply turn-based logic to Smash.

"The user goes to sleep for two turns. In return, it recovers all HP and heals status conditions"

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Actually it always wakes up after two turns. And don't go trying to apply turn-based logic to Smash.

"The user goes to sleep for two turns. In return, it recovers all HP and heals status conditions"
Only two? That definitely changed from my time of Pokémon playing back in the day.... but it's even worse for her because it only takes one move to take her out of the stage and she has no chance of waking up now.
And don't try to apply turn-basic logic? So that means don't try to make accurate Pokémon moves at all, which nullifies the first comment of this chain.... and all the others too. And the whole discussion on that matter btw.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Only two? That definitely changed from my time of Pokémon playing back in the day.... but it's even worse for her because it only takes one move to take her out of the stage and she has no chance of waking up now.
And don't try to apply turn-basic logic? So that means don't try to make accurate Pokémon moves at all, which nullifies the first comment of this chain.... and all the others too. And the whole discussion on that matter btw.
as I remember, Rest is always 2 turn. but sleeping (like sing and hypnosis) is random between 2-5

I have a feeling Jigglypuff is done for in the next Smash, so...

Anyway, anyone else check out some of the other buffed characters? Link, Kirby, and Ganondorf are a lot better, and I also think Palutena was buffed significantly, though the 1.1.3 page says there were no changes.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
as I remember, Rest is always 2 turn. but sleeping (like sing and hypnosis) is random between 2-5
Even in gen 1 and 2? I remember it to be all random in my Pokémon Stadium games.... but hey, again, who am me to trust too much on my memory?

Anyway, anyone else check out some of the other buffed characters? Link, Kirby, and Ganondorf are a lot better, and I also think Palutena was buffed significantly, though the 1.1.3 page says there were no changes.
Kirby, Ganon and Palu-sama are all on my play list, but I haven't been home to even install the patch yet : (

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I respectfully disagree. Jigglypuff is one of the Original 12, and none of them have ever been cut. Smash 64 is the only game in the series whose roster is completely present in every Smash game, and there's no indication of that changing any time soon. As such, I believe it stands to reason that Jigglypuff, or any other given member of the Original 12, for that matter, will be present in the next Smash Bros. Like I said, though, this is just my opinion.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I am utterly convinced that 1.1.3 Mewtwo is better than the following characters across an entire-cast matchup spread

:4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucas::4lucina::4marth::4palutena::4feroy::4samus::4shulk::4zelda::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

And shares a similar viability to:4megaman::4gaw::4pacman::4robinf::4tlink::4wario::4wiifit::4olimar:
I question a few of these, especially Roy, then Marth and Lucina...but Lucina is one of my mains, so I'm kinda biased I suppose.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I am utterly convinced that 1.1.3 Mewtwo is better than the following characters across an entire-cast matchup spread

:4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucas::4lucina::4marth::4palutena::4feroy::4samus::4shulk::4zelda::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

And shares a similar viability to:4megaman::4gaw::4pacman::4robinf::4tlink::4wario::4wiifit::4olimar:
That's seems to the be general opinion I've been seeing recently, at least in regards to theory lists given there's not much data just yet for the new patch.

If only the Pokemon moves were as accurate to the series as Mega Man's...
OP Metal Blade sounds good to me, as does a spread shot Air Shooter. :troll:

Furret24

Smash Master
So does anyone else share the same feel as me towards dthrow and it been an amazing throw?
No. I along with most people consider it situational at best due to it's endlag making followups nearly impossible and it's damage output being outclassed by all of his other throws. I can't think of a reason to use it over his other throws.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
When I fight against CPU Mewtwo, they seem to be able to link down throw to dash attack. That does more than 13%, i.e. forward throw. Still, it seems you should be able to jump out of it.

Basically, it seems down throw is kinda outclassed in every way. It's so pointless, it honestly reminds me of one of Cloud's throws, i.e. no real follow-ups.

When we have 3 other amazing throws, though, who cares? Uthrow & Bthrow can kill, and Fthrow is great for racking up damage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd be content if Down-Throw could at least link into Fair or Down-Tilt until about 75%, probably because, as it stands, Mewtwo has no combo throws.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I mean, if Mr. Sakurai gave us a combo throw, I wouldn't complain; but I don't think we need it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think that by having one, it would help to further balance Mewtwo's offense/defense ratio.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Got my first amiibo! Surprise surprise, it's Mewtwo! Friend bought one and gave it to me for Christmas because he knew I liked Mewtwo. Happy to have this guy, and I'm probably not going to open it up because I don't plan on using it. For looks only! =)

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
We don't really need a combo throw, but it's nice that they cared enough for Mewtwo's throws to even give him one, albiet a bit bad in some areas. I mean, if we did have a functioning dthrow combo, just imagine: you shielded the dtilt? Okay, we'll just go in for a dthrow and continue racking up percent!
Still, I didn't really care for it before, and I obviously won't care for it now, but maybe in February we can see if Sakurai can do something about it, and maybe some other things too. (coughuairhitboxesstillneedfixingcough)

D

Deleted member

The Down-Tilt wouldn't take an entire second though. Also, I think the reason I want a combo throw is because we both view Mewtwo differently

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I would like a combo throw since it would be another option, but it's not like it would be a huge deal if he never got one.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
So does anyone else share the same feel as me towards dthrow and it been an amazing throw?
D-throw has many uses, it isn't that bad.

@Mario Smith Aninymouse Aninymouse Furret24 Furret24 can you guys imagine how OP Dthrow-Dtilt/Fair would be? We don't want that, especially with the ease Mewtwo can get grabs.

D-Throw links into DA if DI'ed away and Usmash otherwise, not that bad really. If the ju,p away, they don't have a DJ, punish with SB.

D

Deleted member

@Mario Smith Aninymouse Aninymouse Furret24 Furret24 can you guys imagine how OP Dthrow-Dtilt/Fair would be? We don't want that, especially with the ease Mewtwo can get grabs.

D-Throw links into DA if DI'ed away and Usmash otherwise, not that bad really. If the ju,p away, they don't have a DJ, punish with SB.
Well, whenever you think Mewtwo's OP just remember :4sheik:

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Well, whenever you think Mewtwo's OP just remember :4sheik:

:)
If they nerfed Shiek's needles, Shiek would be fine.

This is how I see it.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Controversial statement of the year right there... not saying I disagree entirely (especially with improved movement speed), but if there's one thing people are vocal about with Mewtwo (besides weight), it's his short grab.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Controversial statement of the year right there... not saying I disagree entirely (especially with improved movement speed), but if there's one thing people are vocal about with Mewtwo (besides weight), it's his short grab.
His grab range is short, but he doesn't have a really hard time getting the oppurtunities for grabs. He can get one out of Nair, SB, empty hop, practically anything on shield. I am just saying, that when characters have an easier time landing grabs, they tend to have bad ones. Barring top tiers. In my time playing Mewtwo, I have found that it is not really easy to get grabs, but, it is rather easy to punish with a grab. The one thing I will stick to completely about Mewtwo is that he is a punishing character, and the best and easiest punish is often grab. Do you get what I am saying?

@Mairo Smith only an idiot would think Mewtwo is OP, he isn't even high tier. The highest he will be placed in the next year is upper mid, and the lowest on a credible tier list should be bottom of mid. He is without a doubt a mid tier character.

The thing is, think of the follow-ups he would get from a single grab. Dtilt is one of the best combo moves in the game, if not the best. (Barring grabs) out of a Dtilt, Mewtwo can get 30-40% true combos, and then link a couple of aerials and set-up a frame trap afterwards for funsies. Do you really think, with all thes combos, and kill confirms, That Mewtwo should have a D-throw that combos? If it sent straight up then it might be okay, but not forward. I can go on for quite a while, any more questions?

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
just give him a dthrow into uair then like 90% of the characters have already, will give him something out of a grab at low percents without allowing it to be stupid, and it would be a double tail hit which would make me happy.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Not sure if vs Bowser is a good match up for Mewtwo. Mewtwo's size, weight, and gravity allows Bowser to easily throw Mewtwo around like a ragdoll especially with that goofy up throw set up he got now.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

just give him a dthrow into uair then like 90% of the characters have already, will give him something out of a grab at low percents without allowing it to be stupid, and it would be a double tail hit which would make me happy.
That's why I said it would be fine if it sent straight up, then Uair would combo out of it, however, we would lose Dthrow-Usmash kill confirm.

D

Deleted member

@Mairo Smith only an idiot would think Mewtwo is OP, he isn't even high tier. The highest he will be placed in the next year is upper mid, and the lowest on a credible tier list should be bottom of mid. He is without a doubt a mid tier character.
I never said that I find him OP. I actually find him rather lacking, though, in his defense, he's one of the only characters who's combos actually deal more damage than his Smash Attacks. :)
Not sure if vs Bowser is a good match up for Mewtwo. Mewtwo's size, weight, and gravity allows Bowser to easily throw Mewtwo around like a ragdoll especially with that goofy up throw set up he got now.
Well, that's when you go Offensive-Two. I love fighting Bowsers and Ganons as Mewtwo because I can beat them around the stage with ease.
That's why I said it would be fine if it sent straight up, then Uair would combo out of it, however, we would lose Dthrow-Usmash kill confirm.
But what if instead we got a kill combo?

Sonicninja115

I never said that I find him OP. I actually find him rather lacking, though, in his defense, he's one of the only characters who's combos actually deal more damage than his Smash Attacks. :)

Well, that's when you go Offensive-Two. I love fighting Bowsers and Ganons as Mewtwo because I can beat them around the stage with ease.

But what if instead we got a kill combo?
If you are talking about that being a bad thing, they can easily change the BKG and KBG.

As a good thing, nope... That should never happen. Being able to easily kill a character at 80% from a throw is never a good thing. Especially when Mewtwo has so many other good KO options. The only reason heavies have the kill confirms is because that is practically their only kill option. Other then that they have to use Bair or some other laggy move.

Please don't tell me people like to use an aggressive playstyle with Mewtwo...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you are talking about that being a bad thing, they can easily change the BKG and KBG.

As a good thing, nope... That should never happen. Being able to easily kill a character at 80% from a throw is never a good thing. Especially when Mewtwo has so many other good KO options. The only reason heavies have the kill confirms is because that is practically their only kill option. Other then that they have to use Bair or some other laggy move.

We used to have this guy who claimed Mewtwo HAS to play aggressive. It came to no ones surprise when they got rekt by Ganondorf lol

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
And Mewtwo still juggles Bowser like a beach ball.

It's probably even now, they both do nasty things to each other on a punish, Bowser has more raw survivability but Mewtwo has an easier time in neutral + gimping. Just have to be a little more careful around Bowser's grab.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 Haha that's really weird, looks like all the Mewtwo's combine to make a Ultimate Dark form of Mewtwo or something, the U-smash effect looked cool when they all did it at the same time too.

Sonicninja115

Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 Haha that's really weird, looks like all the Mewtwo's combine to make a Ultimate Dark form of Mewtwo or something, the U-smash effect looked cool when they all did it at the same time too.
It's exploding on reddit right now. It is pretty simple to do, as long as you have 7 amiibo. Basically, you trick the game into thinking your controller is players one-eight, no hacking involved.
And Mewtwo still juggles Bowser like a beach ball.

It's probably even now, they both do nasty things to each other on a punish, Bowser has more raw survivability but Mewtwo has an easier time in neutral + gimping. Just have to be a little more careful around Bowser's grab.
how hard does Mewtwo get hit by Bowsers new combos? We have the weight factor helping us as well, being super light, it is hard to know the correct percentages.

D

Deleted member

I play aggressive Mewtwo all the time, even if it costs me a match... I suppose that I've simply never liked to sacrifice my "morals" just to "fit in".

Sonicninja115

Metalex Metalex i saw your tumble lock vid. Is the Confusion to Uair easier now? I know we had it before, but it looked like it connected easier. And please don't tell me learning how to PP hurt your finger THAT bad. That would really be a pain if a tech did that.

@Mario Smith aggressive Mewtwo is fine when at an advantage. I usually like to call this a punishing playstyle. I play using a moderate defense and movement AT's, and then when I get a throw or tilt, I push them as hard as I can and usually get 50% off of their mistake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Metalex Metalex aggressive Mewtwo is fine when at an advantage. I usually like to call this a punishing playstyle. I play using a moderate defense and movement AT's, and then when I get a throw or tilt, I push them as hard as I can and usually get 50% off of their mistake.[/USER]
I still use my mindgames (like movement "ATs"), however, the moment I get an opening I'll usually rush my opponent down until it's nearly impossible for me to do further damage. I usually use Double-Jump Cancelled Shadow Balls to keep my enemies in check as I approach them, that, and Confusion -> Up-Tilt, since people usually don't think to escape from that. I do wish that Uair was safe to SHFF with, though, kinda like Kirby's and Mario's.

Sonicninja115

I still use my mindgames (like movement "ATs"), however, the moment I get an opening I'll usually rush my opponent down until it's nearly impossible for me to do further damage. I usually use Double-Jump Cancelled Shadow Balls to keep my enemies in check as I approach them, that, and Confusion -> Up-Tilt, since people usually don't think to escape from that. I do wish that Uair was safe to SHFF with, though, kinda like Kirby's and Mario's.
It is plus 2/3 on shield now. As long as you cross-up or hit with the tip of Uair you are fine.

Movement AT's that I use are SHAD, PP and fake EDD, they are actually advanced techs. ( iffy on the last one, more of a foxtrot Dance then DD)

Top Bottom