• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Yeah, it's night here, and the 3DS camera is only so good. Tough to get high quality photos when all you have is a 3DS, but it functions. Tough to get good lighting when you're in your car, too. It's basically my house.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
1. I have all the Smash amiibos with Lucas coming in the mail tomorrow. :cool:
2. Got a Mewtwo amiibo for one of my nephews. He seemed to like it a lot.
3. Mewtwo getting representation at Genesis sounds awesome. Definitely going to be a fun discussion in the BR.
4. Merry Christmas. May your Spoons stay sharp.

Time to go to sleep.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I got Kirby plushies, a Kirby blanket, an MK and D3 amiibo, hoodies, a Kirby shirt, cookies, skittles, coffee and something nsfw. Let your imagination run wild!

Very Kirby Christmas since every game that came out this year that I wanted (which wasn't many) I wanted immediately rather than at Christmas.

Also, Woolly World is broken af with 2 players. My cousin and I played the entire game and got every flower and every yarn and we broke so many levels. You can get infinite height and by extension infinite horizontal movement with two players. Good game though!

Also TailLover TailLover if you want, I can show pictures of Mewtwo, Fox and Falco's tails on their amiibos. Feel like showing off anyways, plan on showing a picture of my collection and my sisters, could focus a picture on the 3 tailed ones I have.

Currently, there's only 1 more amiibo I might want and that's Roy. I only want him if he's compatible with Codename Steam though.

Merry Christmas everyone!

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Also TailLover TailLover if you want, I can show pictures of Mewtwo, Fox and Falco's tails on their amiibos. Feel like showing off anyways, plan on showing a picture of my collection and my sisters, could focus a picture on the 3 tailed ones I have.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Merry Christmas to you too!

And I'd love that, though forget Falco, I don't really care about bird tails :p

Merry Christmas everyone ^^

My xmas treat to myself was the Mega Mewtwo blister packs (with the X/Y pins) and the two Mega box packs with the statues in them. I totally forget what they're called.

TailLover TailLover

http://imgur.com/u4Ie7d6

http://imgur.com/dDriaYy
That amiibo really is well made, thanks for the pictures, the more pictures the better I say! And that is definitely a good tail, my biggest worry is that the tail would be bad but it certainly isn't. I remember the Charizard amiibo being decent too, but sadly I recall the tail being shorter than it should be as well, aww well they can't all be amazing.

...I have way too many pictures of Charizard and Mewtwo's tails in smash 4 saved on my computer though...I may have a problem...

In other news, I've played Axiom Verge for 6 hours today, never heard of the game till today, bought it on a whim and what a great purchase that was! I didn't realize how much I wanted to play another Metroidvania game till right now...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
And I'd love that, though forget Falco, I don't really care about bird tails :p
But there can be exceptions to that, right? Right?

Oh, I guess Peacocks can't really move them that freely, huh? Still one of the coolest tails in the animal kingdom, though.

And I guess there's always this guy.

Oh, hey, that reminds me. Did you know that if you attached a prosthetic tail to a chicken, it walks more like a dinosaur?

Last edited:

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
But there can be exceptions to that, right? Right?
Oh, I guess Peacocks can't really move them that freely, huh? Still one of the coolest tails in the animal kingdom, though.

And I guess there's always this guy.
yeah, I'm all about what having a tail would feel like, and you can't really feel through feathers, and I wouldn't say Archeops has a bird tail so to speak lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This tail discussion actually started causing me to geek out over prehistoric avian dinosaurs again.
I love prehistoric avian dinosaurs. They're like, real life dragons, and dragons are awesome.

I also just love dinosaurs. And birds. Even though birds actually are considered a type of dinosaur now.

Oh, right, Mewtwo amiibo. Yeah.
I think I might start training Fluffykins tomorrow.
I hope that having a Mewtwo amiibo can also unlock (Shadow) Mewtwo in Pokken. The amiibo card looks cool and all, but it's hard to get hyped for a card when I've already got a pretty good figure.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
This tail discussion actually started causing me to geek out over prehistoric avian dinosaurs again.
I love prehistoric avian dinosaurs. They're like, real life dragons, and dragons are awesome.

I also just love dinosaurs. And birds. Even though birds actually are considered a type of dinosaur now.

Oh, right, Mewtwo amiibo. Yeah.
I think I might start training Fluffykins tomorrow.
I hope that having a Mewtwo amiibo can also unlock (Shadow) Mewtwo in Pokken. The amiibo card looks cool and all, but it's hard to get hyped for a card when I've already got a pretty good figure.
I don't think a regular Mewtwo amiibo will unlock Shadow Mewtwo. Shadow Mewtwo will have slightly different coding like how all the different Yoshi or Mario amiibo have slightly different coding to unlock the different costumes in Mario Maker.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
TailLover TailLover - If you're interested in Metroidvania games, you might want to keep an eye on Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It's a Metroidvania game from Koji Igarashi, and it's dated for a March 2017 release on the Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, PS4, PS Vita, and Xbox One, as well as Microsoft Windows, OS X, and Linux. I'd give you a link, but I can't think of one that would give you all the information you need. I suppose Wikipedia would be a good starting place. So far, Bloodstained looks really nice, in my opinion, and, unless something changes dramatically, I'll definitely be picking it up when it releases. I'm pretty excited for it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
TailLover TailLover - If you're interested in Metroidvania games, you might want to keep an eye on Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It's a Metroidvania game from Koji Igarashi, and it's dated for a March 2017 release on the Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, PS4, PS Vita, and Xbox One, as well as Microsoft Windows, OS X, and Linux. I'd give you a link, but I can't think of one that would give you all the information you need. I suppose Wikipedia would be a good starting place. So far, Bloodstained looks really nice, in my opinion, and, unless something changes dramatically, I'll definitely be picking it up when it releases. I'm pretty excited for it.
The best place to get info is the Bloodstained kickstarter imo
Crowdfunded games are becoming more common. We have stuff like Skullgirls, Shovel Knight, Indivisible, Fiora Frightening and Yooka Laylee, Freedom Planet, etc. Shame it's getting worse with Psychonauts 2 existing

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I am so hyped for that game.... and Miriam for Smash ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT:
The best place to get info is the Bloodstained kickstarter imo
Crowdfunded games are becoming more common. We have stuff like Skullgirls, Shovel Knight, Indivisible, Fiora Frightening and Yooka Laylee, Freedom Planet, etc. Shame it's getting worse with Psychonauts 2 existing
I wish so much Double Fine did Brütal Legend 2 (without that shameful crowdfund) instead of Psychonauts, but oh, well....
And while on that matter, I recommend Skullgirls to everyone who likes classic fighters too, if I haven't done that already.

Last edited:

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
yeah I know about that game, pretty hype for it too!

On the topic of Kickstarter, Psychonauts 2 is super exciting and I can't wait for that!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
yeah I know about that game, pretty hype for it too!

On the topic of Kickstarter, Psychonauts 2 is super exciting and I can't wait for that!
Prepare to be disappointed. Tim Schafer is an absolute asshole with crowdfunding. He failed to deliver a good product after getting NINE times more than he needed. And he had the NERVE to constantly post pictures saying 'LOOK AT ALL MY MONEEEEEEEY' I don't trust him with my money, and he asked more than Indivisible did, who barely got enough

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't think a regular Mewtwo amiibo will unlock Shadow Mewtwo. Shadow Mewtwo will have slightly different coding like how all the different Yoshi or Mario amiibo have slightly different coding to unlock the different costumes in Mario Maker.
Well, I did put "shadow" in parenthesis in hopes of the possibility that the Mewtwo amiibo might just unlock regular old Mewtwo, at least.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Alrighty then...

Dtilt-Grab

Dtilt-DJ Uair-Back hit of Bair, Nair might work now too.

Dtilt-RAR Bair works, and might true combo into the double Bair. Thanks Aba!
oooh any combo involving bair is a good combo in my eyes, that move is so satisfying to use in my opinion.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's kind of funny how quickly TailLover became so popular in this thread.
I'm almost worried that we might be making him a little uncomfortable with all this attention.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's kind of funny how quickly TailLover became so popular in this thread so quickly.
I'm almost worried that we might be making him a little uncomfortable with all this attention.
Yes, our master plan is falling perfectly into place. We shall torture him...with our friendship! :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yes, our master plan is falling perfectly into place. We shall torture him...with our friendship! :p
Well, if you put it that way, I suppose I have no choice but to join you.

Bring in the pony tails!

Wait, no! Not that type of pony tail!

Ah, there we go. Much better.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Well, it looks like the boards have calmed down. We got quite a few new Mewtwo players tho, and only about half dropped him.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I really wish you could watch Twitch on your N3DS... Maybe they could make a low-resource app... but you wouldn't be able to chat, donate, etc., so Twitch probably has no interest in developing something like that.

Ah well. I trust Abadango is doing amazing things with Mewtwo.

Edit: Also, wow, I am super bad at Smash now, after all those months of Monster Hunter. I've been playing against my Mewtwo amiibo to get better. It still wins every time, but I taught it to reflect Shadow Balls, chase me to the top platform, and to stop spamming Usmash. If only I could teach it death combos...

Lv50 amiibo have boosted kill power, though. It's not a fair fight.

Last edited:

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
It's kind of funny how quickly TailLover became so popular in this thread.
nah man I love attention, and I always love talking about tails with anyone willing to with me. Helps that we all love a character with such a nice tail though

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Dabuz's stream is amazing, it's so sad he gets all that hate. He is just a really talented player. I am learning soooo much from his Niconico analysis.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Dabuz's stream is amazing, it's so sad he gets all that hate. He is just a really talented player. I am learning soooo much from his Niconico analysis.
I would watch that, but I am FAR too lazy to pay attention. All I want to do is mash my face on the controller and win, is that too much to ask? Preferably with Charizard or Mewtwo but ehh I can't get everything I want

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I would watch that, but I am FAR too lazy to pay attention. All I want to do is mash my face on the controller and win, is that too much to ask? Preferably with Charizard or Mewtwo but ehh I can't get everything I want
Play free-for-alls with Charizard and mashing your face may just work. Jump into the fray hit everything as hard as you can. That's what heavy weights do best.

Mewtwo's really light though, so you need extra emphasis on Shadow Ball to win with him.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Play free-for-alls with Charizard and mashing your face may just work. Jump into the fray hit everything as hard as you can. That's what heavy weights do best.

Mewtwo's really light though, so you need extra emphasis on Shadow Ball to win with him.
Free for alls are lame tho, I wanna beat the best of the best with face mashing, clearly my dreams are impossible though so I guess it's back to actually trying, man...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
If being good was that easy, "being the best" wouldn't mean much.

I think your forethought before your post was approximately equivalent to mashing your face on the keyboard, though. Like being so bored that you talk just to hear yourself talk. We don't really have any standards for Spoon Sword Social, though. Proof: the months between Mewtwo's reveal and release in this thread.

Basically, we had absolutely nothing to go on, so we just kept discussing the same things over and over... for months. Occasionally, Igzex would come in, say, "our fair lady Mewtwo," and we'd go back to discussing nothing.

God help us all if Igzex and TailLover team up.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
67yuhj hy67yh

^I legitimately just mashed my face into my keyboard to type that. I'm sorry. I just had to.

Forgive me.

I don't want to be too spammy, so I'll share a piece of news.
Apparently in Japan, if you download a Gen 1 pokemon game of the Eshop, you'll get a special serial code to receive a mew. I'll bet that we'll see something similar in the US and Europe to.

Top Bottom