• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Damnit...
I promised it faaar back when Chrom was announced.

I'll go back into Sora's train. I know...I know.
I feel it's Erdrick, I'm 99% sure it's Erdrick but.

I'll believe in the 1%. I know it can happens. Those stats movements, the height compared to Cloud, it fit perfectly Sora.
So, I'm willing to believe it. I'm willing to be delusional.

I love each of the Square Enix characters possible. But Sora is my Wild-Dream most wanted, and to know that I defended him ironically in the General thread before genuinely defending him.

So let's go. The long way Around. I'll die on my hill. SORA FOR SMASH.

By the way. Currently rewritting the First page right now, sorry for the delay Dumb Study.
Mildly unrelated but when people switch their Profile Picture it messes with my head, I didn't even realize who you were until you said you were editing the first page lol.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Every game with the exception of FFVII(until later this year) has at least one playable entry in a Nintendo console, and even then FFVII has been on PC for around 20 years.
Cloud was playable in a spinoff game that was announced the same direct as his reveal.

Although I don't recall if he was playable in any game on a Nintendo console prior to that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Mildly unrelated but when people switch their Profile Picture it messes with my head, I didn't even realize who you were until you said you were editing the first page lol.
Well for me that's his default so glad he hopped off the Joker profile pix train.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Damnit...
I promised it faaar back when Chrom was announced.

I'll go back into Sora's train. I know...I know.
I feel it's Erdrick, I'm 99% sure it's Erdrick but.

I'll believe in the 1%. I know it can happens. Those stats movements, the height compared to Cloud, it fit perfectly Sora.
So, I'm willing to believe it. I'm willing to be delusional.

I love each of the Square Enix characters possible. But Sora is my Wild-Dream most wanted, and to know that I defended him ironically in the General thread before genuinely defending him.

So let's go. The long way Around. I'll die on my hill. SORA FOR SMASH.

By the way. Currently rewritting the First page right now, sorry for the delay Dumb Study.
I know, I know be strong. I'll be delusional with you! Those stats and the video of Ike from Mizumi are the only thing we have for evidence. I personally think it's between either Erdrick and Sora at this point. I'll describe this debate in the best way possible: my mind is telling me that it's Erdrick, but my heart wants it to be Sora. It probably sounds cheesy but that's where I'm at with this current situation.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Well for me that's his default so glad he hopped off the Joker profile pix train.
Did a lot of people switch after he was revealed? I had noticed there seemed to be a lot of Persona 5 Profile Pictures but I just chalked it up to seeing it because I was looking for it.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well then...

I guess I'm gonna be messing with your head then. :p
(I change my profile pic every 1-2 weeks).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Did a lot of people switch after he was revealed? I had noticed there seemed to be a lot of Persona 5 Profile Pictures but I just chalked it up to seeing it because I was looking for it.
Absolutely.
It happens every character reveal. (Except maaaaaybe Isabelle)
Demifiend_Jokers.png

Shoutouts to KarneraMythos KarneraMythos

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Please

Oh god

Oh god no

Please no not after the month I have waited not a ****ing Nindies Showcase
Well, to give you a bit of Hope (Or false hope) each time we got a Nindies Showcase, the following week/Two week we got a Direct.
Not that it means anything since the "Muh Usual January Direct" rules just got broken.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Well then...

I guess I'm gonna be messing with your head then. :p
(I change my profile pic every 1-2 weeks).
Wait what was your last one? I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of who the regulars are but if your picture rotates that often I've probably never made the connection lol.

Absolutely.
It happens every character reveal. (Except maaaaaybe Isabelle)
View attachment 187871
Shoutouts to KarneraMythos KarneraMythos
Hmm okay I guess I'll have to watch out for that on the next one lol

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
OOF... RIP Luigi The President Luigi The President

But anyway, this at least means that we're finally getting something beyond tweets.

And a direct will probably be a little while after.
I hope so. But it's only a small highlights stream from Nintendo UK.

Feb is a good time to have something anyway, including cuz of PPlant.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Wait what was your last one? I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of who the regulars are but if your picture rotates that often I've probably never made the connection lol.
It was a Bravely Default one (although that was only for a few days).

Before that it was another Granblue character.

And I only had that one for about a week and a half.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
It was a Bravely Default one (although that was only for a few days).

Before that it was another Granblue character.

And I only had that one for about a week and a half.
Oh yeah I remember the Bravely Default one, okay I'll just have to check names more often lol.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don't know why people are mixing up "acknowledge a game franchise's importance and why it's good" with "liking the game". You can admit a game franchise is good and stuff, but you don't have to LIKE it. I know DQ is big and such, but it's not nearly my favorite series in the genre, plain and simple. So when people say what they think about the characters, it doesn't have to be tied up to what they know and acknowledge about the franchise. We can like whichever character the most, we can have a favorite, and still be able to acknowledge the importance of other franchises. I don't have to like them in order to acknowledge them. They are two completely different things, don't mix it up.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Please

Oh god

Oh god no

Please no not after the month I have waited not a ****ing Nindies Showcase
Look at the good side. Usually, after these indie focused showcases, there's an actual direct shortly after. Also, Piranha Plant's preorder period ends January 31 and Nintendo still hasn't announced their plans for 2019. I'm sure there will be a Direct to announce Piranha Plant's release as well as some other announcements coming, maybe they will even reveal the 2nd Fighter's Pass fighter. February 1st~15th seems to be very likely to have a Direct.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't know why people are mixing up "acknowledge a game franchise's importance and why it's good" with "liking the game". You can admit a game franchise is good and stuff, but you don't have to LIKE it. I know DQ is big and such, but it's not nearly my favorite series in the genre, plain and simple. So when people say what they think about the characters, it doesn't have to be tied up to what they know and acknowledge about the franchise. We can like whichever character the most, we can have a favorite, and still be able to acknowledge the importance of other franchises. I don't have to like them in order to acknowledge them. They are two completely different things, don't mix it up.
Yeah but like 90% of people have trouble telling apart their feelings and reality.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Look at the good side. Usually, after these indie focused showcases, there's an actual direct shortly after.
This is true. If you guys check the wikipedia of nintendo directs, you can see in thel ist that every time there is a nindie direct, one or two weeks later we usually get a regular direct. Such is the example of having the September direct after two nindies on august. The wait is killing but hey, at least this is the first official sign of one coming eventually soon-ish.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This comment is real on so many levels
Lol, yeah.
This is true. If you guys check the wikipedia of nintendo directs, you can see in thel ist that every time there is a nindie direct, one or two weeks later we usually get a regular direct. Such is the example of having the September direct after two nindies on august. The wait is killing but hey, at least this is the first official sign of one coming eventually soon-ish.
That's promising. but does that include directs that are mostly just one region? (like nintendo uk this time.)
I wouldn't mind a bigger direct still in january :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Based Nindies BTFOing optimists.

So no matter who the square character turns out to be, do you think we’ll get any content from other Square games (eg Erdrick gets in, Crono gets a mii costume)?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

So no matter who the square character turns out to be, do you think we’ll get any content from other Square games (eg Erdrick gets in, Crono gets a mii costume)?
wishful thinking more final fantasy music not just from 7 heck i'd take 13 music at this point

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Good question. We're supposed to get more mii costumes, right? and I don't see why we couldn't get a few more from the 3rd parties, especially with new characters coming.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
It would be awesome if we got Mii Costumes for each one of the Square 7 that didn't get in the game.
Normal brain = List is possible characters
Big brain = List is for Mii Costumes

EDIT: Galaxy brain = List is the spirits they meant to submit to Sakurai but forgot to.

Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace

I can imagine them announcing a Slime Mii outfit alongside Erdrick just like they did with Cloud and Chocobo. (if Erdrick is our Square character ofc)

Top Bottom