• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Old Smash mains? :mario64::fox64::link64::luigi64::falcon64: Mario is my main with the others as just fun characters.
:ganondorfmelee::pichumelee::younglinkmelee::drmario::mewtwomelee: There's more but I don't wanna fill this post with heads
:wolf::ganondorf::pikachu2::sheilda::kirby2:

As for tails, well Pokemon ones anyways, Vulpix and Eevee have cute tails ^^. Jolteon...technically has a tail...he can use Tail Whip but it's just stubby spikes that he can shoot. Gyarados is 'snake like' and his tail is just okay. Those are my favourite Pokemon and my thoughts on their tails.

As for tails in general, I'm a big fan of them and TailLover isn't alone in liking the idea of actually having a tail.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Back on the subject of tails, what do you think about Pikachu's tail, TailLover TailLover ?
Pika's tail so so flat, not a huge fan

I think it just means that we find you interesting:). Also, for the record, I'd be interested in having a tail for a little while. It would be pretty cool, but I'd have to learn to how sleep, sit, and use the bathroom differently, so I wouldn't want to keep it forever. Maybe just for a week or so. I think a long, fox- or wolf-like tail would be best. They've always struck me as the coolest.
I am definitely more interested in the large thick tails like Charizard and Mewtwo, much larger, more to feel, the weight of them, love those tails and would love to experience what it would feel like to have one. Still cool that you at least are interested though!

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
his tail isn't another Pokemon tho, it's just biting his tail lol.
Well. technically, the thing biting the tail is now part of him, being part of the tail.

Mega Slowbro really should have looked like this:

YES, that is badass, it should 105% have been him....
Also, for the record, I'd be interested in having a tail for a little while. It would be pretty cool, but I'd have to learn to how sleep, sit, and use the bathroom differently, so I wouldn't want to keep it forever. Maybe just for a week or so. I think a long, fox- or wolf-like tail would be best. They've always struck me as the coolest.
Nah, I wouldn't want a tail, I would love some wings, though.... real wings, not those little things Pit calls wings :p

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I am definitely more interested in the large thick tails like Charizard and Mewtwo, much larger, more to feel, the weight of them, love those tails and would love to experience what it would feel like to have one. Still cool that you at least are interested though!
I see. Personally, while I see the appeal of having a large, heavy tail, I wouldn't be interested in having one like that. They seem like they'd be too heavy to constantly support and cause more trouble than they're worth. Lightweight, furry tails that you can use to tickle people seem like they would be the most fun. Plus, if I have a proper understating of those kinds of tails, their respective animals use them as an indicator of their own emotion, which would be a pretty nice feature, in my opinion. Anyhow, it all comes down to personal preference, and I see where you're coming from, so it's all good. :)
Nah, I wouldn't want a tail, I would love some wings, though.... real wings, not those little things Pit calls wings :p
Wings could be interesting, too, though I'm not sure what kind of wings I'd want. I'd probably be willing to keep a pair of wings forever, provided I could use them to fly. That'd be awesome! Also, how would you guys feel about auxiliary gills, assuming you were immune to water pressure and all that stuff? I'd take those in a heartbeat! They seem like they'd be the least problematic to deal with, since, externally speaking, they're little more that a series of slits in your skin. You'd have to watch out for sharks and stuff, though... Also, is there a difference between gills in freshwater fish and gills in saltwater fish? I should look that up. If so, I'd rather have saltwater gills because the oceans are just so big, and, as a result, saltwater gills seem like they'd be more worthwhile.

I'm loving this discussion!

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I would still stick with the wings.... I am not much a fan of swiming, but being able to fly over places would not just be so cool, but so damn handy too!
Plus, birds eat fish, so birds wins :p
But on the salt vs fresh, saltwater gills would be more useful, but more dangerous too.

Ok, old smash mains.
64: never played it. I'd play :ness64: or :kirby64:.
Melee: :pikachumelee:, :kirbymelee:, and now :nessmelee: (but I can't do melee tech so I don't play melee)
Brawl: I played a lot of brawl. :gw:, :pit:, and :wolf: were my co-mains. Mid tiers rule. I'm the TO for a small local, and I'm adding a take on Brawl Doubles next time because I think it's miles better than singles Brawl.
And now, I have the SSB4 squad: :4mewtwo::4greninja::4duckhunt::4metaknight:

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
I see. Personally, while I see the appeal of having a large, heavy tail, I wouldn't be interested in having one like that. They seem like they'd be too heavy to constantly support and cause more trouble than they're worth. Lightweight, furry tails that you can use to tickle people seem like they would be the most fun. Plus, if I have a proper understating of those kinds of tails, their respective animals use them as an indicator of their own emotion, which would be a pretty nice feature, in my opinion. Anyhow, it all comes down to personal preference, and I see where you're coming from, so it's all good. :)

Wings could be interesting, too, though I'm not sure what kind of wings I'd want. I'd probably be willing to keep a pair of wings forever, provided I could use them to fly. That'd be awesome! Also, how would you guys feel about auxiliary gills, assuming you were immune to water pressure and all that stuff? I'd take those in a heartbeat! They seem like they'd be the least problematic to deal with, since, externally speaking, they're little more that a series of slits in your skin. You'd have to watch out for sharks and stuff, though... Also, is there a difference between gills in freshwater fish and gills in saltwater fish? I should look that up. If so, I'd rather have saltwater gills because the oceans are just so big, and, as a result, saltwater gills seem like they'd be more worthwhile.

I'm loving this discussion!
when it comes to anything that isn't a tail, my thoughts are that it would be interesting and fun, but also things that I don't care too much about but if the opportunity arises I'd be like "okay sounds cool". Gills would be cool, but really a tail is the only thing that makes me think that it would fee good to have, if that makes sense. As in, thinking about what having a tail feels like makes me think it would feel incredible, but everything else is just like, "yeah that would be interesting"

Gills for example, would be weird as hell to have, but would be cool due to being able to breath underwater, just as how the feeling of having wings would, to me, just be cool, and the real plus is being able to fly. For a tail, I don't care how it's used, I care almost entirely about the feelings of having one, and that alone is enough to me.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
but nobody really inherited Mario's F-Smash.
Just swooping in to say check out Wario's Fsmash in this game, it's basically a bootleg version of Mario's from 64, complete with the big hand size increase.

Heck, Wario even took Mario's old USmash where he swung his head in a mostly idle-ish position rather than at a full rotation. Kinda interesting.

What I really want is the old Mario Forward Air and Back Air to come back on a character (preferrably a Mario one). The forward air was SOOOO useful. While we're at it, give DK his 64 Fsmash pimp slap back and Falcon can have his old FSmash from 64 too and Ganon can keep the elbow, suits him better.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I kinda feel like having a tail is worse than not having one. What would you use a tail for, anyway? Having a tail would just take up space.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
I kinda feel like having a tail is worse than not having one. What would you use a tail for, anyway? Having a tail would just take up space.
I think being able to feel it and move it around, feel through it when it touches something, I just think all of that would feel good even if it does get in the way and take up space. Mewtwo's tail especially with how flexible and such it is would feel really good to have in my opinion.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Quite a few tails in real life have practical use, like cow's as flyswatters, a decoy for certain lizards, or monkeys using them to grip and climb better (like :4diddy:).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Did I see people mocking Mega Slowbro? Do you guys hate fun or something?

Oh, right, on the topic of tails.
Cats use tails to help keep their balance. Birds use their tails in flight, and fish and aquatic mammals use their tails to swim. Dogs use their tails for communication - they're an important part of a dog's body language.

Last edited:
A human tail would be very disadvantageous to social life... just think about how much more crowded New York City would be if everyone had a giant tail... and how would social protocol be governed for tails anyway?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
A human tail would be very disadvantageous to social life... just think about how much more crowded New York City would be if everyone had a giant tail... and how would social protocol be governed for tails anyway?
You know what they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If we all had tails since the beginning, we likely wouldn't have thought much of them and have adapted to their presence.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Tails seem cool, and although it wouldn't be my first choice, I guess(?) I wouldn't mind having one.
However, WINGS, man. I love the thought of flying, being able to soar through the air with the wind in my face, being able to fold them or curl myself up in them; something I just oh-so wish I had. I feel so much at home in the air, and I love being on planes and looking out the window seeing the clouds beneath me. A lot of close friends of mine agree I was probably a bird or some kind of flying animal in my past life, and I don't disagree at all.

...Did I ramble a bit too much? :p

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I personally wouldn't mind having a tail especially if i can use it similar to how Frieza from DBZ uses it for fighting.

@Smashifier- No, you didn't ramble too much. You see, compared to a tail that would serve no purpose (unless maybe if it was prehensile), wings could actually serve a purpose for transportation, protection and aerial ability. Now imagining a metropolis where everyone could fly around, and it makes so much more sense.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Everyone talking about a purpose, can I just have a tail so I can feel having a tail? That's all I want really :p

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Everyone talking about a purpose, can I just have a tail so I can feel having a tail? That's all I want really :p
Oh yes of course, I didn't mean to come off in any rude way, I just thought it'd be nice to share my opinion on the matter.
In the end, it's all up to personal preference. We all have things we like over another thing, whatever the reason may be! :roll:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I think being able to feel it and move it around, feel through it when it touches something, I just think all of that would feel good even if it does get in the way and take up space. Mewtwo's tail especially with how flexible and such it is would feel really good to have in my opinion.
How would you react if you found out you are a saiyan and had a tail but your family cut it out when you was a baby and you won't ever have it again? :v

Last edited:

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
How would you react if you found out you are a saiyan and had a tail but your family cut it out when you was a baby and you won't ever have it again? :v
I'd be pretty upset, but also Monkey tails were never my thing, still a loooot better than nothing though.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Did I see people mocking Mega Slowbro? Do you guys hate fun or something?

Oh, right, on the topic of tails.
Cats use tails to help keep their balance. Birds use their tails in flight, and fish and aquatic mammals use their tails to swim. Dogs use their tails for communication - they're an important part of a dog's body language.
After seeing this GIF, I couldn't resist putting this here.
:chuckle:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Yes!!! I mean no disrespect towards TailLover, but I would much rather have wings than a tail! Going from place to place would be much quicker, and since I walk to places more than sitting in a car, having wings would make that so much easier. Think of the convenience! :D

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Or you could have the best of both worlds and be a laguz. Bird laguz have wings in both human and beast form while dragon laguz get (albeiit, usually useless) wings and they both get tails in beast form. Beast laguz get to have their tails in both human and beast form.

Oh and for anyone who doesn't know, laguz are a race in the Tellius series of Fire Emblem games, the one Ike's from. Humans are Beorc while the more animal-like humans are laguz.

I myself would want a tail and something no one has mentioned yet, animal ears. <3

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Dragon Laguz are the most lucky, perfectly normal humans who can live a normal life with the ability to transform at will into a dragon that has a massive tail...I envy them greatly...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Aside from dragon laguz, you can always be a good old Manakete.

Kind of like Corrin. Though I'm not sure if Corrin's technically a manakete or not...eh, whatever.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Aside from dragon laguz, you can always be a good old Manakete.

Kind of like Corrin. Though I'm not sure if Corrin's technically a manakete or not...eh, whatever.
Corrin and Manaketes are also lucky as ****, living basically my dream of being able to feel having a tail whenever you want without it getting in the way of normal life (not that I would mind it getting in the way)

Anyway it seems I derailed this topic a bit hard, I'm glad you are all willing to chat about it but I don't want to be too annoying lol.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Well, for starters, it can make you way cuter, especially if you have ears to go with it~
Seriously, though, I can see a tail having multiple convenient uses. For example, for fox-like tails specifically, you could use it to scratch that one place on your back that your arms can't reach, you have a teddy bear you can cuddle at any time you need, and you could probably do some pretty neat tricks with it. Obviously, a prehensile tail, like those found in chimpanzees, would have more practical uses, so that'd be cool, as well. I wouldn't call tails entirely useless, but I'll partially concede and say that their usefulness would probably be rather limited.

Wings would be really great! I have a slightly irrational fear of heights, but I feel like having wings would actually be pretty cool. Maybe it's because I know that I would personally be in full control of my flight all times? I dunno. Regardless, wings would be very, very useful, as you get from place to place quickly, efficiently, and without any interruption from traffic.

Also, from what I understand of Manaketes, it would be totally awesome to be one! You would be able to totally discard your human responsibilities and make millions by being the world's greatest magician. Or, you could remove yourself from humanity and entertain yourself on some desolate island. Either way, you'd be able to live mostly carefree and without stress, which would be pretty nice, I think. Stress sucks. >_<
Anyway it seems I derailed this topic a bit hard, I'm glad you are all willing to chat about it but I don't want to be too annoying lol.
I obviously can't speak for everybody else, but I, for one, don't mind at all. This discussion seems to have drawn in a lot of posters, which, in turn, caused a huge activity spike. I love that, and, moreover, this is actually a pretty interesting discussion topic. It's fun to imagine what life would be like if you had wings or a tail or could turn into a dragon!

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Being a laguz/manakete sounds cool on the surface, but what about the social aspect of it? There'd be a lot of racism going around, I'd imagine (just like in the Tellius games). Unlike simply being a human with wings or tails, you're literally transforming into a completely different creature... I can totally see other people getting scared and all (especially being a goddamn dragon and all). Look at human history... we can't even treat our own kind correctly, I wouldn't want to think how people would view manaketes/laguz. :(

Last edited:

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Being a laguz/manakete sounds cool on the surface, but what about the social aspect of it? There'd be a lot of racism going around, I'd imagine (just like in the Tellius games). Unlike simply being a human with wings or tails, you're literally transforming into a completely different creature... I can totally see other people getting scared and all (especially being a goddamn dragon and all). Look at human history... we can't even treat our own kind correctly, I wouldn't want to think how people would view manaketes/laguz. :(
Dragon Laguz are REALLY good at hiding it though, I just have to transform and love feeling my tail in private!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Pfft... I'll just raze anyone who tries to kill me to the ground. Compared to modern weaponry, dragons would be extremely agile for someone of their size and power, not mention absolutely terrifying. Plus, if all else fails, you could hide out in Antarctica, keeping yourself warm with your fire-breath and making friends with penguins:p. Nobody lives out there, anyway.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Pfft... I'll just raze anyone who tries to kill me to the ground. Compared to modern weaponry, dragons would be extremely agile for someone of their size and power, not mention absolutely terrifying. Plus, if all else fails, you could hide out in Antarctica, keeping yourself warm with your fire-breath and making friends with penguins:p. Nobody lives out there, anyway.
As much as I like dragons, I honestly don't think they can stand up to modern weaponry. Missiles and bombs and all that jazz would destroy dragons.

If I was a dragon, rather than make friends with the penguins, I'd eat them all to show dominance. >=)

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
As much as I like dragons, I honestly don't think they can stand up to modern weaponry. Missiles and bombs and all that jazz would destroy dragons.

If I was a dragon, rather than make friends with the penguins, I'd eat them all to show dominance. >=)
Hm... I suppose that's true. What if you revealed your dragon persona in a grand act of kindness? Like, if you were at some big charity event, and you revealed that you were a Manakete while you were giving a speech or something, people would be predisposed to think of you in a postive light. Maybe that would work?

But penguins are adorable! Just eat the killer whales down in Antarctica instead. They're bigger, last longer, and you would probably get more sustenance out of them. Or, since you're already in Antarctica, you've likely been kicked out of society, so you can just eat people. If they hate you for no reason, give those jerks a reason! :demon:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Ha! 'Agile dragons'. Not in FE! They're all big, slow, easy targets save for 1. They are powerful though. And yeah, dragon laguz don't show any animal traits in human form so they can appear human to others.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm content with being a relatively normal human.

When I was a kid, I thought it would be cool to have claws. Claws represent power. As a powerless child, it sounded good to have an innate power that no one would take from you, giving you greater control over your life... When you're bullied, you think this way.

Flying, running at super speed, and all that stuff... Yeah, of course it would be cool.

Having a tail like Mewtwo's would be great for keeping balance, defending yourself, and doing two things at once. Mewtwo's tail has a lot of motor control. It looks meaty, so it would be pretty strong.

On the downside, though, it's one more body part that could get injured. Old age would be harder if your tail got arthritis.

I can't help thinking that, if you had a tail like Mewtwo's, you wouldn't want people to touch it. Being connected to your spine, buttocks, and such, it could be seen as a sexually ambiguous organ. Maybe in the winter, you'd have a "sock" attached to your pants that would completely cover it. In the summer, you'd need shorts with 3 "legs." Just cutting a hole in the back of regular pants would probably result in too much of a breeze on your anus. Other people wouldn't stand for that.

It probably would feel good to have your tail touched. Dogs and cats have sensitive tails that they are very peculiar about. Like, if you touch it too much, or accidentally get too rough with the tail, the animal reacts extremely negatively... but if you're very gentle and don't overdo it, they enjoy you touching it. But, it's a trust thing. You wouldn't want strangers messing with your tail. It'd probably make you really upset.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
I'm content with being a relatively normal human.

When I was a kid, I thought it would be cool to have claws. Claws represent power. As a powerless child, it sounded good to have an innate power that no one would take from you, giving you greater control over your life... When you're bullied, you think this way.

Flying, running at super speed, and all that stuff... Yeah, of course it would be cool.

Having a tail like Mewtwo's would be great for keeping balance, defending yourself, and doing two things at once. Mewtwo's tail has a lot of motor control. It looks meaty, so it would be pretty strong.

On the downside, though, it's one more body part that could get injured. Old age would be harder if your tail got arthritis.

I can't help thinking that, if you had a tail like Mewtwo's, you wouldn't want people to touch it. Being connected to your spine, buttocks, and such, it could be seen as a sexually ambiguous organ. Maybe in the winter, you'd have a "sock" attached to your pants that would completely cover it. In the summer, you'd need shorts with 3 "legs." Just cutting a hole in the back of regular pants would probably result in too much of a breeze on your anus. Other people wouldn't stand for that.

It probably would feel good to have your tail touched. Dogs and cats have sensitive tails that they are very peculiar about. Like, if you touch it too much, or accidentally get too rough with the tail, the animal reacts extremely negatively... but if you're very gentle and don't overdo it, they enjoy you touching it. But, it's a trust thing. You wouldn't want strangers messing with your tail. It'd probably make you really upset.
you nailed a lot of my thoughts about having a tail, well not really, but I agree with almost everything you said. I would LOVE to have my tail touched, but only when I want it to be touched and by someone I know, otherwise you are right it would upset me greatly. In general, having such a large flexible appendage in that location, I don't really know why I think having a tail would feel so good, I just do.

I'm pretty content being a normal human too to be honest, only I'd like to be able to feel having a tail in a Lucid Dream or maybe in the future more advanced Virtual Reality, that's my dream anyway, to feel a tail when I want, but also live a normal life.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
if Humans had tails, it would be most likely we would look totally diffirent than we look today. also it would look more of a "skin, Hairless tails" like Mice has and not a furry one that many thinks off

if Humans had wings, it would be the same.

in evolution, we did have stuff that monkeys and apes had (tails and toe thumbs) but nature is funny.
if we dont need anything in our bodies anymore, the nature and evolution will slowly evolve itself and remove these features. thats why we dont need our tails to keep balance anymore and thats why we lost our toe thumbs due we made our feets to walk instead for gripping things with

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
One could be excused for thinking this is the Lucario general discussion thread right now.

Last edited:

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
One could be excused for thinking this is the Lucario general discussion thread right now.
Mewtwo's tail is WAAAAAY better than Lucario's tail though, even if Lucario's tail isn't bad.

Also I'm not a furry, I just love tails lol.

Top Bottom