• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’d appreciate if any talk about KHIII, no matter how vague, were to be done within spoiler tags. I’ve waited too long for this to be spoiled now. Thanks.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeaahhh.. im not sure sora fans would be happy with that or if it'd feel like a slap in the face. :O
I'm pretty sure no one in their sane mind within Nintendo would go to such lengths to get Sora JUST for a mii costume lol.

D

Deleted member

I’d appreciate if any talk about KHIII, no matter how vague, were to be done within spoiler tags. I’ve waited too long for this to be spoiled now. Thanks.
But then how would you know that Pluto is the evil mastermind behind everything?

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Sora was Jesus Christ all along and fights Satan Dragon Ball Z style.
He also goes to Dragon Ball Z universe, confirming that Disney owns DBZ now.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
March Nintendo Direct with Joker gameplay trailer is what I expect at this point.

As cool as Sora would be, I really doubt Brave is him, despite kinda fitting the data parameters. The reference to anything called "Brave" in Kingdom Hearts is a pretty deep cut compared to... "Pakku" for Piranha Plant, and "Jack" for Joker (which you could either interpret as a nod to Jack Frost, or a reference to the Jack playing card, which is linked to Joker's Arcane, the Fool). From what I understand, the Brave name is a direct translation of the hero title from Dragon Quest, 勇者, aka Yuusha. Why would the codename for Sora be so much more obtuse than the others which are so on-the-nose?

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Why would the codename for Sora be so much more obtuse than the others which are so on-the-nose?
Idk if I'd really say Jack=Joker is very on-the-nose, Plant yes totally but Jack is is pretty obscured unless you know it points to Joker.

D

Deleted member

Idk if I'd really say Jack=Joker is very on-the-nose, Plant yes totally but Jack is is pretty obscured unless you know it points to Joker.
Well if Piranha Plant was planned for base game who's to say that the Codename for him wasn't made last minute when they found out that he wouldn't fit within the time frame?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
March Nintendo Direct with Joker gameplay trailer is what I expect at this point.

As cool as Sora would be, I really doubt Brave is him, despite kinda fitting the data parameters. The reference to anything called "Brave" in Kingdom Hearts is a pretty deep cut compared to... "Pakku" for Piranha Plant, and "Jack" for Joker (which you could either interpret as a nod to Jack Frost, or a reference to the Jack playing card, which is linked to Joker's Arcane, the Fool). From what I understand, the Brave name is a direct translation of the hero title from Dragon Quest, 勇者, aka Yuusha. Why would the codename for Sora be so much more obtuse than the others which are so on-the-nose?
They didn't need a deep codename for the plant, it got announced pretty early.
I would think they thought a bit further for the next ones. but i dont know.. :O

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Every game with the exception of FFVII(until later this year) has at least one playable entry in a Nintendo console, and even then FFVII has been on PC for around 20 years.
While I get that KH in particular does show up on Nintendo consoles, however I hesitate in saying they work as starting points for getting into the series which is more to what I was leaning towards when mentioning the Playstation thing

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
This is true. If you guys check the wikipedia of nintendo directs, you can see in thel ist that every time there is a nindie direct, one or two weeks later we usually get a regular direct. Such is the example of having the September direct after two nindies on august. The wait is killing but hey, at least this is the first official sign of one coming eventually soon-ish.
So that means it'll be in February...meaning the next direct will most likely be on Piranha Plant's release date.

That's a good day to bide my time for, honestly.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if we did all this speculation and then there turned out to be two Square reps being Geno and Erdrick with Erdrick being for publicity's sake and to get it popular in the West and Geno for the dedicated hardcore fanbase as a 20th anniversary gift. That would be truly be the best timeline

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Imagine if we did all this speculation and then there turned out to be two Square reps being Geno and Erdrick with Erdrick being for publicity's sake and to get it popular in the West and Geno for the dedicated hardcore fanbase as a 20th anniversary gift. That would be truly be the best timeline
I don't see Sora in there anywhere.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I wish....god I wish

Come on buddy. You gotta cheer up!

Turn that frown upside down!
View attachment 187883
Can't but thanks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At this rate they’re going to announce Erdrick, Geno and Sora in a random tweet.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I feel ya dude. It would be the best outcome but at least there's always Season two right? I mean Sakurai did say he's trying to do everything he can with Ultimate...Maybe?
Ending the total cast at 80 and the stage count at 108 is a very very specific and deliberate thing imo
I doubt there'll be a S2

D

Deleted member

Ending the total cast at 80 and the stage count at 108 is a very very specific and deliberate thing imo
I doubt there'll be a S2
I mean sure maybe they won't do a Season 2 but if they did they could always add another Section to the Stage list like how they did with Smash 4 like this

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think if we get a second season of DLC it won't have been planned ahead of time. I think it will be because they see the response and decide to make more.
I mean sure maybe they won't do a Season 2 but if they did they could always add another Section to the Stage list like how they did with Smash 4 like this
Sure but I'm already seeing people speak as if it's a definite when it's more likely not to be happening

StormC

Smash Hero
There's currently no reason to believe or expect a season 2.

This Fighter Pass isn't even called "season 1" or "set 1." It's just... the Fighter Pass.

D

Deleted member

Even without a Season 2 they could always add Geno in as Miscellaneous DLC since he doesn't NEED a Stage since we already have quite a few Mario Stages. He could always just come with him, Some music and maybe some Spirits.

D

Deleted member

Based Nindies BTFOing optimists.

So no matter who the square character turns out to be, do you think we’ll get any content from other Square games (eg Erdrick gets in, Crono gets a mii costume)?
Was the case for Cloud so probably. I can see Mii costumes happening for other DQ characters (Alena Brawler pls), and other SE characters like Crono like you said, or others like Randi maybe.

D

Deleted member

Was the case for Cloud so probably. I can see Mii costumes happening for other DQ characters (Alena Brawler pls), and other SE characters like Crono like you said, or others like Randi maybe.
And if Geno doesn't get in as Season one or otherwise DLC at least give us his Mii Costume back. The Legendary PNG is kind of a downgrade.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Honestly, I absolutely believe that Brave is probably for Erdrick with the "Yuusha" things but.
Yes, there is a big Butt from me here.

Smash files always used Romanization of Japanese names. Charizard's files are "Lizardon", Greninja are "Gekkouga", Corrin is "Kamui", Robin is "Reflet" and so on and on and on.
Smash Files data never translated the MEANING, they always been romanization. So following that pattern, we get Packu which is PP's name, Jack (probably a reference for Jack-Frost, the codename for Joker internally to keep it secret, which doesn't change during the Romanization of the name.) which is fine. But why "Brave?" It should have been fighter_kind_Yuusha/Yusha (if the limit is 5 character) or anything else. Sora being referenced by his "Brave form" while being, I admit it, a bit reaching, actually follow that Valor form's romanization from Japanese is "Brave form" and so the way Smash always used their codes since, well...Forever?

That's why, while I do believe Brave = Yuusha connection is legit and that Erdrick is 99% the one. I believe there is something wrong with it, since it would be the first time Smash actually translated a word instead of using it's romanization. And why I'm willing to give a shot at Brave referencing Sora.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I absolutely believe that Brave is probably for Erdrick with the "Yuusha" things but.
Yes, there is a big Butt from me here.

Smash files always used Romanization of Japanese names. Charizard's files are "Lizardon", Greninja are "Gekkouga", Corrin is "Kamui", Robin is "Reflet" and so on and on and on.
Smash Files data never translated the MEANING, they always been romanization. So following that pattern, we get Packu which is PP's name, Jack (probably a reference for Jack-Frost, the codename for Joker internally to keep it secret, which doesn't change during the Romanization of the name.) which is fine. But why "Brave?" It should have been fighter_kind_Yuusha/Yusha (if the limit is 5 character) or anything else. Sora being referenced by his "Brave form" while being, I admit it, a bit reaching, actually follow that Valor form's romanization from Japanese is "Brave form" and so the way Smash always used their codes since, well...Forever?

That's why, while I do believe Brave = Yuusha connection is legit and that Erdrick is 99% the one. I believe there is something wrong with it, since it would be the first time Smash actually translated a word instead of using it's romanization. And why I'm willing to give a shot at Brave referencing Sora.
If it is Sora then what's the Skin_Kind_Bio thing about? It usually suggests something is textured from my knowledge and Sora doesn't have something that needs to be Textured onto his body? Like it would fit Erdrick if he was wearing some Armor and it would fit Geno cause he's wooden and would need Texturing but what for Sora?

Top Bottom