• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
It is plus 2/3 on shield now. As long as you cross-up or hit with the tip of Uair you are fine.

Movement AT's that I use are SHAD, PP and fake EDD, they are actually advanced techs. ( iffy on the last one, more of a foxtrot Dance then DD)
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a SHAD, PP, and EDD?

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
So uhh, sorry to butt in but is there a Discord chat for Mewtwo players? I saw the topic but it didn't have any posts so it seems dead so I figured I'd ask here instead if anyone is in it, I'd like to join if possible to try and up my Mewtwo game if possible and to just chat about our favorite big tailed Pokemon to feel less lonely.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So uhh, sorry to butt in but is there a Discord chat for Mewtwo players? I saw the topic but it didn't have any posts so it seems dead so I figured I'd ask here instead if anyone is in it, I'd like to join if possible to try and up my Mewtwo game if possible and to just chat about our favorite big tailed Pokemon to feel less lonely.
Online relationships lack the human element. They will always feel empty. Looking for fulfillment on Reddit or Smashboards is like feeding a starving man nothing but pickles for weeks. You need real people.

Last edited:

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Online relationships lack the human element. They will always feel empty. Looking for fulfillment on Reddit or Smashboards is like feeding a starving man nothing but pickles for weeks. You need real people.
I uhh...just asked a simple question, last part was a joke.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
If you were speaking of random people online, sure, that indeed does make sense. Smashboards and Reddit are more of a "discuss competitive **** like MUs, money matches, etc." than an actual "Chat with friends" kind of site. However, saying online friendships IN GENERAL are empty? Nah man, however, I doubt anything I say will resonate, so I shall not bother with arguing on this topic.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Fake EDD is a bit different then EDD, but yeah.

TailLover TailLover what is the difference between making a competitive discussion thread on SB and Discord?

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Fake EDD is a bit different then EDD, but yeah.

TailLover TailLover what is the difference between making a competitive discussion thread on SB and Discord?
Discord is instant messaging, really the only difference, much easier to have a more natural conversation, problem is that the conversations aren't permanently recorded on a forum for new people.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Discord is instant messaging, really the only difference, much easier to have a more natural conversation, problem is that the conversations aren't permanently recorded on a forum for new people.
Sounds inferior for information sharing. Chat rooms are more of a fun time waster than anything else.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
And that would be? His American voice for Pokémon: The First Movie or something?
I think Dan Green voiced Mewtwo in Mewtwo Returns. Jay Geode was Mewtwo's voice in Mewtwo Strikes Back, although he was credited as "Philip Bartlett" in that movie. Anyhow, I definitely wouldn't mind Green or Geode voicing Mewtwo in a future Smash installment or something. I gotta agree with Teh Epic Anna; Mewtwo speaking in localized versions of Smash would rock! However, if I could magically pick any voice actor I wanted to do a localized Mewtwo, I'd either go with Steve Blum or Bob Joles. Blum's sort of a crowd-pleaser, I guess, but his voice is would just sound so good coming from Mewtwo, in my opinion!

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'd be happy with just having his Japanese voice and victory clips. Then we'd have 4 Japanese speaking swordsmen :4marth::4feroy::4cloud::4mewtwo:. We can make that 5 in February cuz I have doubts on :4corrin: speaking English.

D

Deleted member

Have you guys ever heard of a Taunt Party before? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'd be happy with just having his Japanese voice and victory clips. Then we'd have 4 Japanese speaking swordsmen :4marth::4feroy::4cloud::4mewtwo:. We can make that 5 in February cuz I have doubts on :4corrin: speaking English.
Cloud spoke Japanese in his trailer. Corrin spoke in English. Up to this point, how characters have spoken in their trailers has been accurate to the final product. I have great confidence Corrin will speak English.

Male Corrin's voice actor is Cam Clarke, which is amazing, so I'm kinda excited.

I think Dan Green voiced Mewtwo in Mewtwo Returns. Jay Geode was Mewtwo's voice in Mewtwo Strikes Back, although he was credited as "Philip Bartlett" in that movie. Anyhow, I definitely wouldn't mind Green or Geode voicing Mewtwo in a future Smash installment or something. I gotta agree with Teh Epic Anna; Mewtwo speaking in localized versions of Smash would rock! However, if I could magically pick any voice actor I wanted to do a localized Mewtwo, I'd either go with Steve Blum or Bob Joles. Blum's sort of a crowd-pleaser, I guess, but his voice is would just sound so good coming from Mewtwo, in my opinion!
I'd be happy with any voice from Mewtwo at all. Realistically, it was probably The Pokemon Company or GameFreak that put the kibosh on dubbing Mewtwo. We all know how backwards and contrary they are about controlling how their characters sound and look in other media. I seriously doubt Nintendo or Sakurai has any problem with dub/localized audio, as most Nintendo-owned characters in Smash 4 have localized voices, unless the character is known for speaking Japanese, like Marth & Roy.

Have you guys ever heard of a Taunt Party before? :)
Otherwise known as the bane of For Fun mode. I had hoped they had been buried with Brawl... especially when Sakurai said people would be banned for doing nothing...

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Cloud spoke Japanese in his trailer. Corrin spoke in English. Up to this point, how characters have spoken in their trailers has been accurate to the final product. I have great confidence Corrin will speak English.

Male Corrin's voice actor is Cam Clarke, which is amazing, so I'm kinda excited.
**** seriously? Guess salt over no Wolf and not caring about the two new made me forget. Although I do recall missing the very beginning of the presentation which I believe was the Corrin part.

Odd how he gets an English voice when his game isn't even released outside of Japan yet.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
**** seriously? Guess salt over no Wolf and not caring about the two new made me forget. Although I do recall missing the very beginning of the presentation which I believe was the Corrin part.

Odd how he gets an English voice when his game isn't even released outside of Japan yet.
It makes sense if you consider that even Sakurai admits Corrin was added to help hype up Fire Emblem 14 sales. They want Corrin to speak English, so that the Western audience attaches to the character. Think about how the characters who speak in Smash always tend to have oft-quoted and memorable lines. And besides, FE14 will obviously be dubbed into English when it releases, like FEs before it.

I mean, their plan is working. Once I realized it was Cam Clarke, my desire to buy Corrin went up a good bit.

D

Deleted member

Otherwise known as the bane of For Fun mode. I had hoped they had been buried with Brawl... especially when Sakurai said people would be banned for doing nothing...
I may be a competitive player, but I love taunt parties! I mostly enjoy them because of the "bonding" experiences, and, I'm the type of person who likes to meet and encounter friends, so taunt parties provide a good way of doing that. Also, it's For Fun mode, so I should be able to do whatever I find fun (this isn't intended to be an attack on you)

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I intended on buying Corrin regardless of his voice or his game. Mostly just looking for a Wolf replacement (and funny I say that here of all places since Mewtwo has become the closest thing I have to a Wolf replacement). I also don't see why Fates even needs more hyping. Awakening made Fire Emblem a recognizable franchise name outside of Japan and Smash players. New character is cool and all but blah blah, rant about vegetable blah blah.

As for taunt parties, I like them well enough. I'd never arrange to have one in a friend match since it'd be the same people over and over again. I like being a devious little pita during For Fun taunt parties. Start off taunting and being all friendly like, then randomly attack someone and watch chaos follow.

D

Deleted member

I think that doing Taunt Parties with friends destroys the spirit and the essence of it all. Like I was saying on another thread, it's like if you had a power outage with friends and/or family, and the difference between the power going out from electricity (which usually strengthens bonds), and somebody manually cutting it off for the sake of said bonding.
As I sometimes say, You have to be part of the experience, not the experience part of you.
Regardless, I truly do miss those days. Brawl felt a lot better than Sm4sh in that regard.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I think that doing Taunt Parties with friends destroys the spirit and the essence of it all. Like I was saying on another thread, it's like if you had a power outage with friends and/or family, and the difference between the power going out from electricity (which usually strengthens bonds), and somebody manually cutting it off for the sake of said bonding.
As I sometimes say, You have to be part of the experience, not the experience part of you.
Regardless, I truly do miss those days. Brawl felt a lot better than Sm4sh in that regard.
I actually prefer Sm4sh's For Fun taunt parties over Brawl's Basic Brawl ones. The very existence of For Glory creates an answer for those who can't stand taunt parties, something Brawl had no answer to at all and I've gotten quite a few friend request things (whatever term the Wii U uses for them) from FF taunt parties which is another feature Brawl lacked. The only thing Brawl had over Sm4sh imo was stage selecting but I'll gladly take random stages over Temple and FD over and over and over again @.@

D

Deleted member

I actually prefer Sm4sh's For Fun taunt parties over Brawl's Basic Brawl ones. The very existence of For Glory creates an answer for those who can't stand taunt parties, something Brawl had no answer to at all and I've gotten quite a few friend request things (whatever term the Wii U uses for them) from FF taunt parties which is another feature Brawl lacked. The only thing Brawl had over Sm4sh imo was stage selecting but I'll gladly take random stages over Temple and FD over and over and over again @.@
Indeed the combination separation and connectivity does make Smash 4's Taunt-Parties superior in the regard, however, at the same time, Taunt Parties are more "fragile" because now you have to hit your own partners every so often to prevent yourself from getting banned, and if they don't understand your purposes, they could either overlook this rule and get banned themselves, or attack you because they thought that you were attacking them.

As for the stages, they could just make it where the more a stage has been chosen, the lower the percentage of it being selected would be.
So, for example if there was a 3/1 decision for Temple, it would start off as 75%, but as the matches went on, it could be a 3/1 with only a 25% chance, therefor making it 25/100 (if coded in such ways), or 25/50, and thus allowing other stages to be chosen

SHAD isn't advanced, but PP and EDD are, especially with Mewtwo, a floating character. You mess up on those two, you're done for because of the insane turn lag that Mewtwo gets. I prefer using the short glide after dashing to use an Up Smash or a short hop nair.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure if this is already a technique or not, but to do it, you simply Run, then cancel your TurnRun animation with another Dash/Run. If this isn't a technique already, I'll just call it Pivot Cancelled Dashing

Edit: It can also be cancelled into an Up-Smash (Pivot Cancelled Up Smash)

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
SHAD isn't advanced, but PP and EDD are, especially with Mewtwo, a floating character. You mess up on those two, you're done for because of the insane turn lag that Mewtwo gets. I prefer using the short glide after dashing to use an Up Smash or a short hop nair.
That is something that I have never really seen clarified, what separates an AT from a technique?
I'm not sure if this is already a technique or not, but to do it, you simply Run, then cancel your TurnRun animation with another Dash/Run. If this isn't a technique already, I'll just call it Pivot Cancelled Dashing

Edit: It can also be cancelled into an Up-Smash (Pivot Cancelled Up Smash)
you know that is just an Usmash while dashing right? And I believe you are describing a foxtrot, I have a video showcasing something else, but it includes it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr6lDEX8zhs

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
PP is something I try to make use of but since most of my matches are online I tend to ignore using it.
EDD is something I'm still practicing before trying it in a match and SHAD is easy and something I've been making use of since Brawl.

As for the taunt parties, that bit doesn't bother me since I play Smash to hit things anyways. As I said before, I'm devious when it comes to taunt parties. "Yeah, sure dude. We're cool. Here's some crouchs and my two taunts per match." 3 matches later BAM! Random Ganon fsmash! And then I run away and taunt :3

D

Deleted member

you know that is just an Usmash while dashing right? And I believe you are describing a foxtrot, I have a video showcasing something else, but it includes it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr6lDEX8zhs
That's not it. It requires actually using the Dash from the TurnRun animation.The result should be cancelling the turnaround animation with a Dash, not cancelling the Dash animation with a Dash. Also, the result with the Up-Smash should be using an Up-Smash going forward, but facing backwards. I'll upload a video if possible.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
What do you guys do with the c-stick? I have it on Smash now but I might change it to Attack. What seems better for Mewtwo?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
On Tuesday night, my co-workers and I decided to have a small Smash tournament between the five of us after work. This was the only Mewtwo match I managed to save.
I realize that since I'm more of a casual player, I don't have too much knowledge about advanced techniques. I also realize that my co-workers are also casual players who want to eventually beat me. I'm also sure I'd get 2 stocked by Speed if I ever faced her. However, judging by the provided video, I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for ways I could improve my Mewtwo play.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Metalex Metalex i saw your tumble lock vid. Is the Confusion to Uair easier now? I know we had it before, but it looked like it connected easier. And please don't tell me learning how to PP hurt your finger THAT bad. That would really be a pain if a tech did that.

Yeah Confusion to dj Uair is much better now with the improved hitboxes! Connects much more reliably than before and seems to work on more characters that it didn't connect on prepatch and can lead to pretty devastating links as shown in the video. The slightly bigger reach on confusion has also made it easier to pull off stuff like this. Btw, Here's the video in case anyone else wants to see:

And yeah about my thumb issue.... it has really been a pain for me but it wasn't from perfect pivoting :p I got a severe inflammation in multiple tendons in my right thumb about 2 months ago from too much intense Smash + Guitar playing, and since then it's been up and down with periods where i can't do almost anything with my thumb because of the pain. It's still not completely gone, but much better now so hopefully it will be completely healed in a week or two!

During this period i have been using a adjusted control scheme so i don't have to use my right thumb at all when playing but rather use my index and middle finger to push the buttons (only difference is grab set to Y so i can reach everything) which was hard in the beginning but now im almost up to my usual skill level using this way of playing. It's actually been beneficial to my smash skills strangely enough since changing control scheme forced me to get out of bad defensive habits and now i put more thought into every action i do than i did before. I will hopefully be able to play with a normal control scheme using my thumb soon enough though :4mewtwo:

Last edited:
Top Bottom